PDA

View Full Version : Clark weighs in on Harrison suspension

mesaSteeler
12-15-2011, 06:45 AM
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/12/14/clark-weighs-in-on-harrison-suspension/
News and updates about the Pittsburgh Steelers

Clark weighs in on Harrison suspension
December 14th, 2011

Here is Ryan Clarkís surprisingly muted reaction to James Harrisonís suspension. Clark is the Steelersí union representative, and he has been outspoken in his criticism of Roger Goodell and the commissionerís crackdown on illegal hits.

Q: How frustrating is all of this?

A: To be honest, Iím frustrated for James. I feel bad for James. I couldnít imagine having to deal with what heís had to deal with the past two years. I know heís worked extremely hard to stay within the guidelines and itís his first offense this year so that part frustrates me. As far as the other stuff it doesnít bother me. You just hate to see a teammate, you hate to see a friend be kind of ostracized, ridiculed when heís actually been working to do better.

Q: Has James been unfairly targeted by the league?
A: Itís not my call.

Q: Where do you see this going in the future? Will it get worse?

A: Iím just a free safety. I canít tell yíall whatís going to happen in the future. We just want to play now. We want to try to figure out a way to be as physical as possible and to be as legal as possible. Right now thatís the challenge placed before us. On the other (side) of that when things donít go our way we need to shut up because obviously being who we are isnít working. Being outspoken about things and expressing our frustration in different manners than other people thatís not working for us. Weíre not going to call the commissioner, weíre not going to set up meetings, thatís just not the players that we are. But I think as a team we just need to stop talking about it. Just do our best to go out here and play football because thatís what our jobs are and leave the rest of the politicking to other people.

Ė Scott Brown

tanda10506
12-15-2011, 10:27 AM
You know damn well that's not how he feels, Tomlin has told them to be quiet. Tomlin feels it's better to stay quite and hope one day the league likes them, rather then have the team stand up for it's self.

theplatypus
12-15-2011, 11:06 AM
You know damn well that's not how he feels, Tomlin has told them to be quiet. Tomlin feels it's better to stay quite and hope one day the league likes them, rather then have the team stand up for it's self.

Did you actually read what he said? specifically . On the other (side) of that when things donít go our way we need to shut up because obviously being who we are isnít working. Being outspoken about things and expressing our frustration in different manners than other people thatís not working for us.

Sixburgher
12-15-2011, 11:14 AM

Yeah, not like "standing up for themselves" before now hasn't just led to more bogus bullshit being called against them or anything. :coffee:

Steel_Bus_24
12-15-2011, 11:17 AM
How the Steelers actually feel......

http://images12.fotki.com/v216/photos/0/1685060/8970660/rayjzoom-vi.gif

that SOB Goodell lit the fuse.....other teams better hope injuries do us in

EDIT: Found another pic that my do their feelings more justice

Opt2loc
12-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah, not like "standing up for themselves" before now hasn't just led to more bogus bullshit being called against them or anything. :coffee:

Poor squeelers, it's so unfair. :crying01:

Do the crime, you do the time. Plain and simple

Fire Arians
12-15-2011, 12:02 PM

unless you're ray lewis

Opt2loc
12-15-2011, 12:19 PM
unless you're ray lewis

You squeeler fans need some new material. :old:

Sixburgher
12-15-2011, 12:21 PM

:yawn:

Opt2loc
12-15-2011, 12:35 PM
:yawn:

Me grow up?

Why don't you go back and read some your posts.
All you do is whine whine whine whine whine.:blah::blah::blah:

Sixburgher
12-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Me grow up?

You mean as opposed to acting like a dickhead on an opposing team's board all day? Time to get out of mom's basement, son.

Fire Arians
12-15-2011, 12:37 PM
You squeeler fans need some new material. :old:

:blah:

so you come to talk football or troll?

Atlanta Dan
12-15-2011, 12:43 PM

Tomlin telling the team to zip it regarding Harrison confirmed by this P-G story - apparently only Ike Taylor could not resist being candid

Safety Troy Polamalu said his coach told the players "just to say no comment."
Polamalu's comment? "No comment.":chuckle:...

Many Steelers players disagreed with Harrison's punishment, and some acknowledged it might have a chilling effect on the way they play defense. Others thought it unfair that Harrison was suspended for trying to make a tackle while Oakland defensive lineman Richard Seymour was only fined $30,000 for punching Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito earlier this month, even though it was the second time he had punched another player in two seasons. Seymour punched Ben Roethlisberger last year and was fined $25,000. He was ejected on both occasions.

So repeating a mistake trying to make a tackle cost a suspension while a repeat in throwing a premeditated punch after a play -- which would get a player arrested if he had done it on the street -- drew a fine of only $5,000 more than the first time?

"Man, they're tripping," cornerback Ike Taylor said of the NFL. "I don't know what it is. [Harrison's] getting it handed to him in the NFL way ... He didn't stomp on nobody, he didn't punch nobody's private area."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11349/1196963-66.stm

TRH
12-15-2011, 01:53 PM
i don't have a problem with Ray Lewis, but why wasn't he flagged and fined for his helmet-to-helmet hit against us in the 1st game this year?

The answer : There is no answer.
I think a lot of people's frustrations around here deal with one player getting fined (or suspended now) and then this player does the same thing and gets nothing....then this player gets fined....then this other player gets nothing.
The grade the league gets for fairly discipling everybody and anybody from any team, ours included, is an F. It's really pathetic.

SteelCityMom
12-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Me grow up?

Quit trying to just stir the pot around here. If you want to talk football, talk football. If you want to just come here to be annoying and talk trash, at least have the courtesy to keep in in the Blast Furnace, rather than derailing threads.

MasterOfPuppets
12-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Quit trying to just stir the pot around here. If you want to talk football, talk football. If you want to just come here to be annoying and talk trash, at least have the courtesy to keep in in the Blast Furnace, rather than derailing threads.
isn't that called trolling ? didn't trolls used to get :banned:

SteelCityMom
12-15-2011, 02:21 PM
isn't that called trolling ? didn't trolls used to get :banned:

It's just a friendly warning, for now. :chuckle:

bornaSteelersfan
12-15-2011, 07:28 PM
I think this might be more than the first offense for Opt2loc. I say we not ban him, but maybe suspend him for a week...seems appropriate considering.

harrison'samonster
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
I'd say his punishment should be getting forced to be a Ravens fan for the rest of his life.

Atlanta Dan
12-15-2011, 08:09 PM
I think this might be more than the first offense for Opt2loc. I say we not ban him, but maybe suspend him for a week...seems appropriate considering.

Do not pull the trigger yet - let him continue to make more of these insightful posts after he has been warned and then ban him for when it matters - the week before the Steelers-Ravens matchup in the playoffs

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-16-2011, 12:22 AM
I have always said complacency with evil is the same as aiding and abetting evil.

You go James, and Ike. Don't lay down and just take it....fxxk Goodell, fxxk lawyers and bureaucrats, fxxk ruining the best sport with this metrosexualized crap about vicous hits.

My early new year's wish? I want to see Harrison hoist that trophy up over his head and then do something utimately disrespectful to Goodell on national TV as he hoists that thing (like to pee on his leg Cheech-style), and then, retire, so all Goodell can do then is fume and blow spit bubbles at the corners of his mouth...

Bayz101
12-16-2011, 12:39 AM
I have always said complacency with evil is the same as aiding and abetting evil.

You go James, and Ike. Don't lay down and just take it....fxxk Goodell, fxxk lawyers and bureaucrats, fxxk ruining the best sport with this metrosexualized crap about vicous hits.

My early new year's wish? I want to see Harrison hoist that trophy up over his head and then do something utimately disrespectful to Goodell on national TV as he hoists that thing (like to pee on his leg Cheech-style), and then, retire, so all Goodell can do then is fume and blow spit bubbles at the corners of his mouth...

:rofl:

Or....Punch him.

IN DA FACE!