PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin showed his true colors today

Curtain_of_Steel
12-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Since Harrison is appealing, was it really something smart to come out and say he hit Mccoy illegally and has to pay the price?

Granted, Harrisson shouldve shut up till the verdict came out and not said what he said yesterday.

Mcnabb was Jeff Luries bitch in Philly for years, hopefully Tomilin grows a pair of balls and doesnt become the leagues boy and rooneys bitch. He is well

Very dissappointed, as I always took him to be a players coach, not the office puppet.

Steelersfan87
12-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Oh christ, get over it. The hit WAS illegal by the very wording of the rules. That doesn't mean it makes any sense or isn't stupid, but by the rules, it was an illegal hit, and he DOES have to pay the price. Those are facts.

Whodis
12-13-2011, 07:28 PM
If your not going to stick up for him why not cut him. I think its pathetic!

Uncle Tom lin

Steelersfan87
12-13-2011, 07:32 PM
“We received word from the league office this morning that he will receive a one game suspension. We’ll accept that of course. We are disappointed, we are disappointed for James because we know quite frankly how hard he has worked to play within the rules. He has worked extremely hard to adjust his game. Unfortunately the incident happened. Of course it was a penalty. We have to be accountable for that; he has to be accountable for that. We accept the judgment rendered by the league office and we’ll move forward. Obviously the parameters are he can’t participate in any football activities with us this week. He will be allowed back in the building next Tuesday, the 20th."

Are you people seriously trying to portray what Tomlin said as not supporting his player, of throwing him under the bus? What is a coach supposed to say if he shoots somebody?

Whodis
12-13-2011, 07:40 PM
“We received word from the league office this morning that he will receive a one game suspension. We’ll accept that of course. We are disappointed, we are disappointed for James because we know quite frankly how hard he has worked to play within the rules. He has worked extremely hard to adjust his game. Unfortunately the incident happened. Of course it was a penalty. We have to be accountable for that; he has to be accountable for that. We accept the judgment rendered by the league office and we’ll move forward. Obviously the parameters are he can’t participate in any football activities with us this week. He will be allowed back in the building next Tuesday, the 20th."

Are you people seriously trying to portray what Tomlin said as not supporting his player, of throwing him under the bus? What is a coach supposed to say if he shoots somebody?

So Peter King and Herm Edwards are wrong? He feels its a penalty (the hit)?

Yes, I am surprised Tomlin sided with the brass... Not saying I'm right and your wrong. Just saying I'm disappointed. We just need to draft softer hitting linebackers next year

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 07:42 PM
There's nothing that our head coach can do. He already made his statements about hits with Ryan Clark and it's important for him on the surface to always say the right things within regards to the league or Fagdell will come a'knockin with another fine to not only the Steelers, but Rooney's as well. I'm sure Tomlin made his thoughts known behind closed doors.

This idiot Fagdell has 100% ruined the game of football.

fer522
12-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Tomlin is a hypocrite and a ***** he would have been better off not saying a damn thing

fer522
12-13-2011, 07:47 PM
P u s s y

Danny136200
12-13-2011, 07:55 PM
My mind is officially blown..... seriously, he has been protecting his players for a LONG time now. He pretty much has to be politically correct on this one to the public, no one knows what goes on behind the curtain.

Steelersfan87
12-13-2011, 08:12 PM
You people are ridiculous. The hit was, by the rulebook, illegal. There is no wiggle room in there for Tomlin to defend. He HAS to acknowledge that Harrion's hit was illegal. Tomlin is a hypocrite? That's just stupid. Anybody who continues to deny that the hit was illegal either can't read, can't see, or can't take what he reads and apply that to what he sees. Whether it's illegal and whether it's stupid are two different things, and you can't expect a head coach in the NFL to come out and say that the rulebook is stupid, because they have to play by it. Tomlin "defended" Harrison as much as he could, explaining that the hit was under unusual circumstances and that he had been working hard to change the way he plays and that he hadn't had a personal foul in over a year. What more is he supposed to say? Did you expect him to say that Harrison's hit wasn't illegal when it so blatantly and obviously was not?

