PDA

View Full Version : Dulac: Big Ben starting tomorrow night

JCPsteelers
12-18-2011, 10:41 PM
From his twitter

Ben Roethlisberger expected to start tomorrow night against the 49ers. Decision was made even before Ravensí loss in San Diego.

Jazzo
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
With my wife born, raised in San Francisco and a die hard Niners Fan, we are both looking forward to this one tomorrow night! GO STEELERS!!!

jjpro11
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM
let's hope he can finish the game as well.. the offensive line better play with a meaning tomorrow.

tony hipchest
12-18-2011, 11:26 PM
i am reporting that word out of the facility (according to Gerry Dulac of the PPG) is that ben will start.

Of course I dont have a direct link from steelers officials to cite as "evidence" so make of it what you will.

if you need a direct link as proof of what gerry dulac says, feel free to follow gerrydulac yourself on twitter or my re-tweets @Steelers_Fever.

:thumbsup:

desertsteel
12-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Your word is good enough TH

stb_steeler
12-18-2011, 11:35 PM
This is the second good news tonight....:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
12-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Your word is good enough TH

lol... thanks man. if im wrong i will admit it and blame gerry.

im also reporting that N. Korea's kim il jong is dead.

TRH
12-18-2011, 11:37 PM
He has to be very careful back there. I would think we're going to see a lot of quick slant passes like Brady throws.
I can't see our coaching staff letting him stand back there and getting killed and taking the chance of attempting to shake off defenders.

stb_steeler
12-18-2011, 11:38 PM
lol... thanks man. if im wrong i will admit it and blame gerry.

im also reporting that N. Korea's kim il jong is dead.

No....its true hes dead according to my homepage.....:wink02:

tony hipchest
12-18-2011, 11:43 PM
He has to be very careful back there. I would think we're going to see a lot of quick slant passes like Brady throws.
I can't see our coaching staff letting him stand back there and getting killed and taking the chance of attempting to shake off defenders.

that gameplan worked well vs the patriots.

we still havent seen the "pistol" formation and ben loves throwing from shotgun.

anyways, word is he showed enough after saturdays practice that the desision was made even before the ravens loss to the chargers.

tanda10506
12-18-2011, 11:49 PM
We need to run the game plan we ran against the Titans and pats: quick passes and effective running. Wallace and Brown are fast enough to run quick slants all day and get open, plus Miller is great on the quick, short, passes.

Bayz101
12-19-2011, 12:11 AM
I really don't think these guys are as dangerous as the Pats, but that's just me. Guess we'll see tomorrow night.

Bayz101
12-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the info thought Tony. I follow you on twitter, but I don't use it much anymore. I'll be keeping an eye on it for now on.

Bayz101
12-19-2011, 12:18 AM
let's hope he can finish the game as well.. the offensive line better play with a meaning tomorrow.

I want to see them play like they did when Ben came back in the second half of the Browns game. They played knowing they needed to keep him safe, and they did great. By the way, i'm from Mansfield, Ohio. I take advantage of these primetime games, otherwise i'm stuck watching the damn Browns and Bungles!
:chuckle:

Steel_Bus_24
12-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Big Risk, Big Reward:helmet:

Thats why they pay these guys the big bucks

Go get em Steelers:tt03::tt03::tt03:

Bayz101
12-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Big Risk, Big Reward:helmet:

Thats why they pay these guys the big bucks

Go get em Steelers:tt03::tt03::tt03:

You could cut off Ben's arm and he'd still have another. He could adjust to throwing with his left arm and be ready by gameday :chuckle:

jjpro11
12-19-2011, 01:18 AM
I want to see them play like they did when Ben came back in the second half of the Browns game. They played knowing they needed to keep him safe, and they did great. By the way, i'm from Mansfield, Ohio. I take advantage of these primetime games, otherwise i'm stuck watching the damn Browns and Bungles!
:chuckle:

you need to find a friendly local sports bar.. i am sure it is packed with Steelers fans. i haven't missed a game since 2003 (since i got my driver's license) and have never ordered Sunday Ticket.

tanda10506
12-19-2011, 01:52 AM
All these upsets have me nervous but according to the betting websites we are the underdog. I know the niners have a good defense but pat willis is out for them. As long as we shut down Gore we will win, Alex Smith wont beat the leagues best passing defense.

mesaSteeler
12-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Roethlisberger will start against 49ers
Monday, December 19, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

SAN FRANCISCO -- Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is expected to start tonight against the San Francisco 49ers -- and the decision had nothing to with the Baltimore Ravens' loss Sunday night in San Diego that put the Steelers back in control of the AFC North Division.

The Steelers reached the decision to start Roethlisberger before the Ravens' 34-14 loss to the Chargers, which means the Steelers win the division title and get a first-round playoff bye if they win their remaining three games.

Roethlisberger has a Grade I ankle sprain and didn't practice until Saturday, and even then on a limited basis. But he moved around well enough to convince the coaches and medical staff he is able to play.

The Steelers clinched a playoff spot Sunday because of any loss by one of four teams -- the Titans, Jets, Raiders and Broncos. All four lost Sunday.
Gerry Dulac: gdulac@post-gazette.com; twitter: @gerrydulac.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11353/1197954-66.stm#ixzz1gyv7neK0

kirklandrules
12-19-2011, 07:02 AM
You could cut off Ben's arm and he'd still have another. He could adjust to throwing with his left arm and be ready by gameday :chuckle:

Little known fact that Ben is the great, great, great nephew of the Black Knight. Although a bit silly, the Black Knight's never-give-up attitude lives on in Ben today! Thankfully, Ben gets his skills from the other side of the family tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

"You yellow bastards! Come back and take whats coming to ya!"