PDA

View Full Version : Texans dropped by the Colts

steelersfan77
12-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Colts just ran by the Texans which opens up another chance for us to possibly sneak back into the discussion as the second seed in the conference. I'm not suprised by the outcome of the game though. Colts gained confidence last week and if not for having to play with a 3rd string quarterback there would probably be alot of talk about the Texans having the best team in the AFC. They were rolling with Schuabb in there.

We need to be rooting for the Giants this weekend. I believe a win by the Jets gets them into the playoffs and secures the last wildcard spot which would eliminate the Bengals. We really need the Bengals-Ravens game to mean much more than just a hated rivalry.

ricardisimo
12-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Colts just ran by the Texans which opens up another chance for us to possibly sneak back into the discussion as the second seed in the conference. I'm not suprised by the outcome of the game though. Colts gained confidence last week and if not for having to play with a 3rd string quarterback there would probably be alot of talk about the Texans having the best team in the AFC. They were rolling with Schuabb in there.

We need to be rooting for the Giants this weekend. I believe a win by the Jets gets them into the playoffs and secures the last wildcard spot which would eliminate the Bengals. We really need the Bengals-Ravens game to mean much more than just a hated rivalry.
I think the Colts just proved that nobody likes losing, not even a 1-13 team about to draft Peyton Manning's replacement. The Bengals have as good (or as bad) a chance to beat the Rats regardless of where the Jets are. Beside, I'd like to see the Giants lose and Philly miraculously sneak back into this thing.

tanda10506
12-22-2011, 11:20 PM
I'd be happy with the 2 seed, it's definetly possible, even the 1 seed is possible. I'm not worried about us winning our two games, but I'm doubtful the bengals beat the rats.

ricardisimo
12-22-2011, 11:41 PM
I'd be happy with the 2 seed, it's definetly possible, even the 1 seed is possible. I'm not worried about us winning our two games, but I'm doubtful the bengals beat the rats.
I think it's possible. They weren't dominating in their first win, and this one's in Cincy, and they just lost Boldin for the next two-three games. Hell, this year's Ravens could lose to the Browns, even.

PhantomJB93
12-22-2011, 11:55 PM
All we need is for the Ravens to lose again and we'd control our destiny for the two seed right? Ravens are without Anquan Boldin for the rest of the reg season (which means, if Flaccid needs to throw downfield at all, he's screwed) and they play Cincy the last week when Cincy will be fighting for a Wild Card spot.

Bayz101
12-23-2011, 01:20 AM
This team most have it's own guardian angel because with some of our losses, we're lucky to STILL be in a position to sneak up in the conference standings.

jjpro11
12-23-2011, 01:31 AM
well.. it certainly makes football a little more interesting this weekend. let's go Brownies!

Rick5895
12-23-2011, 06:00 AM
I think it's football karma, some how some way the Ratbirds will lose one of the two remaining games, and if we can actually win one, we will get a #2 seed. The bye will be a nice break if we can get it. It wold not surprise me to see either the browns or Bengals beat the Ratbirds, (maybe both ??)

SteelPete
12-23-2011, 06:54 AM
I see this weekend Miami beating the Patriots, Miami has been strong the last few weeks, and then next weekend Bengals beating the ratbirds and we win out taking the #1 seed

GO STEELERS:tt03::tt03::tt03:

plenewken
12-23-2011, 07:18 AM
I think it's possible. They weren't dominating in their first win, and this one's in Cincy, and they just lost Boldin for the next two-three games. Hell, this year's Ravens could lose to the Browns, even.

We are perfectly capable of laying an egg against the Browns too, you know. I'm just sayin'...........

Curtain_of_Steel
12-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Browns without McCoy have a shot because Wallace can at least scramblke and the Ravens will still have Flacco at QB.
If McCoy plays, Ravens may knock him back to the Steeler game.

Colts are just stupid, lol. Even if you choose to keep Manning and trade the #1 pick, the picks they get back will retoll the Colts in 2 years. The team sucks not just because of missing Manning, they are older, injury prone and lack RB's, etc. Colts winning out is probably what Plian wants to take the heat off his back with Manning.

Hines0wnz
12-23-2011, 12:07 PM
If anything, it makes the last 2 weeks of the season actually worth watching since so many teams are still alive and/or have a chance to move up in the seedings.

PeRK82
12-23-2011, 12:15 PM

Come on man, now your just lying to yourself, The Browns,lol just because the Steeler barely beat them , doesnt mean the RAVENS will lose to them AT HOME, it is possible but very doubtful. Now the Bengals on the other hand, maybe. That is if there is still a chance for them to make the post season. RAVENS have a great chance to SWEEP the Division.

PeRK82
12-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Browns without McCoy have a shot because Wallace can at least scramblke and the Ravens will still have Flacco at QB.
If McCoy plays, Ravens may knock him back to the Steeler game.

Colts are just stupid, lol. Even if you choose to keep Manning and trade the #1 pick, the picks they get back will retoll the Colts in 2 years. The team sucks not just because of missing Manning, they are older, injury prone and lack RB's, etc. Colts winning out is probably what Plian wants to take the heat off his back with Manning.

No one ever said Flacco is an ELITE qb but he is a good QB with one of THEE Strongest Arms in the NFL. I would rather have him than almost anyone else in the league right now. Is his completion percentage down, yes. Two Reason, His WRers have dropped between the number passes many,many times. The second reason is because Flacco has been throwing alot more Deep Balls than he has in the passed. And alot of those Deep throws should have been caught. Torrey Smith has caught some great passes that were deep but he has also Dropped ones that he should have caught. The Stats say he is having a down yr, but imo , i think he is having one of his best. Us losing Boldin Bad for us, great for you, but now its time for our Rookies, Laq.Williams (#15), Doss to step it up. Laq. has already proven him self he can play in this league. (Believe it or not but he is my Favorite offensive player on the RAVENS). Also Evans is just about 100%

PeRK82
12-23-2011, 12:30 PM
If anything, it makes the last 2 weeks of the season actually worth watching since so many teams are still alive and/or have a chance to move up in the seedings.

That why the League have made the scheduling for the division games at the end of the season and it actually worked.

Guess we all can agree to hope that the PATS lose atleast one of their last two. It is possible, The Bills did beat them earlier in the season, but the BILLS have had a lot of injuries. And as for the Dolphins, well, they do sometimes play well against the PATS. SOMETIMES,LOLOL

steelbad@50
12-24-2011, 06:53 AM
That why the League have made the scheduling for the division games at the end of the season and it actually worked.

Guess we all can agree to hope that the PATS lose atleast one of their last two. It is possible, The Bills did beat them earlier in the season, but the BILLS have had a lot of injuries. And as for the Dolphins, well, they do sometimes play well against the PATS. SOMETIMES,LOLOL

Definitely not relying on the fish to beat the Patriots, but that last game of the regular season Baltimore vs Cincy, now thats verrrrrry interesting. In Cincy to boot.