theplatypus
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
You people are ridiculous. The hit was, by the rulebook, illegal. There is no wiggle room in there for Tomlin to defend. He HAS to acknowledge that Harrion's hit was illegal. Tomlin is a hypocrite? That's just stupid. Anybody who continues to deny that the hit was illegal either can't read, can't see, or can't take what he reads and apply that to what he sees. Whether it's illegal and whether it's stupid are two different things, and you can't expect a head coach in the NFL to come out and say that the rulebook is stupid, because they have to play by it. Tomlin "defended" Harrison as much as he could, explaining that the hit was under unusual circumstances and that he had been working hard to change the way he plays and that he hadn't had a personal foul in over a year. What more is he supposed to say? Did you expect him to say that Harrison's hit wasn't illegal when it so blatantly and obviously was not?

You're wasting your breath, too many people here love to play the victim.

Goldsteel86
12-13-2011, 08:36 PM
I think it is time for the "Good Old Ambassador to Ireland" to make an appearance and possibly "influence" people such as the likes of good ole Rog!!!!! Now if it were me and I had a phone line to the Commish, I would remind him, there is a rule that was named after me, "The Rooney Rule", I possess the most SB trophies in the NFL oh and I only answer to the President of the United States!!!!! From there I would explain that I would be calling the other "dinosaur" owners of the league and expressing my concerns, not only concerns with targeting my guy, but concerns with Rog's ability to lead the NFL with the league's best interests in mind, you never know what may bite the Commish in the ass!!!!

Fire Arians
12-13-2011, 08:37 PM
honestly what did you guys expect him to say? if the HC bitches about this, it just becomes more of a distraction and a locker room cancer. we need to get this behind us and look forward to playing the 49ers. if anything, use this as motivation to pump the team up. moping about it will do the opposite. tomlin is doing the right thing.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2011, 08:40 PM
If your not going to stick up for him why not cut him. I think its pathetic!

Uncle Tom lin

WTF?

Nice turn of the phrase - always good to see the race card played

In a better world i would get to see you say that to Mike Tomlin's face and watch the reaction

Deserei90
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
honestly what did you guys expect him to say? if the HC bitches about this, it just becomes more of a distraction and a locker room cancer. we need to get this behind us and look forward to playing the 49ers. if anything, use this as motivation to pump the team up. moping about it will do the opposite. tomlin is doing the right thing.This. People just don't seem to understand Tomlin. Obviously, behind close doors Tomlin feels what we all feel.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2011, 08:45 PM
P u s s y

More brave words - what was Tomlin supposed to do - challenge Goodell to a duel?

Ed.B. of the P-G sums it up

anybody else soundly disappointed by Tomlin's canned response?

Ed Bouchette: The man was hauled into the commissioner's office a few weeks ago when he backed Ryan Clark. He doesn't want that again.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/chats/ed-bouchettes-chat/113853-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-121311

So if Tomlin and you were in prison Tomlin would be your b**ch? Somehow i doubt it

Sixburgher
12-13-2011, 08:56 PM
honestly what did you guys expect him to say? if the HC bitches about this, it just becomes more of a distraction and a locker room cancer.

Not to mention risking a hefty fine himself (especially with this power tripping megalomaniac of a commissioner), and in the end absolutely nothing changes anyway.

fer522
12-13-2011, 09:31 PM
More brave words - what was Tomlin supposed to do - challenge Goodell to a duel?

Ed.B. of the P-G sums it up

anybody else soundly disappointed by Tomlin's canned response?

Ed Bouchette: The man was hauled into the commissioner's office a few weeks ago when he backed Ryan Clark. He doesn't want that again.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/chats/ed-bouchettes-chat/113853-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-121311

So if Tomlin and you were in prison Tomlin would be your b**ch? Somehow i doubt it

just shut up and don't throw YOUR player under the bus
WE ALL KNOW that was an illegal hit WE ALL KNEW or at least I KNEW that he was gonna be suspended but you as the coach should not say shit like that to the media do it behind close door.
that's all i'm saying

theplatypus
12-13-2011, 09:41 PM
good lord

Boomer
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Coach T was stuck between a rock and a hard place on this. Just wish he'd answered with a "no comment".

OX1947
12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Did he say "make no bones about it" in the interview?

