PDA

View Full Version : Harrison keeps talking.....

TRH
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82531d1a/article/steelers-lb-harrison-tweets-criticism-of-dumervils-sack

For those around here that have been clamoring for James to "shut up and toe the line" can just forget it.
He's CLEARLY not going to stop talking. Now or ever.

He DOES have a point here and we've covered this. How can the NFL flag, fine, or suspend one player....then another player executes the exact same play....and nothing? It's hypocrisy and i'm fully convinced the NFL league office and their referees too, have no idea what their new "rules" are.

Whodis
12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Anyone see the R Lewis helmet to helmet hit in the 1st quarter? No flag and Im sure there won't be a fine for the repeat offender.

harrison'samonster
12-19-2011, 06:05 PM
i was watching the Bengals and the Rams, and I can remember at least two helmet to helmet hits on a quarterback in the pocket that weren't flagged.

TRH
12-19-2011, 06:08 PM
There's no question....that there's not "fair and equal" treatment going on. Harrison gets fined, Lewis and others should get fined. Period. There IS no other argument or debate.
This exact discussion should be at the forefront of media talk, just like Tim Tebow stories are.

TRH
12-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Anyone see the R Lewis helmet to helmet hit in the 1st quarter? No flag and Im sure there won't be a fine for the repeat offender.

He also made a helmet-to-helmet hit against us in game 1 this year. I remember the replay and the announcers quickly mentioning it, then moving on very quickly, like they shouldn't have said anything about it. Very suspicious.

Whodis
12-19-2011, 06:23 PM
He also made a helmet-to-helmet hit against us in game 1 this year. I remember the replay and the announcers quickly mentioning it, then moving on very quickly, like they shouldn't have said anything about it. Very suspicious.

He did get fined for the one on Hines. He would be on the list of habitual rule breakers if he gets fined for the hit last night

LayingTheWoodley56
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
It's no secret this is how James is. We've always seen that he's, not a malcontent, but he has zero qualms about speaking exactly what's on his mind as we saw with the interview in GQ (?) this summer. I would argue that the chip on his shoulder that causes him to speak out like he does is one of his greatest assets as a player. He has a nasty edge to him that comes out on the football field and makes him a wrecking machine. His teammates seem to like and support him, so he's not creating any locker room problems or anything like that. Let him be him, because he's going to be whether you like it or not, both on and off the field. I, for one, miss you #92 and hope we can get the W for you tonight.

stb_steeler
12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Why should he keep quiet, yesterday was the most pathetic display of hits in one day this year......

jjpro11
12-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Why should he keep quiet, yesterday was the most pathetic display of hits in one day this year......

that hit on Brady was pretty ****ing sweet.

guarantee if that was Harrison, they would have flagged him for helmet contact and driving the QB to the ground.

stb_steeler
12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
that hit on Brady was pretty ****ing sweet.

guarantee if that was Harrison, they would have flagged him for helmet contact and driving the QB to the ground.

U got that right........but the back to back helmet hits by the bungholes was ridiculous...

Boomer
12-19-2011, 06:55 PM
And the sissy phyllis simms tried to explain as a good hit. What an idiot...

BlaZeQuietly
12-19-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't think there's any doubt that harrisons hit on McCoy was much more illegal than the one on Brady. The helmet to helmet stuff is very dangerous, I do think harrison may be being singled out a bit, but I don't think there is any reason for it besides for the same reason the "bad kids" get singled out in school or someone that's on probation or parole has stiffer penalties for certain crimes than people who are not.

Bayz101
12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
He has just as much of a right to speak his mind as anyone. I'm glad he is, too.

TRH
12-19-2011, 09:59 PM
And the sissy phyllis simms tried to explain as a good hit. What an idiot...

so its just a "good hit" but when Harrison does it, its flags and fines.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-20-2011, 12:21 AM
He is allowed to talk. When tomlin told the players to not talk he WAS NOT talking to Harrison as he is not allowed to have contact with Harrison.

jjpro11
12-20-2011, 12:23 AM
now all we'll hear from the media is how Harrison is such a bad teammate and selfish for getting suspended and having his team lose.

Lord of Lombardi
12-20-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82531d1a/article/steelers-lb-harrison-tweets-criticism-of-dumervils-sack

For those around here that have been clamoring for James to "shut up and toe the line" can just forget it.
He's CLEARLY not going to stop talking. Now or ever.

He DOES have a point here and we've covered this. How can the NFL flag, fine, or suspend one player....then another player executes the exact same play....and nothing? It's hypocrisy and i'm fully convinced the NFL league office and their referees too, have no idea what their new "rules" are.

And why should he stop? This league sucks anymore! It is a pathetic Piece of She it! They have turned this sport into a little girl's tea party. No 2 a days, no pads unless you have to replace the one between your legs, no textbook tackling if it involves blood, hard hits or things that Momma's boys never dare talk about at ****tail parties. I'm sick of it, sick of Gaydell, sick of this Government type infliction of what used to be football. Now I am stuck watching a game that only Yuppie fooks crave. I'd rather hear James talk and stand up for what we all believe in. So what if he gets fined, that will happen anyways. I don't want him to stop playing the only way a football player should play. ALL OUT. This league will turn you all into the kind of fan they want. Bring your Seltzer water if you're coming to this game because right now THE NFL SUCKS!!!!!! So keep talking James, I'm right behind you.

IowaSteeler927
12-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Harrison should be outspoken. Goodell is a joke and he's bad for the sport. He obviously has it out for Harrison as evidenced by possibly the most questionable suspension in the history of the NFL. Ever Kurt Warner said he shouldn't of been suspended. I think everyone can agree he made a mistake and a fine was okay given the situation but a suspension was an outlandish punishment for a bang bang play where Colt McCoy set himself up to get decked.

There were questionable calls on the field last night as well. The non-existant chop block and the leaping call were both absolutely atrocious. Every game players jump up and down to block punts and I've never seen that called before. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous but Walt Coleman was the head official for the game so terrible calls are to be expected with his less than stellar track record of poor officiating.

finesward
12-20-2011, 09:51 PM
I don't think there's any doubt that harrisons hit on McCoy was much more illegal than the one on Brady. The helmet to helmet stuff is very dangerous, I do think harrison may be being singled out a bit, but I don't think there is any reason for it besides for the same reason the "bad kids" get singled out in school or someone that's on probation or parole has stiffer penalties for certain crimes than people who are not.

"Kill it!" Harrison tweeted. "That's a part of the helmet in the chest, the same thing I got fined for against buffalo last year!"

Harrison is right. He was flagged and docked $25,000 by the NFL last season for helmet contact to the chest of Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

His point was that he was told the rule says you can't make contact with the QB's chest using any part of your helmet, dumervil clearly lead with his helmet, albeit not with the crown. I remember that hit james had on fitz, he pretty much hit him exactly like dumervil did, unblocked and running right through the QB facemask first. Difference is james absolutely destroyed fitz where as tom popped right back up like it was nothing. qb reaction goes a long way in how these are called IMO, and with colt and that fitzpatrick hit the sheer force of a man like james hitting a undersized QB makes it look so much more violent, and illegal, than what comparable hits by other LB's such as the dumervil hit on brady. Same tackle, except james is vilified and fined. At least he has the balls to call out the hypocrisy

finesward
12-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Harrison should be outspoken. Goodell is a joke and he's bad for the sport. He obviously has it out for Harrison as evidenced by possibly the most questionable suspension in the history of the NFL. Ever Kurt Warner said he shouldn't of been suspended. I think everyone can agree he made a mistake and a fine was okay given the situation but a suspension was an outlandish punishment for a bang bang play where Colt McCoy set himself up to get decked.

There were questionable calls on the field last night as well. The non-existant chop block and the leaping call were both absolutely atrocious. Every game players jump up and down to block punts and I've never seen that called before. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous but Walt Coleman was the head official for the game so terrible calls are to be expected with his less than stellar track record of poor officiating.

You didn't see harbaugh, in true douchebaggary fashion jump up and down and cry and whine and beg for the officials to call it? Even the announcers said after it was brought to the attention of the officials that the steelers were jumping they threw the flag. Well ****in' a tomlin should "bring it to the attention" of the officials that every g'damn play james harrison is being held. Lots of steeler "fans" are claiming we were so outcoached yesterday, and maybe we were, but I'd rather have a guy who doesn't whine and bitch to the refs like harbaugh and his douchebag brother. That sets the example for the whole team to follow.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 11:33 PM
You didn't see harbaugh, in true douchebaggary fashion jump up and down and cry and whine and beg for the officials to call it? Even the announcers said after it was brought to the attention of the officials that the steelers were jumping they threw the flag. Well ****in' a tomlin should "bring it to the attention" of the officials that every g'damn play james harrison is being held. Lots of steeler "fans" are claiming we were so outcoached yesterday, and maybe we were, but I'd rather have a guy who doesn't whine and bitch to the refs like harbaugh and his douchebag brother. That sets the example for the whole team to follow.

:thumbsup:

IowaSteeler927
12-21-2011, 02:02 AM

Agreed. I did see Harbaugh whining for a flag. He was making the throwing motion to the refs practically begging them to throw a flag. He's a whiner just like his brother. Precisely why I don't and never will have respect for either of them.

Bayz101
12-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Agreed. I did see Harbaugh whining for a flag. He was making the throwing motion to the refs practically begging them to throw a flag. He's a whiner just like his brother. Precisely why I don't and never will have respect for either of them.

They whine just like their players, set's the perfect tone for the team. They are the perfect coaches for their teams. Whining rednevks.

StainlessStill
12-21-2011, 02:53 AM
All it takes for me to hate both Harbaugh's is the simple sight of their face. They seriously have the kind of face you would just love to POUND your fists on like a beat up, worn punching bag. A "punch me face" if you will.

Their sideline antics are just the cherry on top of brotherly douchery.

IowaSteeler927
12-21-2011, 04:45 AM
All it takes for me to hate both Harbaugh's is the simple sight of their face. They seriously have the kind of face you would just love to POUND your fists on like a beat up, worn punching bag. A "punch me face" if you will.

Their sideline antics are just the cherry on top of brotherly douchery.

:rofl:

Eztarget
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM

I disagree. Brady was standing in the pocket with the ball in his hand ready to throw it. McCoy was OUT of the pocket approaching the line of scrimmage with the ball tucked for a good few seconds just like a RB and only pulled it up and threw it at the very last possible second when he realized Harrison was about to kill him.

If anything McCoy was WAY more of a runner at that point than Brady was.

And under the current rules runners are afforded NO helmet to helmet protection.

Even Peter King agrees with me:

FROM CNNSI:
That said, I urge you to watch the play again. If you're a defensive player and your job is to tackle the ball-carrier, who appears to be in the process of running and not passing, you have to wonder what a defensive player can do in this case. McCoy took five full strides as a runner with the ball tucked under his arm. Just before contact, he pulled the ball out and threw it. By that time, Harrison was already coiling to strike.

He should have aimed lower. We know that. But the fact is, until a split-second before Harrison knew that McCoy was going to throw the ball, he was a runner, with the protection of a running back; that means that he could have been hit in the helmet. I'm just not a big fan of suspending a guy on such a borderline play.

Read more: Here... (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/13/mail/index.html#ixzz1gjB5qbtZ)

McCoy was and should have been treated as a running back.

Current rules:

Source (http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf): Players are banned from using any part of their helmet or face mask to "butt, spear or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily," according to Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8 of the NFL Rulebook, except when going against a runner who isn't considered a defenseless player.

Bayz101
12-22-2011, 02:08 AM
I disagree. Brady was standing in the pocket with the ball in his hand ready to throw it. McCoy was OUT of the pocket approaching the line of scrimmage with the ball tucked for a good few seconds just like a RB and only pulled it up and threw it at the very last possible second when he realized Harrison was about to kill him.

If anything McCoy was WAY more of a runner at that point than Brady was.

And under the current rules runners are afforded NO helmet to helmet protection.

Even Peter King agrees with me:

McCoy was and should have been treated as a running back.

Current rules:

:thumbsup: