PDA

View Full Version : 49'ers - Do We Win?

RichardCullinanForever
12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
I know there are a bunch of threads regarding Ben, Harrison, the 49'ers game, etc, but simply put, do we win the ball game on Monday night? Yes or no, no explaining necessary (although I encourage it)

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 02:03 PM
yes i still feel confident about coming out with a win. SF is a good team but they just don't scare me.

Deserei90
12-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Reading the news: This is what stands. Ben & Pouncey Questionable. Troy Questionable with hamstring. Woodley(Maybe) James Harrison(Out) Suspension will likely not be appealed. It hurts to go without our key players. Especially, Traveling all the way to the west coast.:banging:

Sixburgher
12-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Reading the news: This is what stands. Ben & Pouncey Questionable. Troy Questionable with hamstring. Woodley(Maybe) James Harrison(Out) Suspension will likely not be appealed. It hurts to go without our key players. Especially, Traveling all the way to the west coast.:banging:

Be that as it may, I expect to see an extremely pissed off Steelers team take the field on Monday night. I have a feeling Tomlin will fully utilize the suspension to galvanize the team.

Whodis
12-13-2011, 02:22 PM
the line is off... I think they will be around +4 or +5

With no running game to fall back and Ben hobbled equals a very tough game for the steelers to come out on top.

On the other side I say the availability of Woodley is huge

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 02:27 PM
woodley coming back cancels out the harrison loss somewhat.

if ben is a go i feel good about the win. if not, then no. but doable. i don't think the team will be caught sleeping in this game.

Deserei90
12-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Be that as it may, I expect to see an extremely pissed off Steelers team take the field on Monday night. I have a feeling Tomlin will fully utilize the suspension to galvanize the team.I can agree to that!

Deserei90
12-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Be that as it may, I expect to see an extremely pissed off Steelers team take the field on Monday night. I have a feeling Tomlin will fully utilize the suspension to galvanize the team.I can agree to that

NEWstevo
12-13-2011, 03:17 PM
My Steelers will lose this game.

:(

JCPsteelers
12-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Steelers will win that game if they don't have a bunch of dumb penalties. SF offense is not explosive enough even without Harrison.

If Big Ben plays that line will be even.

cubanstogie
12-13-2011, 04:31 PM
If Ben plays Steelers win. 9 ers can't score TD's. Alex Smith is riding Frank Gores coat tails. Gore is number 1 priority, then maybe even Ted Ginn on returns. We stop the run and no big punt returns and a win is in the books. And if Kemo stays on the bench I like chances even more.

Pentheon
12-13-2011, 04:41 PM
No way we lose this game...I might be biased or whatever but I believe well win the rest of our games this season and take the division with baltimore losing sunday night to the chargers.

I just don't think the niners are that scary of a team regardless of their record

Whodis
12-13-2011, 06:52 PM
TURNOVERS

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 06:55 PM
No way we lose this game...I might be biased or whatever but I believe well win the rest of our games this season and take the division with baltimore losing sunday night to the chargers.

I just don't think the niners are that scary of a team regardless of their record

the chargers are getting hot. they might pull it off. i won't bank on it though, cause rivers is a dumbass

#1LambertFan
12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
All I need to say is Snack. By that I mean Hampton. Gore is Hamptons personal punching bag. Last time we played them he had something to the tune of 35 yards on 25 carries. 14 points is all we should need to win this one

Goldsteel86
12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Sorry but I feel the Steelers will win, it is too close to the playoffs, that is when the Steelers seem to play their best. I truly see Ben managing this game to a close win, I believe that the Steelers speed will catch the 49ers by surprise. Now on the defensive side, if Woodley plays with effectiveness, then the suspension of Harrison will not be such a big factor, no matter how much B.S. it is. What really scares me is the Steelers have to travel to the West coast to play on Monday night, then they have to travel back to the East coast to play on Saturday. That scares me, if the Browns were a 'catch' game the Rams may be a bigger "catch" game!

stiller39
12-13-2011, 07:07 PM
49 ers play in a weak division. Our D will dominate... everyone including Woodley should be healthy.
I think BB will play. He will be limited mobility but our quick passing game will be too much for Pat Willis and company. Tomlin will use Harrisons suspension as motivation... he is appealing this by the way and we aren't walking to the west coast... we fly and play a Monday nite game. Bring it on San Fran...

