PDA

View Full Version : Week 17 thoughts: Go Bengals

ETL
12-25-2011, 07:06 PM
1. I'm a Bengals fans this week. I don't care if they mis-named their mascot not after a tiger but the after a region in India. Go Hindus! I don't care. Who Dey? Who Dey? - just beat the Ravens at home - play for your playoff lives. Leap over defenders - do whatever it takes - just win.

2. Hines Ward - I truly wish for him to get his 5 catches and get to 1000 this Sunday. Ward had 4 targets this past week and he caught all 4. I know it is more important to win than get Ward his catches but if the football Gods are listening - can we please please have both.

3. No Injuries = truly winning. Given that we are already in the playoffs and may not have a chance to advance any higher in seeding - the worst thing that could happen in this game is for one of our key starters to get injured. Again, I ask the football Gods - please no injuries.

4. Finally, we are a better team than the Ravens. They are desperately wanting a home playoff game - as if that was the only thing that was holding them back from winning the SB. They are one dimensional in offense (Ray Rice) and their defense can be exposed. Even if we have to play them in Baltimore in the playoffs - I think we will prevail.

Ricco Suavez
12-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I am just glad that the Who Deys playoff situation will not be decided by gametime. They will have no excuse to lay down and rest players since they also depend on the outcome of the Broncos and Raiders game. They can still back into the playoffs but they can only be sure of a win and in scenario.

harrison'samonster
12-25-2011, 07:17 PM
I'll be rooting for the Bengals as well this weekend! They have a pretty good shot at taking down the Ravens, who in my opinion are nowhere near the juggernaut their fans seem to think they are.

I think the Bengals will be up for this one.

Ricco Suavez
12-25-2011, 07:19 PM
BTW, been reading a Ravens forum (just reading, I never post) and the general consensus is they expect a dog fight but to come out on top. They still holding out for a Patsy loss against the Bills. And surprise, surprise, they expect the Browns to take care of the Steelers. They have a few doom and gloom posters (thought we were the only ones) that see the Ravens losing and the Steelers winning dropping them to the fifth spot. Regardless of what the fans think I see both games late Sunday coming down to the wire.

harrison'samonster
12-25-2011, 07:20 PM
I completely agree about both games going down to the wire. The Browns over the past few years have been giving us everything they've got. As a fan I wouldn't have it any other way.

BlaZeQuietly
12-25-2011, 08:09 PM
I think the bengles will play very well against the ravens. Like the chargers the bengles are red hott right now and may very well burn a hole through the ravens (granted the ravens havn't last 2 in a row in a LONG time) The bengles defiantly need this game more than the ravens, so if they come out on top once again pitt will have a chance to secure at least 2nd seed. It's really not that far fetched, it should be a GREAT game, but hopefully the browns don't injure us any more they are a very hard nosed team and dey dazerve raspec!

ricardisimo
12-25-2011, 08:13 PM
I think the bengles will play very well against the ravens. Like the chargers the bengles are red hott right now and may very well burn a hole through the ravens (granted the ravens havn't last 2 in a row in a LONG time) The bengles defiantly need this game more than the ravens, so if they come out on top once again pitt will have a chance to secure at least 2nd seed. It's really not that far fetched, it should be a GREAT game, but hopefully the browns don't injure us any more they are a very hard nosed team and dey dazerve raspec!
Ummm... I hope the Bengals are a little more "red hot" than the Chargers. That wouldn't help us at all.

BlaZeQuietly
12-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Ummm... I hope the Bengals are a little more "red hot" than the Chargers. That wouldn't help us at all.

Um did you forget when the chargers beat the ravens faces into the ground last week? Sure they blew it this week but they were RED SCALDING HOT when they played the rat birds last sunday night. You must have forgotten, it's okay, We all forget things from time to time.:coffee:

ricardisimo
12-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Um did you forget when the chargers beat the ravens faces into the ground last week? Sure they blew it this week but they were RED SCALDING HOT when they played the rat birds last sunday night. You must have forgotten, it's okay, We all forget things from time to time.:coffee:
Your comment would have made sense if it had been posted just a day or two earlier, but... Yeah, I hope the Bengals are more red hot than that.

