PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Raven Hatred By Steeler Fans?

tenn1968
12-17-2011, 07:16 AM
I have noticed both at the stadium and on the Internet and talk radio an extreme dislike, even hate, of Baltimore and the Ravens. Not sure this is a good thing. It is one thing to like the Steelers, another to hate the opposition so much as to wish injury to their star players.

It is also somewhat puzzling, it is not like the Ravens eliminated the Steelers from the playoffs it is the other way around.

So if This turns out to be Baltimore's year. I don't see it as the end of the world if ray ray gets another ring and Harbaugh and Flacco get their first . The Steelers still would be ahead in Super Bowl rings.

Boomer
12-17-2011, 07:54 AM
I would say with the amount of time that ratturds fans spend on STEELERS boards that they have more hate for us. I guess they should since our STEELERS keep knocking their team outta the playoffs :). Wait till it happens again ;)

wera176
12-17-2011, 08:00 AM
I've heard no less "hatred" from the fans of the Ravens, hating the city of Pittsburgh, the Steelers, and Steeler Nation. I think that's what rivalries are all about.

Yep, it is silly as heck, but fun at the same time!

Twentyvalve
12-17-2011, 08:32 AM
The Ravens hate the Steelers exponentially more. I live very near Baltimore so I have a vested interest in keeping up with the local fans. I frequent one of their boards and many threads turn into a Squeelers Big Jen hate fest.

When you register, they even knock the Steeler;, you have to answer a registration validation question that degrades the Steelers and their fans. That is embarrassing. And the moderaters, who apply their craft subjectively, warn against bad behavior by anybody will result in banning - this was right above a threat titled "Why Do You Hate Steelers Fans." And in that very thread, Steelers and their fans are called "F*cktards." I brought to his attention, and the registration process to the attention of the moderator, and all I got in return was chirping crickets. I was not complaining mind you, I was just pointing that out. Which leads me to my next point:

It is their right to run whatever kind of forum they want. But to pretend that is such a classy, intelligent forum and have that registration process in place and have a moderator make those statements and do absolutely nothing is laughable.

Many Ravens fans are hypocritical. Like politicians. They have a classic argument technique, when a point is made, they respond without addressing the subject at hand and make a counterpoint that attacks. They think they fans are way better than "Stoolers" fans, and they are convinced Clark and Harrison are thugs, Ben is rapist, and their fans are low-brow mullet wearing pigs with no grasp of the complexities of football or fandom. When I rebutted an accusation from in a tread, I was asked to cite my sources! Do you believe that! Well, I did. Pretty much useless.

All teams have similar fans, not matter what the color. Some are rude, some are ignorant, some just stir the pot, etc. On the other hand, there are many informed, open-minded objective fans. The latter seem to be here, which is why I like to hang out here. Now, I am sure there are other Steelers forums not so friendly. Just like I know there must be more friendly Ravens forums out there.

Sometimes what we say, myself included, that is negative in regards to other players and teams, is out of ignorance. We don't know the entire story as we don't keep up as well with other teams.

I know one thing, football does crazy things to people. :tt03:

I have noticed both at the stadium and on the Internet and talk radio an extreme dislike, even hate, of Baltimore and the Ravens. Not sure this is a good thing. It is one thing to like the Steelers, another to hate the opposition so much as to wish injury to their star players.

It is also somewhat puzzling, it is not like the Ravens eliminated the Steelers from the playoffs it is the other way around.

So if This turns out to be Baltimore's year. I don't see it as the end of the world if ray ray gets another ring and Harbaugh and Flacco get their first . The Steelers still would be ahead in Super Bowl rings.

FanSince72
12-17-2011, 08:41 AM
There's no such thing as TOO MUCH Raven hatred.

Drizztbob
12-17-2011, 08:59 AM
I live IN Baltimore and the shite I hear everyday from these idiotic fans is enough to make anyone hate them. During football season, I am constantly on alert for these morons who want to put their hands on me. Which has happened quite a bit, and ends up being a mistake for them. (I'm 6'2" 240 and trained)

So to answer your question, the hatred is well deserved, especially from my opinion.

tenn1968
12-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Well let's look at what's happened this year.

First Game Baltimore Beats Steelers Into Submission, 35-7.
Second Game
Ravens beat Steelers 23-20 at Heinz, Joe Flacco finds Torrey Smith for 26 yard TD pass with 8 Seconds to Go.

