PDA

View Full Version : 5 Pittsburgh Steelers elected to the Pro Bowl

Deserei90
12-27-2011, 06:27 PM
QB Roethlisberger, WR Wallace, C Pouncey, SS Polamalu, KR ABrown.

Congrats to them:tt04: Hopefully, They'll be in Indianapolis taking care of different business! lol

But, I seriously thought Ike Taylor was going to make it. Talk about being Snubbed:doh:

Oh forgot, Harrison, Woodley, Clark are Pro Bowl alternates for the Steelers

harrison'samonster
12-27-2011, 06:29 PM
It's nice to see 5 Steelers getting recognition. I think if Taylor would get a few interceptions, then others would notice how good he is.

Merchant
12-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I have no idea how Phillip Rivers made it. He had a terriblee year.

Deserei90
12-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I have no idea how Phillip Rivers made it. He had a terriblee year. His kids voted him in. That alone is at least 100 votes for him:chuckle:

ETL
12-27-2011, 08:20 PM
We have the #1 defense and 4 of our 5 pro bowlers are on the offense. Huh?

FanSince72
12-27-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm happy for all, but I just hope that AB doesn't let fame get to his head like Santonio.

TRH
12-27-2011, 09:38 PM
I have no idea how Phillip Rivers made it. He had a terriblee year.

For some crazy reason, the media guys keep pushing him, and pushing him and pushing him (similar to Tony Romo), although the guy never wins a damn thing and sometimes "stat pads".
I don't agree with it either.

TRH
12-27-2011, 09:40 PM
But the very FIRST thing i noticed when i read the list was, not which of our players made it and why, but that Jame's Harrison's name was not on it (reserve don't count).
Even with his back and such, he's been ridiculously stellar and an absolute beast out there. No way he doesn't start. He would have been my 1st selection from Pittsburgh...over the others, easily.

Danny136200
12-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Phillip Rivers is a pretty good QB; other than the obvious two (Ben and Brady) who would you choose in the AFC??

lipps83
12-27-2011, 10:25 PM
But the very FIRST thing i noticed when i read the list was, not which of our players made it and why, but that Jame's Harrison's name was not on it (reserve don't count).
Even with his back and such, he's been ridiculously stellar and an absolute beast out there. No way he doesn't start. He would have been my 1st selection from Pittsburgh...over the others, easily.

He missed some games early in the season so when voters are looking at the stats, his name didn't show up.

lipps83
12-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I am surprised Matthew Stafford from the Lions didn't get picked. Not sure how anyone could have voted for Eli Manning over him.

I bet Eli got a bunch of sympathy votes from people who weren't sure who to pick so they selected him because they thought nobody else would.

PhantomJB93
12-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Philip Rivers wasn't great, especially in comparison to his usual production we've come to expect from him. But when you consider the alternatives, he was the only option. Tebow, Flacco, and Andy Dalton were the only other possible AFC "pro bowlers," a term that is really a stretch for any of those guys (I know Dalton's been good for a rookie but even this year his numbers aren't as good as Rivers).

In a year without Peyton Manning or Matt Schaub, AFC QB play is actually pretty lacking. Brady and Ben have been the only "great" AFC QBs this year.

Stafford really should have gotten in over Eli, although I do think Eli is a severely underrated QB and I'm glad to see him get credit for it for once. But Stafford had an absolutely phenomenal year, especially considering this is really more like his second season instead of his third when you account for all the games lost to injuries.

On another note, glad to see all these guys make it. Surprised Clark is an alternate, didn't think many outside of Pittsburgh even knew who he was. I think Ike Taylor and Max Starks also should have deserved consideration.

jjpro11
12-27-2011, 10:51 PM
He missed some games early in the season so when voters are looking at the stats, his name didn't show up.

the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. let's face it, Pouncey hasn't been as good as last season. Ray Lewis doesn't deserve to be anywhere near Honolulu Pro Bowl weekend. he missed several games and his play has noticeably slipped.

Bayz101
12-27-2011, 11:24 PM
We have the #1 defense and 4 of our 5 pro bowlers are on the offense. Huh?

I was kind of wondering the same thing, but I have to admit, those offensive players are all great contributors for us this year.

tony hipchest
12-28-2011, 01:16 AM
pouncey not as good this season is still better than every other starting center in the AFC. he deserves it and will be a mainstay.

ike and keisel getting snubbed is what pisses me off. people might actually know who they arif they werent so busy licking tim tebows jock.

Acerinox
12-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Had to emerge from lurking.

The BIG story of this Pro Bowl is the selection at starting NFC Fullback of...

JOHN KUHN.

Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn

Sean95m
12-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Heath.............................Best all around TE in the game, just sayin.

DanRooney
12-28-2011, 03:05 AM
Heath.............................Best all around TE in the game, just sayin.

