PDA

View Full Version : Nice breakdown of Harrison in beast mode

ricardisimo
12-25-2011, 03:58 PM
From Steelers Depot (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12/breakdown-of-james-harrison-abusing-adam-goldberg-for-near-sack/). Harrison is ridiculous. There is no way to stop him, except by fines and suspensions. That observation leads me to start calling him "Harrison Bergeron", which would make Goodell the Handicapper General. Can't believe I didn't make this connection before.

I'm going to laugh myself to sleep tonight.

harrison'samonster
12-25-2011, 04:30 PM
wow! Harrison is a great pass rusher. I wish he'd rush more often. Him and Woodley are going to tear it up in the playoffs. Also with Polamalu healthy, I'm pretty optimistic at this point about what this team can do.

ricardisimo
12-25-2011, 06:42 PM
An oldie, but a goodie (http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/james-harrison-comes-up-from-bottom-of-pile-with-h,18902/):
http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/18902/SB-James-Harrison-R_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85.jpg

BlaZeQuietly
12-25-2011, 07:18 PM
I really think that this years team is better than last years team, homefield or no. The only thing is last year we had a fairly easy route to the play offs.... Ravens at home, jets at home. Now it could very well be Denver away, Pats away, Ravens away. Beating the Pats in new england would be tough

TAmes
12-25-2011, 11:43 PM
The amazing thing about JH92 is that he gets held nearly every time he rushes the QB, and he still manages to be incredibly disruptive. I'm not one to complain about refs, but I find it absurd that there are so many non calls involving Harrison when he's dragged to the ground by o-linemen.

Bayz101
12-26-2011, 03:23 AM
Wow, he wrecked Goldberg! When Woodley get's well, it's going to insane!

Steeldude
12-26-2011, 09:04 AM
he's really the steelers only pass rushing threat. woodley basically gets sacks based on the scheme, not ability. harrison makes sacks happen based on his pure power and tenacious motor.

it would be nice if they would at least throw a flag on 10% of the times harrison is held.

TRH
12-26-2011, 09:13 AM
True. The only way TO stop him is fines and suspensions. Appararently, thats what the league office wants to do and IS doing. Man, they just hate to see him on top in "stats" and such, you just know they do w/out question.

sharkweek
12-26-2011, 10:27 PM
uh, blatant holding with no penalty is another way to stop him :flap:

Steel Peon
12-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I find it absurd that there are so many non calls involving Harrison when he's dragged to the ground by o-linemen.
it would be nice if they would at least throw a flag on 10% of the times harrison is held.
Agree with........It gets to be so much, after about 20 non-calls I find myself yelling at the TV: "Call f@*king holding, you limp dick corp of Goodell butt pirates!"

StainlessStill
12-27-2011, 12:49 PM
From Steelers Depot (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12/breakdown-of-james-harrison-abusing-adam-goldberg-for-near-sack/). Harrison is ridiculous. There is no way to stop him, except by fines and suspensions. That observation leads me to start calling him "Harrison Bergeron", which would make Goodell the Handicapper General. Can't believe I didn't make this connection before.

I'm going to laugh myself to sleep tonight.

I was at the game Sunday and remember this play vividly. I was watching the overall play on the field as the big picture but when the replay showed, I happened to watch Harrison and I couldn't believe my eyes. Anyone remember Kendrell Bell? He'd do this on every occasion but this freak of nature, James Harrison, puts Bell to shame.

Truly an unbelievable monster #92 is. They always did say his small size mixed in with his incredible power makes Harrison the hardest linebacker to block in the NFL and this is just one of the 1 million reasons why that is a fact.

ricardisimo
12-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Anyone with HD copies of all of the games and some free time should compile vidcaps of every single non-call on James, with the timecode on each shot, and we'll all sign it and send the compilation into whoever the hell replaced Mike Perreira as Director of Officiating (I challenge anyone to find out who the hell runs the NFL these days. Talk about secretive... they look and feel more like the Mafia).

Steel Peon
12-27-2011, 04:43 PM
whoever the hell replaced Mike Perreira as Director of Officiating (I challenge anyone to find out who the hell runs the NFL these days. Talk about secretive... they look and feel more like the Mafia).
This is a great point that I've thinking about a whole lot this year and last. I also noticed Pirera had moved on to being a Fox commentator, which probably pays a lot more, and that he was not doing the "Official Review" segment on NFL(network).com anymore. However, we did not get introduced to his replacement and they don't do Official Review anymore. Couple all that with all the mentally deficient rulings this year so far and the league is starting to smell funny. With all the new rules on tackling they can throw a flag whenever they want, and without Pirera to correct them, they get to call whatever they (or whoever) want.

My official personal opinion (opo :b) is that Goodell controls what happens in the entire league through the refs........it's hard to imagine they're that inept to make all the calls they have been. Even the TV announcers seem to be in utter bewilderment at the decisions they make anymore.

harrison'samonster
12-27-2011, 06:33 PM
opo? I like that!

I think the refs are just bumbling morons who can't get their act together. They are so inconsistant. I don't think Goodell has to work too hard to make them any worse than they already are.

Acerinox
12-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Absolutely sensational from JH92 - it was hilarious as it unfolded.
However, what this breakdown also reveals is a monumental whiff from Worilds.
The wide run is Worilds's main move, for sure, and OK anyone can slip under a block, although you shouldn't, of course.
But when he gets to his feet he doesn't see that he needs to seal Clemens's escape to the right and allow Foote (probably) to complete the sack. Instead he basically "chases the ball" rather than anticipating the player and ends up behind the play, and getting in the way, which is of course the great crime.
Bit disappointing I think.

Kanata-Steeler
12-28-2011, 08:59 AM
pass-rusher, and beast are understatement's, :)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/01/james-harrison-super-bowl_n_162976.html
... just one of a billion other genuine articles like this, even though it's just a blast from the recent past.
Goodell, who is so UN-manly, has only proven of late, how afraid, and therefore hateful he really is of this man.
:helmet:

4xSBChamps
12-28-2011, 09:48 AM
"... you limp-dick corp of Goodell butt pirates!"

wow... wish I'd sent you a Christmas card... mind if I use this phrase in the future?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrison-yourboyshurt.jpg

Bayz101
12-29-2011, 04:31 AM
wow... wish I'd sent you a Christmas card... mind if I use this phrase in the future?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrison-yourboyshurt.jpg

:rofl: