PDA

View Full Version : Reality.........................

Ricco Suavez
12-24-2011, 06:55 PM
We won a game we needed to win today. But lets get real, this may be the worst team we have played all year and we played them at home. We ran the ball well but it was against the leagues WORST run defense.Lets not forget we gave up almost as many rushing yards as we had.

I said after some wins this season when others where bemoaning the fact we won by a slim margin that any win in the NFL is good esp. if on the road. This was no different, it still is a quality win because it is a win. I hope this team gets healthy to make a push in the playoffs. I do believe we need the second seed for that extra week of rest and home field advantage first game.

Bottom line as much as Ben is chastised for his play, we do not go to the Superbowl this year without him playing as well as he has in past playoff games. His critics focus on his bad performances and do not care to view his play as a whole during the Steelers playoff runs. He is only one player but he plays what in todays game is the most important position on the field. And with that said we need everyone somewhat healthy to make a run.

This week my mantra is GO STEELERS and GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!!:tt02:

stb_steeler
12-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Any giving Sunday.......:tt02:

Rick5895
12-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I agree about the run D today. But they seemed to play straight up quite a bit. When we needed a stop we got it. The rams didn't score and we held them to under 70 yards passing.
I thought we played a decent game overall.
Bengals need a win next week and will give the Rats all they can handle and I predict the Bungles will win. We just have to beat the clowns....and we will.

Eztarget
12-24-2011, 07:43 PM
The clowns today just blew chance after chance to upset the Ravens. It was sad watching them waste 40 seconds with a 1st and goal at the end of the first half and not put up ANY points.

Then watching them blow a wide open Hillis on 3rd down only to run the same play on 4th down and lose yards.

Then to top it all off they jump offsides when they had a last shot of getting the ball back when the whole planet knew Flacco wasn't snapping it on 4th and 2.

All that said we'll probably lose to them next week.

OX1947
12-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Likely Reality= Steelers will have to beat the Ravens AND Patriots to get to the Super Bowl. Best case scenario, Steelers win next week, ravens lose and Pats win. Therefore, Steelers get the 2 seed and avoid one or the other.

Fire Arians
12-24-2011, 08:21 PM
we did what good teams do to bad teams. beat them convincingly. if i was the ravens, i'd be concerned. they go from getting blown out by the chargers, and almost pissing away a 20 pt lead to cleveland at home. they are getting sloppy, that was a bad bounce back game for them

OX1947
12-24-2011, 08:22 PM
we did what good teams do to bad teams. beat them convincingly. if i was the ravens, i'd be concerned. they go from getting blown out by the chargers, and almost pissing away a 20 pt lead to cleveland at home. they are getting sloppy, that was a bad bounce back game for them

Yes, but the Steelers keep enabling them.

Bayz101
12-24-2011, 08:26 PM
In reality, we didn't start many first stringers.

Bayz101
12-24-2011, 08:27 PM

:thumbsup:

Whodis
12-24-2011, 08:51 PM
In reality we are going to the playoffs!!

We ran the ball against a terrible rushing defense.

ggoldman
12-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I hope Hines gets his 5 catches next week

Boomer
12-24-2011, 11:20 PM
In reality, we didn't start many first stringers.

Yep and I thought the back ups played pretty well once they settled down.

ricardisimo
12-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Reality evidently means poo-pooing anything good. I thought reality meant a win is a win, but no... :noidea:

Whodis
12-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Im with you... Feel better then I would if the Browns came back, down from 20 or Jackson runs over 100 yds. It was the type of game we needed (lots of pats on the back). I don't think the Browns will be giving us a "good luck in the playoffs" game.

I'll be happier when they learn to use a FB, just my opinion. If we can get in the playoffs with a healthy Ben, Pouncey, Woodley and an injured Moore I will be pretty confident.

fortmemphis
12-25-2011, 10:21 AM
I havent been on the board since the disappointing performance against SF last Sunday night. Im sure this may have already been hashed and re-hashed, so please pardon the repetition.

Has anyone thought of what would have happened if Tomlin had played Batch say in the 2nd half of the SF game? The reality of the situation is that we (Pitt) had an enormous opportunity handed to us last week by the Chargers when they beat BAL.

My question is: Is a healthy Charlie Batch better for the team than a crippled Big Ben who turns the ball over 4 times and those TO's lead to points?

I have all the respect in the world for SF and what Harbaugh has done with them, but just like in last year's Super Bowl, we handed the Niners the ball 4 times with turnovers just like last year against GB.

The reality of the situation for me is that a mobile Charlie Batch who can plant his feet and transfer his weight when he passes the ball may have been better for the team, but Tomlin left it up to Ben. And we all know Ben is NEVER going to say that him sitting is better for the team'.

We may have lost the game anyway with Batch under center, but Tomlin took a hell of a risk of hurting Ben more and let's be real, Ben played horribly. Everyone could see it. Why not try Charlie in the 2nd half? We werent going to get much worse on offense.

IMHO, that is the time when Tomlin should have stepped in as the Head Coach and told Ben to take a seat and rest. He should have made a CEO type decision for the good of the team. We scored a whopping 3 points against SF. I would dare say that Batch could have equaled that performance.

Sometimes it seems that Tomlin lets the veteran players have more of a say than he should. We let a huge opportunity slip away by playing a 50% Ben vs a healthy Batch. A couple series would have been rough, but Charlie would have gotten acclamated. He may not have moved the team much more, but 4 turnovers???? I dont think that would have happened. And therefore SF would not have scored 20 pts.

That is the reality of the situation. Now we are dependent on the Bengals. Hope they can come thru for us.

Pa Yankee
12-25-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm glad Ben stayed in. He even said he did not want to put Charlie in that situation after the game was over.

BlaZeQuietly
12-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I wanted ben to play but I didnt realize how bad he was hurt, he was in no condition to play and batch should have gotten that start.

Bayz101
12-25-2011, 02:50 PM
You never want to throw your backup into the fiery inferno that is MNF against a great defense. He probably should have, but i'm not sure. I think Ben starting was the right thing. But who gives a hoot, that was last week.