PDA

View Full Version : Caging Batch

55BaileyFan
12-24-2011, 12:44 PM
The offense moved well on the first drive but now they seem to be caging Batch. This offense is going to look terrible all day if we don't let Batch play the damn game.

He is not spring chicken, but he knows what he's doing. Let him play football and go out there and win.

We still have to play tough. If you can't move on poor teams then you can't on good teams.

Twentyvalve
12-24-2011, 01:34 PM
I agree one hundred percent.

However, we know Arians won't allow that. To Arains, a 10 point lead is like a million points. Defense will play their typical cushion D and allow the Rams to have opportunities.

I watch the Steelers D and I wonder how they are ranked so high, when so many games are so close. I am befuddled.

Kanata-Steeler
12-24-2011, 03:17 PM
27 -> 0 is definitely NOT a "caged" Batch, even though he's just a Backup QB !

Twentyvalve
12-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I apparently suck today. Arians and the Steelers do not. :tt03:

I agree one hundred percent.

However, we know Arians won't allow that. To Arains, a 10 point lead is like a million points. Defense will play their typical cushion D and allow the Rams to have opportunities.

I watch the Steelers D and I wonder how they are ranked so high, when so many games are so close. I am befuddled.

Whodis
12-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Amazing what a running game will do for a team?

Sixburgher
12-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Amazing what a running game will do for a team?

Facing the worst rushing defense in the league helps too.

Bayz101
12-24-2011, 07:40 PM

:chuckle:

LayingTheWoodley56
12-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah, our running game looked better today than it has by far this season and the quality of competition had a lot to do it. The fact is, though, as I just said on a thread I started, we're very lucky to have Charlie as a guy who knows our system and can fill in when needed. Not a lot of teams have that same luxury, just look at the Cowboys a couple of seasons ago when they lost Romo and completely imploded, then look at us last season without Ben, going 3-1! Enough said.

sharkweek
12-24-2011, 10:41 PM
27 -> 0 is definitely NOT a "caged" Batch, even though he's just a Backup QB !

I think you missed the point of this thread as it was started during the game, and the OP specified that we would look terrible if we didn't let Batch throw. We eventually did "uncage" Batch and it turned into a blow out with a couple impressive 4th quarter TD drives that hinged very much on Batch's arm

Whodis
12-25-2011, 08:14 AM

good point..... I guess we'll see what happens next week