PDA

View Full Version : Resigning from the Site (from posting)

Steel - X
06-22-2006, 03:06 PM
I put this in the blast furnace because I know it will get out of control.

Well lets just put it this way I am not going to be posting her anymore. I have been a Steeler fan since I can remember and I just recently (not as recent as some of you closet fans) in August 2005 because my job allowed for me to jump on and talk about the steelers. Well when I first started posting here there were a lot of knowledgable fans here and I respected a lot or for that matter all of them, I mean yes there are a few that got on my nerves but that happens on any site. But since the Steelers won or maybe a little before the Super Bowl is when all the crap started a bunch of front runnin band wagon fans got on board and also a bunch of fans from other teams. Which I can understand happens when a major event takes place. But in my opinon every thread here has had at least one person jumping on with negative responses and not one time have I seen any of the steelersfever "team" stepping up and taking charge in the situation. I am sorry to be going but this place is turning into a dumping ground for immature little fools that have nothing better to do. I may stop by and check in on it a couple of times now and then just to see if anything has changed but until then I just can not do it any more

Regards
Mike
AKA Steel-x

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 03:09 PM

Well lets just put it this way I am not going to be posting her anymore. I have been a Steeler fan since I can remember and I just recently (not as recent as some of you closet fans) in August 2005 because my job allowed for me to jump on and talk about the steelers. Well when I first started posting here there were a lot of knowledgable fans here and I respected a lot or for that matter all of them, I mean yes there are a few that got on my nerves but that happens on any site. But since the Steelers won or maybe a little before the Super Bowl is when all the crap started a bunch of front runnin band wagon fans got on board and also a bunch of fans from other teams. Which I can understand happens when a major event takes place. But in my opinon every thread here has had at least one person jumping on with negative responses and not one time have I seen any of the steelersfever "team" stepping up and taking charge in the situation. I am sorry to be going but this place is turning into a dumping ground for immature little fools that have nothing better to do. I may stop by and check in on it a couple of times now and then just to see if anything has changed but until then I just can not do it any more

Regards
Mike
AKA Steel-x

+ 1 man... Keep the smack in the smack.. And respect eachother outside.. The smack is always in fun anyway.. I dont understand why it has to trickle outside of that forum... I expressed the same feelings via email to the staff.. But noone ever responded

Big D
06-22-2006, 03:10 PM

Regards
Mike
AKA Steel-x

thats pretty weak man. I can say i just joined this forum a couple months ago. And i would have joined awhile ago but i just recently moved to boston from south dakota. And without having any friends out here i've used this site to pass the time. As far as the tools on here i wouldnt sweat them. I think its unneccesary to leave the form man. Stick it out

Steel - X
06-22-2006, 03:14 PM
+ 1 man... Keep the smack in the smack.. And respect eachother outside.. The smack is always in fun anyway.. I dont understand why it has to trickle outside of that forum... I expressed the same feelings via email to the staff.. But noone ever responded
Or why it trickles? Please its out of control here. Its in every thread. To me it is so far out there now there really is nothing they can do.

Steel - X
06-22-2006, 03:17 PM
thats pretty weak man. I can say i just joined this forum a couple months ago. And i would have joined awhile ago but i just recently moved to boston from south dakota. And without having any friends out here i've used this site to pass the time. As far as the tools on here i wouldnt sweat them. I think its unneccesary to leave the form man. Stick it out
Man I hear ya but it has been going on for more than awhile now. Trust me I have no problems at all with some but in every thread you have some one disrespecting someone in every thread its out of line. Your alright in my book man.

Big D
06-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Man I hear ya but it has been going on for more than awhile now. Trust me I have no problems at all with some but in every thread you have some one disrespecting someone in every thread its out of line. Your alright in my book man.
ive had problems with some tools out of the furnace and i've called them out for there disrespect. If it seems that i've started drama it has been intended. I think as steeler fans we should show each other as well as non steeler fans a true and honest ammount of respect

DIESELMAN
06-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Like with a job or anything else in life....Don't EVER let someone run you off.....:helmet:

Steel - X
06-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Like with a job or anything else in life....Don't EVER let someone run you off.....:helmet:
Trust me I am not like that/this but it is out of control lately.

Mosca
06-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I didn't even know about Steelers Fever until right before the Super Bowl. I found it when I was looking for more information than I could get from the official Steelers site.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with others' opinions. That's what makes forums fun. It is a good thing when you get to defend your point of view to someone who has an equal but differing opinion. It helps stretch your mind and makes you a better thinker.

What I DON'T like is rampant fanboyism and jingoism. "Bengals Suck!" bull. It feels like I'm hanging out with a bunch of 14 year olds.

What I DON'T like is being told to go away because I have a different opinion, or because I think that the bandwagon of opinion is wrong. If I have a different opinion from the majority, I'll post why I believe what I do and expect THAT to be attacked; but I don't like being attacked PERSONALLY. Hey, I'm a Steelers fan too... as if that should matter. Steelers fan, Patriots fan, or Bengals fan, counter the words, the ideas. Don't attack the person.