Steelersfan87
12-13-2011, 10:11 PM
just shut up and don't throw YOUR player under the bus
WE ALL KNOW that was an illegal hit WE ALL KNEW or at least I KNEW that he was gonna be suspended but you as the coach should not say shit like that to the media do it behind close door.
that's all i'm saying

No, actually that is EXACTLY what a coach should say to the media. What really matters to the team is what he says behind closed doors. I'm sure the only problem Tomlin had with what Harrison did is that it got him a suspension. He knows the scenario behind that hit and he knows Harrison doesn't want to hit people in the head.

bornaSteelersfan
12-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Relax, my fellow Steelers fans. Tomlin in no way admitted anything except it was a penalty. A flag was thrown, the yards were marked off, and it was in fact a penalty. He never agreed with anything but that they will accept the judgement and move on. If Tomlin wants to move on, we should, too.

casteeler
12-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Seems a bit odd that Tomlin decided to comment on this issue, if you listen to alot of commentators they are on both sides even Dungy said that Harrison was aiming for the breast plate of McCoy. In the words of Tammy Wynette " Stand by your man" C'mon Tomlin your not gonna score any point with the Nfl by agreeing

ETL
12-13-2011, 11:07 PM
If Terrell Suggs hit Ben Roethlisberger like that - I would want it to be called a penalty.

Yep. That is my honest feeling so IN ORDER TO AVOID BEING A HYPOCRITE, I would agree with Tomlin and say that what Harrison did is a penalty.

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Thread fail... on so many levels.

tony hipchest
12-14-2011, 12:32 AM
T-3Iq3XQkAw

desertsteel
12-14-2011, 01:02 AM
hopefully Tomilin grows a pair of balls and doesnt become the leagues boy and rooneys bitch. He is well

LMAO... Tomlin has balls 100x bigger than yours.

Sean95m
12-14-2011, 01:10 AM
http://burgh.us/avb check this out. The NFL is profiting from this! And I call bullshit!

LayingTheWoodley56
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
What a stupid thread. Tomlin has always had his players backs. He has no choice but to give the right answer in front of the TV cameras. As we all know, in his interviews he always plays it close to the vest and keeps the focus on the team as a whole, not on one individual player, injury, in this case suspension, or even on a particular side of the ball. His answers to nearly every question can be boiled down to this: "We're going to keep working hard and winning football games." For anyone to sit here and say that he agrees with this suspension (I am sure he does not) or as one headline has said "Tomlin Backs Suspension" is boneheaded, plain and simple. As other people on this thread have said, I am sure behind closed doors Mike has made his real views on this very clear. How anyone can criticize Tomlin is beyond me, he is an excellent coach, a great leader and his results over four seasons going on five bears it out. Here's to a 4th divsion title, a third AFC championship and a second Super Bowl title under this man. He is a true BOSS.

DanRooney
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Tomlin didn't want to get in trouble from the league office. Tomlin and Rooney spoke out before defending Harrison's hits. It didn't really matter in the long run.

steelax04
12-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I hear there are a few coaches available...

#1LambertFan
12-14-2011, 07:05 PM

Moron. No wiggle room? All you need to see is Harrison aimed for the chest on a player that left his feet to make a last second pass. His head just so happened to be where his chest was at the time of impact. That's like someone t-boning a car that ran a redlight. The person who had green should not be held liable for idiocy from others

Sixburgher
12-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Tomlin didn't want to get in trouble from the league office.

Exactly. He already got called on the carpet several weeks ago by Der Fuhrer for defending Clark .

steelersfan77
12-14-2011, 07:13 PM
McCoy had tucked the ball. The wuss saw Harrison at the last minute and put Harrison in a tough situation. Plain and simple. Oh wait, I'm a running back, no wait I'm a quarterback, BAM. Who am I? Am I a quarterback? Not sure because I don't know how to read defenses to begin with and I'm not getting any better. Where am I?Am I in Pittsburgh? Is it Thursday? BAM! Suspension. Who knew.

steelerchad
12-14-2011, 08:24 PM
This one was a tough play for Harrison. By league rules, it's a penalty and I fully expected to see the flag, fine, and 1 game suspension. McCoy had eluded the rush and was outside the pocket, ball tucked heading toward the line of scrimmage. At the last second he pulls up and lobs a pass as Harrison is bearing down. Split second decision, and Harrison destroyed him. Helmet to Helmet? Yes. He could have avoided it but not without taking out some of the aggression he plays with. Sad part is, I think the result has a lot to do with the harshness from the league. If McCoy pops right up and into the huddle for the next play, I don't thik there is a fine or suspension.

