PDA

View Full Version : USA Soccer

Ohio Steeler
06-22-2006, 01:03 PM
ok who do we blame for the way the US played during this world cup, I say the blame should all go on the Coach Bruce Arena and I think the US Soccer Fifa Association needs to fire him as coach and go out and get someone who will turn this team around and make them Competitive

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Brue was TOOOOOOOO Defensive. He should have tried to win with offense. Hey Defense wins Championships but Offense also wins you games.

Livinginthe past
06-22-2006, 01:27 PM
I think the USA are a competitive team, but playing in such a weak part of the world, in terms of soccer ability, gives them a false sense of their own talent - think NFC North here.

I think they put up a good fight, and were ultimately undone by a few things.

1. They started too slow, and only started playing during the 2nd group game.

2. Naive play - allowing the Italians off the hook by getting two of their own players sent off for very avoidable offenses, when they should have been a man up.

3. Plain bad luck - they got drawn in the toughest group and had some rough decisons go against them - I think they were very unlucky to concede the penalty against Ghana today.

NM

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Also another thing to. The Refs ripped em off and they didn't over come ant of the adversity.

Ohio Steeler
06-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Also another thing to. The Refs ripped em off and they didn't over come ant of the adversity.

I will give you that however they should have overcame and played like the professionals they are

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2006, 02:00 PM
I will give you that however they should have overcame and played like the professionals they are

Excellent point. If they had a foul on them or they were carded, they should have just forgot about it and moved on.

Ohio Steeler
06-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Excellent point. If they had a foul on them or they were carded, they should have just forgot about it and moved on.

that they should of however they let it get to them and the one person who should have told them to let it go was Bruce Arena , instead I turn on the news and see him crying about the calls instead of how crapy they played....

CantStop85
06-22-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't think U.S. Soccer will ever be on the level of Brazil and some of the other major soccer powerhouses simply because soccer is a minor sport here. Too many good athletes are drawn away by the more prestigious American sports like basketball, football, and baseball.

However, the U.S. should still be more competitive than they were in this World Cup. I'm fine with the more defensive formation they came out with early in the game, but with a one goal defecit late in the second half you should be sending as many attackers as possible at the opposing goal. I also don't think Coach Arena utlized his personnel very well at all.

shimmysteelerfan
06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
there coach wasnt the one goal tending.............keller sucks.

Steel12
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
there coach wasnt the one goal tending.............keller sucks.

Reyna shouldn't have been careless with the ball and that penalty kick was some bs. I don't think this game was Keller's fault at all.

shimmysteelerfan
06-22-2006, 04:43 PM
yeah the penalty shot was bs, but he could have easily stopped that first goal.

Steel12
06-22-2006, 04:55 PM
yeah the penalty shot was bs, but he could have easily stopped that first goal.

Well I have neva played soccer and I don't care to so I can't really say if it was easy to stop that first goal. But I can say that had Reyna been more careful with the ball, they wouldn't have been in position to score. Then he tried to play hurt, get carried off on a stretcher and then come back 4 minutes later...