PDA

View Full Version : C. Kemoeatu & others named Pro Bowl alternates.

tony hipchest
12-28-2011, 07:05 PM
ed b. of PPG+ reports that guard kemoeatu was named a 3rd alternate along with brett keisel (if dodens grav or anyone else needs a link, i suggest paying for it yourself or atleast follow/check on twitter).

timmons was named a 4th alternate and antonio borown is the 5th wr. taylor and ckark have already been announced as back ups.

lol at kemo. i guess sometimes just being remembered is almost as good as actually being good.

i wonder if the retired faneca made the NFC's roster as 3rd alternate? :doh:

steelerchad
12-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Kemo has had an awful season and last year wasn't great either. In the past he would at least maul people in the ground game. That's been missing this year also.
For that matter, Troy pretty much made it on reputation alone.
Ben earned. I'm iffy on Wallace. Out of all our defenders I thought Ike had the best season.

Bayz101
12-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Every Steelers televised game this year has brought in more viewers then every Pro-Bowl since '07. The Pro-Bowl is a joke, and as Woodley said "i'm planning on having other plans that week anyways!!!".

harrison'samonster
12-28-2011, 07:21 PM
maybe this will give us leverage on a trade involving Kemo. Just think how much better it would sound when you're offering an average lineman with anger problems if you can also add that he's a pro-bowler.

I hear the phones ringing already.

tony hipchest
12-28-2011, 07:31 PM
no way troy has made it on reputation alone. he is EASILLY the best strong safety in the game today and has made dozens of plays just as impressive this season as in years past. (leaping the pile, backfield tackles, picking up fumbles and running them in for td's, open field tackles, etc.

Fire Arians
12-28-2011, 07:34 PM
no way troy has made it on reputation alone. he is EASILLY the best strong safety in the game today and has made dozens of plays just as impressive this season as in years past. (leaping the pile, backfield tackles, picking up fumbles and running them in for td's, open field tackles, etc.

definitely the best run support safety in the game, bar none.

TRH
12-28-2011, 07:56 PM
so in other words, everyone made it. 4th, 5th alternates and such? Sheez...
I think i made it too on the 6th alternate squad.

tony hipchest
12-28-2011, 08:22 PM
maybe this will give us leverage on a trade involving Kemo. Just think how much better it would sound when you're offering an average lineman with anger problems if you can also add that he's a pro-bowler.

I hear the phones ringing already.

:chuckle: we can all wish...

(either way, im sure legursky will gladly play the position for much cheaper)

defence
12-28-2011, 08:23 PM

I agree with you. I can't believe some of the comments i've read here about your star players!! I thought we were tough fans in Toronto; but to say Troy has made it on rep makes me have to scratch my head and have a big cold one!! Troy is one of the best players i've ever seen play that position!! He's one of those guys that plays his heart out every play!! Wish we had more of his heart to go around!!:tt:

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Kemo in the Pro Bowl? That's a joke! Maybe they need somebody who knows how to hold.

PhantomJB93
12-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Naming Kemo to the Pro Bowl just abolished what little credibility the PB had left. Scrap fan and player votes. Please.

Bayz101
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Naming Kemo to the Pro Bowl just abolished what little credibility the PB had left. Scrap fan and player votes. Please.

With Goodell's new passing league, all the attention's on the major playmakers. People could care less who starts at lineman (arguably one of the most important positions), i'm sure Kemo's name was just at the top of the list and he got randomly selected by the majority.

Boomer
12-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Kemo in the Pro Bowl? That's a joke! Maybe they need somebody who knows how to hold.

Or someone who knows how to spear people laying on the ground for a 15 yard penalty. How on earth did Kemo make it? I vote many times and for only Steelers players but I couldn't bring myself to vote for him.

ShaDy ProDigy
12-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Kemo has had an awful season and last year wasn't great either. In the past he would at least maul people in the ground game. That's been missing this year also.
For that matter, Troy pretty much made it on reputation alone.
Ben earned. I'm iffy on Wallace. Out of all our defenders I thought Ike had the best season.

Are you on crack? Troy is the best SS in the league, period. Wallace is also the best beat threat in the league, what's iffy about him?

Curtain_of_Steel
12-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Probowl has no credibility, even less since they now have to list 10 alternates to each position. No one hits in the game anyway. Do away with it.

Now the Kemo is maybe a probowler, perhaps someone will trade for a probowl player? lol

ricardisimo
12-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Or someone who knows how to spear people laying on the ground for a 15 yard penalty. How on earth did Kemo make it? I vote many times and for only Steelers players but I couldn't bring myself to vote for him.
That's funny, I also vote for them all... except Kemo and Battle. Couldn't bring myself to do it either.

OX1947
12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Last years pro bowl got a 12 rating or something. Higher then any sport all star game. If they are pulling 12s for a fake game, they will have that game every year no matter what....

harrison'samonster
12-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Last years pro bowl got a 12 rating or something. Higher then any sport all star game. If they are pulling 12s for a fake game, they will have that game every year no matter what....

Making that kind of money, it makes you wonder why they don't have more pro-bowl games. That will be the next Goodell idea after the 18 game schedule fails.

Throw a couple more pro-bowl games in at the end of the season, and after a few years nobody will notice that the NFL had switched over to flag football.

Bayz101
12-29-2011, 07:46 PM

7.7 rating and 12 share, the highest ratings for the game since 2000.

That's still low for an All-Star game. The latest Steelers-Ravens game earned a 13.3 rating, and every Steelers game televised locally and nationally has had at least a rating of 8.0. Pretty sad.

jjpro11
12-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Making that kind of money, it makes you wonder why they don't have more pro-bowl games. That will be the next Goodell idea after the 18 game schedule fails.

Throw a couple more pro-bowl games in at the end of the season, and after a few years nobody will notice that the NFL had switched over to flag football.

he will create a Pro Bowl tournament.. 8 teams using all-stars from each division.. the AFC North all stars vs the AFC East all stars, etc... then there will be an All-Star Super Bowl to end the tournament.

ricardisimo
12-29-2011, 10:33 PM
he will create a Pro Bowl tournament.. 8 teams using all-stars from each division.. the AFC North all stars vs the AFC East all stars, etc... then there will be an All-Star Super Bowl to end the tournament.
Shhh... you're going to give him ideas and get our Steelers killed in the process.

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 11:14 PM
where's kraig urbik?

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 04:05 PM
where's kraig urbik?

He's been battling a knee injury all year, and he's still productive. Regardless of who's running on offense, he was productive most of the time he was on the line. But hey, ya'll pay to much attention to players on other teams. What team are you really a fan of?