Exaggeration. There's about 5 other TEs I'd rather have.

Bayz101
12-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Exaggeration. There's about 5 other TEs I'd rather have.

Male friends don't count.

ETL
12-28-2011, 08:32 AM
I was kind of wondering the same thing, but I have to admit, those offensive players are all great contributors for us this year.

Agreed. I just think we had some stellar players on defense that should have made it as well.

steeltheone
12-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Pounceys not a Pro Bowler plain and simple... Ike got the shaft

Grav
12-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Biggest ommision in my view is Darren Sproles, leads the league in all purpose yards. Don't suppose he's that bothered but there's not really any room to put in this gadget players, another example already mentioned was Aaron Hernandez, who is pretty much an H-Back, yet a proper blocking fullback gets the votes at that position instead

austinfrench76
12-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Pouncey is definitely a pro bowler! Maybe he hasn't played as well as last year but who is better in the AFC??? Harrison and Ike should have been as well. Ike has only himslef to blame though, you cannot drop taht may interceptions and make it. As always, Ray Lewis and Rivers are the fan favorites that get voted in just like Congressman Jeff Johnson-name recognition. Now let's go kill the Clowns and earn the 2nd seed!

steeltheone
12-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Pouncey is definitely a pro bowler! Maybe he hasn't played as well as last year but who is better in the AFC??? Harrison and Ike should have been as well. Ike has only himslef to blame though, you cannot drop taht may interceptions and make it. As always, Ray Lewis and Rivers are the fan favorites that get voted in just like Congressman Jeff Johnson-name recognition. Now let's go kill the Clowns and earn the 2nd seed!

Pouncey was not a Pro Bowler last year either, no rookie is the best in a profesional sport.

Ike covered people as well as anybody in the league.....Take him off our Defense and see what happens.

Fire Arians
12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Ike taylor got snubbed. champ bailey and that revis rhymes with penis scrub got elected lol. if revis was so great why are teams hanging 30+ pts on the jets? OVERRATED

guys who really deserve to be in the pro bowl didn't make it. i think brandon flowers had a better season than both revis and bailey

Danny136200
12-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Pouncey was not a Pro Bowler last year either, no rookie is the best in a profesional sport.

Ike covered people as well as anybody in the league.....Take him off our Defense and see what happens.

Pouncey did not play to his pro bowl level this year, but last year he was the best O linemen we had, and that is pretty impressive from a rookie. He did deserve to go to the probowl last year if we did not make it to the superbowl.

And as for Ike, this link says it all (He always gets shafted becuase he does not get interceptions).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/early-look-2011-cb-charting

Danny136200
12-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Ike taylor got snubbed. champ bailey and that revis rhymes with penis scrub got elected lol. if revis was so great why are teams hanging 30+ pts on the jets? OVERRATED
The jets have been VASTLY overrated this year and it shows; i hope that they do not make i tot the playoffs. But to revis is solely at fault for that? please, he is still the shut down corner he was since he came to the league. The rest of the defense is by far overrated; no pressure on the QB, 2nd and 3rd WRs always beat them, and their linebackers are trash.

Fire Arians
12-28-2011, 05:56 PM
The jets have been VASTLY overrated this year and it shows; i hope that they do not make i tot the playoffs. But to revis is solely at fault for that? please, he is still the shut down corner he was since he came to the league. The rest of the defense is by far overrated; no pressure on the QB, 2nd and 3rd WRs always beat them, and their linebackers are trash.

he gave up over 100 yards against welker. how much did welker get vs taylor?

ok i'm saying revis doesn't suck, but he doesn't deserve the #1 pro bowl spot either, if any. I would take ike taylor or brandon flowers over him based on their performances this year

steeltheone
12-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Revis is a great corner ...I can't knock him...

steeltheone
12-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Pouncey did not play to his pro bowl level this year, but last year he was the best O linemen we had, and that is pretty impressive from a rookie. He did deserve to go to the probowl last year if we did not make it to the superbowl.

And as for Ike, this link says it all (He always gets shafted becuase he does not get interceptions).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/early-look-2011-cb-charting

Im not saying he is not good and will get better, but being the Steelers best OL is not saying much.

LVSteelersfan
12-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Revis is the ref's favorite player. He grabs jerseys, pushes and shoves all the way down the field and never gets a penalty called on him. I wish the game could still be played that way, but the rules don't allow it. Except for teacher's pet.

ETL
12-28-2011, 08:28 PM
And the biggest snub of all .... WHY THE HELL DID WILLIAM GAY NOT MAKE IT?!?!?!?!??

Bayz101
12-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Revis and the other bunch made it on their names, not their stats. Fan voting is a joke. Fans only choose their teams candidates and randomly select the others. Fan voting needs to be eliminated.