Steelersfan87
12-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Moron. No wiggle room? All you need to see is Harrison aimed for the chest on a player that left his feet to make a last second pass. His head just so happened to be where his chest was at the time of impact. That's like someone t-boning a car that ran a redlight. The person who had green should not be held liable for idiocy from others

If you were observant at all, you would know that it's irrelevant where a defender is AIMING when targeting a defenseless player, it's where he CONTACTS. In this instance, it was the guy's god damn face. There is no wiggle room. It was an illegal hit by the letter of the law, and anybody arguing otherwise is just waiting their breath in favor of denial.

ricardisimo
12-15-2011, 05:30 AM
More from Bouchette:

On the Steelers: Tomlin muzzles players' response
But some question fairness to Harrison
Thursday, December 15, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The latest and heaviest punishment the NFL dropped on the Steelers provoked neither the emotion nor outrage that burst from their locker room a year ago after hefty fines were delivered.

James Harrison's one-game suspension brought more resignation than anger from his teammates, partly because coach Mike Tomlin told his players Monday to cool it when talking to the media about the topic.

In the meantime, the NFL's Ted Cottrell heard the appeal Wednesday by Harrison and his agent Bill Parise. His ruling will be made this week. Cottrell is a former coach hired to hear appeals by the league and the NFL Players Association.

Safety Troy Polamalu said his coach told the players "just to say no comment."

Polamalu's comment?

"No comment."

Many Steelers players disagreed with Harrison's punishment, and some acknowledged it might have a chilling effect on the way they play defense. Others thought it unfair that Harrison was suspended for trying to make a tackle while Oakland defensive lineman Richard Seymour was only fined $30,000 for punching Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito earlier this month, even though it was the second time he had punched another player in two seasons. Seymour punched Ben Roethlisberger last year and was fined $25,000. He was ejected on both occasions.

So repeating a mistake trying to make a tackle cost a suspension while a repeat in throwing a premeditated punch after a play -- which would get a player arrested if he had done it on the street -- drew a fine of only $5,000 more than the first time?

"Man, they're tripping," cornerback Ike Taylor said of the NFL. "I don't know what it is. [Harrison's] getting it handed to him in the NFL way ... He didn't stomp on nobody, he didn't punch nobody's private area."

While Polamalu would not talk about Harrison's situation, he offered an opinion on how it would be difficult for defenders to change how they play the game.

"I don't think any football player is going to go out there and change the way they're playing. I think it's too late in our lives to really do that. Of course, we're professional athletes and we try our best to adjust, but it's tough."

Safety Ryan Clark, the Steelers' player representative to the union, was fined $40,000 for what the league determined to be a helmet-helmet hit Nov. 6 to Baltimore tight end Ed Dickson. Tomlin defended Clark on that one, but, if he hits another player in a similar fashion, he could be the next one to serve a suspension.

"We all are I guess, now," Clark said about being one hit away from a suspension. "The way the appeals process is, the way the suspensions and fines processes go, I guess we all are. There are no set rules, no clarification on what will get you suspended or what will get you fined a certain amount. It's really all let up to judgment.

"We have to continue to try to play within the rules, try to do the right things because it's a battle we really can't win. The NFL is going make the decision on who plays and who doesn't and, for us, we have to try to find a way to play within the rules and still be able to maintain a physical presence out there."

Sometimes, though, the appeals process works. It worked for linebacker James Farrior earlier this year when he and his agent Ralph Cindrich appealed a $15,000 fine he received for hitting Indianapolis Colts quarterback Kerry Collins Sept. 25 helmet-to-facemask. The fine was reduced to $5,000.

"When you get kicked out of a game or get suspended, that's hurting the team," said Farrior, who thought Harrison's suspension might cause defenders to play differently. "We have to think about doing whatever we need to do to not hurt the team."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11349/1196963-66.stm#ixzz1gb6xSNQm

Farrior's soliloquy at the end is odd, given that he hit McCoy out of bounds in the same game.

Opt2loc
12-15-2011, 07:59 AM

You would make a horrible lawyer.

Keep flippin' burgers.:rofl:

Whodis
12-15-2011, 08:03 AM
I can't see how Farriors comments are helping the "team". Your comments about the hit out of bounds is a great point. I wish Farrior would help the "team" by covering a TE in his area.

Kanata-Steeler
12-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Harrison, plays with such intensity, just look at our last 2 SuperBowls !!!, he was/is a valuable machine.
If McKoy wants to lay himself out like some little wide-open Rag-Doll, then sure "camera's" don't lie, but the way they (the NFL) constantly presents that hit in all of it's slow-mo angular victimizing details , then sure it's illegal, according to the exact tone of the rules ( aka, "...just put a pink dress on ALL QB's...").
Goodell would probably like that, it would save him trips to the ymca boy's clubs. -heck I dunno? :)
While were at it, lets put "Air Bags" inside ALL QB's Helmets',... ?

You don't think the animal Defenders don't get trained by the very coaches that SHOULD stand behind them too ?
Maybe Coaches too, should start getting suspended for a game ,,,, where does it end ?
:)
I still stand by Harrison, through the good and the obvious bad times, that's why I am a Steeler fan.

Yehoodi
12-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Since Harrison is appealing, was it really something smart to come out and say he hit Mccoy illegally and has to pay the price?

Granted, Harrisson shouldve shut up till the verdict came out and not said what he said yesterday.

Mcnabb was Jeff Luries bitch in Philly for years, hopefully Tomilin grows a pair of balls and doesnt become the leagues boy and rooneys bitch. He is well

Very dissappointed, as I always took him to be a players coach, not the office puppet.

The reason why coach said what he said because it was . . . well . . . true . . . :wave:

At some point in time you just have to come out and admit this point . . . if i remember correctly after the Clark hit in the Baltimore game, which was not very henious but not the less illegal, didn't coach come out and say that he showed the hit as a text book hit? that is kind of a slap in the face to the league . . . and I don't care what the rules were in 1981 . . . this is 2011 . . . when some one spears another player while the later is on the ground not many complain "thats the way we played football back in 1956" :wink02: If the call is near the edge of illegality then perhaps you can back your players, but it is a clear illegal hit, then one will look foolish trying the play the company line and back his players . . .

it is one thing for a player to defy the league and constanting claim that what he does is legal and will continue to do so, but when two parts of the team (player and coach) come out and say it is doubly bad . . .

it lessen the blow of the team on the league and frankly brings credibility to the coach if he sits back and says what is correct . . . i am glad that coach stood up for what is correct as opposed to following the company (team) line . . .

my two cents . . .

Kanata-Steeler
12-15-2011, 09:48 AM
The reason why coach said what he said because it was . . . well . . . true . . . :wave:

At some point in time you just have to come out and admit this point . . . if i remember correctly after the Clark hit in the Baltimore game, which was not very henious but not the less illegal, didn't coach come out and say that he showed the hit as a text book hit? that is kind of a slap in the face to the league . . . and I don't care what the rules were in 1981 . . . this is 2011 . . . when some one spears another player while the later is on the ground not many complain "thats the way we played football back in 1956" :wink02: If the call is near the edge of illegality then perhaps you can back your players, but it is a clear illegal hit, then one will look foolish trying the play the company line and back his players . . .

it is one thing for a player to defy the league and constanting claim that what he does is legal and will continue to do so, but when two parts of the team (player and coach) come out and say it is doubly bad . . .

it lessen the blow of the team on the league and frankly brings credibility to the coach if he sits back and says what is correct . . . i am glad that coach stood up for what is correct as opposed to following the company (team) line . . .

my two cents . . .