I LIKE SteelersFever because it's the best place to get the latest news. The articles that have been written here and transcribed here, I wouldn't be able to find them anywhere else and by and large they are top notch, well written and insightful.

That's why I read here, but don't post here much. There is a lot of good first-hand information, but very little worthwhile discussion. Once you get past a couple people, there is very little of substance.

Tom

CantStop85
06-22-2006, 03:39 PM
The last few months I think it's become contagious...a few people start doing something stupid and it spreads to the entire board. Perhaps more active moderation would help.

I think Mosca has the right idea.

Ohio Steeler
06-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Trust me I am not like that/this but it is out of control lately.

give the mods'/admins time they will get it under control

Steel - X
06-22-2006, 03:50 PM
It should have to come from me though it should have been takin care of in my opinion.

bengalforlife
06-22-2006, 03:52 PM

It's so funny you guys all say that. It was Big D and you that were really bad with me when all I wanted to do is talk football and you go to the trailertrash pics and BS. Steel has class and is a cool (I'll even capatize) STEELER FAN. I just wish I could say the same for all of you.

Big D
06-22-2006, 03:53 PM
It's so funny you guys all say that. It was Big D and you that were really bad with me when all I wanted to do is talk football and you go to the trailertrash pics and BS. Steel has class and is a cool (I'll even capatize) STEELER FAN. I just wish I could say the same for all of you.
you have to be kidding me!!! you brought all that trash in on your own. I'm not feeling sorry for you in the least bit

DIESELMAN
06-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Since I've been here I've gotten into several intellectual debates where everybody expressed their opinions in an intelligent manner. When I start seeing people acting like 14year olds I either let them know in my own special way without stooping to their level or I walk the hell away. This a damn good site bro you do what you feel like you gotta do.....:helmet:

Steel12
06-22-2006, 04:01 PM
What I DON'T like is being told to go away because I have a different opinion, or because I think that the bandwagon of opinion is wrong. If I have a different opinion from the majority, I'll post why I believe what I do and expect THAT to be attacked; but I don't like being attacked PERSONALLY. Hey, I'm a Steelers fan too... as if that should matter. Steelers fan, Patriots fan, or Bengals fan, counter the words, the ideas. Don't attack the person.

Totally agree...some people on here have gotten on me for not agreein with their opinion. Then, when I get disrespected and defend myself...I'm to blame. LOL...I guess with every site you have the older crowd who don't give newbies a chance. I'm not goin anywhere though...I enjoy this site much betta than the Steelers.com MB.

Ohio Steeler
06-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Since I've been here I've gotten into several intellectual debates where everybody expressed their opinions in an intelligent manner. When I start seeing people acting like 14year olds I either let them know in my own special way without stooping to their level or I walk the hell away. This a damn good site bro you do what you feel like you gotta do.....:helmet:

well said I know I have done somethings that have gone out of control but when someone calls me a bandwagon fan or a troll on my own teams forums I will fight back, I found Steelersfever just after the super bowl by way of google I would have been here a long time ago however I did not have a high speed internet and was on dial up now as for it going out of control on my part I did not mean for some of it to happen so what I have been doing now is using the Ignore option and adding the trolls to my list as soon as I see they are here only to start trouble this way I can not see what they post and will not go off if they say something I dont like...

Lyn
06-22-2006, 04:02 PM
I completely agree with Dieselman. If a person is at a site and is unhappy with the way things are handled, they should walk away. The Mods canot make everyone happy, you are messing with the freedom of speech hate mail they all would receive. They ae damned if they do and they are damned if they don't. I think the Mods here do an awesome job of staying out of the way. Anyone who is unhappy ..........do yourself a favor and leave.

CowherLover
06-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Steel, I feel ya man! I quit comin here last year for a bit and the greatest lady poster on this board (SG) talked me into comin back and not letting anyone chase me away. It's difficult at times but I agree with you that it's WAY different than what it was when it started. Not slammin on Prosdo or Blitz cause maybe they're tryin to find their way too. *shrugs* I've been hopin the stupid s h i t just goes away. Peace man!

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I think most of this can be under control with a little help from the mods.. If Steel - x leaves on the account of 3 or 4 useless posters, that would be a disappointment.. Steel X is a class act

Big D
06-22-2006, 04:04 PM
I think most of this can be under control with a little help from the mods.. If Steel - x leaves on the account of 3 or 4 useless posters, that would be a disappointment.. Steel X is a class act
agreed

Big D
06-22-2006, 04:11 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7935
if you give this guy any sympathy go look into this thread. Dont let the changed picture fool you

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 04:13 PM
If I see a thread that doesn't appeal to me in anyway I just walk away from it. There are still some pretty good people on this site who can articulate themselves in an educated\knowledgeable way. I believe the trolls\ignorant users are a dime a dozen especially after just winning the Super Bowl. I wonder if the 49ers forums are having these same issues? Either way, I choose what threads I want to subscribe to.

Big D
06-22-2006, 04:15 PM
If I see a thread that doesn't appeal to me in anyway I just walk away from it. There are still some pretty good people on this site who can articulate themselves in an educated\knowledgeable way. I believe the trolls\ignorant users are a dime a dozen especially after just winning the Super Bowl. I wonder if the 49ers forums are having these same issues? Either way, I choose what threads I want to subscribe to.
this is true. as it has been said before you have haters that just come in here because they envy the steelers and feel the need to talk the trash

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Steel, I feel ya man! I quit comin here last year for a bit and the greatest lady poster on this board (SG) talked me into comin back and not letting anyone chase me away. It's difficult at times but I agree with you that it's WAY different than what it was when it started. Not slammin on Prosdo or Blitz cause maybe they're tryin to find their way too. *shrugs* I've been hopin the stupid s h i t just goes away. Peace man!
Also, with the amount of traffic that has come in as of late it's probably next to impossible to police all the forums.

Ohio Steeler
06-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Also, with the amount of traffic that has come in as of late it's probably next to impossible to police all the forums.

with only 2 mod's and 1 admin yeh it has got to be hard for sure

CowherLover
06-22-2006, 04:19 PM
It's happening more and more frequently in threads that you would not expect it happen in. I can honestly say that I have been guilty very recently of doing what he has described and I apologized to that person for doing so. I think the PM feature is something that should be used more frequently if you have a problem with someone. It's there for a reason. I'll go on record as saying that I had to apologize to Lamberts Lost Tooth because I was a b*tch and it wasn't nesessary. In the future if I have a problem I'll PM that individual and not drag it out. It's irritating to have to go through the rants to find the actual content in a thread that goes off topic.

Big D
06-22-2006, 04:19 PM
with only 2 mod's and 1 admin yeh it has got to be hard for sure
I remeber when i posted a duplicate thread on accident they even deleted it

Steel12
06-22-2006, 04:20 PM

I'm sure every site has it's problems with people arguing, trolls and what not. I don't see why it would bother someone enough to actually leave though. JMO...

Big D
06-22-2006, 04:20 PM
It's happening more and more frequently in threads that you would not expect it happen in. I can honestly say that I have been guilty very recently of doing what he has described and I apologized to that person for doing so. I think the PM feature is something that should be used more frequently if you have a problem with someone. It's there for a reason. I'll go on record as saying that I had to apologize to Lamberts Lost Tooth because I was a b*tch and it wasn't nesessary. In the future if I have a problem I'll PM that individual and not drag it out. It's irritating to have to go through the rants to find the actual content in a thread that goes off topic.
maybe we all need to start acting like adults and when we have issues with someone we just need to pm

Prosdo
06-22-2006, 04:25 PM
It is hard to keep an eye on all the forums since SF has gotten bigger, but Matt and I are doing the best we can. If you guys have an issue or problem with something on the site or something a person is doing please pm one of us or report the post by clicking the little icon by the thumbs down. That would help greatly with clearing things up. We also try not to over patrol the boards because well everyone would be in trouble for something at one point in time then lol But as recently I haven't received any pms or e-mail with complaints with the exception of one which I am working on.

CantStop85
06-22-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm hoping it's just the long offseason that's gotten everybody so grumpy.

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm sure every site has it's problems with people arguing, trolls and what not. I don't see why it would bother someone enough to actually leave though. JMO...
Don't know either.

Prosdo
06-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Also Steel I hope you don't leave because I'd hate to see a few trolls or such run off good members.

SteelerFanInCA
06-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Also Steel I hope you don't leave because I'd hate to see a few trolls or such run off good members.
Amen to that!!!!

Big D
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Amen to that!!!!
are we all about to make peace. I for one apologize to everyone I may have offended... EXCEPT BENGALFORLIFE. but seriously besides him i dont have an issue with anyone

Prosdo
06-22-2006, 04:35 PM
As I said guys if you feel something needs taken care of please pm either Matt or me. We will do the best we can to assist you.

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Why cant we all just get along!!!!!! :D

Prosdo
06-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Why cant we all just get along!!!!!! :D

Ah, now that is the question! I can manage to get along with all you Bengals fans lol

Big D
06-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Ah, now that is the question! I can manage to get along with all you Bengals fans lol
I have anger management issues that need to be resolved as far as raider fans are concerened.. even though i think s&b is pretty cool

Prosdo
06-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Well pm me and we will correct it. I may have to take money out of the donation jar for a punching bag for you though lol

Big D
06-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Well pm me and we will correct it. I may have to take money out of the donation jar for a punching bag for you though lol
i'm thinking so

ARKIESTEEL
06-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Steel-X and the rest of you guys and girls, If I have upset anyone in any way shape or form then I am sorry and I mean that too I still feel like a guest since I am new and am trying my best to fit in. Thanks for letting me in and for the most part makeing me feel welcome. I hope any conducted that I have shown to be in poor taste will get pointed out to me so I can correct it. Steel-X I dont know you that well but i sure hope you dont leave.
We are the Steeler Nation ever one of us even this dumb redneck from Arkansas.

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 05:04 PM

And I get along with all of you... Its like two small countries at war around here and its duh to just a few asshats.. Well.. And all of stillers.com lol

Speaking of which.. I think I made a big impression on SOMEONE.. CHeck out my great rep

:shakeno:

Prosdo
06-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Holy crap Brian! That's the worst rep I have ever seen lol

Big D
06-22-2006, 05:08 PM
he gets about as much love as I do :(

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 05:08 PM
And I get along with all of you... Its like two small countries at war around here and its duh to just a few asshats.. Well.. And all of stillers.com lol

Speaking of which.. I think I made a big impression on SOMEONE.. CHeck out my great rep

:shakeno:

Dude just like 20 minutes ago you had positive 5 rep points. What happen in that time?

Big D
06-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Dude just like 20 minutes ago you had positive 5 rep points. What happen in that time?
haha i saw that too

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 05:09 PM
What can I say.. I just donated to help ya'll out.. I am broke, so it wasnt much, but I wanna show my appreciation for the great site and I hope it stays that way...

Prosdo
06-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Thats awesome Brian! Much appreciated!

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 05:10 PM
he gets about as much love as I do :(
Dude... I dont even remember the last time I had over 50 rep... lol

Ehh.. Suit makes his rounds on me once a week or so to keep me in check... :shrug:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
wow u mean theres people in this group that actually like brian? lol

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey.. Your rep sucks too!!!!

:woot:

Prosdo
06-22-2006, 05:14 PM

You know its eww because he is a Bengals fan, but he isn't that bad lol

Big D
06-22-2006, 05:15 PM
hey prosdo this is one of the problem childs on this site

Prosdo
06-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Ah I see

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 05:16 PM

u can redirect that statement to tony hipchest

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 05:17 PM
He aint all that bad once you get to know him... I think we should just start clean slate and all....

I did become an ass for a few day a few weeks ago, and I appologized.. Ever since, I think I have been pretty good

All we are saying... Is give peace a chance.. lol

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Hey.. Your rep sucks too!!!!

:woot:

well when u get into arguments with those fools u can never win

ARKIESTEEL
06-22-2006, 05:19 PM

Did i not tell you last night that you won????

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Comeon now man.. Let the fools comments go..

As Steel X would say..

Spread the love!

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
Did i not tell you last night that you won????

hey u are cool man, i wasnt talking about you

mainly tony and a few others.

ARKIESTEEL
He aint all that bad once you get to know him... I think we should just start clean slate and all....

I did become an ass for a few day a few weeks ago, and I appologized.. Ever since, I think I have been pretty good

All we are saying... Is give peace a chance.. lol

This man has a good idea.

Big D
06-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Ok who wants a hug

ARKIESTEEL
06-22-2006, 05:22 PM
hey u are cool man, i wasnt talking about you

mainly tony and a few others.

I know but didnt I tell you when you was right and when I thought you was wrong? I also said you win and I was done with it right? So we are not all one way or the other

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Ok who wants a hug
Thats the spirit!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 05:25 PM
We need the season to start. All this love and hugging stuff is freaking me out. Not saying there is anything wrong with it. But we need the season to start.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 05:25 PM
I know but didnt I tell you when you was right and when I thought you was wrong? I also said you win and I was done with it right? So we are not all one way or the other

tru

these guys dont know that they arent funny, and they cant comprehend english either. they said nothing relevant to what i post just make things up

my personal fav

brian is a toiletbrush

lol????? (sorry i had to use that one brian but damn those guys are the "serfs of smack", not the kings of comedy) :smile:

Big D
06-22-2006, 05:26 PM
We need the season to start. All this love and hugging stuff is freaking me out. Not saying there is anything wrong with it. But we need the season to start.
it's called boredom. nothing else to talk about besides peace and love

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 05:27 PM
tru

these guys dont know that they arent funny, and they cant comprehend english either. they said nothing relevant to what i post just make things up

my personal fav

brian is a toiletbrush

lol????? (sorry i had to use that one brian but damn those guys are the "serfs of smack", not the kings of comedy) :smile:
I am a toiletbrush now?? lol

Steel.. You need a love thread.. I still feel anger in here..

And its not 'These guys' It should be.. 'Some of the people here'.. ;)

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 05:28 PM
it's called boredom. nothing else to talk about besides peace and love

I know thats why I stated we need the season to start. I have no problems with peace at all. I like to live my life peacefully without any drama.

BengalBrian
06-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Peace to all the + Reppers out there.. I would rep you back, but it wouldnt help any.. So... Maybe someday.. lol

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Steel.. You need a love thread.. I still feel anger in here..

And its not 'These guys' It should be.. 'Some of the people here'.. ;)

your right, i just meant the guys that like to talk smack as "these guys"
not the whole forum

and yes steel needs a love thread, right smack dab in the blast furnace

tony hipchest
06-22-2006, 05:36 PM

:sofunny: i think mr takezituptheanus has earned that title from you. but he does seem so nice when hes not talking about handicapped and disabled children.

no need to leave steel-x. its just the off season

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 05:43 PM
:sofunny: i think mr takezituptheanus has earned that title from you. but he does seem so nice when hes not talking about handicapped and disabled children.

no need to leave steel-x. its just the off season

when people know how to have a resonable smack convo and not 3rd grade trash i can be a cool guy :cool:

CantStop85
06-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Group hug. :grouphug:

http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/0796MakeLoveNot.jpg

DIESELMAN
06-22-2006, 06:04 PM
LMAO....I agree........venting and blowing off steam is one thing but getting carried away with stupid remarks about peoples' families and a lot of cursing always kills me.....

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 06:08 PM
LMAO....I agree........venting and blowing off steam is one thing but getting carried away with stupid remarks about peoples' families and a lot of cursing always kills me.....

When people start getting carried away I usually don't even waste my time to give a response to those people. I can get carried away myself at times. But I try to be a cool cat and just try to conversate about the Steelers or the NFL.

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 06:08 PM

u are right

tony hipchest
06-22-2006, 06:12 PM
when people know how to have a resonable smack convo and not 3rd grade trash i can be a cool guy :cool:

RIIIIGHT :rolleyes:

-u know steelers fans arent the smartest in the world.... " kicking it off with a bang in post #1

-im tryin to save you guys from looking like complete nimrods thats all "

-trust me that wasnt the reason i signed up. its always fun to keep your finger on the pulse of idiots"

-i dropped it after seeing you get rammed by bubba
i never seen 12 inches fit so easily before, you must have had a lot of practice

-i came in here to talk shit, this is the thread to do...

-like your d*ck with any girl u try to score with? or your mom?

-ENGLISH MOTHA ****A, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

-ya when ur girl was cybering with us, why u ask?

-no sir thats where ur girl wishes she had a real man and not some steeler loving inbred hick from Arkansas

-u started talkin to me so u can be the one that puts a stop to this. maybe ur sister wants some lovin? go check, and tell me how it was. and send pics of the deformed child...

-i wasnt sayin me ****nut.

- but ya they do, and so does ur girl... like when you ask her for sex....

-and i dont care if it isnt wired or not, it should be anyways, regardless of injury

-believe me alot more people than bengals fans hate the steelers, and probably hate you even more c*o*c*k*s*u*c*k*e*r

-that doesnt mean I take it up the anus, BEN DOES U CORK-SOAKING QUEEN

-go wipe your ass with your yellow towel

-can you not f*ckin read??

-i am neither big bengay nor a ref so that would not inlcude me...

-i figured all your pansies would get butthurt for the sucking off the refs comment... thanks for the neg rep all you "anonymous" users. way to be a lil b*tch

any football related smack youd like to share rather than flaming on members and calling ben a homo? you got a team youd like to declare or are you just gonna hide behind the dodgers logo. (note the "regular" smack)

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 06:26 PM
RIIIIGHT :rolleyes:

any football related smack youd like to share rather than flaming on members and calling ben a homo? you got a team youd like to declare or are you just gonna hide behind the dodgers logo. (note the "regular" smack)

and the first regular smack ive gotten from you, weak, but regular none the less. no homo jokes, im proud

you prob think im some bandwagoner, but i actually like the raiders. ya we sucked last few yrs but u can blame that on our coach (gone) and qb (gone) so i hope to improve the next few years, i say playoffs in 3 years.

Suitanim
06-22-2006, 06:48 PM
and the first regular smack ive gotten from you, weak, but regular none the less. no homo jokes, im proud

you prob think im some bandwagoner, but i actually like the raiders. ya we sucked last few yrs but u can blame that on our coach (gone) and qb (gone) so i hope to improve the next few years, i say playoffs in 3 years.

What about...oh...um...say, that batsh#t crazy owner? No culpability on his part? After all, he hired the coach, and picked the QB's

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 06:57 PM
What about...oh...um...say, that batsh#t crazy owner? No culpability on his part? After all, he hired the coach, and picked the QB's

u mean the crazy owner that helped merge the AFL and the NFL? or the one who built the NFLs most winningest team? just wondering.... he hired the coach yes but that doesnt make it his fault. and he did not pick collins as a starter, gannon got hurt 2 yrs ago he was our starter, and collins filled in for him. and please dont say anything about brooks since he hasnt played a down for us yet. not to mention our new coach.

tony hipchest
06-22-2006, 07:01 PM
u mean the crazy owner that helped merge the AFL and the NFL? or the one who built the NFLs most winningest team? just wondering.... he hired the coach yes but that doesnt make it his fault. and he did not pick collins as a starter, gannon got hurt 2 yrs ago he was our starter, and collins filled in for him. and please dont say anything about brooks since he hasnt played a down for us yet. not to mention our new coach.new "old" coach. if it took j. gibbs this long to get back into the swing of things (plus 2 excellent coordinators) imagine how hard it will be for shell.

gannon was pretty old when he was acquired from the cheifs. sure he had low mileage, and gas in the tank, that he used but a contingency plan shoulda been in place other than tuiassosopo. wasted money and pick seeing that he hasnt been developped.

just wondering- how do you think i would be received if i joined a raders board as "gannons broken neck"?

*looking for an honest answer here*

Suitanim
06-22-2006, 07:04 PM
u mean the crazy owner that helped merge the AFL and the NFL? or the one who built the NFLs most winningest team? just wondering.... he hired the coach yes but that doesnt make it his fault. and he did not pick collins as a starter, gannon got hurt 2 yrs ago he was our starter, and collins filled in for him. and please dont say anything about brooks since he hasnt played a down for us yet. not to mention our new coach.

Ed Gein wasn't ALWAYS crazy...but, by the time it was all over, he was making lamp shades out of women's skin and eating soup out of human skull soup bowl's.

It's a gradual process. A warning sign may have been using a 1st round draft pick on a kicker who was facing deportation for being a habitual criminal. Someone SHOULD have done an intervention even then, and that was YEARS ago...

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 07:05 PM
new "old" coach. if it took j. gibbs this long to get back into the swing of things (plus 2 excellent coordinators) imagine how hard it will be for shell.

gannon was pretty old when he was acquired from the cheifs. sure he had low mileage, and gas in the tank, that he used but a contingency plan shoulda been in place other than tuiassosopo. wasted money and pick seeing that he hasnt been developped.

our "plan" was collins but who knows what that racist drunk was thinking.... gibbs didnt have the personell shell has when he first came back. like i said 3 years to make the playoffs, even tho i am hoping for sooner!

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Ed Gein wasn't ALWAYS crazy...but, by the time it was all over, he was making lamp shades out of women's skin and eating soup out of human skull soup bowl's.

It's a gradual process. A warning sign may have been using a 1st round draft pick on a kicker who was facing deportation for being a habitual criminal. Someone SHOULD have done an intervention even then, and that was YEARS ago...

al davis is the answer to number one. sorry

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 07:09 PM
new "old" coach. if it took j. gibbs this long to get back into the swing of things (plus 2 excellent coordinators) imagine how hard it will be for shell.

just wondering- how do you think i would be received if i joined a raders board as "gannons broken neck"?

but alas, my name is imaginary, as bens jaw is not wired shut. which was the funny part. but if i came in here and ben had lost an eyeball, and i named myself bens missing eye, then that would be different (and WAY worse, something i wouldnt do)

tony hipchest
06-22-2006, 07:10 PM
our "plan" was collins but who knows what that racist drunk was thinking.... gibbs didnt have the personell shell has when he first came back. like i said 3 years to make the playoffs, even tho i am hoping for sooner! in case you didnt catch my edit:

and who is shells personnel that is gonna work wonders. i know they got the old lineman in the r. grimm mold (i cant think of his name right now but he should be a descent coach) but none of the others step to saunders or williams. or any of the steelers assistants

tony hipchest
06-22-2006, 07:14 PM
but alas, my name is imaginary, as bens jaw is not wired shut. which was the funny part. but if i came in here and ben had lost an eyeball, and i named myself bens missing eye, then that would be different (and WAY worse, something i wouldnt do) ok so if i named myself "gannon the quadripalegic" how would i be received?

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 07:15 PM
in case you didnt catch my edit:

and who is shells personnel that is gonna work wonders. i know they got the old lineman in the r. grimm mold (i cant think of his name right now but he should be a descent coach) but none of the others step to saunders or williams. or any of the steelers assistants

i caught it after my first response

jackie slater is the OL COACH

but i meant personel as in players, not coaches

JORDAN
MOSS
PORTER
CURRY
and thats just the RB and WRs...

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 07:16 PM
ok so if i named myself "gannon the quadripalegic" how would i be received?

lmao

tony hipchest
06-22-2006, 07:19 PM
thats right. the rams jackie slater. cant remember if he got votet into the hof for sure but im pretty sure it was the year elway and sanders went in. infact, im remembering his hof acceptance speech right now, not positive on the year though.

and "yeah right" if i joined a raders forum with that name and being received with laughture and tossed roses.

Mosca
06-22-2006, 08:12 PM
A little off track, but,

Ed Gein wasn't ALWAYS crazy...

Yeah he was.

A brief history of Eddie Gein (http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/notorious/gein/bill_1.html)

Tom

3 to be 4
06-22-2006, 08:59 PM

What a ****in endorsement that is! :dang:

SteelersFever
06-22-2006, 09:09 PM

Regards
Mike
AKA Steel-x

I think it's very ignorant to say that because a person joined in event of the Super Bowl he/she is considered a bandwagon fan. During this time, Steelers Fever had received a lot more traffic which equates to increased membership.

At the time you joined, Steelers Fever was relatively unknown. I think what you miss is similar to that small town in the desert where everyone knows each other. Change happens, growth happens. And just like that small town in the desert, not everyone is going to be happy when outsiders begin to move in.

I do regret that you would criticise the Steelers Fever staff in public when we are all doing are best to make sure the rules are followed.

I feel that the integrity of Steelers Fever is unmatched by any other Steelers message board and I feel damn proud having the group of members that Steelers Fever does have.

Koopa
06-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I think it's very ignorant to say that because a person joined in event of the Super Bowl he/she is considered a bandwagon fan. During this time, Steelers Fever had received a lot more traffic which equates to increased membership.

At the time you joined, Steelers Fever was relatively unknown. I think what you miss is similar to that small town in the desert where everyone knows each other. Change happens, growth happens. And just like that small town in the desert, not everyone is going to be happy when outsiders begin to move in.

I do regret that you would criticise the Steelers Fever staff in public when we are all doing are best to make sure the rules are followed.

I feel that the integrity of Steelers Fever is unmatched by any other Steelers message board and I feel damn proud having the group of members that Steelers Fever does have.

that's why i like this place so much. i thought i'd be banned a long time ago with some of the stuff that i've said lol. you run a great site SF....alright that's enough ass kissing for the year lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-22-2006, 09:19 PM

I think you guys do a great job and I love this sight. I enjoy my time on this sight and talking with all of the Steelers Nation on here. I also enjoy conversating with the other teams fans on here as well. Of course there are some bad apples. But that can not be avoided on any forum.

tony hipchest
06-22-2006, 09:38 PM
I feel that the integrity of Steelers Fever is unmatched by any other Steelers message board and I feel damn proud having the group of members that Steelers Fever does have. prosdo blitz and yourself do a great job and personally i try to always remember the tasks they have and thank them via the +rep feature.

the blast furnace is a good forum. it serves a purpose (especially in the offseason) and lets people vent, talk smack, or get whatever they may have, out of their system. it rarely boils over into the other forums, otherwise ive seen boards turn to crap and shut down.

you would think a corporation as big as viacom/cbs (cbssportsline) would be able to run a board as well as this one has been run. but without the attention the 3 of you have provided, its football forum has been pretty gridlocked due to off season shennanigans and lack of moderation.

it is the offseason. trolls and new opposing teams fans will want to join and steelersfever as a whole will welcome them with open arms.

but steelerfans are some of the proudest fans and if people trash their team they should expect nothing less than to get blasted in return.

Ambridge
06-22-2006, 09:43 PM

I haven't been to a message board yet where everyone sits around, holds hands and sings Kumba Ya.
I for one would hate to see this place turn into a "I gotta watch what I post because I might hurt someones overly sensative feelings".
There's always going to be some friction from time to time among posters especially when there's an exchange of opinions involved and generally if you just ignore certain posters who get under your skin they eventually go away........well, most of the times.

Anyways some of you need to stop being a bunch of Nancies and grow some thicker skin.:grin:

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 10:03 PM

whoever gave me negative rep points for this message is a loser

CowherLover
06-22-2006, 10:06 PM
I'll repeat what I said ealier that the PM feature needs to be used more frequently. If you have a problem with someone take it to them directly and not drag everyone else into it, period! It's not about hugs and kisses but damn, people take things personally sometimes, like I did, and make it something it shouldn't be. Maybe an area that features political views wouldn't be a bad idea. That is a big area of animosity for some of us that are in keeping with the times. It's hard to keep those feelings in check. I know this isn't a political blog but we all have a certain amount of respect for each other since we are "kindred spirits" of sorts. Just throwin' it out there. I love this site and that's why I came back. That's why my post are so low, because I have to shut my mouth so much, lol!!!!!!

SteelerzGirl
06-22-2006, 10:08 PM

Thanks, girlie! I'm really glad you're back. :smile:

Steel-X... I really hope you will reconsider leaving Steelers Fever because I know I'm one of the members who would like to see you stick around! :smile:

tony hipchest
06-22-2006, 10:20 PM
whoever gave me negative rep points for this message is a loser sorry but i gotta laugh. i give you props for admitting being a raiders fan on a steelers board. but just cause its in the blast furnace, doenst mean you have to include EVERY post of yours with the weak brand of smack you alluded to. thats probably why you got neg repped.

but youve already stated you didnt come here to talk football right? "thats what the raiders boards are for"?

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 10:30 PM
sorry but i gotta laugh. i give you props for admitting being a raiders fan on a steelers board. but just cause its in the blast furnace, doenst mean you have to include EVERY post of yours with the weak brand of smack you alluded to. thats probably why you got neg repped.

but youve already stated you didnt come here to talk football right? "thats what the raiders boards are for"?

dude, u asked me who my team was and i told you.

tony hipchest
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
dude, u asked me who my team was and i told you.

dude, i know. your point is?

Geez aka #1 KC Hater
06-22-2006, 11:04 PM

this is my point

Motley Nate
06-23-2006, 02:20 AM
As I said guys if you feel something needs taken care of please pm either Matt or me. We will do the best we can to assist you.
I've always thought the staff here has managed this site quite well. There's only 3 of you but you do a helluva lot with as many members. That gets lost when the actions of a negative handful overshadow anything positive effort put forth by a group.

Hawk Believer
06-23-2006, 03:24 AM
I've always thought the staff here has managed this site quite well. There's only 3 of you but you do a helluva lot with as many members. That gets lost when the actions of a negative handful overshadow anything positive effort put forth by a group.

I agree. As I have said before, I think the mods do a great job here of resisting the urge to pull the trigger too often. I have seen a lot of over-banning go on in other boards and it can destroy the community. Its much better to reserve that power for special occasions (like when someone starts to publish personal info of someone involved in an auto accident with a certain QB). The rest of the community can then take responsibility for the tone of a baord by identifing lame behavior, calling people on it in a civil manner, and then trying to not to feed the beast by sinking to the troll's level.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-23-2006, 06:39 AM
Well this is an interesting thread. The BF was created to house all the topics that need to be discuss in a heated fashion when it comes to the Steelers. It does its job well, and that's why we have a disclaimer or warning message posted in the forum description when you enter the BF. It's not always for the meek of heart around here and you can have a very enjoyable SF experience even if you never come in here and participate. We try not to let the controversy seap over into the other forums but sometimes it does, it just happens..either one of us mods misses it completely, or doesnt catch it in time before alot of people get to see that maybe don't want too, but I'd rather miss something here and there then over-moderate as many of you have mentioned and turn this place into a monestary because nobody wants to post for fear of being slapped by the gods.

I enjoy chatting with you all on the boards and in PM and email. I appreciate everybodys input alot and SF has a great member base of diversity. We've grown in a huge way over the last year and half or so. You'll always have some that like to stir the pot and push their limits, but overall, I wouldnt trade this site for anything. !

Big D
06-23-2006, 08:47 AM
i caught it after my first response

jackie slater is the OL COACH

but i meant personel as in players, not coaches

JORDAN
MOSS
PORTER
CURRY
and thats just the RB and WRs...
ok let me get this straight. you think a mediocore running back 2 mediocore wr and a injury prone reciever who hasnt been healthy are building foundations for your franchise. Quit drinking that raider kool aid

Steel - X
06-23-2006, 08:58 AM

Well since you cleared up all my question maybe I will stick around. :rolleyes: So now you are calling me ignorant the law of the land around here is taking shots at me because I voiced my opinion on how I dont want to post here anymore.

Trust me the staff around here is great Prosdo and Blitz do the best they can with over 2000 users I know when I signed up how many people were here and I am glad you have made it this far, it has to feel good.

So really thanks for all your kind words makes me feel welcome!

To all the others thanks for the nice things that were said, I will be around (ref the title of this thread) I just wont be posting.

SteelerzGirl
06-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Well since you cleared up all my question maybe I will stick around. :rolleyes: So now you are calling me ignorant the law of the land around here is taking shots at me because I voiced my opinion on how I dont want to post here anymore.

Trust me the staff around here is great Prosdo and Blitz do the best they can with over 2000 users I know when I signed up how many people were here and I am glad you have made it this far, it has to feel good.

So really thanks for all your kind words makes me feel welcome!

To all the others thanks for the nice things that were said, I will be around (ref the title of this thread) I just wont be posting.

Well, I'm glad you'll still be around sometimes, Steel-X. I just hope, in time, you'll start posting again. Good luck and best wishes. Stay true to the Black 'n Gold! :smile:

Steel - X
06-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Well, I'm glad you'll still be around sometimes, Steel-X. I just hope, in time, you'll start posting again. Good luck and best wishes. Stay true to the Black 'n Gold! :smile:
Will Always Bleed the black and Gold

Livinginthe past
06-23-2006, 09:29 AM
I remember when Clevestinks tried to leave this forum.

Turns out the force of Steelerfever was too strong and it pulled him straight back in.

Many have tried to escape.......few have succeeded.

NM

SteelersFever
06-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Until you can prove to me that someone is indeed a bandwagon fan, it is all assumption and especially very ignorant to criticise them for registering.

Nobody is stopping you from voicing your opinion. You need to get your shit straight. And by the way, if you want to leave, leave. I'm not going to beg a member to stay if he/she does not want to.

Obviously, you have some personal issues with Steelers Fever. I have a few suggestions for other Steelers message boards that may help you feel more at home.

www.mcmillenandwife.com
www.steelernation.com
www.steelreign.com
discuss.pittsburghlive.com
www.stillers.com
www.maximumgrilledsteelers.com
www.nflfans.com/steelers
www.burghsportsguys.com

Steel - X
06-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Until you can prove to me that someone is indeed a bandwagon fan, it is all assumption and especially very ignorant to criticise them for registering.

Nobody is stopping you from voicing your opinion. You need to get your shit straight. And by the way, if you want to leave, leave. I'm not going to beg a member to stay if he/she does not want to.

Obviously, you have some personal issues with Steelers Fever. I have a few suggestions for other Steelers message boards that may help you feel more at home.

www.mcmillenandwife.com
www.steelernation.com
www.steelreign.com
discuss.pittsburghlive.com
www.stillers.com
www.maximumgrilledsteelers.com
www.nflfans.com/steelers
www.burghsportsguys.com

What the hell does that have to do with what I posted in the reply to you? Wow, coming from the administrator of thie site that is awfully low to broadcast how you want me to leave so bad. Maybe thats why all this is going on because you could give a crap.

Was great trying to work this out with you brother. I thought you were one of the good guys? Guess I was wrong.:rolleyes:

Steelhorse
06-23-2006, 10:11 AM
:popcorn:

SteelersFever
06-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Keep guessing, you'll never know the truth. Thread closed. If you have further questions or comments you are very welcome to PM me.