PDA

View Full Version : Steelers linebacker Harrison is unapologetic

mesaSteeler
12-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Steelers linebacker Harrison is unapologetic

By Mark Kaboly
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 22, 2011

James Harrison returned to the practice field on Wednesday for the first time since serving a one-game suspension for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy.

Harrison was unapologetic for the hit that forced him to miss Monday night's loss to San Francisco, cost him a $73,529 game check and brought a week away from his teammates. Harrison returned to the facility for the first time on Tuesday afternoon.

"It happened, oh well," Harrison said following practice Wednesday. "Deal with it. Move on. When it came down to it, my helmet hit his. Oh, well."

Harrison was more concerned that McCoy was allowed back in the game after what was later diagnosed as a concussion. McCoy sat out the following week's game against the Cardinals.

"If he was hurt so bad, I don't know why they let him back in, what, two plays later?" Harrison said. "Something should be done to them, I think. I got a game. What should they get?"

The NFLPA investigated the Browns for allowing McCoy back into the game, which led to the league putting a certified trainer in the press box to help monitor head injuries.

Harrison was the first player suspended for a helmet-to-helmet hit since the league office and commissioner Roger Goodell enhanced their emphasis on player safety.

Despite reports during his suspension that he doesn't plan to change the way he plays, Harrison said that he has already changed.

"I am doing everything they asked me to," Harrison said.

Harrison hadn't been fined for a hit on the quarterback in more than a year before last week. Still, it was his fifth illegal hit against a quarterback in the past three seasons.

Harrison said he isn't worried that he will be suspended for any hit in the future.

"Nope, not worried about anything," Harrison said. "Can't see the future. I am not a fortune teller. I will deal with it as it comes."

Mark Kaboly can be reached at mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com or 412-664-9161.

Read more: Steelers linebacker Harrison is unapologetic - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_773153.html#ixzz1hGNY13eD

Curtain_of_Steel
12-23-2011, 12:53 PM
He did hit time, why does he have to say I"m sorry?

Harrison made 10 points for his argument, every single one is valid. He also is 100% right with the Browns and McCoy. The Browns said he "checked out fine" that was their statement. Later the statement changed to "they never checked him out". That is lying, its apparent Shurmur is an idiot who tried to cover his ass by syaing others said he was fine. The cameras showed on the sideline he was never checked out. They were looking at his finger and McCoy was thinking he was getting a foot rub. How does someone in that organization not be fined and suspended?

Basically Harrison doesnt care if he gets fines or suspended, he will just play the game as he knows it. Good for him. Soon the Commishes office will over step their bounds and suspend others. The more they suspend, the more pressure they will eventually have put on them. when it finally costs someone a big game and the owner looks like a complete ahole, than pressure will mount to change the penalities.

defence
12-23-2011, 01:50 PM

Harrison made 10 points for his argument, every single one is valid. He also is 100% right with the Browns and McCoy. The Browns said he "checked out fine" that was their statement. Later the statement changed to "they never checked him out". That is lying, its apparent Shurmur is an idiot who tried to cover his ass by syaing others said he was fine. The cameras showed on the sideline he was never checked out. They were looking at his finger and McCoy was thinking he was getting a foot rub. How does someone in that organization not be fined and suspended?

Basically Harrison doesnt care if he gets fines or suspended, he will just play the game as he knows it. Good for him. Soon the Commishes office will over step their bounds and suspend others. The more they suspend, the more pressure they will eventually have put on them. when it finally costs someone a big game and the owner looks like a complete ahole, than pressure will mount to change the penalities.

Perfectly said!! Harrison is an old schooler who plays on the edge!! He is a dying breed in this new nfl!! I dont think he needs to apologize for anything because in reality; mccoy became a runner and dished off at the last second. I think if you are going to imply a helmet rule; shouldn't it be for all 53 players not just the wr's and qb's?? I hope he continues to play HIS style ; because he is one tough sob to play against; and someone who puts fear into the opposition!!

Bayz101
12-23-2011, 04:24 PM

:thumbsup:

Fire Arians
12-23-2011, 05:19 PM
and he shouldn't be. goodell should apologize for trying to ruin the sport we all love

stb_steeler
12-23-2011, 05:26 PM
:iagree:

Boomer
12-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Way to go James! We agree. Screw the NFL and roger the idiot.

tanda10506
12-23-2011, 10:17 PM
and he shouldn't be. goodell should apologize for trying to ruin the sport we all love

this^

LVSteelersfan
12-23-2011, 10:42 PM
No need to apologize. But he should keep his stupid mouth shut and say "No Comment". Let his play on the field do his talking. I am sure he was suspended purely because he basically called the Commish a moron in the offseason. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Unfortunately in this day and age it is the league head office, not the team owners who have total control. That is because the idiot owners let them get away with it.