PDA

View Full Version : When are the training Camp Dates?

Lyn
06-21-2006, 10:33 PM
I can't find them but I thought I saw someplace the 3rd week of July????////any help on this ?/////thanks in advance:)

Ohio Steeler
06-21-2006, 10:51 PM
I do belive it will start on July 30th

Nedyah Werd
06-22-2006, 07:17 AM
I've been trying to find this info out as well. I moved to Nevada in 1999 & haven't been back to PA (Connellsville in particular) in six years. I wanted to bring my oldest son with me and one of the things I wanted to do was go watch practice. Only thing I seem to be able to find is 2005.

Woo Hoo my first post btw!

Lyn
06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Last year we were going but they announced dates after vacation time was put in at work. I think they started the last week of July last year. I know we went to Pittsburgh anyway they had the bass fishing championships on. We stayed in Cranberry, had a ball! Even went to kennywood!~

nicesteel4life
06-22-2006, 10:45 AM
I believe your right Ohio Steeler, if it's like it was last year. I go about 6 times every year. Better to pick a Tuesday thru Thursday, but this year after getting the 5th RING it will be a ZOO everyday. Get there early if you want a good spot, because they go fast. They open about 1hr30 minutes before the Players come out. People wait and as soon as they say OK, there is MAD rush to get certain spots. You see young and old running to get up the hill. I always send my son to grab the spot becuase I carry a tub of mini-helmets, balls and photos to get signed. It's a experience you dont want to miss. Latrobe is the Signature Capital for collectors.

Nedyah Werd
06-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Last year we were going but they announced dates after vacation time was put in at work. I think they started the last week of July last year. I know we went to Pittsburgh anyway they had the bass fishing championships on. We stayed in Cranberry, had a ball! Even went to kennywood!~

Oddly enough Kennywood is another stop I have in store!

Haven't been back there in YEARS!

24~show your love~43
06-24-2006, 12:26 PM
i am in dire need of finding this out as well!!!!

nicesteel4life
06-24-2006, 10:14 PM
YUP YUP July 28th they report. The 30th or August 1st will be the first day open to the FANS. CANT WAIT!!!!!

SteelerzGirl
06-24-2006, 10:51 PM
YUP YUP July 28th they report. The 30th or August 1st will be the first day open to the FANS. CANT WAIT!!!!!

Oh goody! That will fit my schedule nicely since I'm going to the Brickyard the weekend of August 6th. Yeehaww!

caligirlsteelerfan86
06-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Awsome...I really hope they have an open practice Aug 1st. Not sure if I can do Aug 2nd since my flight leaves PIT at 6:00PM. My Grandma is having her 80th Bday party so I'm going to be staying about 10 miles from Latrobe. I can't wait to go into the city, it's been so long! I'm going to a Pirate game when they play the Braves, I heard PNC Park is amazing.

thejim
06-25-2006, 01:31 PM
PNC is absolutely amazing. Best park in the majors right now. If you really want the full effect, park downtown and walk across the Clemente Bridge to the stadium. It's closed to traffic on gamedays so you can walk across unmolested. Tip the saxophone guy or he gets cranky. ;)