PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark Playing In Denver

Atlanta Dan
12-14-2011, 02:25 PM
I had forgotten that due to his sickle cell trait that is impacted by high altitude, which nearly killed him when he last played in Denver in 2007, Ryan Clark did not play in the 2009 Denver game. At the time I wondered if Clark would have skipped a playoff game in Denver. Since such event may occur, Ed. B. of the P-G has written this:

Spoke with Ryan Clark a bit ago and he told me that he wants to play in Denver if the Steelers have to go there in the playoffs. However, he said it will be Mike Tomlin's call.

Clark, as you know, had a violent reaction to the altitude in Denver in 2007 because of his sickle cell trait. He lost his spleen and gall bladder and nearly died. He's been told by doctors that he should be okay now because he no longer has those organs. In 2009, Tomlin made the decision for him and would not allow him to play. However, Clark made the trip and worked out before the game to try to test his body and there was no reaction.

Many of you have asked me recently if he will go, and he doesn't even know yet. At the moment, the most logical opening playoff game for the Steelers would be at Denver. That would change if they win the division or if Denver does not win it.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/

It gets back to what trade-offs a player will make with regard to personal safety in order to win

Bayz101
12-14-2011, 02:35 PM
I had forgotten that due to his sickle cell trait that is impacted by high altitude, which nearly killed him when he last played in Denver in 2007, Ryan Clark did not play in the 2009 Denver game. At the time I wondered if Clark would have skipped a playoff game in Denver. Since such event may occur, Ed. B. of the P-G has written this:

Spoke with Ryan Clark a bit ago and he told me that he wants to play in Denver if the Steelers have to go there in the playoffs. However, he said it will be Mike Tomlin's call.

Clark, as you know, had a violent reaction to the altitude in Denver in 2007 because of his sickle cell trait. He lost his spleen and gall bladder and nearly died. He's been told by doctors that he should be okay now because he no longer has those organs. In 2009, Tomlin made the decision for him and would not allow him to play. However, Clark made the trip and worked out before the game to try to test his body and there was no reaction.

Many of you have asked me recently if he will go, and he doesn't even know yet. At the moment, the most logical opening playoff game for the Steelers would be at Denver. That would change if they win the division or if Denver does not win it.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/

It gets back to what trade-offs a player will make with regard to personal safety in order to win

It'll be an interesting decision for sure, but there's still a few games left to play. I would like a Denver playoff game, remember our literal road to the Super Bowl in '05-'06? All I want is one last shot a the rat-turds.

Fire Arians
12-14-2011, 03:06 PM
he will only play if he gets baptized by tebow before the game

steelfury02
12-14-2011, 04:07 PM
The Steelers fans at Denver would need to start the chant:

DEEEEEEEEEBO - OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH!

BKAnthem
12-15-2011, 12:57 AM
I met a chick that lives in Denver, and after that happened to Clark i changed my mind about flying out there with the quickness

tony hipchest
12-15-2011, 01:39 AM
in a perfect world, the steelers would be playing tom brady or joe flacco in the final game of the year, and ryan clark would be ordered to lay a harrison style hit on them "earning" him a playoff suspension game vs denver.

since he most likely wouldnt play in denver anyways, and since the final game of the year is vs the shitty browns, i say he just slobberknock mccoy again or josh cribbs just for the hell of it, and stick it to goodell.

i would LOVE to see the league try to mandate he play in denver and then have him serve a suspension the following week.

its all a moot point anyways. we will win monday, and the ravens got atleast 2 more chokejobs left in them this season.