PDA

View Full Version : Negative Press

section514
06-23-2006, 11:41 AM
This is what you see when you go to Yahoo Sports....
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3118/untitled7do.jpg

section514
06-23-2006, 11:42 AM
i looks like the post gazette...

CantStop85
06-23-2006, 11:45 AM
How's it feel to be popular?

BlackNGold203
06-23-2006, 11:47 AM
We got the blueprint from the Bengals and Ravens.....

Blitzburgh55
06-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Its just that people care about the Steelers news more than other teams

nicesteel4life
06-23-2006, 12:44 PM
HEY! :tt: Ateleast were still being talked about on on the Sport Pages, think about it we could be the BROWNS :poop:

SteelerFanInCA
06-23-2006, 01:12 PM
HEY! :tt: Ateleast were still being talked about on on the Sport Pages, think about it we could be the BROWNS :poop:
Bad publicity is good publicity I guess.

j-dawg
06-23-2006, 02:00 PM

you're just jealous... hehehehe.....

HburgXL06
06-23-2006, 02:03 PM
I'd rather have no press than that press. We get enough shit in the media about how the Steelers don't do "it" right because we aren't a glitz and glamour team like the cowboys and this just makes our case worse......hopefully we can pull out of this negative tide soon.

BuFu

Hawk Believer
06-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Bad publicity is good publicity I guess.
Just ask Michael Jackson.

Hawk Believer
06-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I'd rather have no press than that press. We get enough shit in the media about how the Steelers don't do "it" right because we aren't a glitz and glamour team like the cowboys and this just makes our case worse......hopefully we can pull out of this negative tide soon.

BuFu
Our media loves nothing more than to tear down champions. Because too many of us like to see the mighty fall. Probably because most people haven't accomplished much that they are proud of and it makes them feel better about themselves to see other people screw up.

If you look at USC and all the bad press they have gotten...I really think that most big NCAA programs have problems like that, but most don't get uncovered because they aren't in the midst of a championship dynasty. I bet that if Texas keeps winning, there will be plenty of scandals bantered around in the press.

harp79
06-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Meh... QB getting into an accident doesn't say much about his character. Not wearing a helmet obviously wasn't a good idea, but that was a fairly innocuous mistake. The fine for not being liscensed in PA...well that's still not exactly a severe allegation.

A Rookie WR screwing up is a bit more troublesome, but the kid hasn't even played in a game yet, so I think we're fine with regards to our reputation. Last year's team was impecciable in this regard, and most of that team is still intact.

Worry not!

HometownGal
06-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Our media loves nothing more than to tear down champions. Because too many of us like to see the mighty fall.

I couldn't agree with you more. When you're at the top, you have a bullseye on your back and no matter how insignificant or petty a specific instance or behavior is, here comes the flood light and the negative fanfare right along with it.

Still feels damned good to be fans of the World Champs, doesn't it? :cool:

Hawk Believer
06-23-2006, 04:07 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. When you're at the top, you have a bullseye on your back and no matter how insignificant or petty a specific instance or behavior is, here comes the flood light and the negative fanfare right along with it.

Still feels damned good to be fans of the World Champs, doesn't it? :cool:
:pde: I wouldn't know...

nicesteel4life
06-23-2006, 04:11 PM
:pde: I wouldn't know...
And you never will wearing those colors

Hawk Believer
06-23-2006, 04:15 PM
And you never will wearing those colors
So all we have to do is change our uni color huh?

It'll happen. I will see a Seahawk wearing a SB ring before I die. I've got faith.

nicesteel4life
06-23-2006, 04:51 PM

It'll happen. I will see a Seahawk wearing a SB ring before I die. I've got faith.

I agree somewhat....Yeah when you pick up a free agent!!! :funny: Then you might see him wearing the ring he got with another team. :nana:
Seriously I bet we get another first! :dang:

Hawk Believer
06-23-2006, 05:12 PM
I agree somewhat....Yeah when you pick up a free agent!!! :funny: Then you might see him wearing the ring he got with another team. :nana:
Seriously I bet we get another first! :dang:
:stickout:

Heres to us finding out who wins that bet sooner than later....:toast:

ARKIESTEEL
06-23-2006, 05:18 PM

How old are you?

Stillers#1
06-23-2006, 05:18 PM

Well Franco played for you guys for a year or two, I am pretty sure he probably wore his ring while he was a Seahawk. Sorry I couldn't resist.:sofunny:

nicesteel4life
06-23-2006, 05:29 PM
:stickout:

Heres to us finding out who wins that bet sooner than later....:toast:
HELL YEAH!!!!
:cheers: :popcorn: :beerbang: :alcohol: :drink:

HburgXL06
06-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Our media loves nothing more than to tear down champions. Because too many of us like to see the mighty fall. Probably because most people haven't accomplished much that they are proud of and it makes them feel better about themselves to see other people screw up.

If you look at USC and all the bad press they have gotten...I really think that most big NCAA programs have problems like that, but most don't get uncovered because they aren't in the midst of a championship dynasty. I bet that if Texas keeps winning, there will be plenty of scandals bantered around in the press.

Exactly true. It is even more so when a team isn't supposed to be expected to have such problems. Example: In school there was always that "super good" kid. He always did everythin right and was favored it seemed in the eyes of all the teachers and adults. The other students were always tryin to find dirt on him to lower him to their level even if it was the most insignificant thing. I'm not sayin the Steelers are the prime example of a "super good kid" team, just that it is known that the organization attempts to set a higher bar for behavior and maturity on and off the field.

BuFu

Edit: I believe every team has an opportunity to win a bowl at some point. It's just a matter of the right players and more importantly the right coachin and management. The Seahawks will get there, all in time.

Maidenarcher
06-23-2006, 09:26 PM

BuFu

Just when I thought this was a clean forum you go and say a dirty word.....C*WB*YS!!
Just teasing....In my area they expect you to be a C*wb*ys or a S*ints fan....And to me it's like saying the Lord's name in vain....LOL

beSteelmyheart
06-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Better to be talked about than to be ignored, I guess. (shrug)

HburgXL06
06-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Just when I thought this was a clean forum you go and say a dirty word.....C*WB*YS!!
Just teasing....In my area they expect you to be a C*wb*ys or a S*ints fan....And to me it's like saying the Lord's name in vain....LOL

Forgive me father for I hath sinned.......

BuFu