PDA

View Full Version : Liking dominant sports team = personality problem?

BlaZeQuietly
12-19-2011, 06:38 PM
My entire life as far as professional sports goes I've paid attention mostly to NFL and MLB. I only have "favorite teams" in those sports. Wouldn't you know they are the New York Yankees and the Pittsburgh Steelers, both of which have the most championships in their respective sports. I do not think I knew this when I first began liking these teams as I was very young, however at the time both teams were doing very well. Does liking these teams make me some type of lunatic or is this natural?

stb_steeler
12-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Is anything really natural anymore?.....lol

Fire Arians
01-12-2012, 03:04 AM
i don't know, what caused you to like the team in the first place?

i started to watch football when I was 7, but wanted to follow a team that everyone else wasn't. at the time, and being from hawaii, everyone rooted for the california teams, mostly the 49ers and raiders. I was watching ESPN one day and they had a documentary on the steel curtain and the history of the steelers, and I was hooked. At the time, the steelers had as many championships as the 49ers (4), but it wasn't the # of championships as much as how nasty that defense looked. I forget how many clips I've seen of lambert I've seen, and the way he played always made me cringe, the dude was an animal.

anyway, when I started following them, they went 9-7 and missed the playoffs, then 8-8 and missed the playoffs the year after. no wagon jumping here lol