PDA

View Full Version : Clay likely to join active list

ricardisimo
12-22-2011, 10:48 PM
What the hell happened to Dwyer?

The Steelers will sign rookie John Clay from the practice squad, likely Friday, because with Mewelde Moore out (MCL sprain), they have only two healthy running backs, Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman, and Tomlin mentioned Tuesday that Mendenhall has sore ribs.
Clay signed with the Steelers after he went undrafted, even though he rushed for 1,012 yards and 14 touchdowns at Wisconsin last season. He has spent this season on the Steelers practice squad, running against their first-team defense on the scout or show team.
"I feel good going against this defense," said Clay, who is listed as 6 feet 1, 248 pounds. "It reminds me of being a redshirt freshman, just waiting around, waiting for that chance to get up."
Besides Moore and Roethlisberger, center Maurkice Pouncey was limited in practice Wednesday after missing the game Monday because of a high ankle sprain. As he did last week, Pouncey announced he would play Saturday against the Rams.
"I can walk around and move around a lot better," Pouncey said, but told reporters, "You guys ain't going to believe me anymore."
LaMarr Woodley, who returned to start Monday but left in the third quarter, did not practice. He missed four starts with a hamstring injury. Rookie cornerback Curtis Brown also did not practice because of a knee injury. Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who has missed the past two games with a foot injury, did not practice.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11356/1198550-66.stm#ixzz1hKHPJNUi

jjpro11
12-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Dwyer was placed on IR a several weeks ago.

ricardisimo
12-22-2011, 11:00 PM
How the hell did I miss that? We've lost our fair share of running backs this year, starting with Baron Batch. Wonder why that is.

PhantomJB93
12-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Didn't John Clay like storm out of training camp in a hissy fit?

ricardisimo
12-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Might be a moot point, as per Mike Bires (https://twitter.com/#%21/mikebires/statuses/149952416547209216):

Arians said maybe Steelers won't promote RB John Clay from practice due to Mewelde Moore's knee injury. BA says they may go with 2 RBs

austinfrench76
12-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Clay will be fine. The TC issue was resolved and was reported as not being an issue on his part.

lipps83
12-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't know why this team has any running backs. I think Arians would be smart to just employ shotgun w/ 5 wide 100% of the time.

He is 60% there already.

:tt03:

harrison'samonster
12-23-2011, 09:01 PM
they should have a tight end line up in the half-back position, just to throw the defenses off