...Welcome to the HEAD COACH of the Steelers, Mr Mike Tomlin.
You have inherited a "Fan"tastic team Sir, and you walk in the boots of the likes of Chuck Noll, and Bill Cowher Sir.
So STAND BEHIND YOUR TEAM -screw the weather.
The Steelers is NOT a company, btw, it's a NATION, actually forget that too, it's WORLDWIDE now, get it Homer ?!
:tt04:

sharkweek
12-15-2011, 10:25 AM
LMAO... Tomlin has balls 100x bigger than yours.

100 x 0 = 0

Kanata-Steeler
12-15-2011, 10:29 AM
100 x 0 = 0

Time will tell very soon now, but aren't you quoting your Fins' lack of Wins' lately ?
:tt04:

Bayz101
12-15-2011, 12:18 PM
I think everyone who thinks Tomlin should be fired over this, needs to re-think their choice of team. It's stupid to think that he should be fired because he didn't stick up for James. As someone said earlier, if Ben was hit like that by Suggs, i'd want a suspension too.

It's not Tomlin's job to play GM, he's a coach. And as a a coach, he's doing the right thing by concentrating on Monday Night's game.

Opt2loc
12-15-2011, 01:53 PM
I think everyone who thinks Tomlin should be fired over this, needs to re-think their choice of team. It's stupid to think that he should be fired because he didn't stick up for James. As someone said earlier, if Ben was hit like that by Suggs, i'd want a suspension too.

It's not Tomlin's job to play GM, he's a coach. And as a a coach, he's doing the right thing by concentrating on Monday Night's game.

Fire Tomlin over this? That is ridiculous. He shouldn't even have been put in a position to defend Harrison. I can see defending him if it was like some of the calls that golden boy Brady gets. His hit on McCoy was illegal and because of his rep that he earned and because of his mouth that he can't shut, he got suspended. Tomlin made the right call in how he handled the media. You guys have one of the best coaches in the league. Don't throw him under the bus. He dosen't deserve it at all.
Tell Harrison to follow the rules and shut up.

ricardisimo
12-15-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm kind of stunned at how many people think James should have "just shut his damned mouth" or whatever. This is the US of A, last I checked. You're allowed to say how you feel about whoever and whatever... especially when it's true. And it is true that Goodell is a prick and a tyrant who doesn't merit anyone's respect.

SteelCityMom
12-15-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm kind of stunned at how many people think James should have "just shut his damned mouth" or whatever. This is the US of A, last I checked. You're allowed to say how you feel about whoever and whatever... especially when it's true. And it is true that Goodell is a prick and a tyrant who doesn't merit anyone's respect.

Well, of course that is true and all, and the fact that James isn't sitting in a federal prison for something he said means he still has the right to say whatever he wants about pretty much anything or anyone.

But no matter how awful your employer is, or how little respect he/she merits, you can't expect to just say whatever you want about them with no consequences at all. I'm not saying James is wrong in what he said, but those are the kinds of things you go off on your boss about right before you quit or right after you get fired.

I honestly think his mouth caused more problems (for the team) than it was worth, and I have no doubt that it factored into the suspension. He could have at least waited until after the season was over to spout off, IMO.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-16-2011, 11:45 AM
A side from Tomlin who should've shut his mouth and just toe'ed the no comment line till it ran its course. James should've waited, if anything, he could've listed, hey he was a runner etc. But the added explanations and opinions should not have come out.

Back to Tomlin, I see he continues to flap his gums, now we can go over to Ben and him playing or not.

Who said Fire Mike? lol Rooneys won't fire him ove rthis, Rooneys are a hardline Goodel backer, they won't back their players. If anything they will work th eplyaer to the cliff and nudge him over it before giving and full feldge backing.
Personally I could not care less who the coach is, the players are who I root for. Tomlin can clean the bathrooms for all I care and make 5million. This team goes as Ben goes and the Def goes. That all there is to it. Either one can carry us, not Tomlin.

Just Shut Up Mike, your starting to look really stupid with your on again off agaoin comments.

theplatypus
12-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Some people should really heed their own advice.

Steelersfan87
12-16-2011, 12:43 PM
A side from Tomlin who should've shut his mouth and just toe'ed the no comment line till it ran its course. James should've waited, if anything, he could've listed, hey he was a runner etc. But the added explanations and opinions should not have come out.

Back to Tomlin, I see he continues to flap his gums, now we can go over to Ben and him playing or not.

Who said Fire Mike? lol Rooneys won't fire him ove rthis, Rooneys are a hardline Goodel backer, they won't back their players. If anything they will work th eplyaer to the cliff and nudge him over it before giving and full feldge backing.
Personally I could not care less who the coach is, the players are who I root for. Tomlin can clean the bathrooms for all I care and make 5million. This team goes as Ben goes and the Def goes. That all there is to it. Either one can carry us, not Tomlin.

Just Shut Up Mike, your starting to look really stupid with your on again off agaoin comments.

I apologize to the general populace of the forum beforehand for the language, but...you are a ****ing idiot.

Bayz101
12-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Fire Tomlin over this? That is ridiculous. He shouldn't even have been put in a position to defend Harrison. I can see defending him if it was like some of the calls that golden boy Brady gets. His hit on McCoy was illegal and because of his rep that he earned and because of his mouth that he can't shut, he got suspended. Tomlin made the right call in how he handled the media. You guys have one of the best coaches in the league. Don't throw him under the bus. He dosen't deserve it at all.
Tell Harrison to follow the rules and shut up.

Please re-read my post in it's entirety, you misunderstood me.

rich4eagle
12-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh christ, get over it. The hit WAS illegal by the very wording of the rules. That doesn't mean it makes any sense or isn't stupid, but by the rules, it was an illegal hit, and he DOES have to pay the price. Those are facts.

no iT WAS noT an illegal hit it was a stuff happens hit against am RB, and if the NFL wants to ruin itself they are doing wonderful:tt::tt03::tt02::tt04:

Opt2loc
12-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Please re-read my post in it's entirety, you misunderstood me.

I understand you think my post was directed at you but I am actually with you and agree with everything you said. I was just piling on. I can see why you thought that.
My bad :hatsoff:

Steelersfan87
12-16-2011, 04:00 PM
no iT WAS noT an illegal hit it was a stuff happens hit against am RB, and if the NFL wants to ruin itself they are doing wonderful:tt::tt03::tt02::tt04:

He hit a quarterback after he threw the ball, in the face, with his face. That is illegal. The circumstances surrounding the hit may be ambiguous, but unfortunately for Harrison, the league doesn't care about that and expects defenders to be able to adjust in like, a tenth of a second. But there is no dispute whatsoever that by the standards of the league rules, the hit was illegal.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-16-2011, 04:02 PM
I need not follow my own advice. Why would I listen to me?lol. What I say doesn't effect the Steelers one bit. This is a message board, a sounding board a discussion board from dumb things to intelligent things
Everything posted here doesn't have to be agreed on by everyone or commented on. But this was a good topic, and apparently Tomlins mouth and flip flopping on things keeps adding to it.

Tomlins mouth does effect things and can sway opinions. He should've waited out the process. Than he could've sounded very intelligent and came out with a simple statment. Instead he choose not to back his players in this regard.

Somewhat intelligent, after the fact statement:
"The league deemed James's hit to be illegal, the appeal process played out and we need to abide by the ruling. Its unfortunate. James needs to blah blah blah."

BUT NOOOOOOO he needed to come before and state the hit was illegal and basically he did the crime now has to do the time. That was BS and we all know it. I'm sure that played well with the abitrator. I would love

If he had balls, he could've said this:

"Well we have been fined again, for no apparent reason other than we are the Steelers the hardest hitting mofo's in the NFL. We can live with that, we have to live with that, next up Alex Smith"

James really needs to make a statment in one of the last 2 games. Come in past the line balls out to the QB and stop at the QB and finger tap him or come in, and grab the QB towel. Than raise his hands like the QB is supposed to stop when I pull the towel out.

Now that would be some funny poop!

rgj
12-17-2011, 04:50 PM
good lord

Yes, my son?:coffee:

Bayz101
12-17-2011, 08:06 PM
I understand you think my post was directed at you but I am actually with you and agree with everything you said. I was just piling on. I can see why you thought that.
My bad :hatsoff:

I misunderstood thinking you misunderstood me misunderstanding.

It's all good :chuckle: