PDA

View Full Version : Ben Will Have a Great Game Being Hobbled

3rdandlong
12-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Whenever Roethlisberger is at his most injured, usually a leg injury, he seems to be at his best. Ben makes his reads faster and gets the ball out of his hands quicker, much like he does in a late game-winning drive.I think it comes down to the fact that he realizes he can't hold onto the ball forever because he can't scramble like he normally does. And Ben will have to be great tonight because it doesn't look like we'll run the ball effectively against the 49ers D.
So, I think we will this game convincingly, giving us the number one seed in the AFC, and likely retain that spot unless we massively choke against St. Louis or Cleveland.

BlaZeQuietly
12-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Id rather have him be 100%

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2011, 10:53 AM
whenever i hear the word hobbled i think of this .

i5OlolbLXvw

FanSince72
12-19-2011, 11:13 AM
You know, I know that a lot of fans would like to see Ben have some kind of historic game while hobbling around like Willis Reed and I know that would be all kinds of dramatic and would be a great story. But all I really want is for us to have one more point than they do when the clock runs out.

Something really dramatic would be great, but it isn't necessary.

All that's necessary is a "W".

stb_steeler
12-19-2011, 02:23 PM

i5OlolbLXvw

Id kill that bitch......

truesteelerfan
12-19-2011, 02:25 PM
If Bruce does something smart for a change- he will call lots of quick passes, out patterns, etc....Can't do the plays where Ben needs to roll out...So don't call them....It could be a good game plan! But then it is BA

QCbeauBlak
12-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Not worried at all of the game plan. Sometimes it takes extreme adversity for BA to come up with a tight plan. I predict that we will test the run game early with RB by committee. I hope to see plenty of those skinny posts to Brown and Wallace. They are quick and almost guarantee the ball out quick and the movement of the chains. Remember last year when Mike Wallace ran that route against the panthers? That's my favorite play. Don't know if the play action is a viable option but I'd love to see David Johnson get involved out of the backfield and into the flats.

pittpete
12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Don't know if the play action is a viable option but I'd love to see David Johnson get involved out of the backfield and into the flats

Id like to see lots of PA but not with David Johnson in.

frunko1
12-19-2011, 04:36 PM
If Bruce does something smart for a change- he will call lots of quick passes, out patterns, etc....Can't do the plays where Ben needs to roll out...So don't call them....It could be a good game plan! But then it is BA

First play, Qb draw up middle

ETL
12-19-2011, 04:53 PM

i5OlolbLXvw

If that happened to Ben, he would miss maybe two quarters before he comes back in the game.

SteelCurtain5643
12-19-2011, 04:54 PM
theyre still saying hes a game time decision, but how the hell can he not play?

TRH
12-19-2011, 05:11 PM
I don' know, i'm REALLY worried about him back there tonight....its absolutely imperative that he gets rid of ball very quickly

JCPsteelers
12-19-2011, 05:15 PM
I just saw on sportscenter Big Ben kind of limping to the locker room from the bus. He's going to play

Whodis
12-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Ray rat to reported that Ben is "running like his legs are 6" off"? Sounds like he's gonna be shot up pretty good.

Got to get Miller involved with the short passing game!

ETL
12-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Sf is gonna look for the short pass. I quick pump fake and some max protect may yield a long TD.