PDA

View Full Version : We should be grateful to have Chazz Batch as our backup quarterback

LayingTheWoodley56
12-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Forget the fact that he helped us to a 3-1 record last year in Ben's absence, or his fairly excellent 5-2 record as a starter since 2003. Well, I can't really say that since that is a big part of the reason why I'm writing this, but are we not lucky to have the kind of continuity, experience and leadership at the backup quarterback spot as we have with Charlie? With most teams, the QB2 spot is like a revolving door. We've basically had the same one for almost a decade now, and I have to imagine that CB is almost like another coach on the sidelines. He must know our system in and out, and I think it says something about his character that we have kept him around as a backup for as long as we have. It's good to have someone that we all know and count on filling in for Ben whenever we need it - who's to say that we couldn't have lost today without him running the show? Thank you #16, you'll be missed whenever you go whether it be after this season or any other.

Bayz101
12-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Charlie has always been a great backup, and at one point in his career teams wanted to build their franchise around him...I think if Charlie would have found a team other than Pittsburgh that he may have been a great starter. Remember he ranked among the top ten in his early years with Detroit.