PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Seeding Predictions

ravens4life
12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
I have a pretty good feeling the Ravens will win out and so will the Steelers so without further ado...

1. Ravens 13-3
2. New England 13-3
3. Houston 12-4
4. Denver 11-5
5. Pittsburgh 13-3
6.New York 11-5

Pretty good field this year, record-wise at least.

I know I'm a Ravens fan so I might be a little biased, but what does everybody else think.

rocckbottomxmen
12-13-2011, 10:04 PM
First of all Ravens fan or not. if Ne and bmore win out as you say then Ne will get the 1 seed

Nevermore
12-13-2011, 10:06 PM
First of all Ravens fan or not. if Ne and bmore win out as you say then Ne will get the 1 seed

Tiebreak goes to Baltimore. Ravens will get #1

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
I have a pretty good feeling the Ravens will win out and so will the Steelers so without further ado...

1. Ravens 13-3
2. New England 13-3
3. Houston 12-4
4. Denver 11-5
5. Pittsburgh 13-3
6.New York 11-5

Pretty good field this year, record-wise at least.

I know I'm a Ravens fan so I might be a little biased, but what does everybody else think.

Impossible. You have the Patriots winning out at 13-3 (who is now 10-3) and the Broncos winning out at 11-5 (who is now 8-5.) Problem is, the Patriots/Broncos will lose one within each other because they play each other this Sunday so one of them will drop, which will it be?

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 10:49 PM
I have a 5 way tie for the 6th Wild Card spot finishing 9-7 and I don't feel like going through the scenario's to dig into it at the moment. Here's what I came up with and gave some teams the benefit of the doubt.

1. New England Patriots (13-3)

2. Baltimore Ravens (12-4)
-------------------------------------------------------------
3. Houston Texans (12-4)

4. Oakland Raiders (9-7); Denver Broncos (9-7)
-------------------------------------------------------------
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

6. A. Oakland Raiders (9-7)
B. Denver Broncos (9-7)
C. Tennessee Titans (9-7)
D. Cincinnati Bengals (9-7)
E. N.Y Jets (9-7)

PhantomJB93
12-13-2011, 10:50 PM
I have a feeling Baltimore's gonna lose to San Diego. They may not have an impressive overall record but they always get hot in December, and have exploded the last couple of weeks. Houston's also bound to lose a game or too considering they are without Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Mario Williams.

1. Steelers (13-3)
2. Patriots (13-3)
3. Texans (12-4)
4. Broncos (10-6)
5. Ravens (12-4)
6. Bengals (10-6)

I also think the Broncos might actually beat Baltimore in the playoffs, taking into account the Ravens will be looking ahead to a possible matchup against us and the fact that Tebow can't lose.

StainlessStill
12-13-2011, 11:00 PM
I have a feeling Baltimore's gonna lose to San Diego. They may not have an impressive overall record but they always get hot in December, and have exploded the last couple of weeks. Houston's also bound to lose a game or too considering they are without Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Mario Williams.

1. Steelers (13-3)
2. Patriots (13-3)
3. Texans (12-4)
4. Broncos (10-6)
5. Ravens (12-4)
6. Bengals (10-6)

I also think the Broncos might actually beat Baltimore in the playoffs, taking into account the Ravens will be looking ahead to a possible matchup against us and the fact that Tebow can't lose.

Sorry, IMHO, no way the Broncos make it out of round 1. I just don't see it happening. I believe the Broncos will fall to anyone (Us or Baltimore.) For Baltimore & that awesome defense, no way Timmy can score more than 6 points and the Ravens will beat that team much like they did to the Chiefs last season in the divisional round. Us? Same thing. I don't see Troy, Harrison, Woodley or guys like Hampton and Ziggy losing to Tebow's inept offense when the defense isn't bailing them out.

steelfury02
12-14-2011, 06:46 AM
we really needed another thread for seeding predictions? - a subject that is interwoven into almost every other thread - thanks for your thoughts Rat fan, but you need to tune up your predictions if your trying to instigate

you do realize the Pats and Broncos are playing each other this week? not sure how you came up with that scenario? Tell Ray Ray to take his toe out of your mouth

BleedPurple
12-14-2011, 08:28 AM

False http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/37864/ravens-will-clinch-top-seed-by-winning-out

steelfury02
12-14-2011, 09:20 AM
thank you for starting a thread to restate the obvious

so you win out - you've still got 3 games after that to win the trophy. think you have what it takes to beat New Orleans/Green Bay? Got the man to man with pressure defense all ready to go?

I think not

In addition, I will say that after this I'm done responding to Ravens threads, comments in general.

The difference between Ravens and Steelers is that you've already celebrated a division and a playoff seed while we expect a Lombardi every year. You've got a long ways to go Ravens fans
Peace, I'm done with you

Rotorhead
12-14-2011, 09:30 AM
My take is the Broncos beat NE, Ravens and Houston lose one each:
Steelers
NE
Houston
Broncos
Ravens
Who knows for this spot, far too many possibilities, but both SD and Cincy are playing for a playoff birth so one of those will be a loss for Balty.

Rick5895
12-14-2011, 10:00 AM
My take is the Broncos beat NE, Ravens and Houston lose one each:
Steelers
NE
Houston
Broncos
Ravens
Who knows for this spot, far too many possibilities, but both SD and Cincy are playing for a playoff birth so one of those will be a loss for Balty.

I can see B'more losing to S.D. I can also see Broncos defeating the Cheats, but houston has the Panthers at home, Colts in Indy and Titans at home. I can't see them losing to either of those teams. .
There fore my seeding would be
Hou
Pitt
NE
Den
Rats
Jets

steelfury02
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
so, a rematch w/the Ravens at Heinz with a trip to the SB on the line eh?

I LOVE IT

MasterOfPuppets
12-14-2011, 10:59 AM
how frickin sweet would it be to have the steelers win out , the ratbirds win their next 2 , be up on the bungholes by 21 points going into the 4th quarter , only to have opie dalton lead a bunghole comeback and throw a game winning TD on the last play of the game ...they then come to pittsburgh , the first play of the game mendenhall up the middle, lowers his head into ray ray's shoulder and breaks .lewises shoulder .. the steelers go on to win it 42 - 0 .:chuckle:

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 11:05 AM
I can see B'more losing to S.D. I can also see Broncos defeating the Cheats, but houston has the Panthers at home, Colts in Indy and Titans at home. I can't see them losing to either of those teams. .
There fore my seeding would be
Hou
Pitt
NE
Den
Rats
Jets
Houston will not be the #1 seed. That will either be the Steelers or the Patriots. If we win out it's us. Ravens could lose two of the next three. Yates is a nice story, but it ain't gonna happen.

steelfury02
12-14-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm leaning 75/25 the Ravens drop 1. I'm not worried about getting bye at this point - even if we can play the first game at home that would things a little easier anyways.

I actually see the Texans winning out due to running game, defense and hardly turning it over (although I'm not 100% sure on the last part lol)

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm leaning 75/25 the Ravens drop 1. I'm not worried about getting bye at this point - even if we can play the first game at home that would things a little easier anyways.

I actually see the Texans winning out due to running game, defense and hardly turning it over (although I'm not 100% sure on the last part lol)
Texans just lost their defensive coordinator (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8250a525/article/texans-phillips-to-take-medical-leave-of-absence-dc-will-return) for at least a few games. They will drop one or two.

pete74
12-14-2011, 02:40 PM
As long as we can beat the 49'erslittle that bye week is ours. Baltimore will lose to either the Chargers or Bengals

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM
As long as we can beat the 49'erslittle that bye week is ours. Baltimore will lose to either the Chargers or Bengals
Or both.

Fire Arians
12-14-2011, 03:18 PM
i have a feeling all the 10-3 teams are going to run the table, we get the #5 seed. Of course as a steelers fan, I HOPE that NE, Texans, and Ravens lose 1 or more, but I don't see it happening. Chargers will put up a fight but anytime I root for Phillip Rivers, he shits the bed.

I'm not sold on Tebow, the patriots will make the broncos look stupid. Texans are a good enough all around team to beat the rest of their schedule, just hand it off to Arian Foster. Ravens best chance to lose is this weekend, but as I said above, I don't see it happening.

How well we play SF will determine the outcome of this season. It's late in the year so if we are going to win on the road, we have to prove we can do it NOW. Most likely we are going to have to win on the road to reach the super bowl. Won't bother me if we can put on a dominant showing vs the 49ers

Rick5895
12-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Houston will not be the #1 seed. That will either be the Steelers or the Patriots. If we win out it's us. Ravens could lose two of the next three. Yates is a nice story, but it ain't gonna happen.

I made my prediction before I knew Houstons DC was taking a leave. Still, I can't really see them losing. The only team that could beat them is Tenn. It may bow happen, I see us winning out so in that respect I agree. We would be #1.

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
i have a feeling all the 10-3 teams are going to run the table, we get the #5 seed. Of course as a steelers fan, I HOPE that NE, Texans, and Ravens lose 1 or more, but I don't see it happening. Chargers will put up a fight but anytime I root for Phillip Rivers, he shits the bed.

I'm not sold on Tebow, the patriots will make the broncos look stupid. Texans are a good enough all around team to beat the rest of their schedule, just hand it off to Arian Foster. Ravens best chance to lose is this weekend, but as I said above, I don't see it happening.

How well we play SF will determine the outcome of this season. It's late in the year so if we are going to win on the road, we have to prove we can do it NOW. Most likely we are going to have to win on the road to reach the super bowl. Won't bother me if we can put on a dominant showing vs the 49ers
I can't see the Cheats losing any of their remaining games, unless Ryan Fitzpatrick has his current contract voided on performance grounds and suddenly has to play well. Of course, how the Pats do doesn't matter; only Ravens and Texans matter. Those two teams will each lose at least one game, maybe two. Bank on it.