View Full Version : Goodell's Email Address

FanSince72
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Here is the email address for Roger Goodell:

Commisioner’s e-mail:

roger.goodell@nfl.com

I sent him the following regarding James Harrison (we should all do the same):

Mr. Commissioner,

I disagree with the one-game suspension of James Harrison and I believe the suspension should be lifted.

His hit against Colt McCoy was hard but was not illegal and I believe that this decision was based upon your perception of Mr. Harrison's so-called "reputation" and not on the merits of the actual incident.

While I agree with your concern for player safety, I do not agree with the seemingly random and uneven application of your policies.
I believe that players like Mr. Harrison have been unduly branded as "dirty" and that your decisions regarding his play in particular have been biased because of that.
As a fan of the game, I do not wish to see players injured for the sake of a team's success but I also do not want to see a cherished sport become little more than a shell of itself by bringing every instance of contact into question or by assuming that all contact initiated by certain players is automatically suspect and judged from that standpoint.

When a player clearly and with malice aforethought attempts to maim or injure another player I think that player should be punished in any and all ways available to you.
But punishing aggressive and spirited play - especially when taken out of context or over scrutinized through technology and or reputation, can and does damage and diminish the game in ways that might ultimately lead to its demise and irrelevance.

I ask that you please reconsider your position on Mr. Harrison's suspension.

Respectfully...

MACH1
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
http://couchfiresports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/496px-Roger_Goodell_at_Super_Bowl_43-1-248x300.jpg

NEIN

steelfury02
12-13-2011, 12:35 PM
if anyone else is going to contact league offices or email the Fuhrer - you might consider telling him that with all the technology and minute rules in place, he might want to consider a hit to the head on a running back equally dangerous and furthermore take into consideration the fact that Harrison clearly was not trying to concuss him, as evident by him approaching him, asking him if he was ok when he returned to the game, via his beloved technology

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Do you think he'd really take into consideration of reading anyones emails?
The guys a DINK period!.

TRH
12-13-2011, 02:23 PM
i'm sure they'll all screened by a personal secretary or two..... And only the interleague ones that come from colleagues and teams are passed through.

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Only one he reads is prolly Krafts email.....:rofl:

steelermount
12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm gonna email him this http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=Hq_rknF9Lzs

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 05:26 PM
I emailed him.....Now he sending the National Guard after me. Was it something i said? :doh:
http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o424/munsonbby/RogerGoodellGestapo.jpg

IowaSteeler927
12-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Goodell is a damned joke. I've never seen such a hypocritical person in my life. The enforcement of rules and doling out of punishments is so uneven it's unreal. Roethlisberger gets annihilated every week which is partly due to the way he plays but there are a lot of questionable hits where the ball is out of his hands and nothing gets called. Yet when Harrison hits someone a sea of flags covers the entirety of the field. Here's my email:

"As a devout fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and football as a sport I would like to express my disgust at your decision making process in regards to the suspension of James Harrison for the alleged illegal hit on Colt McCoy. Your enforcement of rules and doling out of punishments is so uneven and biased for that matter that one should question whether you're a commissioner or just a dictator. This is full contact tackle football, not flag football, and not two-hand touch. Incidental contact happens, and helmet to helmet hits happen accidentally from time to time. I think if Harrison was out to head hunt other players then he would of had a questionable hit before Week 14 of the current season. It's awfully convenient how you've given him a one game suspension when we have one of the biggest games on the schedule coming up against the 49ers on Monday Night Football.

I am thoroughly disgusted at the direction you seem to be taking the league. It's become pass-offense oriented. You seem to have it out for defenses that play hard nosed football as your new rules and policies make it increasingly difficult for defensive players to do what they need to do to win. Cornerbacks can't even barely brush receivers without drawing pass interference flags but receivers consistently get away with push-offs. Why is it that running backs can basically throw open handed strikes to the heads of defenders in the form of stiff arms and that isn't a penalty? Why is it that running backs can lower their head down and run headlong into defender's helmet first and it isn't a penalty? Why is is that offensive lineman seem to get away with cheap cut blocks below the knees sometimes for the majority of games?

You talk about player safety and protecting the players but you do nothing to protect the guys on defense. You just make their jobs harder. You act as if they can just make split second decisions on the field within the speed of the game whether or not to lower the boom and hit an offensive player. They don't have time to take into account a players positioning and have no way of knowing whether or not the offensive player they are about to hit is going to lower their helmet, attempt to duck, quickly throw the ball, etc...

You are making the game and the league into a laughing stock. Games are starting to look more like scrimmages than actual competitions. I'm sure your poster-boy Packers Quarterbacked by Aaron Rodgers would beg to differ however, I can confidently say that Rodgers wouldn't have such gaudy numbers without your new "player safety" rules and regulations that basically keep defenses from so much as looking at him funny or else they draw a personal foul.

Harrison should be on the field on Monday plain and simple. You continue to fail football as a sport and the fans who appreciate watching good defensive performances. I'll always root for my Steelers and maintain my passion for football but it makes me sick to my stomach to watch the garbage rules you are implementing into the game. "

truesteelerfan
12-13-2011, 05:32 PM
copied and sent. Thank you.

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Goodell is a damned joke. I've never seen such a hypocritical person in my life. The enforcement of rules and doling out of punishments is so uneven it's unreal. Roethlisberger gets annihilated every week which is partly due to the way he plays but there are a lot of questionable hits where the ball is out of his hands and nothing gets called. Yet when Harrison hits someone a sea of flags covers the entirety of the field.

One can only imagine who this TOOL will pick on next after James is gone!!!

TRH
12-13-2011, 05:38 PM
also, remember...its not just Goodell. It's also the other few cronies who have surrounded him in the office with executive type positions. They're also making the calls (the wrong ones). So yes, its Goodell, but its not only him.

IowaSteeler927
12-13-2011, 06:20 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/zclary923/HarrisonFlagFootball.jpg

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 06:29 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/zclary923/HarrisonFlagFootball.jpg

Thats rite.....Defense doesnt wear a flag...My bad! :doh:

TXSteel
12-13-2011, 06:31 PM
I think fines for quarterbacks who put thier receivers in harms way. Its just as much their fault for alot of these so called illegal hits as it is the defenders who deliver them. It takes two to tango.

Pentheon
12-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Im not gonna do it...I cant afford to pay a fine :wink02:

Drizztbob
12-13-2011, 07:42 PM
MY VERSION:

Mr. Goodell,

If anyone should be suspended for one game or even the rest of the season it should be you for imposing such ridiculous rules on the game of football. You are single handedly ruining the sport that has set America apart for almost a century and truly turning it into the No Fun League. Not to mention making it impossible for defenders to do their job.

Let players PLAY. Harrison's hit was neither malicious nor intentional, and it's amazing you couldn't see that from the replays and multiple angles. Not only was Harrison dipping his helmet to lower his hit, he was also treating Mccoy like the running back he had become when running out of the pocket.

When will all of unnecessary fines and suspensions stop?

As I'm sure this mail will go unread and unheeded, my words are useless, but I felt I needed to send at least something. If enough people email or call you, maybe all of the nonsense can stop and we can go back to enjoying the sport I have watched, played, and loved for over 30 years.

A concerned fan,

Bob Watson

caplovestroyp43
12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Im not gonna do it...I cant afford to pay a fine :wink02:

I seen your Renegade video and all I have to say is OH TO BE THERE AND EXPERIENCE IT!!!! I just can't imagine what it would be like to be at Heinz Field with the Towels and the fanatics going insane with that song! Maybe someday I'll get to experience that first hand.

Breathtaking!!

:tt02::tt02:

Boomer
12-13-2011, 09:38 PM
One can only imagine who this TOOL will pick on next after James is gone!!!

I bet I know what colors that player will wear...:tt02: :mad:

ETL
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Roger,

Thanks for suspending that jacka$$ Harrison. That should cool him off a bit. Also, if we happen to face him in the playoffs, can you come up with something to suspend him again? Any hard hit (which is practically every play) can suffice I bet. If you do that, I'll do that special thing you like me to do ... you know ... :O

Love,

Tom Brady

PhantomJB93
12-13-2011, 09:55 PM
I am 99% sure he doesn't ACTUALLY look at that email, he definitely has another account for actual, important emails that fans can't find.

Pentheon
12-13-2011, 10:17 PM
I seen your Renegade video and all I have to say is OH TO BE THERE AND EXPERIENCE IT!!!! I just can't imagine what it would be like to be at Heinz Field with the Towels and the fanatics going insane with that song! Maybe someday I'll get to experience that first hand.

Breathtaking!!

:tt02::tt02:

Nothing beats it honestly, that was probably my favorite game I ever went too. To come back and win the way we did and have renegade play at the perfect time. Hopefully you get to experience it sometime :tt04:

tony hipchest
12-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Dear Mr. Goodell,

I would gladly walk across the street to piss on you if you were on fire.

Now free DeeBo.

Thanks. :monkey:

-TH