PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Teen Learns About Bank Fees the Hard Way

MasterOfPuppets
12-14-2011, 12:12 PM
welcome to corporate america son , where banksters and greed rules the day. ..now get a credit card. :toofunny:

http://news.yahoo.com/illinois-teen-learns-bank-fees-hard-way-154654489.html

ricardisimo
12-14-2011, 12:34 PM
There's no excuse at this point for anyone having a single penny of their money in any bank. Credit union all the way. They're not prefect, but they are head and shoulders above any bank in terms of rates and fees.

steelax04
12-14-2011, 08:25 PM
There's no excuse at this point for anyone having a single penny of their money in any bank. Credit union all the way. They're not prefect, but they are head and shoulders above any bank in terms of rates and fees.

Yeah, I'm lining up my funds to get rolled over to a CU... might try and see what kind of refi I can get on my house too.

IowaSteeler927
01-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Yeah, I'm lining up my funds to get rolled over to a CU... might try and see what kind of refi I can get on my house too.

Best thing I ever did was switching to a credit union. You get treated like a person and not a number. I've been with a national chain bank in the past (US Bank) and they treated me like crap. Their employees were rude, and their fees were absolutely asinine. I got charged over $250 in overdraft fees for attempting to use my debit card to pay for $4.00 worth of gas. This was at a time in my life where i had just moved and I didn't yet have direct deposit. I had just opened my account and US Bank failed to tell me that it takes checks even county paychecks 5 days to clear on a new account. Two days after making a deposit I need $4.00 just to pay for a can of gas because I ran out of gas and there I was standing in the gas station utterly embarassed. I had to go in and literally argue with their bank manager before they agreed to refund the overdraft fees. I wasn't even overdraft in the first place. The transaction would've made me overdraft but my card was denied so I never was techinically overdraft. US Bank will do anything to make an extra dime.