PDA

View Full Version : ESPN releases preseason Power Rankings....

BlackNGold203
06-21-2006, 10:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=0

1. Seahawks
2. Steelers
3. Colts
4. Broncos
5. Panthers

Ohio Steeler
06-21-2006, 10:43 PM
lol

espn must be smoking some damn good crack over there to rate us under the cryhawks

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Still no respect.. where are the T.B. Buttoneers ..15 what does that geez guy say now???

Black@Gold Forever32
06-21-2006, 10:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=0

1. Seahawks
2. Steelers
3. Colts
4. Broncos
5. Panthers

Honestly I can care less what the so called experts think. The NFL isn't college football where rankings count for anything. Just let the Steelers play on the field speak for itself.

CantStop85
06-21-2006, 11:00 PM
These rankings are whack. I'd put probably 2 or 3 AFC teams ahead of the Seahawks. It's also pretty obvious that the guys who wrote the rankings care nothing about defense.

I'm also tired of the Dolphins kool-aid everyone's drinking right now.

Hawk Believer
06-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Honestly I can care less what the so called experts think. The NFL isn't college football where rankings count for anything. Just let the Steelers play on the field speak for itself.

:iagree:

tony hipchest
06-21-2006, 11:11 PM
These rankings are whack. I'd put probably 2 or 3 AFC teams ahead of the Seahawks. It's also pretty obvious that the guys who wrote the rankings care nothing about defense.

I'm also tired of the Dolphins kool-aid everyone's drinking right now. it tastes better than the bengals kool aid. can you blame them? dolphins actually play D.

several teams do belong above the hawks but they still probably deserve #1 rankings in the nfc. that wont carry them far by itself, but i remember when a nobody hasselbeck had a break out year with wr's who dropped more passes than they caught. too bad theyve stuck with stevens while a team like the pats draft 1 or 2 every year.

still, they got as good a shot as anybody to be the next team beat by the AFC in the SB

(i say the broncos need to be down graded even though they own the pats )

Hawk Believer
06-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Things look about as good as they could for the Seahawks in the preseason analysis. Which doesn't mean much.

Our left side of the line will be weaker without Hutch. But we actually have guys that should be good (not great) to fill the spot next to Walter Jones. We have a bit of a question mark with Ken Hamlin's head injury comeback (he's looked fine so far in non-contact mini-camp). Otherwise each position should be as good or better than last year.

Where the stars have realigned for us is our schedule. Its terribly weak. If you look at the power rankings, the highest ranked opponent in our division is rated at 21 I think. And the 49ers are dead last. Here is our full schedule:
Detroit FOX
Sunday, September 17 1:00 pm PT Arizona FOX
Sunday, September 24 1:00 pm PT New York Giants FOX
Sunday, October 1 5:15 pm PT at Chicago NBC
Sunday, October 15 10:00 am PT at St Louis FOX
Sunday, October 22 1:00 pm PT Minnesota FOX
Sunday, October 29 10:00 am PT at Kansas City FOX
Monday, November 6 5:30 pm PT Oakland ESPN
Sunday, November 12 1:00 pm PT St Louis FOX
Sunday, November 19 1:00 pm PT at San Francisco FOX
Monday, November 27 5:30 pm PT Green Bay ESPN
Sunday, December 3 1:15 pm PT at Denver FOX
Sunday, December 10 1:15 pm PT at Arizona FOX
Thursday, December 14 5:00 pm PT San Francisco NFL Network
Sunday, December 24 1:00 pm PT San Diego CBS
Sunday, December 31 10:00 am PT at Tampa Bay FOX

Chicago, San Diego, Denver, NY, Minnesota, and Tampa are among the tougher games we have. On paper, none of the other games should be losses(I know, I know - Don't count your chickens before they are hatched).

I won't begin to try to argue that I think the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL. I don't know how that can be decided in any way but on the field. But I do believe that a playoff spot with homefield advantage should be the Hawks' to lose going into the season. And we tend to do well at home. It will be interesting to see how the team reacts to the pressure of being expected to go to the Super Bowl at the begining of the season. Its unprecidented in our history. We'll see.....

Livinginthe past
06-22-2006, 02:02 AM
Things look about as good as they could for the Seahawks in the preseason analysis. Which doesn't mean much.

Our left side of the line will be weaker without Hutch. But we actually have guys that should be good (not great) to fill the spot next to Walter Jones. We have a bit of a question mark with Ken Hamlin's head injury comeback (he's looked fine so far in non-contact mini-camp). Otherwise each position should be as good or better than last year.

Where the stars have realigned for us is our schedule. Its terribly weak. If you look at the power rankings, the highest ranked opponent in our division is rated at 21 I think. And the 49ers are dead last. Here is our full schedule:

Chicago, San Diego, Denver, NY, Minnesota, and Tampa are among the tougher games we have. On paper, none of the other games should be losses(I know, I know - Don't count your chickens before they are hatched).

I won't begin to try to argue that I think the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL. I don't know how that can be decided in any way but on the field. But I do believe that a playoff spot with homefield advantage should be the Hawks' to lose going into the season. And we tend to do well at home. It will be interesting to see how the team reacts to the pressure of being expected to go to the Super Bowl at the begining of the season. Its unprecidented in our history. We'll see.....

First up, best wishes to Hamlin on his recovery - it would be great to see him back on the field this year.

Secondly, do you think that Power rankings should factor in the schedule?

I dont think there should be a situation where a team ranked 4 or 5 places below another should be favorite to beat them.

Anyway, I think you are right about your schedule - that looks like 12-4 worse case scenario to me.

I also happen to think that the Seahawks wil have learnt alot from last year, especially their disappointing performance in the SB.

NM

ARKIESTEEL
06-22-2006, 06:38 AM

I'm also tired of the Dolphins kool-aid everyone's drinking right now.

I dont agree with it either they got 2 teams that didnt make the playoffs a head of you guys

Big D
06-22-2006, 09:01 AM
I often times agree with espn articles. Not this one. Why should the seahawks be rated ahead of us. And explain to me how the broncos are rated so high?

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Keep in mind that these are the same crack heads who said we couldn't beat The Colts.

kmsteelerwr15
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
I just love to laugh at all there predictions becasue they are wrong the majority of the time:bouncy:

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 05:53 PM
I believe we are ranked number 2 because of the whole Ben accident. Even in Vegas the odds are favoring The Colts to win it all. Thank God the game is played on the field. :football:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 05:57 PM
I believe we are ranked number 2 because of the whole Ben accident. Even in Vegas the odds are favoring The Colts to win it all. Thank God the game is played on the field. :football:

Before Ben's accident the Colts were still the favorites to win it all according to Vegas. Steelers started out as 8-1 odds. After Ben's accident I think the Steelers are 20-1.

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Before Ben's accident the Colts were still the favorites to win it all according to Vegas. Steelers started out as 8-1 odds. After Ben's accident I think the Steelers are 20-1.
Do you know if the odds are still 20-1 in Vegas? Man, I might have to take a road trip.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Do you know if the odds are still 20-1 in Vegas? Man, I might have to take a road trip.

I don't know bro. I hear you though if they are. I just remember hearing right after Ben's accident that the Steelers fell to 20-1 odds. Since then I havn't heard anything.

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't know bro. I hear you though if they are. I just remember hearing right after Ben's accident that the Steelers fell to 20-1 odds. Since then I havn't heard anything.
Yeah before last season started I got 25-1 odds on the Steelers to win the SB and placed a 200 dollars bet on them. It was a nice payout.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah before last season started I got 25-1 odds on the Steelers to win the SB and placed a 200 dollars bet on them. It was a nice payout.

Sweet at those odds. By the way I love your Mel Blount avatar.

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Sweet at those odds. By the way I love your Mel Blount avator.
Thanks. Glad to see there are some "old school" Steeler fans in here.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Thanks. Glad to see there are some "old school" Steeler fans in here.

Well, I'm only 27 so I didn't experience the "Steel Curtain" days. But my family has Pittsburgh roots so I was raised a Steelers fan and know all about the Steelers history and their players past and present.

Stillers#1
06-22-2006, 07:47 PM

And once again the Seahawks will get an automatc 8 wins against that crappy division. Hell all they have to do after that is be a mediocre 4-4. I'll repeat what I have to say everytime I wear a article of Steelers clothing up here in Spokane. The Seahwaks should expect to win this division and be a number 1 seed, but put them in any AFC division, and they wouldn't be picked to win a single one.

SteelerFanInCA
06-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Well, I'm only 27 so I didn't experience the "Steel Curtain" days. But my family has Pittsburgh roots so I was raised a Steelers fan and know all about the Steelers history and their players past and present.
That's cool. Yeah Blount was one of my favorite players on the "D" side of the ball. Good to see the heritage and tradition is being passed down.

Hawk Believer
06-23-2006, 01:26 PM
And once again the Seahawks will get an automatc 8 wins against that crappy division. Hell all they have to do after that is be a mediocre 4-4. I'll repeat what I have to say everytime I wear a article of Steelers clothing up here in Spokane. The Seahwaks should expect to win this division and be a number 1 seed, but put them in any AFC division, and they wouldn't be picked to win a single one.

I disagree that they would not be in the mix in any AFC division. But they will have the chance to prove that on the field this year against their old buddies in the AFC West.

But I do conceded the NFC is weaker and the Seahwks benefit greatly from it now. It would appear on paper that nobody in the NFL has a cleaner path laid out to the Super Bowl. But in June, the only people that really means anything to are the oddsmakers and their supplicants.

SteelerFanInCA
06-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I disagree that they would not be in the mix in any AFC division. But they will have the chance to prove that on the field this year against their old buddies in the AFC West.

But I do conceded the NFC is weaker and the Seahwks benefit greatly from it now. It would appear on paper that nobody in the NFL has a cleaner path laid out to the Super Bowl. But in June, the only people that really means anything to are the oddsmakers and their supplicants.
That's kind of funny that you guys start off the season in Detroit. How's that for irony?

Hawk Believer
06-23-2006, 02:19 PM
That's kind of funny that you guys start off the season in Detroit. How's that for irony?
Yeah, that didn't go unnoticed out here. Some people even thought it was a deliberate move by the NFL to punish Holmgren for complaining. But that doesn't make sense to me. How can playing the Lions as one of your road games be construed as punishment? (apologies to you and your new team Brady12)

Big D
06-23-2006, 04:34 PM
This years power rankings is so off it makes you wonder what these guys have been watching over the past year and what they really know about football

Hawk Believer
06-23-2006, 04:52 PM
This years power rankings is so off it makes you wonder what these guys have been watching over the past year and what they really know about football
Here are some odds from a random gambling line. And the winner is.... Indy at 6/1. People just love Mr. Manning. #2 is the Pats 8/1.

Odds to win the 2007 Super Bowl Odds
All wagers have action. No Refunds. No Parlays. Max $500
Arizona Cardinals 45/1
Atlanta Falcons 30/1
Baltimore Ravens 25/1
Buffalo Bills 100/1
Carolina Panthers 14/1
Chicago Bears 15/1
Cincinnati Bengals 20/1
Cleveland Browns 100/1
Dallas Cowboys 12/1
Denver Broncos 10/1
Detroit Lions 90/1
Green Bay Packers 100/1
Houston Texans 100/1
Indianapolis Colts 6/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 30/1
Kansas City Chiefs 18/1
Miami Dolphins 20/1
Minnesota Vikings 30/1
New England Patriots 8/1
New Orleans Saints 45/1
New York Giants 15/1
New York Jets 70/1
Oakland Raiders 55/1
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1
San Diego Chargers 14/1
San Francisco 49ers 125/1
Seattle Seahawks 10/1
St.Louis Rams 60/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30/1
Tennessee Titans 100/1
Washington Redskins 14/1

HometownGal
06-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Personally, I think the Arizona Cards are going to surprise a lot of people this season. With the addition of Edge, a healthy Warner (if he can stay healthy- a BIG IF), two of the best receivers in the NFL in Boldin and Fitz, the best K in the NFL last season and a kick ass defense. Their OL needs some work, though, and could be their achilles heel.

ARKIESTEEL
06-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Personally, I think the Arizona Cards are going to surprise a lot of people this season. With the addition of Edge, a healthy Warner (if he can stay healthy- a BIG IF), two of the best receivers in the NFL in Boldin and Fitz, the best K in the NFL last season and a kick ass defense. Their OL needs some work, though, and could be their achilles heel.

You can have the best RB out there with no o-line edge and his old bones may have a tuff year. Not to argue with you or anything.

Ambridge
06-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Good to see ESPN giving the Hawks some love in the PPRs because I heard none of the NFL Preseason Magazines......Lindy's, Street&Smith, Athlon, Sporting News, etc...have picked Seattle to go back to the Superbowl.

HometownGal
06-23-2006, 07:30 PM
You can have the best RB out there with no o-line edge and his old bones may have a tuff year. Not to argue with you or anything.

Good point, but I wouldn't count them out. :smile:

Hawk Believer
06-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Good to see ESPN giving the Hawks some love in the PPRs because I heard none of the NFL Preseason Magazines......Lindy's, Street&Smith, Athlon, Sporting News, etc...have picked Seattle to go back to the Superbowl.
Frankly I'd prefer it if the ESPN hadn't picked them too.