PDA

View Full Version : Won't accept being tackled in the backfield.....

DIESELMAN
06-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Kent Somers, writing for the Sporting News, reports Arizona Cardinals RB Edgerrin James already has let his offensive line know that getting tackled in the backfield this year won't be acceptable. That happened a lot to Cardinals running backs last year as the offensive line struggled throughout the 2005 season.

Yeah.....ah.....Good Luck with that there Edge.....I wish him Good Luck this season!!!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Only way he won't get tackled in the backfield is if he is breakin the tackles...:sofunny: wish him well but he has chosen a tough way to finish a career!!

nicesteel4life
06-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Only way he won't get tackled in the backfield is if he is breakin the tackles...:sofunny: wish him well but he has chosen a tough way to finish a career!!
EXACTLY!
Is the almighty :dollar: going to be worth :crutches:

tony hipchest
06-23-2006, 11:18 PM
him being there is gonna light a fire under that o-lines ass.

its gonna look alot different than m. shipp, a dinosaur like e. smith, jj arrington, or t. hambrick back there.

im not saying he will lead the league in rushing or anything but he doesnt need to. just bring some balance to that passing game and lanes will open up.

Livinginthe past
06-24-2006, 02:02 AM
I was so sure this was going to be another Brady thread .....

:king:

NM

Hawk Believer
06-24-2006, 03:12 AM
So what is he gonna do when he gets tackled? Stop playing? What if the o-Line decides not to accept any fumbles by running backs? Gutsy strategy he has chosen. I wonder if its going to make him a pariah.

SteelCzar76
06-24-2006, 11:46 AM
While ya playin,..if the line CAN step it up the Cardinals could really shake things up in the Nfc west,...maybe the Conference ? They lost five games that they really could have won last season. Will they take the Seagulls?,..probably not as they've improved an already strong D with Peterson and the return of Hamlin. But,..if they can focus and play like they BELIEVE they can win it could get interesting.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

BlackNGold203
06-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Bouldin...Fitzgerald...and now Edge?

What do you do with the Cards now?...stack the run?...Cover 2?....

I'm tellin ya...Edge will have the biggest impact of any FA...positive for Arizona...and very negative for Indy...

SteelCzar76
06-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Well said,....My sentiments exactly.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"

CantStop85
06-24-2006, 02:12 PM

I'm tellin ya...Edge will have the biggest impact of any FA...positive for Arizona...and very negative for Indy...
Une probl?me...Their QB is still Kurt Warner and he's not exactly the QB he was in St. Louis. I don't care who you have at wide receiver and runningback, if you don't have a franchise quarterback it's not going to work very long.

Maybe Matt Leinart will step in early in the season, but even he will have those rookie struggles.

geran42o
06-24-2006, 02:21 PM
[/quote] Maybe Matt Leinart will step in early in the season, but even he will have those rookie struggles. [/quote]

Not entirely true there, Look what Ben did his rookie season. Leinart's got just as much talent around him in AZ as did Ben ( other than their O-line) and IF the O-line steps up he could very well have a great rookie season

CantStop85
06-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Not entirely true there, Look what Ben did his rookie season. Leinart's got just as much talent around him in AZ as did Ben ( other than their O-line) and IF the O-line steps up he could very well have a great rookie season
Ben is the exception, not the rule when it comes to rookie QB's. Matt's not as good as Carson was coming out of college and Carson even struggled after a year of understudying. I don't believe Matt will have much more success. I'm not saying he'll have a horrible season...he'll probably have a pretty average season but it will take more than that to lead Arizona to a lot of wins.

SteelCzar76
06-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Matt has played in many big games in college and is battle tested. Not to say this would make for instant success at the Nfl level,...but i think it's makes him more prepared to play now than any other rookie QB this year. Call me crazy,..but i think they (Cards) could make the playoffs as a wildcard with him at the helm. He's got the offensive talent around him to do it. Not to mention a defense that i think will suprise people this year.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and gold"

Ambridge
06-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Une probl?me...Their QB is still Kurt Warner and he's not exactly the QB he was in St. Louis. I don't care who you have at wide receiver and runningback, if you don't have a franchise quarterback it's not going to work very long.

Maybe Matt Leinart will step in early in the season, but even he will have those rookie struggles.

This is where Denny Green will look like a real horses ass for letting Josh McCown go.
"Brittle" Kurt Warner will go down early in the season and then it will probably get really ugly for the Cards.

Livinginthe past
06-24-2006, 06:17 PM
This is where Denny Green will look like a real horses ass for letting Josh McCown go.
"Brittle" Kurt Warner will go down early in the season and then it will probably get really ugly for the Cards.

Denny Green really didnt like McCown at all did he?

You could see that it didnt matter how well he played one week - Denny was just itching to get his boy Warner back in the fold.

On the subject of the Edges comments about the O-Line - I say - about time.

The people and fans of Arizona should stop expecting dismal failure as a right of passage every year - a bit of an outspoken calling out of the O_line wont do any harm.

You wont ever be a winner unless you stop acting like a loser.

NM

Ambridge
06-24-2006, 06:24 PM

You could see that it didnt matter how well he played one week - Denny was just itching to get his boy Warner back in the fold.
NM

Never could figure that one out.
If Denny Green isn't a Horses Ass then he's definately a Jack Ass.

HometownGal
06-24-2006, 07:54 PM

I mentioned in another post earlier today that I think Arizona is a team to be considered seriously this season IF (and a big if it is) Kurt Warner can stay healthy. With another solid OL or two, this team is very well balanced with Warner, Edge, Bouldin, Fitz, their D and a very good PK. I've always thought Dennis Green was a fine coach and I really believe the Cards will be the sleeper team this season.

CantStop85
06-24-2006, 09:37 PM

On the subject of the Edges comments about the O-Line - I say - about time.

The people and fans of Arizona should stop expecting dismal failure as a right of passage every year - a bit of an outspoken calling out of the O_line wont do any harm.

You wont ever be a winner unless you stop acting like a loser.

NM
I remember last season he even brought in Shaun King and started him over Josh McCown. I actually liked McCown, he always played better than all the other QB's they had. I think he could have been a good starting QB in Arizona, at least better than Kurt Warner.

SteelShooter
06-24-2006, 11:58 PM
I was so sure this was going to be another Brady thread .....

:king:

NM

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: LMAO!!!! :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

tony hipchest
06-25-2006, 12:04 AM
at least better than Kurt Warner.

yeah, them sb and league mvp winning qb's suck huh?

HburgXL06
06-25-2006, 03:57 PM

Yea, like havin to play wit multiple STD's actin up from his now high class hoe girlfriend.

I can just imagine the game play:

"Blue 32, Blue 32! ::'Damn this itches, that's the last time I stay at the Hilton':: Hut Hut! Hike!"

BuFu

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Kent Somers, writing for the Sporting News, reports Arizona Cardinals RB Edgerrin James already has let his offensive line know that getting tackled in the backfield this year won't be acceptable. That happened a lot to Cardinals running backs last year as the offensive line struggled throughout the 2005 season.

Yeah.....ah.....Good Luck with that there Edge.....I wish him Good Luck this season!!!!!

Only way he doesn't get tackled in the backfield is if he is on the bench:sofunny: