PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the National Faiy League

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 06:37 PM
In addition to "hitting somebody too hard", which draws a 15 yard penalty and automatic suspension, there are additional rules that must be followed, effective immediately.

New Rules:
- Looking at the Quarterback in an intimidating manner: This is unfair, and will result in a 5 yard penalty.

- Roughing the pretty boy QB: It is now illegal to get within the 3 ft 'personal bubble' of a quarterback who is at least a 7 on the 'hotness scale', which is determined by commissioner Adolf Goodell. Physical contact does not need to be initiated. If the defender is within 3 feet of the quarterback after a pass is thrown, it will result in a 15 yard penalty and automatic first down.

- Good TV ratings interference: If a pass longer than 30 yards is attempted, you may not jar the ball loose from the receiver, even if it is contact led by the shoulder. Big plays are good for NFL revenue, and we will not tolerate anyone trying to prevent this. Violation of this rule results in a first down at the spot of the foul and $15,000 fine.

- Offensive Pass Interference is now allowed: Because all the National Fairy League cares about is money in our pocket, we will also attempt to boost TV ratings and offensive output by making push-offs legal. Officials are also encouraged to call defensive pass interference on the defender who was pushed, just incase the receiver doesn't make the catch.

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 06:39 PM
"Roughing the Quarterback. #92, defense. Breathing near the Quarterback. 15 yard penalty, automatic, first down."

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 06:40 PM
U left out the no looking up the skirt rule:
Results in a 35 yard penalty......
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/lashawnx1/motivator5244450.jpg

TRH
12-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Well, its obvious, in addition to "fuzzy" rules...you can't hit someone too hard, too low, too high, in pockets, and on and on and on (oh yeah, and you get additional protection if you're named Rogers, Manning, or Brady).

As i said in another post just today.....we are heading to a point where, at least QB's, will be totally protected. They will not be allowed to be tackled or hit. There will be a "flag" or "touch" rule of some sort worked out. You watch. I believe its coming in our lifetime and we will live to see that.

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
oops i forgot the R but im sure everyone knows what i meant

tanda10506
At this rate there will be a qb bubble, or they will wear flags. I know it sounds like an exaggeration or joke but it's not. I was getting ready to get my Steelers tattoo next week, but now I may hold off. Not because of anything to do with the Steelers but because in a few years I might not even watch football or be interested in it.

TRH
In addition to "hitting somebody too hard", which draws a 15 yard penalty and automatic suspension, there are additional rules that must be followed, effective immediately.

New Rules:
- Looking at the Quarterback in an intimidating manner: This is unfair, and will result in a 5 yard penalty.

- Roughing the pretty boy QB: It is now illegal to get within the 3 ft 'personal bubble' of a quarterback who is at least a 7 on the 'hotness scale', which is determined by commissioner Adolf Goodell. Physical contact does not need to be initiated. If the defender is within 3 feet of the quarterback after a pass is thrown, it will result in a 15 yard penalty and automatic first down.

- Good TV ratings interference: If a pass longer than 30 yards is attempted, you may not jar the ball loose from the receiver, even if it is contact led by the shoulder. Big plays are good for NFL revenue, and we will not tolerate anyone trying to prevent this. Violation of this rule results in a first down at the spot of the foul and $15,000 fine.

- Offensive Pass Interference is now allowed: Because all the National Fairy League cares about is money in our pocket, we will also attempt to boost TV ratings and offensive output by making push-offs legal. Officials are also encouraged to call defensive pass interference on the defender who was pushed, just incase the receiver doesn't make the catch.

Oh and also...
Another new rule and this one isn't "pretend".
If you're a receiver...and you've been covered too good or almost touched....after the incomplete pass, start jumping up and down and pointing at the defender like crazy.
The flag will then be thrown. Because the spineless refs can't make a decision on their own anymore and are clearly puppets trying to kiss a** to the league office.

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 06:45 PM
INTIMIDATION WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w229/rwb1126/Steelers/JackLambert.jpg

If so, it will result in a forfeit......

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 06:48 PM
"Unsportsmanlike conduct, #92, defense. Pulling 2 flags at once. 15 yard penalty and half a distance to the goal. First down."

Whodis
12-13-2011, 06:49 PM
I just watched Tomlin's response.....

If he feels Harrison needs to change the way he plays the game, then why should we give a shit? A coach sticking up for his player would mean more then a bunch of e-mails to some one who doesn't give a rats ass.

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Any team conducting any form or organized Defense of the 70's shall not be tolerated

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr3/Jp-Hitman/SteelCurtainDefense.jpg

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 07:12 PM
"Crowd-like disturbance, fans. Too many Terrible Towel at the same time. Offense can't hear. 15 yard penalty, automatic, first down."

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 07:22 PM
"Crowd-like disturbance, fans. Too many Terrible Towel at the same time. Offense can't hear. 15 yard penalty, automatic, first down."

To many TT :tt05: waved in an opponents stadium results in automatic 99 yard penalty

Pentheon
12-13-2011, 07:27 PM
National Flag League?

IowaSteeler927
12-13-2011, 07:29 PM

New Rules:

I LOL'd so hard at this. Let's not forget the rule that says you shall not speak out against Adolf Goodell. Those who speak out against Adolf Goodell are automatically issued fines and blacklisted.

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 07:31 PM
National Flag League?

NFL=NO FUN LEAGUE

mizzouristeeler
12-13-2011, 07:35 PM
NFL=NO FUN LEAGUE

Nazi football league. Heil goodell

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 07:40 PM
NFL= Neverending Fine League.

Pentheon
12-13-2011, 07:41 PM
haha I guess they could all work

stb_steeler
12-13-2011, 07:49 PM
One more.......

NATIONAL FAKE LEAGUE:popcorn:

steelfury02
12-13-2011, 07:59 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/386320_304603649571632_100000659971747_968509_1938 569131_n.jpg

Steel Peon
12-13-2011, 08:02 PM
we are heading to a point where, at least QB's, will be totally protected. They will not be allowed to be tackled or hit. There will be a "flag" or "touch" rule of some sort worked out. You watch. I believe its coming in our lifetime and we will live to see that.
I wouldn't bet against it.......we're half-way there.

4xSBChamps
12-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I said this 53 weeksago, and it is worth repeating, in-light of Ms. Goodell's recent actions

by age 7, I was going to the old Black & Gold scrimmage at McKee Stadium in Jeannette, Pa., attending 2-3 days of camp per-week at St. Vincent's during my dad's summer vacation (back-then, we were lucky to get 100 people showing-up at camp), and getting a ride from our home in Greensburg whenever possible when he was working, or convincing one of the guys' mothers to take us

the League built it's reputation on being as physical game, played by hard men, and didn't shy away from publicity like 'The Violent World of Sam Huff':

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/YATittlelastgameatPittStadium.jpg

the classic picture of Chuck Bednarik standing over a fallen & unconscious Frank Gifford epitomized the game of the 1960's

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/ChuckBednarikstandsoverFrankGifford.jpg

as that decade wore-on, 30 minute pre-game shows on CBS (NFL) & NBC (AFL) glamorized the images of contact & hitting ~ long-before ESPN, a little-known entity called 'NFL Films' began making weekly 1/2-hour clips, highlighting the previous weeks action, further cementing the physicality of the game:
vicious hits were shown in slow-motion, mouth-pieces & chin-straps flying, further enticing viewers to watch the League

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/MikeCurtiscreamsRomanGabriel.jpg

soon, Dick Butkus was speaking about 'running-back losing their heads', signs were hung at stadiums reading 'KILL, BUBBA, KILL', and nick-names like 'the Purple People Eaters' and 'Fearsome Foursome' became known to many Americans enamored with professisonal football:
the NFL used this publicity to surpass baseball as 'America's Game' without batting an eye

as the 1970's dawned, the League, fresh from the AFL/NFL merger, consolidated it's power, and it's publicity continued to grow with teams featuring names like the 'Steel Curtain' and the 'Doomsday Defense', and players called 'the Assassin', and 'Dracula in Cleats', with no-qualms about it's violent nature:
indeed, the networks looked-forward to the annual Raider-Steeler blood-lettings in the playoffs, because they generated record ratings & revenue

in the late 1970's (as it had been for 40 years), the game was based-on running the football, and playing defense, yet despite having become 'America's game', the League & owners decided that if they could increase scoring, they could make the game even-more palatable to the viewing-public (evidence that the college-boy / scumbags couldn't, or wouldn't, enjoy a hard-fought 16-10 game):
what had been holding (i.e. - open-hand pas-blocking) became legal, defenders couldn't play bump-n-run pass-coverage, sneezing in the general direction of the QB became ver-boten, and while scoring escalated, the game became a shell of it's former self

Rozelle passed the torch to Tagliabue, who gave-way to Nancy-boy Goodell, leading to what we have today, an over-hyped, over-commercialized 'fantasy'-driven version of basketball-on-grass:
the game's history & records have become bastardized because of these rule-changes, and despite Rogita's claims he is concerned about players' safety, he intends to increase the schedule from 16 to 18 games

I last spoke with my dad the day of the San Diego 1st round playoff game in January 2009, trying to reconcile after 7+ years of silence between us, as he knew that his time was short:
during the game, he said he loved the Steelers because 'they are the only team that still plays smash-mouth football', but I had to correct him, stating 'by TODAY'S standards, they play smash-mouth football, but this is still pass-n-tab... the League doesn't WANT smash-mouth footbal to be played anymore!', so during the remainder of that game, we discussed how-much the game had changed in the previous 40+ years, and before we said our final goodbyes, he frowned & admitted 'you are correct, this isn't the game we began watching many years ago'

he hung-on to watch that Super Bowl victory against the Red-Robins, and passed-away the next day, content he'd seen his Steelers win another Championship, but I think he realized the game had changed, and not-necessarily for the better

today, we have players fined $75,000 for tackles that don't draw penalty flags, while players who tear-off opponents' helmets and throw punches, which has NOTHING to do with the game of football, get 1/3 of that fine:
which incident gave the NFL a black eye to the general public?

tell me again how Rogita is worried about the 'League's image'?????

I haven't 'given-up' on the Steelers, per-se... I've grown tired of the League, and the game they have turned it into

the only thing those ass-clowns in New York will understand is reduced revenues from declining sales and lower TV ratings

quit watching the inferior product they continue shoveling our way