PDA

View Full Version : SMACK!!!!

ARKIESTEEL
06-23-2006, 07:49 AM
I am not saint and that is for sure. And I am not the sharpest guy that ever cut the mustard either ,but I have an idea of what may have lead up to all the folks getting upset.
First there has more than likely been a flood of folks coming and joining here since the SB( I am one of them I am internet stupid so it takes me awhile to catch on). Well the new guys come over here and want nothing more that to be like by the older guys ( I look at the join date not # of posts) so they see someone mouth off to someone they all jump them to show we are on the right "team". I have been guilty of this and once it gets started its hard to stop I have a bad temper when someone throws the inbred hick thing at me. I am not saying that there is not a time to jump I just think it happens at the drop of a hat instead of the right time. Steel-x said we need more mods to watch out for things I think he is wrong I think we are all humans and need to treat each other with respect, and those that cant act human can go play some where else. I hope that I am liked I hope that we all come together as the season gets closer to bond as only fans of the Steeler can.

Just my thoughts

SteelerzGirl
06-23-2006, 08:41 AM
I like ya, Arkie! You're one of the good guys. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g078.gif

DIESELMAN
06-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Good points.......One thing everyone needs to remember is this IS THE BLAST FURNACE!!!!! As the sign say at the door "What goes on in the 'BF' remains in the 'BF'. Not for the meek of heart!" there are many interpretations to that. Mine is this.....if you got a thin skin and can't take a verbal assault I suggest that person casually walk away from the door without so much a backward glance. The one thing to remember if you do turn that door knob is this-be prepared to read just about anything imaginable. Me personally i don't like the constant cursing over and over and over again its 3rd grade crap and it does wear on you. BUT i expect that from people so I come in here with my mind and eyes wide open. I am not the best "smack" talker in the world but I can hold my own. I try to use facts and knowledge of the game or whatever topic is going on to make a person shut the hell up or stay quiet for a long enough time to know that you just hit him with a hard right upper hook. Have you ever been in a room full of people and someone comes up with a your momma joke and the whole room gets so quiet you could here a pin drop? and the recepient of the joke has to leave the room or is tongue tied? To me that is the ultimate outcome of talking "smack". The use of 4, 5 and 6 letter words is just pointless in here because everyone knows them and its not a pretty thing to read over and over again. I mean anybody can say ****, s**t, ***** and the value of whatever the hell you were trying to say is lost cuz to me it comes across like a bunch of third graders. Don't get me wrong I have stooped to that level and just like anyone else I do get pissed in here but its up to each individual to maintain a little class. There should be another sign on the front door "If you can't hang with the big dogs , stay on the porch" If you don't like what goes on in here don't come in here I hate to put it like that but like anything else in this world everybody should know what turns them on and what turns them off. As far as the mods go...I think they do one hell of a job and I am sure when things get out of hand they do know when to step in. If they do it to much then it would get boring in here and the population of this site would go downhill pretty quick. So props to them for knowing when to step in and when to sit back and watch the carnage....lol As far as being new here and wanting to fit in I get that but on the flipside you got to be your own person in here or anywhere. I am the last person in the world who cares if I piss someone off I express my opinions and if someone doesn't like it oh well tough titty said the kitty. Life goes on theres bigger and worse things going on in the world then to be worried if someone on a forum likes me or not. This is just my opinion written expressly for your entertainment and viewing pleasure.....:helmet:

tony hipchest
06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
good analogy with the momma jokes. i guess theres people who have never sat around with their buddys watching a game and rag on eachother. hasnt anyone ever been walking through the mall with a friend and point to a big fat old lady bending over and say "theres your girlfriend"? we talk shit all the time and it gets way more vulgar than in here. hell i talk more shit to my father about being a jeff gordon fan, and i get it right back for being a rusty fan. we call eachother after every race just to talk shit. and our shit talking would have people all bent out of shape if they saw it on this board. people getting upset, or people coming into the blast furnace to tell people NOT to talk shit is rediculous. its fun, its entertainment, its a vent. ive talked shit with plenty of people in this board, but holding hard feelings against anyone here is pointless. having or showing hatred towards anyone is pointless. now clowning someone has a point, as does going off on someone to prove a point. all or some may not like it, and that doesnt matter. if a few people laugh, then great. mission accomplished.

83-Steelers-43
06-23-2006, 10:48 AM
I am the last person in the world who cares if I piss someone off I express my opinions and if someone doesn't like it oh well tough titty said the kitty. Life goes on theres bigger and worse things going on in the world then to be worried if someone on a forum likes me or not. This is just my opinion written expressly for your entertainment and viewing pleasure.....:helmet:

Excellent point.

Tough titty said the kitty.....:sofunny:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-23-2006, 11:43 PM
The problem with the smack lately in the BF is that its not just Steelers and NFL smack like its supposed to be but its turned into personal smack of all kinds mixed in with the regular NFL talk. SF members know how to smack talk with the best of them, but even the best of the best can be brought down the level of a lowly few now and then.

If we actually kept the smack talk to actual smack talk, that would be good.

Carry on :tt:

tony hipchest
06-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Tough titty said the kitty.....:sofunny:

....but the milk tastes good.

Stlrs4Life
06-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Good points Arkie.

Lyn
06-25-2006, 09:43 PM
ARKIE you know I love you. But for clarification you have said more against yourself than anyone else has!~ :)

floodcitygirl
06-26-2006, 12:16 AM
Good points Arkie.What he said!

Maidenarcher
06-26-2006, 03:16 PM
good analogy with the momma jokes. i guess theres people who have never sat around with their buddys watching a game and rag on eachother. hasnt anyone ever been walking through the mall with a friend and point to a big fat old lady bending over and say "theres your girlfriend"? we talk shit all the time and it gets way more vulgar than in here. hell i talk more shit to my father about being a jeff gordon fan, and i get it right back for being a rusty fan. we call eachother after every race just to talk shit. and our shit talking would have people all bent out of shape if they saw it on this board. people getting upset, or people coming into the blast furnace to tell people NOT to talk shit is rediculous. its fun, its entertainment, its a vent. ive talked shit with plenty of people in this board, but holding hard feelings against anyone here is pointless. having or showing hatred towards anyone is pointless. now clowning someone has a point, as does going off on someone to prove a point. all or some may not like it, and that doesnt matter. if a few people laugh, then great. mission accomplished.

I really like your way of thinking....I myself love to taunt, tease, be a smart arse, and sarcastic....Many of my friends are the same way...As long as it is in good fun....
Some people take it to the extreme and become way out of line...Others need to remember if they are in the Blast Furnace and can't take the heat then they shouldn't play with the big girls or boys.
One thing I always try to do when I am typing in a forum is to make sure people know I am kidding by putting LOL or something....Written word can often be misinterpreted in many ways cause you can't hear someone's voice or see someone's face while communicating....Sometimes people come off really hateful even when they were just playfully taunting someone.

HometownGal
06-26-2006, 03:34 PM
I am not saint and that is for sure. And I am not the sharpest guy that ever cut the mustard either ,but I have an idea of what may have lead up to all the folks getting upset.
First there has more than likely been a flood of folks coming and joining here since the SB( I am one of them I am internet stupid so it takes me awhile to catch on). Well the new guys come over here and want nothing more that to be like by the older guys ( I look at the join date not # of posts) so they see someone mouth off to someone they all jump them to show we are on the right "team". I have been guilty of this and once it gets started its hard to stop I have a bad temper when someone throws the inbred hick thing at me. I am not saying that there is not a time to jump I just think it happens at the drop of a hat instead of the right time. Steel-x said we need more mods to watch out for things I think he is wrong I think we are all humans and need to treat each other with respect, and those that cant act human can go play some where else. I hope that I am liked I hope that we all come together as the season gets closer to bond as only fans of the Steeler can.

Just my thoughts

Amen Arkie! :cool:

Many moons ago, I had thin skin on BBs, but over the years, that skin thickened and I realized that I have the choice of setting foot in the "fire pit" or staying out of it. It isn't like this forum doesn't pose a warning as to the content on its face. I think people need to realize that smack talk is just that - SMACK talk - harmless banter, tomfoolery between people. I don't, however, see the need for the smack talk to intensify into personal attacks to humiliate someone you don't know from a cake of soap. Just my two cents.

Lyn
06-26-2006, 05:56 PM
A few months ago, LITP and I did get into some stuff. I took it offense to a Patriot fan giving his opinion on what the Steelers should or should not do. See, I figured if you are not a Steeler fan get the hell out of here. But I have since learned that I was wrong in feeling that way and have tried to change my ways. LITP still does not speak to me. Sometimes when you say something THINK before you type it.....you may be very unintentionally hurting someones feelings.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-26-2006, 06:06 PM
As i have stated in the past....I do not get to post as much as I would like to because im usually doing school work and I sign onto SF in between my work and what not.......I always enjoy looking into the blast furnace...........
I dont thing anyone should take offense to what is said in there...........Most ot the time its an argument of who can have the "better" comeback....
I've been a member for almost a year now.........I noticed this site while i was in Iraq but was not able to join at the time........for obvious reasons.......My Rep. is not very high because when i put my 2cents in it is usually very quick....
Most of all i enjoy reading other post and SF is a great way to keep on on current steelers news.........Great steelers news........But..i also love to read the smack talk........it gives me a good laugh in between my work.......
Keep up the smack talk....