SoCalFan
12-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Im not sure the fact that coming out West (Im here!:tt03:) will be much an issue? They will have had 10 full days off being they played last Thursday. If our line can block, game over! Im feeling good about this one! :applaudit:

steelersfan77
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't see the steelers winning this game without one of James Harrison or Woodley. We know James isn't playing, we need Woodley. Half of the linebacker core out isn't going to get it done against the San Fran running game. You know they're going to run the football. Smith is not going to air it out a ton unless they get way behind. All that and it's not certain Ben and Pouncey are even going to play. It's going to be a long shot to win this one especially with the 49er's coming off a loss.

skip
12-13-2011, 09:10 PM
It's interesting to compare attitudes on this thread to a similar thread on a 49ers message board. Steelers fans seem to have a lot more confidence in their team. Here is a random yet typical selection of comments from some SF fans:

"OFFENCE THE TEAM HAS NO OFFENCE I COME TO EXPECT IT HAD TO KICK 4 FIELD GOALS COME ON REALLY REALLLLLLY THIS OFFENCE SUCKS AND EVERYONE HERE KNOWS IT ARE D and special teams is the only thing good on this team the hole offence sucks all of them we are going to get killed when we play the steelers if we play like this"

"and green bay or the saints will rape us come playoffs if we even now get the second seed if we lose to the steelers"

"everyone one on this offence sucks just sucks wheres the football OMFG cant see it 10-3 is great but now the steelers and the hawks at home we are in trouble of lossing the second seed cause now we are tied for it"

"Look at the Steelers and Giants offenses. They were FAAAAAAAAR better than ours. Far better. "

"If Harbaugh holds back the player that has given this team any glimmering hopes of winning for the past 6 years or so I am only left to assume that we loose to the Steelers. Our defense is going to bend against the Steelers. Its a given. If our offense keeps the ball on the ground and burns up the time long enough our defense will have enough time to rest instead of staying on the field all night after our offense goes 3 and out. If not, our defense will eventually break."

"I don't believe Alex can lead us to a win vs the Steelers!"

I take nothing for granted but I'm confident we can win this game.

btaylor179
12-13-2011, 09:11 PM
with charlie we lose......with ben we win......WE NEED TO WIN BECAUSE THE CHARGERS WILL BEAT THE RATBIRDS FOR US

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 09:38 PM
with charlie we lose......with ben we win......WE NEED TO WIN BECAUSE THE CHARGERS WILL BEAT THE RATBIRDS FOR US

The bengals might be the team to take then out in week 17. They likely will be playing for their playoff lives and will bring it. Who knows tho, the chargers are hot right now and the ravens have to travel cross country to play em. That's why they play the games.....

Pentheon
12-13-2011, 11:19 PM
the chargers are getting hot. they might pull it off. i won't bank on it though, cause rivers is a dumbass

They are getting hot, they always seem to do something at the end of a season that looks like it had no chance. Rivers is just having a bad year but I have a feeling hes gonna have a good game...Im countin on him :thumbsup:

StainlessStill
12-14-2011, 12:02 AM
How much would it suck if Baltimore loses and we lay an egg in San Francisco? I'm up and down on this one. One moment I believe we can handle the 9'ers and the next I think about our injuries/suspensions and it just seems like an up-hill battle going on the road to San Fran givin how beat up we are and how physical they are. This one, is going to be a nail-biter.

LayingTheWoodley56
12-14-2011, 02:21 PM
If Ben, Pouncey and Woodley play, we have a good chance of winning simply because our defense will be able to hold down their offense enough that our offense can outscore them.

If Woodley is out, it gets significantly tougher, especially if Polamalu is also out (he's listed as questionable) although to my knowledge that should not be an issue.

If Pouncey is out it hurts us significantly on the offensive line when we are already playing a staunch run defense.

If Ben is out, you have to think we lose playing against a 10-win team without the captain of our offense.

If all three play, I think we got them. Prediction: 20-13

Danny136200
12-14-2011, 03:16 PM
I know there are a bunch of threads regarding Ben, Harrison, the 49'ers game, etc, but simply put, do we win the ball game on Monday night? Yes or no, no explaining necessary (although I encourage it)

I still think this defense can shut down this offense, which is nothing really special (I thought it was, giving that Alex Smith is at the helm, but they are really no that much when facing a stiff defense). The steelers have the ability to stop the rush alot better than they were doing during the first month of the season, and their cornerbacks can shutdown the Niners recievers. the only player that worry me really on their offense is Frank Gore. Ill give credit to the Niners on how the design their runs, but I think the Steelers defense are up for the task.

