PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben....what are the chances?

steelersfan77
12-28-2011, 04:33 PM
I figure to see him sit this week against the Browns. High ankle sprains are painful. But what are the chances that even with a win against the Browns, the division title if the Ravens slip up, and a full week bye that when he comes back he's rusty or that the ankle still doesn't allow him to do what he does best, extend plays?

I know he was in a ton of pain against the 49ers and he couldn't move but even if his ankle is 75% when he does suit it up an unmoveable Big Ben is a bad thing. He needs to get out of the pocket from time to time. Just who he is. What are the chances even when he comes back he still doesn't have the mobility to make the plays? Is a few weeks of rest enough for a high ankle sprain to give him his mobility back without pain?

FanSince72
12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
I figure to see him sit this week against the Browns. High ankle sprains are painful. But what are the chances that even with a win against the Browns, the division title if the Ravens slip up, and a full week bye that when he comes back he's rusty or that the ankle still doesn't allow him to do what he does best, extend plays?

I know he was in a ton of pain against the 49ers and he couldn't move but even if his ankle is 75% when he does suit it up an unmoveable Big Ben is a bad thing. He needs to get out of the pocket from time to time. Just who he is. What are the chances even when he comes back he still doesn't have the mobility to make the plays? Is a few weeks of rest enough for a high ankle sprain to give him his mobility back without pain?

I think his chances are fine if he doesn't play this week.

If he plays and overdoes it, he could end up killing his chances in the playoffs.
The way things worked out is a blessing in disguise and he needs to realize that he's been "given" a two-week bye to heal up and he should use that time to do just that.

He doesn't need to play against the Browns no matter what Baltimore may or may not do..

BlaZeQuietly
12-28-2011, 06:31 PM
I agree, maybe give him a few snaps at end of the game just to see how he does and keep him in the loop, but I don't think we should start him and risk him re injuring his ankle, he defiantly should not have played against the 49ers, he could barely walk.

Bayz101
12-28-2011, 08:30 PM
It looks like Ben is going to be Sunday's starter. He practiced today, and everyone says he looks like the guy that'll be behind center against the Browns, so I guess we'll wait and see how he practices the rest of the week.

Fire Arians
12-28-2011, 08:32 PM
if he finally went through a full practice then i'll expect he's going to play. i'm all for starting him IF he is healthy. if he's the hobbling all over the place, telegraphing all his throws and can't step into it ben then i'd say sit him

Bayz101
12-28-2011, 10:26 PM
if he finally went through a full practice then i'll expect he's going to play. i'm all for starting him IF he is healthy. if he's the hobbling all over the place, telegraphing all his throws and can't step into it ben then i'd say sit him

Yeah, he practiced in full today, and their's still tomorrow and Friday. Chances are he'll participate fully in them, and if that happens, he'll be behind center Sunday. I think it's for the best, we need to get a rhythm on offense before heading into the playoffs.