PDA

View Full Version : 7 arrested in Sears Tower plot.....

DIESELMAN
06-23-2006, 02:33 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060623/ap_on_re_us/terrorism_investigation

83-Steelers-43
06-23-2006, 10:44 AM
One of I'm sure many that have been foiled. Nice. Very good job by the authorities to catch these scumbags.

SteelerFanInCA
06-23-2006, 01:26 PM
These guys are pretty bold and stupid. Glad to see the homeland security snatch their asses up.

CAH
06-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Now what happens to them? They'll get lawyers and trials that will milk our money and then what?

George Washington would have had them tried and shot on the spot. That is the way to treat killers of America.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-23-2006, 02:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060623/ap_on_re_us/terrorism_investigation

Hey, I live an hour away from Chicago. So, thats been all over the local news around here.

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Now what happens to them? They'll get lawyers and trials that will milk our money and then what?

George Washington would have had them tried and shot on the spot. That is the way to treat killers of America.

Now ,now that just would not be politically correct.:rolleyes: I'm still trying to figure out how it cost more for death sentence then life in prison.
Call it barbaric if you want but the so called 2nd and 3rd rate countries cut off hands and actually put people to death when sentenced that way and imagine that , they have lower crime rates...:dang:

BTW I don't see anybody knocking the wiretapping plan now...

CAH
06-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Now ,now that just would not be politically correct.:rolleyes: I'm still trying to figure out how it cost more for death sentence then life in prison.
Call it barbaric if you want but the so called 2nd and 3rd rate countries cut off hands and actually put people to death when sentenced that way and imagine that , they have lower crime rates...:dang:

BTW I don't see anybody knocking the wiretapping plan now...
You noticed the silence on wire-tapping? LOL They are so transparent.

BTW I am not politically correct about anything. You can call me Dago or Wop anytime you wish. Just don't call me beautiful because they'd lock you up.

j-dawg
06-27-2006, 03:30 PM
thought this clip on "the daily show" sums up the merit of "the miami seven"

http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/06/26/tds-the-miami-seven/

also found this article useful...
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1207412,00.html

Was this really a plot?

Fevered minds can be very dangerous, of course. But the threat they present is quite different from that of transnational terror groups. After all, the government appears to have had no problem infiltrating and exposing this group, which was hardly making itself inconspicuous or impregnable ? unlike the New York subway plot reported in TIME this week, whose perpetrators slipped into the U.S., conducted their surveillance, prepared the operational details of poison gas attacks, then aborted them on instructions from al-Qaeda leaders and departed America, all with U.S. security none the wiser.

83-Steelers-43
06-27-2006, 04:47 PM
It's amusing. Certain news stations are downplaying these scumbags. I don't recall Timothy McVeigh being involved in some type of terrorist group based in some middle-east scumbag country. He was a home grown redneck hell bent on bringing down the Federal goverment with zero connections to terrorists across seas.

I wonder what the response would have been if these "low level" scumbags would have brought down the Sears Tower killing thousands? Would these animals still be considered small cookies? It's amazing. We break up a legitimate threat and yet we still have idiots in the media questioning their motives and our actions. Amazing how quick some forget. Unfortunately with some, I guess a terrorist attack needs to effect them directly in order to give them an understanding of what we are dealing with in this country.

CAH
06-27-2006, 10:11 PM
No matter how stupid or brilliant people like that are, you're still dead if the explosives go off.

j-dawg
06-28-2006, 12:40 AM
No matter how stupid or brilliant people like that are, you're still dead if the explosives go off.

good thing these guys didn't have any explosives!

CAH
06-28-2006, 11:52 AM
good thing these guys didn't have any explosives!
They want to blow up the Chicago Tower so it is a matter of obtaining what they need. Tim Mc Veigh wanted to blow up that building in Oklahoma City and that meant obtaining explosives which he did. If McVeigh had been captured before he got the explosives, how many lives would have been saved?