The Ravens whipped you guys twice, the first time so convincingly that they left no doubt who has the better team.

Then when the Steelers and their fans thought they would get some measure of revenge by squeaking by the Ravens at Heinz, Joe leads his team down for the game winning TD, and you could have heard a pin drop at Heinz! Steelers get burned for two TD passes to Torrey in the same drive, he dropped the first one and then he gets open again and Joe Flacco burns you with 8 seconds to go. 8 SECONDS! What a great receiver, getting open twice like that and what a big time throw by Joe Flacco.

Joe gave the Steelers a taste of a bitter defeat at the hands of the Ravens when they thought they had the game won and were prematurely celebrating. Don't count your chickes before they are hatched. There is no doubt in my mind the Ravens now have a better team. The Ravens have seriously damaged the Steelers chances of getting to the Super Bowl by handling the Steelers twice. If not for the Ravens handling the Steelers then Pittsburgh has the division, a first round bye,, and home field throughout the playoffs wrapped up.

The Steelers can now know how the Ravens fans felt last year when we were tied but knew that we would not have the home field advantage in the playoffs. Only the Steelers deserve to hit the road for the playoffs, because they lost both of your games to the Ravens this year. Not so with the Ravens last year because Joe Flacco burned the Steelers last year too for a winning TD in the last minute at Heinz. Two years in a row.

The times of Pittsburgh coming out ahead of Baltimore are over, past, and not happening again. We've proven that this year with the two "L"s we handed the Steelers! And if we meet the STeelers again in the playoffs we'll beat them again. It will be in Baltimore and the Steelers completely collapsed there in the 09/11 game. Ravens will not lose at home.

Oh and as for the Ravens losing to San Diego and the Steelers moving ahead, forget it. I will grant their is an outside chance the Ravens lose that game, but even if they do and the Steelers go ahead by half a game how long will that last? The Steelers will lose to San Francisco, with or without Ben. Harbaugh isn't going to let his brother down, no way the 49ers lose at home.

Oh one more thing, because this will probably be my last post before I am banned. (I know the mods on these Steeler forums ban people for little to no reason, if they are ravens fans). Harrison deserved to be suspended and it should have been for more than one game. This guy has caused injury to opposing players with his helmet hits, and I think the Steelers organization encourages this type of play more than other NFL teams. Look, Heinz Ward was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by other NFL players and how many times has Harrison been fined?

I know Pittsburgh fans hate the Ravens far more than the other way around. Look at a typical Steelers forum before a Ravens game and there is talk about bountys on Ravens players and how nice it would be to see Joe Flacco or Ray Lewis or Suggs or Torrey Smith or Ray Rice carried off the field. Pittsburgh fans are used to this type of hard hitting play well look what happened to those players in the 70's with their concussions, the long term effects, how about that? The trash talk is much worse on the Steelers forums than the Ravens.

Don't think the NFL is biased against the Steelers with these fines and suspensions. The truth is that the NFL executives who make these decisions are far more objective than Steeler fans or the Steeler organization. It seems some Steeler fans want their team to win at all costs and they don't care if Rodgers gets a concussion or if Colt McCoy gets a concussion so long as the Steelers come out ahead. That is not the way the game is now, the times have changes and this type of play will no longer be tolerated. If the Steelers and Tomlin encourage this type of play there will be more fines and suspensions and I can even see suspensions in the playoffs.

The years of frustration for Baltimore fans are now over. As Coach Harbaugh said after we won in Pittsburgh, this one is for all the Baltimore fans who jumped in joy while watching their TV's when Flacco hit that winning TD pass to Tory with 8 seconds to go. A new era has begun, and the Baltimore Ravens have taken their rightful spot at the the top. Baltimore > Pittsburgh, how sweet it is!

Sixburgher
12-17-2011, 09:36 AM

Second Game
Ravens beat Steelers 23-20 at Heinz, Joe Flacco finds Torrey Smith for 26 yard TD pass with 8 Seconds to Go.

The Ravens whipped you guys twice, the first time so convincingly that they left no doubt who has the better team.

