PDA

View Full Version : A Few Of My Favorites!

HometownGal
06-23-2006, 03:59 PM
BLT Spread

1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Mayonnaise (Hellmann's works best)
1 pkg. Bacon
1 large tomato
1/2 cup lettuce

Mix sour cream and mayo in medium serving bowl until well blended. Stir in bacon and tomato; top with lettuce. Serve with assorted crackers. You can double the recipe for larger gatherings!

PITTSBURGH POTATOES
8-10 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 small onions - finely chopped
1-1/2 cups mayonnaise

Mix and spread all of the above ingredients into a 9 x 13 pan (use cooking spray to coat pan). Sprinkle on 1/2 lb. half-cooked bacon and 1 small jar chopped green olives (optional). Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Delicious!

BBQ Beef Sandwiches

2.5 to 3 lbs lean boneless chuck roast
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. liquid smoke flavoring
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

10 to 12 French rolls or sandwich buns

Place beef in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients, except rolls of course! (Can you believe my ex brother-in-law shredded the rolls and put them in with the rest of the ingredients? LOL! Definitely a burger shy of a Happy Meal!)

Pour over meat. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours. Shred beef by pulling it apart with 2forks. Add one cup sauce. Reheat mixture in microsave or on stovetop. Spoon on warm, open-face rolls or buns. Top with additional warm sauce if desired.

Double or triple the recipe, as needed.

BlackNGold203
06-23-2006, 04:10 PM
*drools*

Thanks!!

SteelerzGirl
06-25-2006, 08:10 PM
BLT Spread

1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Mayonnaise (Hellmann's works best)
1 pkg. Bacon
1 large tomato
1/2 cup lettuce

Mix sour cream and mayo in medium serving bowl until well blended. Stir in bacon and tomato; top with lettuce. Serve with assorted crackers. You can double the recipe for larger gatherings!

I make this recipe for parties, and it's excellent. In lieu of assorted crackers, I sometimes make toast, let it cool, trim the crust, and then cut into triangles and store in airtight Tupperware containers until the party. Other times I will buy those cute lil specialty breads and toast them on a cookie sheet under the broiler (gotta keep a close eye on them, though, because they can burn on ya pretty quick...(lol).

Tastes just like a BLT. Yum! :smile:

clevestinks
06-29-2006, 05:05 AM
I`ve tried the BLT spread before , the Pittsburgh potatoes is next just cuz of the name