PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward featured in The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Third Rail
12-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Hey everyone,

In a week where we it seems like we just can't get enough bad news for Pittsburgh sports heroes, at least it ended on a high note. I went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie at midnight last night and just about jumped out of my seat when I saw Hines Ward, #86 jersey and all, featured prominently in the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises trailer. Of course we all knew that Hines and other Steelers were in the movie, but I thought it was especially cool that they used him in the new trailer. Should be online Monday.

WCBDFY
12-17-2011, 01:17 AM
http://bit.ly/darkknight2 :tt03:

DanRooney
12-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Disappointed in the new Sherlock Holmes movie

Lady Steel
12-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Your link didn't work for me, WCBDFY.

Don't know how long this will be up since it was leaked and wasn't supposed to be released online until Monday, but here is another link. Hope it works. If not, sorry.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn1fro_the-dark-knight-rises-trailer-cam_shortfilms

Bayz101
12-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Well, that was frickin cool. GO Hines!

PhantomJB93
12-17-2011, 01:45 PM
It was funny, I saw it last night too and the new trailer got me so excited for the Dark Knight Rises that I didn't even care about Sherlock Holmes anymore. Hines was just the cherry on top.

Steelerindc
12-17-2011, 02:12 PM
That....was....awesome! I want see that now.

ricardisimo
12-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Hysterical. It would be a young speedster like Hines who outruns danger while everyone else gets sucked up. He scored, that's all that matters.

Pa Yankee
12-17-2011, 02:32 PM
That would also be his 86th touchdown.

Bayz101
12-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Hysterical. It would be a young speedster like Hines who outruns danger while everyone else gets sucked up. He scored, that's all that matters.

And he didn't fumble :chuckle:

In all seriousness, I still feel bad about that :banging:

Third Rail
12-18-2011, 12:47 AM

:chuckle:

If the Gotham Rogues were a real team, I could see the posts on the sports message boards already:

"HAHAHA! ROGUES RULE! They scored while your team just fell into a chasm and died! Let's see how fast you can replace your players and make a playoff run! Your team is on IR... FOREVER!"

Bayz101
12-18-2011, 12:51 AM

If the Gotham Rogues were a real team, I could see the posts on the sports message boards already:

"HAHAHA! ROGUES RULE! They scored while your team just fell into a chasm and died! Let's see how fast you can replace your players and make a playoff run! Your team is on IR... FOREVER!"

Concussions would no longer be the biggest safety concern. Ripping the opposing players head off his torso would be a $40,000 fine.

Third Rail
12-18-2011, 01:13 AM
LOL

Roger Goodell has informed Bane that he will be fined $25,000 for murdering all of those players.

The fine was relatively small, since Bane is a first time offender. However, Gotham Rogues LB James Harrison will be fined $250,000 and will be suspended for four games, as he is a repeat offender.

Both men are expected to appeal, and Commissioner Goodell is expected to laugh.

Bayz101
12-18-2011, 01:19 AM
LOL

Roger Goodell has informed Bane that he will be fined $25,000 for murdering all of those players.

The fine was relatively small, since Bane is a first time offender. However, Gotham Rogues LB James Harrison will be fined $250,000 and will be suspended for four games, as he is a repeat offender.

Both men are expected to appeal, and Commissioner Goodell is expected to laugh.

In other news, Saftey Ryan Clark is going to be fined $100,000 and a 2 game suspension for farting in the general direction of an opposing player.

QCbeauBlak
12-18-2011, 09:55 AM

:rofl: dead*

Third Rail
12-18-2011, 11:19 PM
LOL

Also, noticed that Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl appears in the trailer too. Apparently he plays the kicker for the opposing team.

Bayz101
12-19-2011, 01:03 AM
LOL

Also, noticed that Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl appears in the trailer too. Apparently he plays the kicker for the opposing team.

Oh god. Pittsburgh's mayor's name has "Raven" in it :banging:

Third Rail
12-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Oh god. Pittsburgh's mayor's name has "Raven" in it :banging:

Yeah, I know. Weird, isn't it? A few years back, during the Pittsburgh Super Bowl year, he changed it to "Steelerstahl" for a week.

Anyway, it could always be worse. His name could be Tebowstahl.

ricardisimo
12-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I know. Weird, isn't it? A few years back, during the Pittsburgh Super Bowl year, he changed it to "Steelerstahl" for a week.

Anyway, it could always be worse. His name could be Tebowstahl.
There have been two mayors in Pittsburgh named Brown as well. I can guarantee that numerous bungholes have been elected to Pittsburgh's highest office, just as in every town.

Third Rail
12-19-2011, 03:17 PM
But I bet if a guy named Bengalsmith or something ran for mayor in Pittsburgh, he'd lose by a landslide. Because everyone knows the Bengals suck. :chuckle:

Oh, for those of you who haven't seen Hines in the trailer, it's online now:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-knight-rises-theatrical-trailer/