Then when the Steelers and their fans thought they would get some measure of revenge by squeaking by the Ravens at Heinz, Joe leads his team down for the game winning TD, and you could have heard a pin drop at Heinz! Steelers get burned for two TD passes to Torrey in the same drive, he dropped the first one and then he gets open again and Joe Flacco burns you with 8 seconds to go. 8 SECONDS! What a great receiver, getting open twice like that and what a big time throw by Joe Flacco.

Joe gave the Steelers a taste of a bitter defeat at the hands of the Ravens when they thought they had the game won and were prematurely celebrating. Don't count your chickes before they are hatched. There is no doubt in my mind the Ravens now have a better team. The Ravens have seriously damaged the Steelers chances of getting to the Super Bowl by handling the Steelers twice. If not for the Ravens handling the Steelers then Pittsburgh has the division, a first round bye,, and home field throughout the playoffs wrapped up.

The Steelers can now know how the Ravens fans felt last year when we were tied but knew that we would not have the home field advantage in the playoffs. Only the Steelers deserve to hit the road for the playoffs, because they lost both of your games to the Ravens this year. Not so with the Ravens last year because Joe Flacco burned the Steelers last year too for a winning TD in the last minute at Heinz. Two years in a row.

The times of Pittsburgh coming out ahead of Baltimore are over, past, and not happening again. We've proven that this year with the two "L"s we handed the Steelers! And if we meet the STeelers again in the playoffs we'll beat them again. It will be in Baltimore and the Steelers completely collapsed there in the 09/11 game. Ravens will not lose at home.

Oh and as for the Ravens losing to San Diego and the Steelers moving ahead, forget it. I will grant their is an outside chance the Ravens lose that game, but even if they do and the Steelers go ahead by half a game how long will that last? The Steelers will lose to San Francisco, with or without Ben. Harbaugh isn't going to let his brother down, no way the 49ers lose at home.

Oh one more thing, because this will probably be my last post before I am banned. (I know the mods on these Steeler forums ban people for little to no reason, if they are ravens fans). Harrison deserved to be suspended and it should have been for more than one game. This guy has caused injury to opposing players with his helmet hits, and I think the Steelers organization encourages this type of play more than other NFL teams. Look, Heinz Ward was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by other NFL players and how many times has Harrison been fined?

I know Pittsburgh fans hate the Ravens far more than the other way around. Look at a typical Steelers forum before a Ravens game and there is talk about bountys on Ravens players and how nice it would be to see Joe Flacco or Ray Lewis or Suggs or Torrey Smith or Ray Rice carried off the field. Pittsburgh fans are used to this type of hard hitting play well look what happened to those players in the 70's with their concussions, the long term effects, how about that? The trash talk is much worse on the Steelers forums than the Ravens.

Don't think the NFL is biased against the Steelers with these fines and suspensions. The truth is that the NFL executives who make these decisions are far more objective than Steeler fans or the Steeler organization. It seems some Steeler fans want their team to win at all costs and they don't care if Rodgers gets a concussion or if Colt McCoy gets a concussion so long as the Steelers come out ahead. That is not the way the game is now, the times have changes and this type of play will no longer be tolerated. If the Steelers and Tomlin encourage this type of play there will be more fines and suspensions and I can even see suspensions in the playoffs.

The years of frustration for Baltimore fans are now over. As Coach Harbaugh said after we won in Pittsburgh, this one is for all the Baltimore fans who jumped in joy while watching their TV's when Flacco hit that winning TD pass to Tory with 8 seconds to go. A new era has begun, and the Baltimore Ravens have taken their rightful spot at the the top. Baltimore > Pittsburgh, how sweet it is!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/061/294/1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg?1279885294

skip
12-17-2011, 09:38 AM
This thread is just a provocation.

Twentyvalve
12-17-2011, 09:39 AM
What does what might happen in the future have to do with thread? That proves my point about skirting the topic. You speak as if you have influence over the outcome of the game?

And, you beat us twice. Congratulations, and yes, we do know how it feels. The Ravens earned it. We win and we lose. I would hardly call the era of domination over with such authority and finality, as we could very well sweep the Ravens next season, and even knock them in the playoffs. Either team could win on any given day, you know it, and I know it.

Ravens beat the Steelers twice, and now they are the team of the 21st century. Typical Ravens bravado.

Oh yeah, and why would you be banned, for an off-topic rant?

Second Game

harrison'samonster
12-17-2011, 09:59 AM
why does it seem like every Ravens troll who starts writing about new era's sounds like a 12 year old.

