PDA

View Full Version : Standing by your man, Tomlin pay attention!

Curtain_of_Steel
12-23-2011, 02:24 PM
As much as hate the Jets, Sanchez and certainly not a big fan of Rex Ryan. His comments in the article seem like he doesn;t drive the bus over th ebakcs of his players. I guess Ryan could've came out and said," Holmes is repeat offender he should be suspended for doing something illegal" But no, he didn't.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7384260/new-york-jets-santonio-holmes-fined-celebration

New York Jets captain and wide receiver Santonio Holmes was fined $7,500 by the NFL on Friday for his celebration against the Eagles last week.

Week 16: Jets vs. Giants

Gang Green looks to stay alive against the Giants. Jets Center Blog
50 Greatest Jets

After catching a 25-yard dart from Mark Sanchez in the end zone, Holmes launched into the fly boy celebration, only to start flapping his wings to mock the Eagles. When he put his foot on the ball, he got called for unsportsmanlike conduct and cost his team 15 yards.

Using the ball as a prop is forbidden during celebrations.

Holmes had apologized to Jets coach Rex Ryan for the penalty.

"Just being a vet, you can't do silly things like that," Holmes said Sunday. "(It) cost our team 15 yards on special teams, giving those guys field position the way that they've been playing. I just can't do that."

Ryan stood by his player on Monday.

"I'll say this about Santonio and every other player on this team, they got my 100 percent support and we're in this thing together," Ryan said. "Are we perfect? No, none of us are perfect. Obviously you wish that thing never happened, I don't think it'll happen again. But again, I've got his back, he's got mine and this whole team is that way."

Sixburgher
12-23-2011, 02:44 PM
:rolleyes:

And when's the last time that lardass got called into the principal's office the way Tomlin did after publicly sticking up for Ryan Clark last month? Yeah, that's what I thought.

harrison'samonster
12-23-2011, 02:48 PM
the day Tomlin started talking like Rex is the day he can take off the black and gold. I don't think anybody needs to take lessons from Rex Ryan.

tanda10506
12-23-2011, 02:49 PM
That would have been better than what Tomlin said about Harrison. I don't recall what Tomlin said about Clark, but what he said this time around about Harrison was ridiculous. I'm not a fan of Ryan and I wouldn't want Tomlin to talk like Ryan, but even staying silent would have been great compared to what Tomlin said.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Apaprently when a player gets fined from the NFL, the head coach does not have to lick the back side of the leagues office. Which was a big debate here of what Tomlin should've said.

Again, this is not about liking Rex Ryan, my buddy loves the Jets so I'm all over the fat ass;s ass constantly, lol. Its purely to make a point, that a head coach can say something positive when a fine is levied.

MACH1
12-23-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.thecampussocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/rex-ryan-feet.jpg

Sixburgher
12-23-2011, 02:53 PM
That would have been better than what Tomlin said about Harrison. I don't recall what Tomlin said about Clark, but what he said this time around about Harrison was ridiculous.

Clark's fine got a reaction from Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who released a statement.

"I think the fine that Ryan Clark received was excessive," he said. "Ryan has my full support if he chooses to appeal this in any way."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_766537.html#ixzz1dJAY9Cij

People's reaction here to Tomlin's statement regarding Harrison is what's ridiculous.

Bayz101
12-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Not to be rude, but taking lessons for Ryan would probably be the worse thing to do. The Jets have more convicts than my local prison on their roster, do we need to take lessons from that?

Bayz101
12-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Clark's fine got a reaction from Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who released a statement.

"I think the fine that Ryan Clark received was excessive," he said. "Ryan has my full support if he chooses to appeal this in any way."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_766537.html#ixzz1dJAY9Cij

People's reaction here to Tomlin's statement regarding Harrison is what's ridiculous.

Exactly. People think that just because Tomlin wasn't on Harrison's jock that he's a bad coach. Maybe Tomlin agreed with the officials? Regardless of how it happened or when it happened, the helmets collided.

harrison'samonster
12-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Apaprently when a player gets fined from the NFL, the head coach does not have to lick the back side of the leagues office. Which was a big debate here of what Tomlin should've said.

Again, this is not about liking Rex Ryan, my buddy loves the Jets so I'm all over the fat ass;s ass constantly, lol. Its purely to make a point, that a head coach can say something positive when a fine is levied.

sorry man, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were advocating Tomlin becoming more vocal and acting like Ryan

tanda10506
12-23-2011, 03:11 PM
He doesn't have to have Harrison's back, just stay silent, don't make a statement against your player. Especially if that statement backs the leagues new "rules" that are ruining football, specifically the Steelers style of football.

austinfrench76
12-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I am 100% good with Tomlin's reaction to his players antics. He always does the right thing and handles it in-house. He doesn't give "passes" like Rex and you see the BS that goes on in NY. We have a model franchise, Tomlin helps keep it that way! Screw Rex and his feet!

Fire Arians
12-23-2011, 04:20 PM
rex ryan is the example of what NOT to do

from playing football to dieting, to having weird fetishes, etc, the list goes on

Bayz101
12-23-2011, 04:53 PM
rex ryan is the example of what NOT to do

from playing football to dieting, to having weird fetishes, etc, the list goes on

:thumbsup: