PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison's thoughts

Bayz101
12-16-2011, 02:22 PM
"17 games,1000+ snaps, 100+ tackles, 12+sacks and 2 forces fumbles since my last incident and I get a suspension for a football play!"

Posted on Facebook earlier. He's frustrated, as he should be.

rich4eagle
12-16-2011, 02:50 PM
"17 games,1000+ snaps, 100+ tackles, 12+sacks and 2 forces fumbles since my last incident and I get a suspension for a football play!"

Posted on Facebook earlier. He's frustrated, as he should be.

James Harrison your the man, thank you so much, now lets play pansy for money football in the NFLP ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Natiional Football League Pussies:tt04:

GMU Steeler
12-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Well I'm hoping he comes back pissed and plays hard as hell.

Opt2loc
12-16-2011, 03:21 PM
He got the suspension because of his rep.

Fire Arians
12-16-2011, 03:24 PM
He got the suspension because of his rep.

and his mouth got him into trouble. those comments about goodell in the offseason probably made him just wait for the slightest screw-up from james before dropping the hammer down.

unfair treatment maybe a little, but it's life. you can't talk crap about the boss and expect any leeway if you screw up on the job in the future.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-16-2011, 03:45 PM
His mouth didnt help, his coaches mouth didnt help and the silence from the pansy in the front office didn't help.

James makes a huge point in the stats. So is he forever branded a repeat offender or is there a snap count a tackle count where that goes away?

Dam good point James!

To bad all but one team objected to the commissioners power in this regard. Well one team of players because I"m sure ownership took Goodells side in the vote.

BengalDestroyer
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
His mouth never helps him. Comeback furious Silverback:tt04:

Steelersfan87
12-16-2011, 04:12 PM
His mouth didnt help, his coaches mouth didnt help and the silence from the pansy in the front office didn't help.

James makes a huge point in the stats. So is he forever branded a repeat offender or is there a snap count a tackle count where that goes away?

Dam good point James!

To bad all but one team objected to the commissioners power in this regard. Well one team of players because I"m sure ownership took Goodells side in the vote.

It's 3 years.

Stu Pidasso
12-16-2011, 04:37 PM
The ONLY good thing about James not playing this week? We're 4-0 without him in the lineup...

TRH
12-16-2011, 06:36 PM
I understand the "mouth" thing doesn't help him with these things..............but man, what are men supposed to do? Just zip their mouth shut like some kind of minion and be censored? I understand him being frustrated and talking. The dictatorship @ the league office wants all yes men and nobody that talks anymore.

steelersfan77
12-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Man, I work with alot of yess men...lol. I think it's all about getting to the top somehow, I'm not sure.

Anyways, I loved James' comments. He's not going to change, on the field or off of it. He's not letting his teamates down by not being out there he's only motivating them more. These are grown men and they're going to play harder in his absense. Each time a linebacker has stepped down in Pittsburgh a new one was there to step in and begin a new legacy and I expect that to happen Monday night, even if for a short time.

James Harrison is a beast. He hates the opposition when he steps on the gridiron.

Fire Arians
12-16-2011, 06:53 PM
i wonder if greg lloyd played in today's NFL, if he would have gotten a life ban by now

Whodis
12-16-2011, 07:02 PM
I like how people try to compare todays NFL with the NFL of the 70's. Your right about Lloyd or any player from that era.

I just wish they would start being critical of another team. Without a coach having your back it looks like a one-legged man in a ass kicking contest.

steelersfan77
12-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Come on Arians! Lloyd, Kirkland, Greene, Porter and Lambert would've all been banned from the NFL if they played in todays game. They would knock the snout of you and still make some helmet to helmet contact. That was the real NFL.

steelersfan77
12-16-2011, 07:09 PM
I like how people try to compare todays NFL with the NFL of the 70's. Your right about Lloyd or any player from that era.

I just wish they would start being critical of another team. Without a coach having your back it looks like a one-legged man in a ass kicking contest.

True, I feel like a one-legged man even as a fan right now. Can't imagine how Harrison must feel.

SteelCityMom
12-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I understand the "mouth" thing doesn't help him with these things..............but man, what are men supposed to do? Just zip their mouth shut like some kind of minion and be censored? I understand him being frustrated and talking. The dictatorship @ the league office wants all yes men and nobody that talks anymore.

A dictatorship implies that they are bound to their fates. These players have other options in life, including not playing for the NFL. Nobody is forcing them to follow these rules. They chose to follow these rules by signing NFL contracts.

I know that may sound ice cold to some, but it's the truth. I love the heart that these guys show every week during football season, but they are not being forced to do anything.

Bayz101
12-16-2011, 08:12 PM
A dictatorship implies that they are bound to their fates. These players have other options in life, including not playing for the NFL. Nobody is forcing them to follow these rules. They chose to follow these rules by signing NFL contracts.

I know that may sound ice cold to some, but it's the truth. I love the heart that these guys show every week during football season, but they are not being forced to do anything.

Exactly. Unless a new leadership is established and rules are changed, it's these guy's job's to follow the rules. Just like any other job, they're payed to do something using their own set of skills. I elaborated on this in another thread, but i'm sure everyone get's what i'm saying.

Steelersfan87
12-16-2011, 08:21 PM
And just like any other job, it's not a good idea to badmouth your superiors in the company newsletter.

Bayz101
12-16-2011, 08:42 PM
And just like any other job, it's not a good idea to badmouth your superiors in the company newsletter.

Well, that is, if you value your job :D. I believe I elaborated on this in another thread, but can't remember which.

Steelerfreak58
12-16-2011, 08:55 PM

When Goodell is judge jury and executioner. Yeah you shut the **** up. The NFL Players Union isn't doing shit to help the Defensive players.

TRH
12-16-2011, 09:25 PM
When Goodell is judge jury and executioner. Yeah you shut the **** up. The NFL Players Union isn't doing shit to help the Defensive players.

i hear what you're saying.......and easier for most of the "toe-the-line, sheep" players....but for someone headstrong and their "own man" like James is.....i fully understand why he talks. I personally would find it extremely difficult to stay quiet and be treated like a peasant.
But yes, i hear ya.