Drizztbob
12-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow....typical Ravens fan. You blow your load that you beat us twice in one year, which of course isn't as sweet as a real sweep (see last year), and then you think your season is wrapped up and you are going to win forever. YOU LOST TO SEATTLE. YOU LOST TO TENNESSE. YOU LOST TO JAX. YOU SNUCK BY ARIZONA....Do you really think that your team is capable of going anywhere with a rap sheet like that? Let alone beat us in the playoffs where they have proven time and time again to be choke artists?

Get real bro. So typical in that city when you get a few wins under your belt you think it's trash talk time, but when your team needs you the most and you're losing game after game, your kind are no where to be seen. Just look at attendance in your stadiums when you are below 500.

Talk to me when you have some semblence of NFL history under your belt.

skinart82
12-17-2011, 11:06 AM
The ratbirds and the ratbird fans are useless to me. Thug team, whiney QB that wishes he was half as good as Ben, jackass for a coach, disgusting city full of disgusting fans. They will never have the history or respect that the Pittsburgh Steelers have!

DanRooney
12-17-2011, 11:07 AM
zZzzz

skinart82
12-17-2011, 11:09 AM
When you lose in the playoffs nobody remembers what you did in the regular season, so I'd stop trying to talk such a big game, ratbird.

stb_steeler
12-17-2011, 11:36 AM

Second Game

If i had a dollar for everytime a ratbird troll comes here, id be rich!.....So you got it all figured out do ya?....You make it sound like the era of the Steelers are over and the Ravens will dominate the division from now on, get over yourself. Ones like you come here and spew your nonsense like your team has it all wrapped up already (amazing).You talk about our team suspensions as if you love the idea!...The only reason you like that idea is because you know if some of the Steelers players are out it gives other teams a better chance of winning. Id almost bet your not even a Ravens fan, just some retard trying to get noticed....Man i wish this board would create some kind of common sense test before being able to register.....

SteelCityMom
12-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh you silly little Ravens fan...you're not going to get banned. Next time you want to start a trollish thread though, please have the courtesy to put it in the Blast Furnace so we talk trash properly. Saves me the hassle of having to move it (which is what I'm doing).

Now, have at it folks. No holds barred.

SteelCityMom
12-17-2011, 11:37 AM
P.S. Hope you feel better after that pointless rant.

Season isn't over yet, and despite two gatorade baths, your team hasn't won jack shit yet.

tony hipchest
12-17-2011, 11:40 AM

:rofl:

most of us dont hate you. infact we love laughing at you,

much like the one crazy monkey in the zoo who eats its own feces and flings it at visitors. no matter how sick, wrong, and utterly appalling it is...

we still laugh. but that doesnt mean we still wouldnt want to punt that monkey half way across its cage.

hatred is such a strong word.

Bayz101
12-17-2011, 01:49 PM
I have noticed that that's all you Ravens talk about, to be honest. Not once have I seen a forum board without at least 3 threads concerning the Steelers, even in the offseason. You guys have us in the back of your head, and you should. We'll crush your dreams and break your hearts in January. AGAIN.

steelerchad
12-17-2011, 02:48 PM

I don't really see it that way. Much more hatred from Ravens fans toward the Steelers. Understandable, since we have cost them so much and they have just been a stepping stone on our way to so much success. I actually don't hate the Ravens, Browns, or Bengals. If not for our domination of them all over the years, we would not have been able to enjoy all of the deep playoff runs and Super Bowl trips we've had. I actually like all 3 teams and am glad they have been our divisional fodder over the years. The Ravens took a big step this year and look like they could possibly make something big happen. Although, if they lose to us in the playoffs again, then all this BS talk will be for nothing. I'm actually thinking they choke once again. I think a 1 game winner take all will be just too much for them. They don't have that pedigree that the Steelers have when it comes to winning the biggest of games.

And you are correct if the Ravens did go all the way, they would still be the Steelers little bitch from all of the big game beat downs in the past. I just don't see it happening for them this year. They are not a complete team. And their QB can win in the playoffs, just not 3 or 4 big games in a row against good teams. Won't happen and I think deep down their stupid ass fans know and fear it. Their worst nightmare is about to come true. Once again, their team will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. They then will have to sit back and watch Pittsburgh feast while they starve.

tenn1968
12-17-2011, 03:46 PM
I have noticed that that's all you Ravens talk about, to be honest. Not once have I seen a forum board without at least 3 threads concerning the Steelers, even in the offseason. You guys have us in the back of your head, and you should. We'll crush your dreams and break your hearts in January. AGAIN.