DanRooney
12-26-2011, 02:37 AM
I hope Hines catches 5 passes next week and we win the SB so he doesn't come back for sure.

Bayz101
12-26-2011, 04:28 AM
I hope Hines catches 5 passes next week and we win the SB so he doesn't come back for sure.

I didn't think it was possible NOT to love Hines. You have proven me wrong.

ricardisimo
12-26-2011, 05:35 AM
I didn't think it was possible NOT to love Hines. You have proven me wrong.
Dan only likes Steelers who have been cut and not picked up by other teams. :noidea:

Bayz101
12-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Dan only likes Steelers who have been cut and not picked up by other teams. :noidea:

He's a free agent homer. Don't see that much!

finesward
12-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Dan :heart: 's http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/football/nfl/03/11/pro.days.draft.news.tracker/thaddeus-gibson.jpg

austinfrench76
12-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Hell yes, Go Bungals!!!!

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Dan :heart: 's http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/football/nfl/03/11/pro.days.draft.news.tracker/thaddeus-gibson.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/25/hines-ward-expected-to-stay-on-bench/

<3

ricardisimo
12-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Like I said, he only likes Steelers who have been cut and not picked up by another team, which means no love for Hines until maybe next year.

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Like I said, he only likes Steelers who have been cut and not picked up by another team, which means no love for Hines until maybe next year.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure I'm huge fans of Troy, Harrison, Ben, Wallace, Brown, Pouncey, Taylor, Keisel, among others. You've never seen me rag on any of those guys.

What I'm not a fan of is veterans who are way past their prime taking up roster spots and hindering the team (Ward, Farrior). You guys seem to think it's okay to have Ward on the field at all times. And only the dumbest of franchises will pick up Hines Ward if he decides to play next year.

ricardisimo
12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Really? Because I'm pretty sure I'm huge fans of Troy, Harrison, Ben, Wallace, Brown, Pouncey, Taylor, Keisel, among others. You've never seen me rag on any of those guys.

What I'm not a fan of is veterans who are way past their prime taking up roster spots and hindering the team (Ward, Farrior). You guys seem to think it's okay to have Ward on the field at all times.
Oh, and by the way, you should check out the gamebook from the game to which that article you posted refers. Take a peek at who was listed as the starting wide receiver.

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh, and by the way, you should check out the gamebook from the game to which that article you posted refers. Take a peek at who was listed as the starting wide receiver.

Is it Hines Ward? Because that's a white faced lie if it is. I've never seen a starting receiver on the bench for 50 minutes out of a game.

Oh btw, how's Kraig Urbik doing these days without Fred Jackson. Maybe we can get him back with a trade for Brown and Wallace? Urbik might demand too much though :sofunny:

ricardisimo
12-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Is it Hines Ward? Because that's a white faced lie if it is. I've never seen a starting receiver on the bench for 50 minutes out of a game.

Oh btw, how's Kraig Urbik doing these days without Fred Jackson. Maybe we can get him back with a trade for Brown and Wallace? Urbik might demand too much though :sofunny:
You tell me how Urbik is doing. I watch Steeler games and that's about it. We did keep young Dorian Brooks so as to get rid of old, unproductive Urbik, so there's another ex-Steeler no one picked up that you can stroke yourself thinking about.

As far as who you are a fan of, I wouldn't know about any of them except Wallace, who seems to give you a perpetual woody. Not so much lately, of course, because he's not producing reliable fantasy stats for you, but you certainly don't drool over the other guys you mention.

Your undying love appears to be for dudes with monster stats. I would like to strongly recommend to you either the Dallas Cowboys or New England Patriots. They'll be much more to your liking, year-in and year-out.

And no, it's not a lie. He started the Chiefs game. Don't take my word for it, check it out yourself... oh, wait... you don't research any of the stuff that comes out of your mouth or off your keyboard. Never mind.

finesward
12-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I can think of a handful of teams that would pick hines up next year at vet min...are you kidding??? There are some realllllyyyyyy awful receiving corps out there that are young and without any veteran leadership. Oh wait, leadership doesn't mean anything, that's why all our young guys always make it a point to bring up Hines as a guy that has helped them become better.... lmao

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/eye-performance/201112/hines-ward-pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-heinz-field

If Saturday's 27-0 domination of the St. Louis Rams is the last time Hines Ward suits up for the Steelers in Heinz Field, he will go out on top -- of the Steelers' record books.

The 35-year-old Steelers receiver is the franchise's all-time leader in yards, receptions, and receiving touchdowns. He is only five catches away from 1,000. If Ward makes it, he will become just the third player in NFL history with 1,000 catches and multiple Super Bowl wins. Jerry Rice and Art Monk are the others. Nice company.

If he can get those five catches Sunday in the season finale at Cleveland, Ward might guarantee his enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That has been the big buzz for everyone in Pittsburgh -- there was a sign in the south end zone Saturday that counted down with each catch -- except Ward.

"All we gotta do is keep controlling what we can control," he said.

Though he only caught four passes against the Rams, Ward still played a crucial role in the Steelers' win as his receptions kept drives alive. He hasn't been the go-to guy much this season, especially in recent weeks when he's seen a drastic reduction in playing time.

Though it's hard to argue that age doesn't play a factor, Ward's diminished role might be less about him and more about the arrival of three young explosive receivers in Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown.

So perhaps it was entirely fitting that on a day that 37-year-old Charlie Batch completed four passes to the 35-year-old Ward that a young receiver would swoop in and steal the spotlight.

With 77 total yards against the Rams, Brown broke Barry Foster's franchise single-season record for all-purpose yards. Brown, in his second season out of Central Michigan, has quickly become a fan favorite and appears poised to take over for Ward as the Steelers' top receiver for foreseeable future. He is faster and more explosive than Ward ever was, and he has shown a knack for big third-down receptions and making tough, physical plays. He had two tackles against the Rams with one that stopped the punter a yard short of the first down on a fake. Brown ran up from his returner position 40 yards down field to make the stop.

It was an almost Hines Ward-like play, a truly fitting performance for the player for this passing-of-the-torch moment. There are big things ahead for Antonio Brown that much is obvious. As his teammate and mentor, Ward is eager to sing Brown's praises.

"When he touches the ball, special things happen," Ward said. "It's just phenomenal considering where the kid came from, his whole story. And now here he is."

When asked to put into the words the impact Ward has had on his career, Brown did not hesitate.

"He's a great player and someone you can learn from," Brown said. "He's a great leader of our team and it's definitely a pleasure to learn from a guy like that."

If the Steelers do decide to part ways with Ward after this season, he would face the tough decision of trying to continue playing elsewhere. Even for non-Steeler fans, it would be strange to see Ward wearing No. 86 somewhere else.

Ward, more so than Jerome Bettis, James Harrison, Ben Roethlisberger or even Troy Polamalu, has been the quintessential Steeler in the past decade. His physical style has changed the way the wide receiver position is played, which has made him one of the most hated players in the NFL but a beloved figure on and off the field in Pittsburgh.

If Saturday was any indication, the Steelers already have their replacements for Ward on board. But there's still time for Steelers fans to enjoy Ward's presence and performance. There's the matter of those five catches he wouldn't mind getting Sunday. Then with a little help from the Bengals, maybe Hines Ward gets one last chance to soak in another day at Heinz.

Sure does sound like a guy who is "hindering the team"

:jerkit:

ETL
12-30-2011, 12:35 AM
What I'm not a fan of is veterans who are way past their prime taking up roster spots and hindering the team (Ward, Farrior). You guys seem to think it's okay to have Ward on the field at all times. And only the dumbest of franchises will pick up Hines Ward if he decides to play next year.

Rooney, I can't argue with you regarding Antonio Brown vs Hines Ward. I think Brown is more explosive and a more potent offensive weapon than Ward. So in some ways, I know where you are coming from.

But in general, I find your views to be that of someone that is ... impatient ... quick to want change ... "what have you done for me lately" ... new is always better. I would submit that you would like the Steelers to have owners like Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones - guys that make splashy FA signings, quickly fire coaches for not producing and get involved in personnel decisions and even starting lineups.

And that is where you are running into conflict with a lot of other Steeler fans, like me, who like that we have only had 3 head coaches in over 4 decades. Steeler fans like this appreciate hard work and toughness and like to remain loyal to these players who have produced in the past. And when its time for one of them to leave, we are lenient and give them some grace. We like to understand that its hard to stop doing something that they have been doing for a long time and especially hard to leave an organization like the Steelers.

You, on the other hand, lack this empathy, this loyalty. You are all about current production. So if Antonio Brown has a career ending injury this Sunday - you would easily say - "cut his ass - he is no longer needed and lets move on." Yes, you are very pragmatic - production and winning is the only thing that matter.

Other Steeler fans are different from you. For example, with Hines Ward, we would never accuse him of "hindering" the team. He has not whined or complained. He is not asking to be on the field. His coaches tell him when he should go in and the coaches are the ones that call plays for him. He is not asking for the ball like a terrell owens. To me, Hines is not "hindering" and has never been hindering. He has played hard as long as he's been a Steeler.

To me, if you were a true Steeler fan - someone who appreciates not only the win-loss record for 2011 but the history and legacy and how this team has functioned in the past (being patient with coaches, players teaching other players, playing physical and with toughness, etc...) you would SHOW MORE RESPECT for what Hines Ward has done for this organization for the past 13 years and you wouldn't be saying - lets just cut his ass.

Again, I understand your point - Brown is currently better than Ward - but I don't understand how you see Hines Ward (and Farrior) actively hindering this team. You can be upset with the Steelers coaches that play them but if they are called upon to play, I see both of these guys give all their energy and effort.

tony hipchest
12-30-2011, 01:03 AM
some peoples knowledge of the game is only as deep as what they read during the summer in fantasy football forecast magazines, and when their drafted players dont produce according to the prognostication they get uber-butthurt.

the bengals suck.

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Rooney, I can't argue with you regarding Antonio Brown vs Hines Ward. I think Brown is more explosive and a more potent offensive weapon than Ward. So in some ways, I know where you are coming from.

But in general, I find your views to be that of someone that is ... impatient ... quick to want change ... "what have you done for me lately" ... new is always better. I would submit that you would like the Steelers to have owners like Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones - guys that make splashy FA signings, quickly fire coaches for not producing and get involved in personnel decisions and even starting lineups.

And that is where you are running into conflict with a lot of other Steeler fans, like me, who like that we have only had 3 head coaches in over 4 decades. Steeler fans like this appreciate hard work and toughness and like to remain loyal to these players who have produced in the past. And when its time for one of them to leave, we are lenient and give them some grace. We like to understand that its hard to stop doing something that they have been doing for a long time and especially hard to leave an organization like the Steelers.

You, on the other hand, lack this empathy, this loyalty. You are all about current production. So if Antonio Brown has a career ending injury this Sunday - you would easily say - "cut his ass - he is no longer needed and lets move on." Yes, you are very pragmatic - production and winning is the only thing that matter.

Other Steeler fans are different from you. For example, with Hines Ward, we would never accuse him of "hindering" the team. He has not whined or complained. He is not asking to be on the field. His coaches tell him when he should go in and the coaches are the ones that call plays for him. He is not asking for the ball like a terrell owens. To me, Hines is not "hindering" and has never been hindering. He has played hard as long as he's been a Steeler.

To me, if you were a true Steeler fan - someone who appreciates not only the win-loss record for 2011 but the history and legacy and how this team has functioned in the past (being patient with coaches, players teaching other players, playing physical and with toughness, etc...) you would SHOW MORE RESPECT for what Hines Ward has done for this organization for the past 13 years and you wouldn't be saying - lets just cut his ass.

Again, I understand your point - Brown is currently better than Ward - but I don't understand how you see Hines Ward (and Farrior) actively hindering this team. You can be upset with the Steelers coaches that play them but if they are called upon to play, I see both of these guys give all their energy and effort.

Thank you for posting with some class. Points taken.

Yeah I understand I'm a bit harsh on Ward, but I just do it to make a couple members cry because they think they're always right when they're hilariously mistaken.

Hines Ward isn't hindering the team anymore. As long as he sits behind the two studs in Wallace and Brown (and Sanders and probably Cotchery), I'm fine with that. There is a fine line between fanboyism and reality. I obviously lean towards what's actually happening on the field. The team is better moving on with him AFTER this season. I'm not saying cut his ass or anything of that nature.. I don't hate Hines, he was great through 2008 as I said time and time again, but this should be his last year.

ricardisimo
12-30-2011, 01:25 AM
Someone's making me cry... :crying02:

tony hipchest
12-30-2011, 01:36 AM

:toofunny:

spot on post by ETL. theres something to be said for a family run franchise that is capable of winning with dignity and class as opposed to cut throat businesses only concerned with stats.

the people calling for hines ward's head were the same ones calling for jerome's in '04 (or their children). instead, he was a afforded the opportunity to retire on his own terms as he walked off the field in his hometown as a champion.

many players have taken the hometown discount since then. now thats value.

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 01:39 AM

spot on post by ETL. theres something to be said for a family run franchise that is capable of winning with dignity and class as opposed to cut throat businesses only concerned with stats.

the people calling for hines ward's head were the same ones calling for jerome's in '04 (or their children). instead, he was a afforded the opportunity to retire on his own terms as he walked off the field in his hometown as a champion.

Spot on. Must be the bandwagoners still left from '05 in here :chuckle:

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 01:45 AM

I wasn't referring to you but if you love to stroke hipchest while looking at Ward's highlights from 2005, be my guest :hatsoff:

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 01:47 AM

Really? I wasn't...Oh I get it. Generalization.

Watch I can do it too: The people enamored by Hines Ward and still think he should be the #1 receiver because he can block are the same one's saying Brett Favre should come back and play another year.

Clever you are. :tt03:

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Really? I wasn't...Oh I get it. Generalization.

Watch I can do it too: The people enamored by Hines Ward and still think he should be the #1 receiver because he can block are the same one's saying Brett Favre should come back and play another year.

Clever you are. :tt03:

Who the hell said he's the number one guy??? He's clearly not, but he's still a damn good player. Look at who's around him. The young guns. Young money. Fast Willie Parker, remember him? He was the hot stuff and people wanted Bettis gone the year we won the SuperBowl. How long did fast Willie last after that? 2-3 years? Maybe two good years.

tony hipchest
12-30-2011, 02:11 AM
I wasn't referring to you but if you love to stroke hipchest while looking at Ward's highlights from 2005, be my guest :hatsoff:

if you ever DID crack a funny, or slam someone as hard as you obviously try to and think you do, it would be considered nothing more than a gildong post.

unfortunately you fail at that as well. :hatsoff:

you cant run no smack and your game is weak. your display reeks of back peddaling desperation. :applaudit:

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 02:30 AM
I can't seem to find the proper translator for whatever the hell Dan's talking about. Google doesn't have it, and Google has everything! Except for articles relating to the best LB to ever play in the NFL, Thad Gibson!

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 03:23 AM
if you ever DID crack a funny, or slam someone as hard as you obviously try to and think you do, it would be considered nothing more than a gildong post.

unfortunately you fail at that as well. :hatsoff:

you cant run no smack and your game is weak. your display reeks of back peddaling desperation. :applaudit:

Awe cute. Is that an internet tear running down your face again? :chuckle: No backpedaling here. I still think Hines should be the #4 or #5 receiver and gone from our roster next season. But backpedaling would be saying "that's obvious" after the fact. Amirite?

"You can't run no?" You listening to gucci? What's louie my killa?

Whodis
12-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Wow this got off topic!!

Just like the rest of the board. I would love to get the bye and get a little more healthy.

I think the top two teams in the AFC are the Steelers and Baltimore. Both offenses are one dimensional and IMO their defense brings more pressure then ours. We will likely see each other before facing the Pats. For the first time in years I'm happy to not be partying it up New years because I will be at a bar surrounded by multiple games!!

ricardisimo
12-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Wow this got off topic!!

Just like the rest of the board. I would love to get the bye and get a little more healthy.

I think the top two teams in the AFC are the Steelers and Baltimore. Both offenses are one dimensional and IMO their defense brings more pressure then ours. We will likely see each other before facing the Pats. For the first time in years I'm happy to not be partying it up New years because I will be at a bar surrounded by multiple games!!
Point well taken, And thank you for getting this train back on track. I still say "Go Bengals!" and "Go Bills!" Both winning would be very, very nice.
:applaudit:

tanda10506
12-30-2011, 02:39 PM
If the Bengals and the Bills both win that would be great, I would be drunk on Sunday! I think the Bengals/Ravens game will determine a lot in the playoffs. If you look at Baltimore's home and away numbers you will see they play significantly worse on the road. If you look at our home and away numbers you will see a similar trend. This year I think home field will play a bigger role in the playoffs then it has for a long time.

Fire Arians
12-30-2011, 03:53 PM
bengals have a really good shot imo. baltimore has a few key members banged up and especially boldin. cincy's defense will be able to key on ray rice and shut em down. at home should be easier for dalton and crew to move the ball

tony hipchest
12-30-2011, 05:51 PM
the revens barely beat the bungles w/o aj green and they have NOBODY who can cover him.

marvin lewis is 10-7 vs the team he used to coordinate.

the bengals suck.

go bengals.

ricardisimo
12-30-2011, 06:03 PM
the revens barely beat the bungles w/o aj green and they have NOBODY who can cover him.

marvin lewis is 10-7 vs the team he used to coordinate.

the bengals suck.

go bengals.
And I believe he's 6-2 against them at home. The Bengals do suck. Go Bengals.

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Who-dey think they is? Bengals suck. Go Bungles!

ETL
12-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Thank you for posting with some class. Points taken.

Yeah I understand I'm a bit harsh on Ward, but I just do it to make a couple members cry because they think they're always right when they're hilariously mistaken.

Hines Ward isn't hindering the team anymore. As long as he sits behind the two studs in Wallace and Brown (and Sanders and probably Cotchery), I'm fine with that. There is a fine line between fanboyism and reality. I obviously lean towards what's actually happening on the field. The team is better moving on with him AFTER this season. I'm not saying cut his ass or anything of that nature.. I don't hate Hines, he was great through 2008 as I said time and time again, but this should be his last year.

Classy response. I apologise if i made some judgments about you. I know Ward's production on the field is way down but dont you think he has some value mentoring these young guys? maybe i'm guilty of fanboyism as you say but i would like to believe that football is not just about who can run faster and leap higher but also about playing with heart and passion, playing as a team where teammates help each other and believing in something bigger than just getting a bigger contract.

Ward is the quintessential steeler in this aspect and in my view still has tremendous value to this team.

Whodis
12-31-2011, 08:45 AM
And I believe he's 6-2 against them at home. The Bengals do suck. Go Bengals.

Rats are 3-4 on the road... With that said the Bungles have not beaten a playoff bound team 2-4 vs teams with winning records. The Rats are 5-0.

I'm pretty excited to see the games Sunday! AFC west match ups will be great to watch along with ours.

btaylor179
12-31-2011, 08:59 AM
go bengals

Bayz101
12-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Rats are 3-4 on the road... With that said the Bungles have not beaten a playoff bound team 2-4 vs teams with winning records. The Rats are 5-0.

I'm pretty excited to see the games Sunday! AFC west match ups will be great to watch along with ours.

