PDA

View Full Version : Ed: Steelers Need Turnovers

mesaSteeler
12-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Ed: Steelers Need Turnovers
Monday, 19 December 2011 17:34
Written by Ed Bouchette
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/113974-ed-steelers-need-turnovers

Good evening,

Arrived at Candlestick about an hour ago and it's just as I remember the place -- it's a dump. You won't see that on television, of course, but at least the playing surface looks okay.

Patrick Willis won't play for the 49ers, which is a break for the Steelers, almost as much as James Harrison not playing is one for the 49ers.

Good day, sunny out here right now. Onto some stuff:

-- I was just asked on a San Fran radio show who I thought might have to step up for the Steelers -- other than the ordinary, such as Ben Roethlisberger -- in order for them to win. I mentioned Jason Worilds and their defensive backs, because they need some sacks and turnovers.

-- Even more Steelers fans than I thought. Walked with Gerry around Fisherman's Wharf today and all you saw were fans in Steelers gear. We went to breakfast at a little place near our hotel and there was seating for maybe 30 people. At least 20 were in Steelers gear. :tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

-- The Steelers could use a nice kickoff return from Antonio Brown to get them going because I don't see a whole lot of offense in this one.

-- Going on Sirius Satellite radio right now and I will be on 93.7 The Fan at 7 p.m.

-- Here's an interesting note from the NFL about this game, only the fourth time in 42 years of Monday night football that two teams with such records have met:

MARVELOUS MNF MATCH-UP: Pittsburgh (10-3) will face San Francisco (10-3) on Monday Night Football this week, marking the fourth game in MNF history featuring two teams with at least 10 wins and a winning percentage of .750 or better. The 49ers played in all three previous occurrences.

The Steelers are tied for first in the AFC North and can clinch a playoff spot this week, while the 49ers have secured their first NFC West title since 2002.