PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Dixon injured?

Grav
12-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Is this guy injured at the moment? why hasnt he been active over the last few weeks?

DanRooney
12-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Is this guy injured at the moment? why hasnt he been active over the last few weeks?

Because he sucks :thumbsup:

defence
12-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Because he sucks :thumbsup:

Ya he sucks as much as batch does!! At least he has some athletic ability; unlike grand pa batch!!

ricardisimo
12-17-2011, 05:10 PM
He hasn't been activated because there has been no need. He's on the team because he has some capacity to stay healthy (very much unlike Batch and Lefty), and he's a decent athlete. But I think the writing is on the wall: he's no starting QB, and he's gone next year.

It just ocurred to me that we will probably be drafting a quarterback next April. How 'bout that?

tanda10506
12-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Ya he sucks as much as batch does!! At least he has some athletic ability; unlike grand pa batch!!

Yeah he has decent "athletic" ability when it comes to moving around. He's sub par when it comes to passing in the middle and ALL his passes outside hit the dirt a few yards in front of the receiver. Watch his last 2 games which were at the beginning of last season, he is one of the worse passers I've seen in the NFL. Is Batch immobile, yes. A QB might throw the ball 35 times, out of those 35 I rather have Batch take a sack or two rather then have Dixon go 6-35 and no sacks.

Bayz101
12-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Dixon isn't a great passer, but he's not terrible either. I watched him at Oregon, he had his good days and bad days. He's a runner more than anything, and that's what he'll need to do in order to succeed.

NoFieldFive
12-17-2011, 07:22 PM
I believe he's removed from the roster come game day. don't think he's been on the 53 man game day roster ths year but I may have missed a game or so

Bayz101
12-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I believe he's removed from the roster come game day. don't think he's been on the 53 man game day roster ths year but I may have missed a game or so

You think Dixon'll be removed come game day? I don't thinks that's possible, but I may have misunderstood you.

ricardisimo
12-17-2011, 07:39 PM
You think Dixon'll be removed come game day? I don't thinks that's possible, but I may have misunderstood you.
He's just answering the OP's question: why he's been inactive. Of course he's answering the question redundantly... being inactive means being removed from the active roster. The real answer is that he hasn't been needed, whereas we did need those slots much, much more for O- and D-line flexibility, as well as to compensate for injuries among our LBs.

Boomer
12-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah he has decent "athletic" ability when it comes to moving around. He's sub par when it comes to passing in the middle and ALL his passes outside hit the dirt a few yards in front of the receiver. Watch his last 2 games which were at the beginning of last season, he is one of the worse passers I've seen in the NFL. Is Batch immobile, yes. A QB might throw the ball 35 times, out of those 35 I rather have Batch take a sack or two rather then have Dixon go 6-35 and no sacks.

Yeah but the question is can Batch survive a sack or two??

Bayz101
12-17-2011, 08:04 PM

Or a dropback :chuckle:

Hey, your name sounds familiar? Boomer, boomer, boomer. O_O

Thumper?

:rofl:

Bayz101
12-17-2011, 08:23 PM

the-fence

:rofl:

tanda10506
12-17-2011, 11:32 PM

That's a good point, but Dixon was horrible in his two games last year. In the third game when Dixon went out and Batch came in, it made Batch look like a starter.

Wallace108
12-17-2011, 11:39 PM

Let's ask Bruce Arians ...

Arians also said the Steelers' game plan won't change if Batch starts in place of Roethlisberger.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_772276.html#ixzz1gfjCsomS

Nope, Batch will be toast. :doh: