PDA

View Full Version : FIRE TOMLIN NOW!

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Worst coach in the league that is living off of Cowher's players!

* Team is never prepared
* No game plan
* Shitty play calling
* Cannot read a game clock
* Opposing D can predict every play

Wait maybe he will "unleash hell" these next 2 games.

What a joke.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:08 AM

* Team is never prepared
* No game plan
* Shitty play calling

What a joke.

Ok.

:wink02:

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:10 AM

* Team is never prepared
* No game plan
* Shitty play calling

What a joke.

And just so you know, Bruce Arians calls the plays. If the opposing D can predict every play, who does it fall on?

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:12 AM
What's his title again?

Corey_J
12-20-2011, 01:12 AM
another moron to be banned................holy chit !

madtowndrunkard
12-20-2011, 01:13 AM
....emotions getting the best of you....

Yes Tomlin is no Bill Cowher. He can win most games because he has more talent then the competition.... he's got a good supporting cast to help him "coach" the team. But that was a game were we were clearly out coached. Props to Harbaugh... he made Tomlin look like a tool.

1 game doesn't make a career though..... I think Tomlin is good enough to win most games.... as long as he doesn't meet up with superior opponents...we'll be fine. Ben was horrible tonight.....don't forget that.

stb_steeler
12-20-2011, 01:14 AM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l8/LivingOnRockAndRoll/window.jpg

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Let's let Ben finish out the game and rish him getting jacked up even more when you can no longer win the game.

This isn't the only game he has been out coached, he's got a good 12 pack under his belt already.

I have another question. Why the hell is Farrior still playing?

Danny136200
12-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Cant we just consolidate all of the over reactions and screams for firings into one post every week?

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Cant we just consolidate all of the over reactions and screams for firings into one post every week?

Rep + for that.

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Rep + for that.

:)

It just gets old watching this all the time. Ball is on the 1/2 yard line and we cannot punch it in on 4 plays against the Browns. What do we do? Run Mendenhall off tackle every play.

What did the 49ers do when they were on the 1 yard line today?

I can go on and on for days.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:21 AM

It just gets old watching this all the time. Ball is on the 1/2 yard line and we cannot punch it in on 4 plays against the Browns. What do we do? Run Mendenhall off tackle every play.

But buddy, listen. That's Bruce Arians calling the plays, man. There's even a designated "Fire Arians" thread in this forum! Are you a band-wagoner, or just young?

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:22 AM
But buddy, listen. That's Bruce Arians calling the plays, man. There's even a designated "Fire Arians" thread in this forum! Are you a band-wagoner, or just young?

Stick your band wagon talk up your (_O_), I've been a die hard fan before you fell out of your mommys hole.

Once again, who's the head coach?

tony hipchest
12-20-2011, 01:23 AM

please refrain from starting dumbass threads on this board.

or you can go on for days in your own bathroom with a box of tissue. :jerkit:

thanks.

Sixburgher
12-20-2011, 01:23 AM

It gets a lot older watching negative nellies stay silent for weeks only to come out of the woodwork to bitch and doom and gloom endlessly and make absolutely stupid "demands" like the one this thread is based on. Tomlin's going to be around for a while. Deal or go find another fukking bandwagon.

steelerchad
12-20-2011, 01:25 AM
....emotions getting the best of you....

Yes Tomlin is no Bill Cowher. He can win most games because he has more talent then the competition.... he's got a good supporting cast to help him "coach" the team. But that was a game were we were clearly out coached. Props to Harbaugh... he made Tomlin look like a tool.

1 game doesn't make a career though..... I think Tomlin is good enough to win most games.... as long as he doesn't meet up with superior opponents...we'll be fine. Ben was horrible tonight.....don't forget that.

Cowher. Holy crap. I don't ever remember Cowher being a lights out coach. Good, sure. Walks on water, no. He lost more big games with better teams than the opponents. All those AFC Championships .... at home.

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:25 AM
This team is heading down hill quick.

It's going to be a rough next couple of years with this horrible coaching staff.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Stick your band wagon talk up your (_O_), I've been a die hard fan before you fell out of your mommys hole.

Once again, who's the head coach?

I simply asked you a question, and I asked it in a nice manner. My mother was killed in a car accident, so i'd prefer you shut your ****ing mouth. I'll walk away from this, as it's a waste of my time sitting here arguing with you over it. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one!

Goodnight man.

:tt02:

tony hipchest
12-20-2011, 01:26 AM

Once again, who's the head coach?please refrain from acting like an idiot ravenfan troll.

thanks.

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Cowher. Holy crap. I don't ever remember Cowher being a lights out coach. Good, sure. Walks on water, no. He lost more big games with better teams than the opponents. All those AFC Championships .... at home.

Better teams? O'Donnell, Stewart and Maddox were toilet bowl QB's

We never had that great O like we do now. This is the best offense we've had since I can remember.

Tom Brady owned Cowher, that's all.

Sixburgher
12-20-2011, 01:28 AM

Thank you. Glad to see someone else who doesn't over romanticize the Cowher era. They should've wiped the floor up with the Chargers in '94 and the Patriots in '01, at a minimum. Not to mention barely surviving a very close call against a clearly inferior Colts team in '95 that should've rightfully been another waxing.

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:28 AM
please refrain from acting like an idiot ravenfan troll.

thanks.

Keep your band wagon words to yourself then.

Wallace108
12-20-2011, 01:29 AM

I'm not even going to argue about the fact that Tomlin isn't "living off of Cowher's players." I'll keep it simple ...

How many Super Bowls did Cowher win with Cowher's players? ONE. Same as Tomlin.
How many Super Bowls did Cowher get to? TWO. Same as Tomlin. And it didn't take Tomlin 13 years to do it.

Sleep it off, bro. You'll feel better in the morning.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:30 AM

Dude, you are totally out of line.

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm not even going to argue about the fact that Tomlin isn't "living off of Cowher's players." I'll keep it simple ...

How many Super Bowls did Cowher win with Cowher's players? ONE. Same as Tomlin.
How many Super Bowls did Cowher get to? TWO. Same as Tomlin. And it didn't take Tomlin 13 years to do it.

Sleep it off, bro. You'll feel better in the morning.

How many key players are still here from the Cowher days?

Did Cowher really have a decent QB before Big Ben?

All he had was a running game and good defense throughout his career. He could never win that big game b/c he never had a great qb.

Thank you and good night!

tony hipchest
12-20-2011, 01:34 AM

how bout i keep my cyber foot in your ass, crybaby?

pitt0wns
12-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Dude, you are totally out of line.

Come up with a better response than "band wagon" or "ravenfan troll"

SoCalFan
12-20-2011, 01:37 AM
This is a DUMB thread! Would this guy be weeping if a HEALTHY Ben would hace connected on those pics? Especially the first on that killed a almost red zone drive? No merrit here!

tony hipchest
12-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Come up with a better response than "band wagon" or "ravenfan troll"

hows this-

Thank you and good night!yeah, i think your pet cat escaped the basement. you better go find it so you have 1 thing in life to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

:wave:

stb_steeler
12-20-2011, 01:40 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/jerseybooch/f70ca393.bmp

Wallace108
12-20-2011, 01:43 AM
How many key players are still here from the Cowher days?

Did Cowher really have a decent QB before Big Ben?

All he had was a running game and good defense throughout his career. He could never win that big game b/c he never had a great qb.

Thank you and good night!

Let me guess ... Jim Harbaugh isn't a good coach either. He's just "living off" Mike Singletary's players.

JCPsteelers
12-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Thank you. Glad to see someone else who doesn't over romanticize the Cowher era. They should've wiped the floor up with the Chargers in '94 and the Patriots in '01, at a minimum. Not to mention barely surviving a very close call against a clearly inferior Colts team in '95 that should've rightfully been another waxing.

