PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Scenarios

Rotorhead
12-24-2011, 03:43 PM
So now that the Jets lost, the Bengals will be in win and you in mode next weekend. Pats almost lost so are vulnerable next week to Buffalo, going to go down to last week for seeding still, with us still possibly getting 1,2 or 5 seed. Lets go Bengals & Bills! Actually any is fine with me, as long as the Broncos take the West so the Steelers will come here!

Fire Arians
12-24-2011, 03:47 PM
i hope detroit puts the smack down on the chargers, cause i'd rather face the broncos

jjpro11
12-24-2011, 03:47 PM
GO BENGALS!!! if the Patriots get the 1 seed, oh well.. it didn't work out so well for them last year. i just want that bye and home field against most likely Baltimore.

jjpro11
12-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Oakland won today.. so it could be a trip to Oakland.

Rotorhead
12-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah, want the bye more than anything, and the Ravens losing the div after sweeping us would just be icing on the cake.

Rotorhead
12-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Broncos have tiebreaker over Oakland i think, broncos win and they are in.

Fire Arians
12-24-2011, 03:53 PM
GO BENGALS!!! if the Patriots get the 1 seed, oh well.. it didn't work out so well for them last year. i just want that bye and home field against most likely Baltimore.

i'd be just fine with a #2 seed

tanda10506
12-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Me too. I don't like the idea of playing in NE, but I don't see NE being that good in the playoffs with that bad of a defense. The #2 would make sure we don't have to play in Baltimore, which is huge this year IMO. For some reason, even though it's the same squad as last year and the same corp group as the last few years, this year we just aren't that good on the road. In Pittsburgh with Ben healthy in a playoff atmosphere we will beat anybody/everybody.

JustinM
12-24-2011, 06:02 PM
i wanna play Tebow and have Harrison crush his skull in.

JCPsteelers
12-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Bungles win and they are in so that means they'll probably choke at home which would be typical of their franchise history.

Still I will be rooting like heck for them since if they win and we win, number 2 seed for us.

If Bengals lose, its either at Oakland or at Denver. Denver wins tiebreaker if they both finish 8-8 or 9-7.

Bayz101
12-24-2011, 07:32 PM
As long as we're in, I don't care. I'm not afraid of the road. Wouldn't be the first time we won every game on the road, just need the heart to do it.

Whodis
12-24-2011, 07:55 PM
The Rat / Bungle game could be the one to watch.. I can't believe Miami left that one get away.

caplovestroyp43
12-24-2011, 08:35 PM

Good Lord, that's a little strong isn't it? Tebow never done anything to us. Save that for Flacco or Brady!

Fire Arians
12-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Good Lord, that's a little strong isn't it? Tebow never done anything to us. Save that for Flacco or Brady!

jesus christ man

BlaZeQuietly
12-24-2011, 09:00 PM
haha id love to see tebows head get crushed by harrison lol. So say we get a number 2 seed who would we play? RAVENS AT HOME?
so were looking at either

BRONCOS ON ROAD
RAIDERS ON ROAD
RAVENS AT HOME

are those the only 3 possibilities? no way we'd get the pats in round 1 is there

Fire Arians
12-24-2011, 09:08 PM
haha id love to see tebows head get crushed by harrison lol. So say we get a number 2 seed who would we play? RAVENS AT HOME?
so were looking at either

BRONCOS ON ROAD
RAIDERS ON ROAD
RAVENS AT HOME

are those the only 3 possibilities? no way we'd get the pats in round 1 is there

as #2 seed we wouldn't run into the pats unless it's the conference title
as #5 we could run into the pats in rd. 2 if the 6th seed knocks off the Texans (which could be very likely)

queeg
12-25-2011, 12:31 AM

True diabolical sickness this post.

Bayz101
12-25-2011, 01:52 AM
True diabolical sickness this post.

He's an atheist i'm sure

steeld3_4
12-28-2011, 12:05 PM
as #2 seed we wouldn't run into the pats unless it's the conference title
as #5 we could run into the pats in rd. 2 if the 6th seed knocks off the Texans (which could be very likely)

We will only face the patriots in Rd. 2 if the Texans win Wild card weekend, in that scenario they would go play the 2 seed in round 2. If they loose then the #6 seed would go to Foxboro, meaning winner of 4/5 game will go to the 2 seed.

Rick5895
12-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Every body assumes we will play the Rats. If we end up 2 the Rats have to go out west. The way they have played this season on the road they could well lose.
If we end up 5 likely that Balt is 2. I don't see the Texans Liaong to the 6 seed. We would play Cheats ( I can't deer them losing to Buff this w/e). The maybe Rats un conference title game. This weekend will be very interesting.

Fire Arians
12-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Every body assumes we will play the Rats. If we end up 2 the Rats have to go out west. The way they have played this season on the road they could well lose.
If we end up 5 likely that Balt is 2. I don't see the Texans Liaong to the 6 seed. We would play Cheats ( I can't deer them losing to Buff this w/e). The maybe Rats un conference title game. This weekend will be very interesting.

I can see the texans losing to the #6 seed. Texans lost to carolina then to indy the week after. they are stumbling into the playoffs and most likely one and done, unless the team they play against is totally incapable of stopping the run. then in that case, just hand it to foster

tanda10506
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
I can see the texans losing to the #6 seed. Texans lost to carolina then to indy the week after. they are stumbling into the playoffs and most likely one and done, unless the team they play against is totally incapable of stopping the run. then in that case, just hand it to foster

Agreed, third string qb's don't win playoff games.

Bayz101
12-28-2011, 07:20 PM
The Texans deserve a playoff spot, but Shaub deserves to be the one playing in it. They won't win with Yates, or any other quarterback besides Shaub. It just isn't going to happen.