When we're not atop the AFC North all year it's always a more exciting football season. A year ago I wasn't watching other games because we had the division pretty much all year. This year i'll actually sit down and watch other games. Unless it's FOX, for some reason those games seem boring and gloomy to me. It's weird.

harrison'samonster
12-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Unless it's FOX, for some reason those games seem boring and gloomy to me. It's weird.

they seem gloomy to me as well! I wonder if it's from watching their 4-7 game when I was younger, knowing I had to go back to school the next morning. that's weird.

Bayz101
12-31-2011, 06:13 PM
they seem gloomy to me as well! I wonder if it's from watching their 4-7 game when I was younger, knowing I had to go back to school the next morning. that's weird.

I never could figure it out. It just seems like the night games and early CBS games are always more exciting, but for some reason, FOX's presentation is almost boring. Maybe it's Joe Buck, LOL. All I know is it about put's me to sleep.

tony hipchest
12-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Unless it's FOX, for some reason those games seem boring and gloomy to me. It's weird.

they seem gloomy to me as well! I wonder if it's from watching their 4-7 game when I was younger, knowing I had to go back to school the next morning. that's weird.ive given this some thought throughout the years and finally figured it out.

games in the old dallas stadium vs philly were the worst. its because that stadium was partial dome and so poorly lit. mix in the fact that nfc teams have very dull, drab, and dark colors as opposed to the bright colors of the AFC. (especially philly green which blends in with the turf and dallas which blends with the field markings).

also more NFC teams play in domes which are dimly lit compared to the natural sunlight.

tampa bay creamsicle uniforms in the florida sunlight never gave that dull perception, even though their team sucked.

its all psychological. exclusively watching FOX football is like living in seattle.

Bayz101
12-31-2011, 06:53 PM
ive given this some thought throughout the years and finally figured it out.

games in the old dallas stadium vs philly were the worst. its because that stadium was partial dome and so poorly lit. mix in the fact that nfc teams have very dull, drab, and dark colors as opposed to the bright colors of the AFC. (especially philly green which blends in with the turf and dallas which blends with the field markings).

also more NFC teams play in domes which are dimly lit compared to the natural sunlight.

tampa bay creamsicle uniforms in the florida sunlight never gave that dull perception, even though their team sucked.

its all psychological. exclusively watching FOX football is like living in seattle.

It's crazy what little tricks the mind plays. I can't stand to watch Cowboys games...So boring.

ricardisimo
12-31-2011, 07:23 PM
ive given this some thought throughout the years and finally figured it out.

I think it has to do with primetime being dominated so heavily, and for so long, not only by NFC teams, but truly crappy NFC teams, like Detroit and Dallas. You would think that after the Super Bowl streaks shifted back to the AFC, starting with Elway's first win, that the prime time focus would have shifted there as well. But no. Having to watch suckass Lions and Cowboys teams on bloated stomachs after every Thanksgiving meal puts a bug in your brain, for sure.

But it's not just Thanksgivings. I noticed a stretch this year of something like three straight weeks of prime time games that were either NFC-NFC or NFC-AFC. If it's not Steelers-Ravens they just won't show it. It's weird.

steelfury02
01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Go Bengals eh? More like same old Bungles. What was odd was that Redman's fumble happened at the same time the the Bengals fumbled down 17-13, driving on the Rats 40 - a summation of our season thus far - just not quite!

All we can do now is win - that is all that matters - hope this team has it in them to win on the road

jjpro11
01-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Go Bengals eh? More like same old Bungles. What was odd was that Redman's fumble happened at the same time the the Bengals fumbled down 17-13, driving on the Rats 40 - a summation of our season thus far - just not quite!

All we can do now is win - that is all that matters - hope this team has it in them to win on the road

that wasn't the only weird thing that happened.. Bengals and Steelers both missed field goals within a minute of each other.. both scored TDs at about the same time.. it seemed like every time something went wrong for us, something went wrong for the Bengals.. and vice versa.