PDA

View Full Version : Browns game moved to 4:15

BossAus
12-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Which benefits us, as the Ravens play at 1, so we will know whether to play Ben or not.

theplatypus
12-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks Roger G

ETL
12-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I would be pissed if I were the Ravens.

jjpro11
12-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Ravens game got moved to 4:15 also.

Bayz101
12-25-2011, 02:57 AM

Yep.

jjpro11
12-25-2011, 03:27 AM
we'll at least know if the #1 seed is available when we play. Pats game is at 1pm.

Rick5895
12-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Doesn't matter when we play, there is NO scenario in which we should play Ben !!

theplatypus
12-25-2011, 08:20 AM

So much for that gift

Stu Pidasso
12-25-2011, 11:30 AM
I'll be at the Steeler game next week, I'm glad it got moved. I can sleep in, and then I have 3 extra hours to make fun of the Clowns. Win win.

Bayz101
12-25-2011, 02:56 PM
I think it would be dumb not to at least throw all the starters in at some point to get some play time. Both time's we've manged to get any kind of rest we've came out and played terrible. Almost lost to pre-orton chiefs and got pummeled by the niners off of 11 days rest. We need to avoid getting out-of-sync. That kind of stuff doesn't get fixed with halftime adjustments, that's somethings that's going to linger for a bit.

BlaZeQuietly
12-25-2011, 09:12 PM
If Ben can go he should GO, if he looks anything like he did last week he shouldn't. I keep tellin' ya ben is NO GOOD when hes rusty, remember week 1? DO YA? If you want to cough the ball up 7 times in round one of the play off's go ahead and rest him for 3 weeks.

pittpete
12-25-2011, 09:56 PM
If you want to cough the ball up 7 times in round one of the play off's go ahead and rest him for 3 weeks.

Im beginning to believe that
Maybe Ben can play a quarter or two if healthy

kewldaddydave
12-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Im beginning to believe that
Maybe Ben can play a quarter or two if healthy

I agree that Ben should see some time IF he can move around. Should be interesting to see what the staff comes up with as far as who will play and or sit. GO STEELERS!!!

PhantomJB93
12-26-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm actually pretty mad this is later in the day now. Of course this and the CIN-BAL game have to be played simultaneously as they were scheduled, that's only fair. But now that the Jets game is at 1, Cincy is automatically in if the Jets lose (I think), and if they blow it Cincy will obviously be a little less motivated to ball out against Baltimore and could cost us that bye week.

Bayz101
12-26-2011, 02:40 AM
I'm actually pretty mad this is later in the day now. Of course this and the CIN-BAL game have to be played simultaneously as they were scheduled, that's only fair. But now that the Jets game is at 1, Cincy is automatically in if the Jets lose (I think), and if they blow it Cincy will obviously be a little less motivated to ball out against Baltimore and could cost us that bye week.

I think your right.

Bayz101
12-26-2011, 02:56 AM
If Bills and Bengals win we take the #1 seed I believe.

Ricco Suavez
12-26-2011, 09:49 AM

Cincy needs either the Broncos or Raiders to lose/tie if they lose to the Rats. The only way for them to be sure is to win.

steelerchad
12-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Cincy needs either the Broncos or Raiders to lose/tie if they lose to the Rats. The only way for them to be sure is to win.

Only the Jets/Raiders matter. The Broncos need a win to get in as the division winner. They can't be a wildcard. Bengals can only get in with a loss if the Jets and Raiders both lose. Bengals will have to win if they want to guarantee a spot as the Raiders play the Chargers at 4:15.

tenn1968
12-26-2011, 01:39 PM

True, but what if the Broncos or Raiders fall way behind, early in their games. Cincy sees the scoreboard, sees they are in the playoffs even if they lose to the Ravens, and Cincy loses their motivation to go all out and risk injury, etc.

steelerchad
12-26-2011, 01:59 PM
True, but what if the Broncos or Raiders fall way behind, early in their games. Cincy sees the scoreboard, sees they are in the playoffs even if they lose to the Ravens, and Cincy loses their motivation to go all out and risk injury, etc.

As I stated earlier in the thread, the Broncos game don't mean shit towards the wildcard for the Bengals. No impact whatsoever.
If the Jets win at Miami, the Bengals have to win to get in. If not, then the Raiders must lose to the Chargers if the Bengals don't want to show up for their game. Both games are at 4:15pm. The chances that the Jets lose and the Chargers are far enough ahead of the Raiders to make the Bengals stop playing hard are pretty remote. The much more likely scenario is that the Steelers are crushing the Browns and the Ravens see this on the scoreboard and their a**holes pucker to the size of a raisin and they choke the game against the Bengals away.

RavenManiac
12-26-2011, 05:50 PM
As I stated earlier in the thread, the Broncos game don't mean shit towards the wildcard for the Bengals. No impact whatsoever.
If the Jets win at Miami, the Bengals have to win to get in. If not, then the Raiders must lose to the Chargers if the Bengals don't want to show up for their game. Both games are at 4:15pm. The chances that the Jets lose and the Chargers are far enough ahead of the Raiders to make the Bengals stop playing hard are pretty remote. The much more likely scenario is that the Steelers are crushing the Browns and the Ravens see this on the scoreboard and their a**holes pucker to the size of a raisin and they choke the game against the Bengals away.

The Broncos game does/can matter to Cincy. As another poster said, Cincy can clinch even with a loss to the Ravens if: the Jets lose and Oakland loses or Jets lose and Denver loses.

Cincy loses, Jets lose, Oakland wins, Denver loses, and Cincy is in.

Denver cannot be the wildcard, true, but they can lose so that Oakland gets the #4 seed and therefore does not take up the #6 seed (which Cincy could back into).

Ricco Suavez
12-26-2011, 06:26 PM
According to ESPN playoff machine First Cincy wins they in. Jets lose does not guarantee them in. If both Broncos and Oakland win and Cincy loses along with the Jets then the two west coast teams are in. It would be in our benefit if the Jets won to keep pressure on the Bengals, but if not then both west coast teams need to be close so as to make Cincy play tough all the way. It does not mean a thing if Steelers do not take care of Browns.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Thank God they did this. Killed me going to the dreaded inlaws sandpaper roast pork 4pm dinner that is served 2 hours late because they are making sure the pig is dead.

I guess every holiday season there is something to be thankful for, lol

Steelers need to play to win. Benglas can easily beat the Ravens at Cincy. The Browns had a shot if not for stupidity by the players and that idiot Shurmur. Bengals played good ball this past weekend, they can do this. Than we get Home field at least a game and more importantly a 2 week break. I would like to see Ben a little bit if possible just to keep him active, but only if the ankle is good to go.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Ricco, I think Cincy plays hard regardless of the stinking jets outcome. They have to stay hot for the playoffs and Dalton needs to keep getting better. Who better to pick a part than the Ravens, lol

Asking for the Jets to win is a like asking Santa to bring you that Ferrari you had your eye on. Sanchez sucks, hasn't gotten any better. He better hope Manning doesnt become availabel as Ryan will go after him.

LVSteelersfan
12-27-2011, 11:13 AM
The Bungles hate the Ratbirds. I am sure they will do whatever they can to beat them regardless of the playoff scenario. If all they can do is play spoiler, then I am sure that they will do it.

Pentheon
12-27-2011, 07:25 PM
ben needs to rest regardless if the pats or ravens lose or not...I believe we are capable of beating the browns without ben, our defense should be able to hold them to little or no points just like last time.

I believe the bengals will beat the ravens, they know they gotta win and I think they will. I had a good feeling about that game against the chargers last week too

Fire Arians
12-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I think it would be dumb not to at least throw all the starters in at some point to get some play time. Both time's we've manged to get any kind of rest we've came out and played terrible. Almost lost to pre-orton chiefs and got pummeled by the niners off of 11 days rest. We need to avoid getting out-of-sync. That kind of stuff doesn't get fixed with halftime adjustments, that's somethings that's going to linger for a bit.

agree for the most part, but i wanted to point out a couple things.

playing the chiefs at arrowhead isn't necessarily an easy game. yes they aren't a great team but that stadium is loud and they have playmakers on defense. tamba hali and johnson are beasts. they did well enough at home to beat the packers, that says a lot.

losing to SF was more of ben not being ready to play than anything else. he could barely hand the ball off, and his mobility was so limited that he basically telegraphed everything he did. before the snap the defense already knew if it was going to be run or pass, just judging the difference in his stance under center. we're not going to win in the playoffs if ben doesn't get healthier. for everyone else, if they're not hobbled, they should play.

Bayz101
12-27-2011, 08:35 PM
agree for the most part, but i wanted to point out a couple things.

playing the chiefs at arrowhead isn't necessarily an easy game. yes they aren't a great team but that stadium is loud and they have playmakers on defense. tamba hali and johnson are beasts. they did well enough at home to beat the packers, that says a lot.

losing to SF was more of ben not being ready to play than anything else. he could barely hand the ball off, and his mobility was so limited that he basically telegraphed everything he did. before the snap the defense already knew if it was going to be run or pass, just judging the difference in his stance under center. we're not going to win in the playoffs if ben doesn't get healthier. for everyone else, if they're not hobbled, they should play.

Playing anywhere on the road isn't easy, but it's probably what we're going to have to do. We need to prepare now, playoffs are right around the bend.