We lost the Chargers game in 94 with a 13-3 lead and with Cowher defense spitting the bit

We lost to the Pats in 2001 where they could not move the ball at all (2 special team TDs for the Pats)

We almost lost to the colts in 95 (scored go ahead TD with like 2 minutes left)

Until Tomlin starts laying those type of eggs I'm not going to question his coaching.

HOFCitySteelers
12-20-2011, 01:49 AM
I've gotta agree with him. TOMLIN MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean this is his 5th season and all he can do is go to 2 superbowls and win 1. only 4 playoff appearances?????? 9-7 the year he didnt make it..... a regular season record of 53-25, a playoff record of 5-2.
Terrible!!!! He's gotta go!!!!!!!!

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:50 AM
We lost the Chargers game in 94 with a 13-3 lead and with Cowher defense spitting the bit

We lost to the Pats in 2001 where they could not move the ball at all (2 special team TDs for the Pats)

Until Tomlin starts laying those type of eggs I'm not going to question his coaching.

:thumbsup:

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:50 AM

I mean this is his 5th season and all he can do is go to 2 superbowls and win 1. only 4 playoff appearances?????? 9-7 the year he didnt make it..... a regular season record of 53-25, a playoff record of 5-2.

:chuckle:

tanda10506
12-20-2011, 01:55 AM
It is clearly an overreaction to fire Tomlin but the points made are correct. Yes Arians calls the offensive plays, but Tomlin is in charge of Arians. He's not living off Cowher's players and he's not bad enough to be fired, but he really needs to do a better job of keeping this team consistent and keep them playing with heart. This was the second biggest game for us this season and it's the second one the team didn't show up for.

jjpro11
12-20-2011, 01:58 AM
the Browns will happily trade us Pat Shurmer for Mike Tomlin straight up. i bet they'd even throw in a couple draft picks to sweeten the deal.

IowaSteeler927
12-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Are you kidding me? We lost because Ben was an immobile statue in the pocket. We were on their side of the field numerous times and Ben threw two picks because he obviously wasn't stepping into his throws. The defense played well considering they were on the field the majority of the game. We have injuries that are severly limiting what we can do on both offense and defense and not having Harrison was a huge loss. Shut up and quit your crying already. We lost and we need to move on. It sucks that we couldn't capitalize on the Ravens choking but we were playing one of the top rated defenses in the league and they still never really put the game away until the fourth quarter. Quit embarassing yourself.

QCbeauBlak
12-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Like I tried to explain to a Ravens fan yesterday.. What does turnovers have to do with the Head Coach? We protect the ball, we have a chance. Regardless of Ben's health, we still could have had a chance were it not for the turnovers. The game wasn't that out of reach until the end so please chill. Anyone whose been a fan for a long time knows that Cowher just could not win when it counted period. Sure Tomlin has done pretty good with some of the old regimes players but Tomlin has also drafted better than any other coach in this league in a very short time.. it is one game, we are in the playoffs. Our shortcomings did not start this week.. We have looked lethargic for weeks now..

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 02:29 AM
Like I tried to explain to a Ravens fan yesterday.. What does turnovers have to do with the Head Coach? We protect the ball, we have a chance. Regardless of Ben's health, we still could have had a chance were it not for the turnovers. The game wasn't that out of reach until the end so please chill. Anyone whose been a fan for a long time knows that Cowher just could not win when it counted period. Sure Tomlin has done pretty good with some of the old regimes players but Tomlin has also drafted better than any other coach in this league in a very short time.. it is one game, we are in the playoffs. Our shortcomings did not start this week.. We have looked lethargic for weeks now..

Now we just need to hope we can win round 3 against the Ravens in January.

Danny136200
12-20-2011, 02:37 AM

* Team is never prepared
* No game plan
* Shitty play calling

What a joke.

LOl, living off of cowher's players, thats nice. This is not the same team that Cowher ran; not the same identity, not the same philosophy, nothing.
I do not really understand why the over reaction to one loss against a pretty damn good opponent.

The team is always prepared, they just do not execute. When players do not execute, thats on the players, not on the coaches (for the most part)

There is always a game plan coming in. Dont understand why people continue to act like the coaches or even the players do nothing for six days.

Playcalling can be better, i will agree with you on that; but arians is the one who calls the plays.

The game clock situation was all on Ben, IMO. When he gets the go for the no huddle offense, he has to control the clock and make the decisions on whether or not to spike the ball, call another play, or call timeout. And if you recall, Tomlin smartly called a timeout after SF was stopped for a minimal run gain on third down to give the opportunity for the offense to take the field, which many coaches fail to do so when their defense is on the field in the last two minutes of a half (ask John Harbaugh and the Ravens if they could have taken timeouts at the end of the first half of sunday night's game in order to get possession in).

The steelers were moving down the field pretty good and getting out of bad field position for the most part, they just shot themselves in the foot constantly and turnovers killed good drives in the first quarter. Thats not bad coaching, that bad execution.

Danny136200
12-20-2011, 02:40 AM

The travesty!!!!!!!!

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 03:00 AM
The travesty!!!!!!!!

:chillpill:chuckle:

DanRooney
12-20-2011, 03:09 AM

Rewatch the 2009 Steelers season.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 03:16 AM
Rewatch the 2009 Steelers season.

Rewatch the 2006 season, and pretty much every season besides 2005 and 1995 under Cowher. Tomlin may have inherited a good team, but that team wen't 8-8 in '06 and right back in the playoffs under Tomlin in '07. In '09 Tomlin's suffered a 9-7 season.

bornaSteelersfan
12-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Tomlin should have found the strength (after Ben's 2nd INT) to tell Ben, "You're out! You are not in any condition to lead this team to a win." He should have put in Batch or Dixon and went with it. Sure, it would not have been approved of by the fans or media, but who cares?! Save your main starting QB and realize that with this injury he is only a shadow of himself.

DanRooney
12-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Rewatch the 2006 season, and pretty much every season besides 2005 and 1995 under Cowher. Tomlin may have inherited a good team, but that team wen't 8-8 in '06 and right back in the playoffs under Tomlin in '07. In '09 Tomlin's suffered a 9-7 season.

2006 season Cowher thought it would be cool to start a quarterback who was clinically dead in the first 8 games. Just awful. But the 2009 goes down as the worst display of football imaginable imo. Losing to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns was just embarrassing. Especially after promising to "unleash hell." We had a cakewalk schedule.

Tomlin is a decent coach. Not awful but I don't think he's great despite having winning seasons and a SB under his belt. Like someone said before, he has a lot of talent to work with and a HOF defensive coordinator that controls everything on that side of the ball (and he continues to let Arians control the offense). The only thing I think he's in charge of is personnel decision, clock management and challenges. He's shaky at best with the latter two.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 03:29 AM
2006 season Cowher thought it would be cool to start a quarterback who was clinically dead in the first 8 games. Just awful. But the 2009 goes down as the worst display of football imaginable imo. Losing to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns was just embarrassing. Especially after promising to "unleash hell."

I wouldn't blame that on Tomlin. Are guys came into those game's big-headed. We we're coming off a Super Bowl win and we lost to teams the media labeled as "Lesser". The Packers losing to the Chiefs is a recent example.

DanRooney
12-20-2011, 03:39 AM
I wouldn't blame that on Tomlin. Are guys came into those game's big-headed. We we're coming off a Super Bowl win and we lost to teams the media labeled as "Lesser". The Packers losing to the Chiefs is a recent example.

They were lesser. The Browns, Chiefs and Raiders were awful that year. Spitting out records and saying he's a great head coach based off that is a little off base. When was the last time the Steelers won a game and you said "that was a great gameplan?" Maybe a couple of times this year (Tennessee and the 2nd Bengals game).

plenewken
12-20-2011, 06:41 AM

* Team is never prepared
* No game plan
* Shitty play calling

What a joke.

You forgot:
*Consistently challenges the wrong calls.

Letting Ben on the field was the most stupid decision.

rocckbottomxmen
12-20-2011, 10:32 AM

or can we just have these stupid post deleted long with the messenger

theplatypus
12-20-2011, 10:41 AM
talk about an epic fail

stb_steeler
12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Are you kidding me? We lost because Ben was an immobile statue in the pocket. We were on their side of the field numerous times and Ben threw two picks because he obviously wasn't stepping into his throws. The defense played well considering they were on the field the majority of the game. We have injuries that are severly limiting what we can do on both offense and defense and not having Harrison was a huge loss. Shut up and quit your crying already. We lost and we need to move on. It sucks that we couldn't capitalize on the Ravens choking but we were playing one of the top rated defenses in the league and they still never really put the game away until the fourth quarter. Quit embarassing yourself.

Well said dude.......If half the whiners got their wish and fired Tomlin and we fell into a very dismal team such as the Rams, i wonder what they'd say then......:doh:

stb_steeler
12-20-2011, 03:54 PM
2006 season Cowher thought it would be cool to start a quarterback who was clinically dead in the first 8 games. Just awful. But the 2009 goes down as the worst display of football imaginable imo. Losing to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns was just embarrassing. Especially after promising to "unleash hell." We had a cakewalk schedule.

Tomlin is a decent coach. Not awful but I don't think he's great despite having winning seasons and a SB under his belt. Like someone said before, he has a lot of talent to work with and a HOF defensive coordinator that controls everything on that side of the ball (and he continues to let Arians control the offense). The only thing I think he's in charge of is personnel decision, clock management and challenges. He's shaky at best with the latter two.

I will never understand the meaning of a cake walk season, i just dont get it!...I was always under the thought that all teams play to win. :noidea:

Sixburgher
12-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I will never understand the meaning of a cake walk season, i just dont get it!...I was always under the thought that all teams play to win. :noidea:

It's the usual faulty reasoning applied by those that liken the same huge mismatches in talent between "good" and "bad" teams in college football to the NFL. It simply doesn't apply at the pro level.

harrison'samonster
12-20-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't know if it's true but I've heard before that teams are inconsistent because of poor leadership from veteran players.

I wonder what it would be like to see somebody live off of Tomlin's teams--Woodley, Hood, Heyward, Wallace, Brown, Pouncey, Mendenhall...oh wait, we're already seeing it!

jjpro11
12-21-2011, 12:44 AM
yeah, we sucked in 2009 and lost to crappy teams down the stretch.. do any of the Tomlin haters want to bring up 2008? we went 12-4 against one of the hardest schedules EVER, beat the Ravens 3 times, and won the ****ing Super Bowl! last year we made it to the Super Bowl and damn near won it despite not having our starting QB for the first 4 games and having the league penalize us for every little thing after Harrison knocked out two Browns players.

IowaSteeler927
01-01-2012, 03:06 AM
yeah, we sucked in 2009 and lost to crappy teams down the stretch.. do any of the Tomlin haters want to bring up 2008? we went 12-4 against one of the hardest schedules EVER, beat the Ravens 3 times, and won the ****ing Super Bowl! last year we made it to the Super Bowl and damn near won it despite not having our starting QB for the first 4 games and having the league penalize us for every little thing after Harrison knocked out two Browns players.

The Haters will just claim that Tomlin was riding on Cowher's coattails. For some reason people seem to conveniently forget that fact that it took Cowher forever to finally win a Super Bowl. That being said I love Bill Cowher and his name is synonymous with the Steelers, but Tomlin is a helluva coach and until I see him post a couple of bad seasons back to back I won't be questioning the way the man does his job.