PDA

View Full Version : Steelers clinch playoffs!

ETL
12-18-2011, 03:03 PM
NFL network is saying that we clinch with a Titan's loss.

Titans losing 27-13 with 1 min left.

Previously I thought we had virtually no chance for the #1 seed but with Houston losing today, we still have a chance - so if Ben can play, he should play.

BlaZeQuietly
12-18-2011, 03:05 PM
There have been many upsets today.

GMU Steeler
12-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Awesome, let's go Chargers tonight. Would love, love eto get the first cede.

JCPsteelers
12-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Hell yeah. Great job Steelers.

Now if the Chargers beat the Ratbirds, we control our destiny for the number one SEED!!!

As Beano Cook would say, Its UNBELIEVABLE

Fire Arians
12-18-2011, 03:10 PM
i want the upsets to continue into tonight's games. texans and titans losses were great.

now we need new england and baltimore to lose.

and of course, steelers win tomorrow :)

i know the green bay loss does nothing to help the steelers but that was still awesome to see

ETL
12-18-2011, 03:11 PM
i want the upsets to continue into tonight's games. texans and titans losses were great.

now we need new england and baltimore to lose.

and of course, steelers win tomorrow :)

I don't think we need NE to lose (it would be nice though). Even if NE wins out - we get the tie-breaker because we beat them this year.

We definitely need Baltimore to lose

Fire Arians
12-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't think we need NE to lose (it would be nice though). Even if NE wins out - we get the tie-breaker because we beat them this year.

true

BlaZeQuietly
12-18-2011, 03:13 PM
I think the chargers have a very good chance of winning, they've been on fire lately and the ravens have been inconsistent all year.

Fire Arians
12-18-2011, 03:15 PM
^ not to mention today's been one of those funny upset days

chiefs over packers
seattle blowing out the bears
indy winning their first game vs titans
carolina over texans
washington sweeping the giants

JCPsteelers
12-18-2011, 03:18 PM
To be fair Ravens are only a 2 point favorite at Chargers. Its not like it would be a huge upset

Goldsteel86
12-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Truthfully, I love the upsets, especially the Packers (Hell Yes!!!!), but I want to take it one game at a time. I would love to see the Steelers get a win out West and then head home at 11-3, once again I love the upsets but I am focused on two things at this time, a Ravens loss and a Steeler win!!!! I am glad the Steelers are in the playoffs but I want at least one playoff game in the Burgh, call me stingy and selfish but that's just me!!!!

Bayz101
12-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Truthfully, I love the upsets, especially the Packers (Hell Yes!!!!), but I want to take it one game at a time. I would love to see the Steelers get a win out West and then head home at 11-3, once again I love the upsets but I am focused on two things at this time, a Ravens loss and a Steeler win!!!! I am glad the Steelers are in the playoffs but I want at least one playoff game in the Burgh, call me stingy and selfish but that's just me!!!!

I wouldn't call it selfish. More like logical. We could definitely use some home field.

Goldsteel86
12-18-2011, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't call it selfish. More like logical. We could definitely use some home field.

Exactly, I hope the Steelers stay focused, honestly I believe they control their own destiny. Let the chips fall where they may, this is the time of the year!!!! :tt03: :tt04:

Bayz101
12-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Exactly, I hope the Steelers stay focused, honestly I believe they control their own destiny. Let the chips fall where they may, this is the time of the year!!!! :tt03: :tt04:

Right now it's a shootout in Denver with the Broncos up 13-7. If the Broncos beat the Pats, and the Ravens lose to the Chargers, all we need to do is win on MNF and take the #1 seed.

From #5 to #1 in less than a couple days? That'd be crazy.

4xSBChamps
12-18-2011, 03:46 PM
the Cheatriot pass-defense is so weak that Tebow will fatten-up his stats this week

Goldsteel86
12-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Right now it's a shootout in Denver with the Broncos up 13-7. If the Broncos beat the Pats, and the Ravens lose to the Chargers, all we need to do is win on MNF and take the #1 seed.

From #5 to #1 in less than a couple days? That'd be crazy.

That would be crazy, but once again I am concentrating and trying to wrap my mind around all the upsets, "meanwhile back at the ranch", I am thinking hard about tomorrow night's game!!!! Things so far have fallen in place, I am hoping all ends well that has begun well so far!!!!!! Gotta be a Chargers fan tonight, man I don't like it but I will be rooting for Rivers, just for one night. :noidea:

Bayz101
12-18-2011, 04:04 PM
That would be crazy, but once again I am concentrating and trying to wrap my mind around all the upsets, "meanwhile back at the ranch", I am thinking hard about tomorrow night's game!!!! Things so far have fallen in place, I am hoping all ends well that has begun well so far!!!!!! Gotta be a Chargers fan tonight, man I don't like it but I will be rooting for Rivers, just for one night. :noidea:

Woodley:

"Its sunday and u kno what that means... game day!!! jk but i bet i had yall confused 4 a sec...

even tho philip rivers said "go back 2 the huddle fat boy!" 2 me a couple yrs back after i sacked him, im a fan of his 2nite.. GO CHARGERS!!"

BlaZeQuietly
12-18-2011, 04:12 PM
We don't even need a patriot loss, when we played them we beat them... just need a ravens loss and a Pittsburgh win.

Bayz101
12-18-2011, 04:50 PM
We don't even need a patriot loss, when we played them we beat them... just need a ravens loss and a Pittsburgh win.

That's right. My bad. It sure would be nice regardless :chuckle:

Fire Arians
12-18-2011, 05:40 PM
you kidding me? playoffs??

tanda10506
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Huge game tonight, I'm a chargers fan tonight. The most important thing is we take care of our business. The niners game is looking real tough with all these injuries and suspensions. I don't see us losing to the rams or browns, this game is do or die! We can do it from a wild card, we have before, but let's be realistic: 3 road games against playoff quality teams and we haven't beaten a good team on the road yet this year, we need home field. I think if we get home field we will go to the SB again. Go Chargers tonight! Go Steelers tomorrow!

sharkweek
12-18-2011, 06:09 PM

we only needed NE to lose if Houson didn't lose

we always needed at least two other teams to lose, one of them is always from the Ravens, the other was either the Pats to grab the #2 seed (losing #1 to the Texans) the other was the Texans and thus grabbing the #1 seed because of our tie breaker over the Pats

a 3 way tie would always place us SOL

stb_steeler
12-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Woodley:

"Its sunday and u kno what that means... game day!!! jk but i bet i had yall confused 4 a sec...

even tho philip rivers said "go back 2 the huddle fat boy!" 2 me a couple yrs back after i sacked him, im a fan of his 2nite.. GO CHARGERS!!"

Yeah i saw this on FB today....lol i hope Woodleys playing tomorrow!