Simply laughable..Your Steelers get crushed at m+t and then they blow a lead and lose again at home to the Ravens..The Steelers in all likelehood face a road game in Baltimore if the Steelers maake it that far. The Steelers will get blown out even worse than the September game if we play you again

You have an old defense and a banged up team. I see the Steelers as one and done in the playoffs so don,t really expect a rematch with the Ravens

tenn1968
12-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Steelerchad, yeah the Steelers really showed their pedigree in the big game losing to Green Bay last year in the biggest game..I don!t believe even you expect the Steelers to win in Baltimore after the lesson the Ravens taught the Steelers the last time they came to Baltimore...OWNED

Drizztbob
12-17-2011, 04:03 PM
What's owned, is a license to crush your hopes and dreams practically every year in post season play. Run your mouth when you can even GET to the big game.

steelerchad
12-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Steelerchad, yeah the Steelers really showed their pedigree in the big game losing to Green Bay last year in the biggest game..I don!t believe even you expect the Steelers to win in Baltimore after the lesson the Ravens taught the Steelers the last time they came to Baltimore...OWNED

Oh, You're a Ravens fan. I didn't get that from your original post. Oh, I see. You were trying to be sly posing as one of us. Boy, U are a tricky one.

So U won a couple games this year, congrats. Yep, GB won the big one last year. We don't win them all, but if you'd like to compare resume's let me know. I'd be happy to compare the Steelers resume with any team in the league. Until your Nov. 6th win, you could easily make the case that the Steelers had won the 7 biggest games between the 2 teams. Now your 1 for 8 in games that are playoff games or have late season direct impact on winning the division or serious playoff implications.
You're a little bitch just like the Ravens are the Steelers little bitch. Until you get past us in the playoffs and win something you'll always be.
I think ur scared. I think u know what's coming...................again.

Heartbreak, disappointment, tears, waiting until next year...............again.

Bayz101
12-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Simply laughable..Your Steelers get crushed at m+t and then they blow a lead and lose again at home to the Ravens..The Steelers in all likelehood face a road game in Baltimore if the Steelers maake it that far. The Steelers will get blown out even worse than the September game if we play you again

You have an old defense and a banged up team. I see the Steelers as one and done in the playoffs so don,t really expect a rematch with the Ravens

I would be willing to bet that you will be COMPLETELY silent this January.

tenn1968
12-17-2011, 10:18 PM
It is funny how steeler fans adopt and change their arguments to hide their teams failures. For example last year you said Flacco had never beat ben. Now Joe beats him twice so you want to talk about playoffs. That works because you can avoid talking about the two terrible losses to the Ravens.

I do have a question. Which loss was more devastating, getting blown off the field in Baltimore or blowing the game with 8 seconds to go at Heinz?

steelerchad
12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
It is funny how steeler fans adopt and change their arguments to hide their teams failures. For example last year you said Flacco had never beat ben. Now Joe beats him twice so you want to talk about playoffs. That works because you can avoid talking about the two terrible losses to the Ravens.

I do have a question. Which loss was more devastating, getting blown off the field in Baltimore or blowing the game with 8 seconds to go at Heinz?

Both sucked, but Nov. was a much bigger game.

Although neither loss could come close to the pain inflicted by getting bounced from the playoffs after a 21-7 lead last year, and then watch us make another return to the Super Bowl or getting beat down in the AFC Championship in 08 and then watching the Steelers go on to win yet another Super Bowl.

For that matter, not even as painful as the 08 December game in M&T where Santonio caught the goal line TD with 30 seconds left, the December 2010 game in M& T where Polamalu strip sacked Joe's ass with 3 minutes left, the 2001 divisional playoff game where we went on to play in another AFC Championship game. ( FYI- We've played in 16 championship games to the Ravens 2) You want to put us on equal footing, ok. We've played in 8 of them since 1995. It's been domination up to this point in big games. Your biggest win was this year for sure. Now the question is, can you do something with that win? Can you close it out and make a playoff run? To this point, you haven't even locked up the division. Let's see how it plays out, I tend to think in the end it will be the same old story.

Ravens being our bitches again.

Wallace108
12-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Now Joe beats him twice so you want to talk about playoffs. That works because you can avoid talking about the two terrible losses to the Ravens.

You tell them, tenn1968. These moronic Steelers fans just can't seem to understand that the regular season is far more important. The playoffs don't mean jack. It's all about winning games in the regular season. But you're smart enough to understand that. The Ravens understand it as well as demonstrated by the Gatorade baths. Stupid Steelers fans. Who cares about winning playoff games? Playoffs ... pffffft!

wera176
12-18-2011, 08:27 AM
You tell them, tenn1968. These moronic Steelers fans just can't seem to understand that the regular season is far more important. The playoffs don't mean jack. It's all about winning games in the regular season. But you're smart enough to understand that. The Ravens understand it as well as demonstrated by the Gatorade baths. Stupid Steelers fans. Who cares about winning playoff games? Playoffs ... pffffft!

:drink:

Love the bravado, tenn1968! I live in Cincinnati and a few years ago the Bungles had a pretty dang good team. Remember Whosyourmama wiping his shoes with the Terrible Towel? Bungle players were in the paper stating how they now owned the Steelers, Chad (I think he was still Chad then, lol) was quoted something to the effect the Steelers were B&W TV and they were the new Color TV, the Steeler's era was over and it was now their time. I heard fans says dang near the exact same things you just said tenn, heck they felt they had won the Super Bowl before the play offs even started. I had a friend tell me "It's our turn now!" :wink02:

For those keeping score, that was 3 Super Bowls ago for the Steelers and zero play off wins for those Bungles who's time had come...

Talk is cheap. The Ravens beat the Steelers twice and took the Gatorade bath. The Ravens earned it, they have a good team, as did those Bungles, but it's a little early to start polishing any trophies...

Drizztbob
12-18-2011, 09:35 AM
All of these points just make too much sense for an idiot Ravens fan with blinders on suffering from tunnel vision.

pittpete
12-18-2011, 11:37 AM
When you win a Superbowl then come back and gloat.
If your Superbowl is beating the Steelers 2x in a year then dump gatorade on yourself and consider your team the champs.....

jeal·ous·y   [jel-uh-see]
noun, plural -ous·ies for 4.
jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.
vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.
a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

caplovestroyp43
12-18-2011, 01:02 PM
<<The Ravens whipped you guys twice, the first time so convincingly that they left no doubt who has the better team.>>

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Are you smokin' somethin'? That is hillarious!! Go back under the rock from which you came BECAUSE come playoff time, where it REALLY REALLY REALLY matters, you are going to be the sorriest bunch of shi tbirds that ever lived!!

WE OWN YOU IN THE PLAYOFFS AND DON'T FORGET IT!!!!!!

tenn1968
12-18-2011, 03:09 PM
The Ravens now "own" the Steelers. You can talk big about the playoffs becauuse you want to forget how the Ravens whipped you twice this year.

It,s funny hearing you guys considering your dire situation. Facindlg a wild card and road games,all thanks to the ravens.STeelers AN OLD AND BEAT UP TEAM.

Heck you cannot even come out ahead even if the Ravens lose tonight. That would force you to play Ben on Monday, and risking further injury to his ankle. The Steelers without Harrison lose to the 49ers whether they play Ben or not.

tenn1968
12-18-2011, 03:19 PM
:drink:

Love the bravado, tenn1968! I live in Cincinnati and a few years ago the Bungles had a pretty dang good team. Remember Whosyourmama wiping his shoes with the Terrible Towel? Bungle players were in the paper stating how they now owned the Steelers, Chad (I think he was still Chad then, lol) was quoted something to the effect the Steelers were B&W TV and they were the new Color TV, the Steeler's era was over and it was now their time. I heard fans says dang near the exact same things you just said tenn, heck they felt they had won the Super Bowl before the play offs even started. I had a friend tell me "It's our turn now!" :wink02:

For those keeping score, that was 3 Super Bowls ago for the Steelers and zero play off wins for those Bungles who's time had come...

Talk is cheap. The Ravens beat the Steelers twice and took the Gatorade bath. The Ravens earned it, they have a good team, as did those Bungles, but it's a little early to start polishing any trophies...

The Ravens are far greater than the Bengals were. That was a fluke year for Cincy they are not perpetual contenders like the Ravens.. Heck the Bengals can,t even sell out their stadium.

This is a new era and the Ravens own the division. Harbaughwill always be a better coach than tomlin.

SteelCityMom
12-18-2011, 03:23 PM
:yawn:

Heard it all before. Gotta love the bravado.

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 04:15 PM
The Ravens are far greater than the Bengals were. That was a fluke year for Cincy they are not perpetual contenders like the Ravens.. Heck the Bengals can,t even sell out their stadium.

This is a new era and the Ravens own the division. Harbaughwill always be a better coach than tomlin.

All talk, no substance to this point. I'll believe it when I see it. Ravens have been big chokers for the most part so far in their history. I guess we'll see.

Sixburgher
12-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Harbaughwill always be a better coach than tomlin.

At bitching, whining and making excuses, maybe. I can definitely see where the team and the fanbase as a whole gets it from.

caplovestroyp43
12-18-2011, 05:07 PM
The Ravens now "own" the Steelers. You can talk big about the playoffs becauuse you want to forget how the Ravens whipped you twice this year.

It,s funny hearing you guys considering your dire situation. Facindlg a wild card and road games,all thanks to the ravens.STeelers AN OLD AND BEAT UP TEAM.

Heck you cannot even come out ahead even if the Ravens lose tonight. That would force you to play Ben on Monday, and risking further injury to his ankle. The Steelers without Harrison lose to the 49ers whether they play Ben or not.

Be careful...one of these days you will die of absolute, complete and total stupidity! Just like the rest of your fans.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

THE STEELERS OWN THE SHI TBIRDS IN THE PLAYOFFS! THEY CANNOT BEAT BEN!!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

And please, do NOT take that as a threat because that is most certainly NOT how I mean it. Just like if you were to tell a person that is serious all the time they were going to die of being serious. I mean it along those lines and those lines ONLY.

tenn1968
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Don,t think I,d be talking about owning a team which beat me twice this year. And the Steelers choked in the superbowl last year, and all those years they lost in the playoffs with Cowher.
Ravens have one Ring this year will make it two. That will really get your goat won't it. Seeing Harbaugh holding the trophy. I can't wakit to see the reaction on this forum

pittpete
12-18-2011, 06:53 PM
How did the Steelers choke in the Superbowl, they werent the favorites to win?
http://i53.tinypic.com/13ym8m8.jpg

tenn1968
12-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Nice picture of the trophys. However Baltimore has won more Nfl championships per year than Pittsburgh, when you consider per years in nfl. Or did you just want to count the Super bowl years because the Steelers were the doormat of the NFL while Baltimore was winning championships with Johnny Unitas.

Also the Colts won the Superbowl in 1971.

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Nice picture of the trophys. However Baltimore has won more Nfl championships per year than Pittsburgh, when you consider per years in nfl. Or did you just want to count the Super bowl years because the Steelers were the doormat of the NFL while Baltimore was winning championships with Johnny Unitas.

Yeah. Super Bowl era is good, since that's the era I've been alive for. So let's keep it to 1970 through the present. Actually, since your team is really the old Browns, we should probably keep it to mid 90's through now, which I already did. It's not even close. And if your lucky enough to get through this year which I doubt, it still won't be close.

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Also the Colts won the Superbowl in 1971.

Colts are in Indy. Your team's the old Browns.

tenn1968
12-18-2011, 08:17 PM
CORRECTION.Nothing can take those Nfl championships won by Johnny U and the old Colts from Baltimore. They were won by the BAltimore Colts and celebrated in Baltimore. You see Baltimore is a championship town we have won plenty and more to come starting with 2012 super bowl.

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
CORRECTION.Nothing can take those Nfl championships won by Johnny U and the old Colts from Baltimore. They were won by the BAltimore Colts and celebrated in Baltimore. You see Baltimore is a championship town we have won plenty and more to come starting with 2012 super bowl.

what kind of fan are you on a Steelers message board while your team's playing. What a douche.

harrison'samonster
12-18-2011, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=tenn1968;971371]CORRECTION.

correction?...according to my calculations...does not compute...danger, danger...you are a robot douche

tenn1968
12-18-2011, 08:49 PM
what kind of fan are you on a Steelers message board while your team's playing. What a douche.

Unlike you I can multitask. Watch and type between plays.

Even if the Ravens lose tonite I see the Steelers losing tommorow night which still leaves Ravens in drivers seat.

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 09:03 PM

Even if the Ravens lose tonite I see the Steelers losing tommorow night which still leaves Ravens in drivers seat.

Nice change of gears. Your team looks like shit, so lets shift to tomorrow night's game. You just said the Ravens would win the 2012 Super Bowl. Does this look like a SB winning performance? If you go onto lose this you'll now need help for homefield. Once again, Ravens looking like they can't take care of business when all the chips are in the middle. You still got time though. Don't give up hope yet.

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM

You sure as shit better hope the Steelers lose tomorrow night, because if they don't you're could be staring at a return trip to SD in a couple weeks in the Wild Card game.

Super Bowl 2012. LOL
If you lose this game you'll be 3-4 away from M&T. You do know the Super Bowl is being played in INDY not Baltimore this year, right?

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 09:08 PM

Dude. Do you know if the Chargers have a punter? I haven't seen one tonight. Do you think they may have left him off the roster tonight, figuring they wouldn't have to punt.

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Nothing. Just Crickets. Did you stop multitasking to focus on the game?

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Wow. Flacco sharpening his tools for that SB run.

steelerchad
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
I for one would be shocked if the Ravens are able to beat the Bengals the last game of the season in Cincy.

stb_steeler
12-18-2011, 10:20 PM

Your gonna have to come up with some stats not just some :jerkit:

caplovestroyp43
12-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Don,t think I,d be talking about owning a team which beat me twice this year. And the Steelers choked in the superbowl last year, and all those years they lost in the playoffs with Cowher.
Ravens have one Ring this year will make it two. That will really get your goat won't it. Seeing Harbaugh holding the trophy. I can't wakit to see the reaction on this forum

You beat us twice when IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!! YOU ARE THE CHOKE CHUMPS!!

BEN OWNS YOU IN THE PLAYOFFS. FLACCO ON HIS BACCO has yet to beat Ben in a PLAYOFF Jack Wagon!!!

:doh::doh::doh:

Sixburgher
12-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Hopefully the Steelers win tomorrow and the jackass disappears.

pittpete
12-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Nothing. Just Crickets. Did you stop multitasking to focus on the game?

Funny shizzat

pittpete
12-19-2011, 09:12 AM
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/pittpete/ravenssuperbowl20012copy.jpg

tenn1968
12-20-2011, 03:10 PM

Well I called that one didn't I. No way the Steelers were going to beat 49ERS on the road. No way Harbaugh lets his bro down. I read the two Harbaughs were planning together on how to beat the Steelers before last nights game.

Neither the Steelers nor Ravens are good road teams this year. But the difference is the Ravens get to stay home for the playoffs and the Ravens have a heathy Qb.

The Steelers would be better off if the Ravens had beaten San diego. Then the Steelers could have rested big Ben instead of playing him in a futile attempt for the 2 seed.

SteelCityMom
12-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Well I called that one didn't I. No way the Steelers were going to beat 49ERS on the road. No way Harbaugh lets his bro down. I read the two Harbaughs were planning together on how to beat the Steelers before last nights game.

Neither the Steelers nor Ravens are good road teams this year. But the difference is the Ravens get to stay home for the playoffs and the Ravens have a heathy Qb.

The Steelers would be better off if the Ravens had beaten San diego. Then the Steelers could have rested big Ben instead of playing him in a futile attempt for the 2 seed.

Well, they should have rested him regardless of a win or loss by the Ravens on Sunday. That was just stupid. He shouldn't play the rest of the season either, regardless of how seeding ends up.

My gut tells me that you are correct in that the Ravens will get the bye week. Both the Ravens and the Steelers have a couple of trap games coming up though...and both of the Ravens are division trap games. Everything on paper says that both the Ravens and Steelers should win their next two games....it isn't over till it's over though. Still gotta play the games.

One thing I do know for sure though, both teams (coaches and players) suuuuuuuuuuucked this week.

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2011, 08:50 PM
GFY! The Ravens can go suck a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned.

IowaSteeler927
01-01-2012, 03:36 AM

LOL

MasterOfPuppets
01-03-2012, 07:24 PM
the whole bag?

stb_steeler
01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/403819_3034657672387_1441301948_33200329_184649505 1_n.jpg
HOLY COW As Barry Wies says....I knew it!