PDA

View Full Version : Steelers @ 49'ers Post Game/Game Ball Thread

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 12:40 AM
I figured i'd make it since it hadn't been created yet.

Well, a loss is never good, especially at this point in the season. You typically want to be at your best in December and the months following, and tonight we just didn't have it in us to come out on top.

I'll give the game ball to Heath Miller. Although he was in the mix of an early interception, he fought hard all game to get open, and Ben connected with him 5 times for 82 yards.

Kanata-Steeler
12-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Thats odd, becuase the 49'ers just gave their Game Ball to Ben tonite, for being " the best 49'er out there !".

... gotta laugh a bit, especially when it hurts.
:)

tanda10506
12-20-2011, 12:59 AM
At least Ben was playing with heart, nobody else was. I would give it to Miller too.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Thats odd, becuase the 49'ers just gave their Game Ball to Ben tonite, for being " the best 49'er out there !".

... gotta laugh a bit, especially when it hurts.
:)

:shootme:

JCPsteelers
12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Miller for the Steelers

The Smith boys and Andy Lee for the Niners

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:02 AM
At least Ben was playing with heart, nobody else was. I would give it to Miller too.

:hatsoff:

Kanata-Steeler
12-20-2011, 01:02 AM
actually it was a very severe high-ankle sprain, and it could've been a lot worse tonight. But ya,I know, Ben is definitely not a quitter, by any stretch.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:05 AM
actually it was a very severe high-ankle sprain, and it could've been a lot worse tonight. But ya,I know, Ben is definitely not a quitter, by any stretch.

Exactly, but it wasn't.

tony hipchest
12-20-2011, 01:22 AM
i thought cam heyward played awesome the 2-3 plays he was in there. :hunch:

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:24 AM
i thought cam heyward played awesome the 2-3 plays he was in there. :hunch:

As a Buckeyes fan, i'd have to agree either way :wink02:

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:31 AM
As a Buckeyes fan, i'd have to agree either way :wink02:

Looking back, he did do pretty well.

ricardisimo
12-20-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm pretty sure Thad Gibson gave them insider info during his stint with the 49ers. Never should have let him go.

tony hipchest
12-20-2011, 01:37 AM
cam definitely didnt do anything to embarrass himself which is "awesome" in my books. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure Thad Gibson gave them insider info during his stint with the 49ers. Never should have let him go.

:toofunny:

Danny136200
12-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Gameball? Man its so hard to give one out lol. I do think polamalu and clark made some pretty good open field tackles today. Thats really the best thing i seen from the defense all night. Miller was also excellent tonight.

bornaSteelersfan
12-20-2011, 02:00 AM
How can you even give a gameball to any Steelers player when we lost?! If I had to give a gameball to anyone on the Steelers, I would give it to Big Ben for throwing 3 INT's and a fumble (why the hell did he not throw it on that?!). Yeah, I know he is tough and always wants to play, but there comes a point when you should know you are not helping the team. He should have left the game after that first lame ass interception on the opening drive. Yeah, gameball to Ben for giving it all away throughout. I love you and admire you, Ben, but be a man and realize when you are not ready to play.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 02:03 AM
How can you even give a gameball to any Steelers player when we lost?! If I had to give a gameball to anyone on the Steelers, I would give it to Big Ben for throwing 3 INT's and a fumble (why the hell did he not throw it on that?!). Yeah, I know he is tough and always wants to play, but there comes a point when you should know you are not helping the team. He should have left the game after that first lame ass interception on the opening drive. Yeah, gameball to Ben for giving it all away throughout. I love you and admire you, Ben, but be a man and realize when you are not ready to play.

:banging:

DanRooney
12-20-2011, 02:12 AM
cam definitely didnt do anything to embarrass himself which is "awesome" in my books. :thumbsup:

:toofunny:

As a V Tech fan, I'd be concerned that Timmons (an ILB) was slid to the outside on a few plays in favor of Worilds (OLB). McLendon took note.

But Worilds was 'awesome' and had some nice pressure taking over for Harrison. :toofunny:

God, it's too easy tony. :thumbsup:

DanRooney
12-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Hines Ward (our #1 receiver) gets the gameball for looking cool in the Batman trailer.

pete74
12-20-2011, 04:44 AM
timmons has been horrible. im thinking we should of signed him for alot less because he dosnt look like he will ever be a dominant LB'er. Hood is good but he is definatly not as good as Smith was when he was healthy.

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2011, 10:22 AM
timmons has been horrible. im thinking we should of signed him for alot less because he dosnt look like he will ever be a dominant LB'er. Hood is good but he is definatly not as good as Smith was when he was healthy.

Agreed - unless he has been hiding an injury Timmons ranks among the most disappointing players this season - poor coverage and poor tackling

Fire Arians
12-20-2011, 11:08 AM
mendenhall, he was one lone bright spot on offense. i though they were having good success running but could never hang on to the ball long enough to get a rhythm going

TRH
12-20-2011, 11:32 AM
NO game balls for that debacle.

Any small bright spots? I'd have to say Troy was hustling and so was Clark, like someone said above. That said though, they didn't force any turnovers....you HAVE to do that. Therefore, no 'game balls' just because they were hustling.

Danny136200
12-20-2011, 12:35 PM
mendenhall, he was one lone bright spot on offense. i though they were having good success running but could never hang on to the ball long enough to get a rhythm going
this is true. After a couple of no gainers and negative runs, Mendenhall was doing great. The offense went back to their turnover-prone ways again though. six turnovers the past two games.

49ERS20-3
12-20-2011, 01:21 PM
HAHAHA. Your season is done.

Mike "The Genius" Tomlin was amazing. A 3 year old could see Bread Gobbler Ben was to hurt to play.

The 49ers have ended your season. The Steelers will go to the playoffs and get crushed in the first round.

The 49ers will hoist another Lombardi at the end of the Super Bowl. Jim Harbaugh will surpass all the great ones.

We have the greatest fans and the loudest.

The Steelers are overated useless bums.

San Francisco 49ers SB Champs in 2012.

Fire Arians
12-20-2011, 01:24 PM
HAHAHA. Your season is done.

Mike "The Genius" Tomlin was amazing. A 3 year old could see Bread Gobbler Ben was to hurt to play.

The 49ers have ended your season. The Steelers will go to the playoffs and get crushed in the first round.

The 49ers will hoist another Lombardi at the end of the Super Bowl. Jim Harbaugh will surpass all the great ones.

We have the greatest fans and the loudest.

The Steelers are overated useless bums.

San Francisco 49ers SB Champs in 2012.

lol nice troll attempt. our season is over? last i remember we clinched a playoff berth genius.

your win today doesn't matter for shit anyway, it's not like you guys are going to beat green bay or anything.

tony hipchest
12-20-2011, 01:25 PM
lol... steelerfans overtook candlestick just like they do every stadium. 9er fans are fair weather fruitcakes.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:29 PM
There were maybe 3 or 4 Steeler fans. Bread Gobbler Ben couldn't even snap the ball because of the noise.

that explains why every time Heath Miller caught a pass your damned stadium exploded with his chant. you know what dude, i'd be willing to bet money the 9'ers lose in round one.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Not to mention you stadium is older and uglier than my mother in law.

Bayz101
12-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Those were chants of boo's. 49ers have the most loyal and loudest fan base of any team.

ROFL! Ok, buddy. Now everyone KNOW'S your full of chit.

BleedPurple
12-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Andy Lee--never gave the steelers a chance by pinning them back so deep.

BleedPurple
12-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Yea those were definitely not boos. Those were Heaaaaathhs (stolen from 'Heeeeeaappp' but w/e we have some kind of towel I'm sure).

That stadium was so dead quiet it was funny. When the announcers have to speak up to get over the crowd noise for the broadcast (Steelers, Ravens, Seahawks are the three that pop into my head immediately)--THAT is a loud (and in the case of the Seahawks, very loyal) fanbase.

ricardisimo
12-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Mendy, not for any reason but to add my voice to what I hope will be a loud chorus that Arians will have to hear at some point: we have a running game, too. Or at least we should.

Go9ersJakw
12-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Nevermind the troll. Game was closer than the score showed. Best running against the 9ers that I have seen so far.

Ben was hurt, but frank Gore was hurting for us too...so I can not really give the injury excuse to you...but a tough game till the end of the 3rd quarter.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season...would love to see a rematch with a healthy team on both sides...this post- season :)

Btw steeler fans are some of the best traveling fans I have ever seen. The towels were out in force.

Bayz101
12-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Nevermind the troll. Game was closer than the score showed. Best running against the 9ers that I have seen so far.

Ben was hurt, but frank Gore was hurting for us too...so I can not really give the injury excuse to you...but a tough game till the end of the 3rd quarter.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season...would love to see a rematch with a healthy team on both sides...this post- season :)

Btw steeler fans are some of the best traveling fans I have ever seen. The towels were out in force.

Good luck going forward, at least until you meet us, if that we're to happen.