PDA

View Full Version : No change in Holmes' status.....

DIESELMAN
06-23-2006, 01:57 AM
Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports the status of Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes (neck) remains the same as it's been since his 2005 season ended in San Diego with his neck injury. Holmes has gone through a number of exams, but none have cleared him for contact as of yet. Also, no exam or doctor has told him it's time to retire. Holmes could move to the Physically Unable to Perform List (PUP) during the preseason if he's not yet given full clearance for physical contact. That would make him eligible to return to the active roster in late October.

BlackNGold203
06-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Thats a shame...he was a great RB...but lets face it...LJ is da man in KC now....

83-Steelers-43
06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I think the guy is on his last leg. One hell of a RB and he's always been a class act on and off the field.

SteelerFanInCA
06-23-2006, 12:22 PM
That's too bad his career had to end this way. I believe this guy still had a few good years left in his tank if it wasn't for the injury.

Ambridge
06-23-2006, 04:54 PM
I heard Priest still had some neurological issues and that's why he's having trouble getting clearance to return.

Something tells me if you're having neurological problems that "Old Man Retirement" may be knocking on your door from the NFL.