PDA

View Full Version : Our linebacker Depth,...

SteelCzar76
06-23-2006, 08:08 PM
I think Farrior, Haggans are very solid . Peezy's a Monster and Footes decent. But what do y'all think of our backups? I think Harrison's good,.. but could you see him taking his game to Joey's or Farrior's 2004 level ? Frazier is a marginal talent at best,..and Kriewaldt does not posses impact starter athleticism. I wanna see a little more of Rian Wallace before i comment on him. But in the unthinkable event of a rash of injuries we could be in serious trouble at linebacker. Opinions ?........

Oh yeah,...Rey Maualuga Lb USC in 2008 (you heard it here first)

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold

nicesteel4life
06-23-2006, 09:03 PM
HMMMMM :scratchchin:
I would say were very fortunate for the depth we got. I know they did what they all needed to do last year. The young guns got another year under there belt and the Pro's got a year older. I would rank them this way.
1. PORTER...........The BEAST
2. FARRIOR......... The Hole Filler
3. HAGGANS....... Son of Beast
4. HARRISON ..... All Guts
5. FOOTE ........... Future
6. KRIEWALDT .... Special teams MONSTER
7. FRAZIER ........ Farrior's future
8. RIAN ............. Haggans future
They all have there place and I believe the front office knows what there doing. I think they keep adding young guns to help with the transition. Joey & Farrior arent getting younger. I believe they rotate very well and the unit will be even better this year.

SteelCzar76
06-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Do you think Mike Kudla's got a shot to make the roster ? I'm very curious to see how his strength translates at the position. We are very good at taking "tweeners" and making them good Lb's. And i think he could beat out Frazier?!

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Our L. B. depth is among the best in the league... unless we have injuries

nicesteel4life
06-23-2006, 10:39 PM
No Better and easier way to say it......

clevestinks
06-24-2006, 12:07 PM
HMMMMM :scratchchin:
I would say were very fortunate for the depth we got. I know they did what they all needed to do last year. The young guns got another year under there belt and the Pro's got a year older. I would rank them this way.
1. PORTER...........The BEAST
2. FARRIOR......... The Hole Filler
3. HAGGANS....... Son of Beast
4. HARRISON ..... All Guts
5. FOOTE ........... Future
6. KRIEWALDT .... Special teams MONSTER
7. FRAZIER ........ Farrior's future
8. RIAN ............. Haggans future
They all have there place and I believe the front office knows what there doing. I think they keep adding young guns to help with the transition. Joey & Farrior arent getting younger. I believe they rotate very well and the unit will be even better this year.
Very good prospective! I likes!:smile:

Haiku_Dirtt
06-24-2006, 01:15 PM

Yah Man! Da Kine!

Part of what makes them work so well is that they are interchangeable and unselfish. The contract Harrison got is really all you need to know about his potential. How often do the Steelers tear up contracts and GO LONG for players.

Hmmm...well more recently Casey Hampton.

Kudla a wild wild card. Once I heard he sacked Brady Quinn (SC Fight On) 3 times in one game he became my instant new favorite Steeler...along with the other 50 or so.

I'm not sure about Goo Wallace though. He has his work cut out for him.

BigDude66687
06-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Kudla only chance to make the strartin roster is if one of the guys messes up in front of him unless he somehow pushes kriedwalt out of the way, which is a very small possibliyt since the coaches all seem to like him a lot. Wallace is a very good player, he made that Temple defense not a laughing joke for 2 years, he has all the intagilbes of a great mlb, just needs another year or two of seasoning, he'll be able to step in when Farrior steps down or is cut like kirkland was

RichmondVA
06-27-2006, 03:39 PM

Do you mean that our four starters are among the best in the league? If you do, I would agree.

If you mean our depth at the position is among the best in the league.. I disagree. Only Harrison is a starter IMO. If we had to start Wallace, Frazier, & Kriewalt with Harrison for an extended period of time... IMO the Steelers would have a high pick in the following draft. Stay healthy men!

clevestinks
06-27-2006, 04:09 PM
This team breeds great LB`s we have a diamond in the rough somewhere! I never ever doubt our linebacking corps!

SteelerFanInCA
06-27-2006, 04:16 PM
We are a LB factory. I definitely think Harrison can take up his game a notch and possibly start one day. That guy plays with a mean streak.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-27-2006, 04:26 PM
I like our depth. Look at the LB's that have come and gone since Cowher has been the coach. He seems to find LB's for the 3-4 scheme. People worried when Chad Brown left. Then Jason Gildon became the starter and he only became the Steelers alltime sack leader. The a few years later Joey Porter became the starter at the other OLB spot. Then after Jason Gildon, here steps Clark Haggans into the starters role.

Sure the Steelers have had their misses as well....Alonzo Jackson. But with the track record that has been built here. We know what James Harrison can do but I'm more then confident if Fraizer or Wallace had to get some time then they could do the job as well. Jason Gildon and Joey Porter were unknowns at onetime in their careers as well.

SteelerFanInCA
06-27-2006, 04:31 PM
I like our depth. Look at the LB's that have come and gone since Cowher has been the coach. He seems to find LB's for the 3-4 scheme. People worried when Chad Brown left. Then Jason Gildon became the starter and he only became the Steelers alltime sack leader. The a few years later Joey Porter became the starter at the other OLB spot. Then after Jason Gildon, here steps Clark Haggans into the starters role.

Sure the Steelers have had their misses as well....Alonzo Jackson. But with the track record that has been built here. We know what James Harrison can do but I'm more then confident if Fraizer or Wallace had to get some time then they could do the job as well. Jason Gildon and Joey Porter were unknowns at onetime in their careers as well.
It's just unbelievable how we keep finding quality guys to plug the holes. I have to agree with you; Frazier and Wallace are not that far away either.

TasmanianTroy271
06-27-2006, 05:19 PM
I hope that Frazier will end up being added to the list of Rookie Free Agents who have become big contributors on the team.

Plus, after the 2007 season, Porter and Haggans are both FA's, and we'll be lucky to sign back one of them. I would not be suprised to see a LB taken early next draft *coughHBBladescough*