The steelers offense is what worries me right now, whichc is pretty suprising to me as they have been playing very good lately( barring three games, they have scored at least 20 points since that week 4 lost to Houston, which for this Defense, is mostly all you need.) The offensive line maybe without its center for the first time this season, and maybe Kemo might start (bad idea if he does); and even if Ben plays (I think he does, no way he he misses a monday night game against this defense), he will be limited and cant be as mobile as he usually is. and for the running game, i am not expecting much from it; it has been streaky at best and Mendenhall has not been playing well so far this season, and the Steelers are also facing the number 1 rush Defense.

Overall, I expect this to be a very close, low scoring game. I do believe the Steelers defense will rise to the occasion in 4th like they have since the Ravens loss and make a play or two to seal the game.

13-6 steelers.

SoCalFan
12-14-2011, 03:37 PM
It's interesting to compare attitudes on this thread to a similar thread on a 49ers message board. Steelers fans seem to have a lot more confidence in their team. Here is a random yet typical selection of comments from some SF fans:

"OFFENCE THE TEAM HAS NO OFFENCE I COME TO EXPECT IT HAD TO KICK 4 FIELD GOALS COME ON REALLY REALLLLLLY THIS OFFENCE SUCKS AND EVERYONE HERE KNOWS IT ARE D and special teams is the only thing good on this team the hole offence sucks all of them we are going to get killed when we play the steelers if we play like this"

"and green bay or the saints will rape us come playoffs if we even now get the second seed if we lose to the steelers"

"everyone one on this offence sucks just sucks wheres the football OMFG cant see it 10-3 is great but now the steelers and the hawks at home we are in trouble of lossing the second seed cause now we are tied for it"

"Look at the Steelers and Giants offenses. They were FAAAAAAAAR better than ours. Far better. "

"If Harbaugh holds back the player that has given this team any glimmering hopes of winning for the past 6 years or so I am only left to assume that we loose to the Steelers. Our defense is going to bend against the Steelers. Its a given. If our offense keeps the ball on the ground and burns up the time long enough our defense will have enough time to rest instead of staying on the field all night after our offense goes 3 and out. If not, our defense will eventually break."

"I don't believe Alex can lead us to a win vs the Steelers!"

I take nothing for granted but I'm confident we can win this game.

Great info! Some smart guys over there!

Fire Arians
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
if we score a td on the opening drive, we will win the game. the 49ers are not a team that is built to play from behind. if they score on us first, it will be a nail biter.

BlaZeQuietly
12-14-2011, 06:17 PM
if we score a td on the opening drive, we will win the game. the 49ers are not a team that is built to play from behind. if they score on us first, it will be a nail biter.

That's a good point, the 49ers seem to score at a slow steady pace, if we jump ahead, than I feel good about our chances. Also it is true that the 49ers play in a weak division and have had a relatively easy schedule, with loses to the Ravens Cowboys and Cardinals, I think it's safe to say they are over rated and as long as we have the majority of our stars playing we will win in a low scoring game ... 13-10 or something.

PeRK82
12-14-2011, 09:57 PM
The bengals might be the team to take then out in week 17. They likely will be playing for their playoff lives and will bring it. Who knows tho, the chargers are hot right now and the ravens have to travel cross country to play em. That's why they play the games.....

Im not trying to start anything but you think the CHARGERS are hot right now because what they beat the JAGS and Buffalo. I dont think this game will even be close, Phillips is 2 in INTs. Nuff said, i expect Our Defense to score atleast once and expect atleast 2 ints from RIVERS.

RichardCullinanForever
12-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Im not trying to start anything but you think the CHARGERS are hot right now because what they beat the JAGS and Buffalo. I dont think this game will even be close, Phillips is 2 in INTs. Nuff said, i expect Our Defense to score atleast once and expect atleast 2 ints from RIVERS.

Jags have the fourth best defense in the league (which I am sure you are well aware of), and Buffalo is the 23rd ranked defense (nothing to write home about but also not as bad as the Pats). And you don't give the benefit of the doubt to the Chargers, no, they are not hot because they have won two games in a row, they are hot because they have outscored their opponents 75-24 in the last 2 games. They are playing at home, only a fool would expect it to 'not even be close.'