PDA

View Full Version : Never too early,..2007 Draft.

SteelCzar76
06-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Just want to start reppin players that i would love to see as Steelers.

Oscar Lua ILb USC

Paul Posluszny OLb Penn State

Michael Bush Rb Louisville

Kyle Young C Fresno State

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

BlackNGold203
06-24-2006, 11:59 AM
LOL...too early for me.....

Black@Gold Forever32
06-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Just want to start reppin players that i would love to see as Steelers.

Oscar Lua ILb USC

Paul Posluszny OLb Penn State

Michael Bush Rb Louisville

Kyle Young C Fresno State

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

Michael Buch is freakin awesome. But I doubt he will last until the late first round.

Hines86Ward
06-27-2006, 01:34 PM
HB Blades, LB from Pitt

TasmanianTroy271
06-27-2006, 05:12 PM
HB Blades, LB from Pitt

Definately HB Blades. That'd be crazy.

tony hipchest
06-28-2006, 05:25 PM
jeff zamardjia. eventually we will need a wr to go alongside ward and eventually replace him as the #1.

note: the subtle dig at santonio holmes

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-28-2006, 05:42 PM
I dont know who but this is what we take.

1. DT
2. MLB
3. HB
4. DE
5. P
6. CB
7. QB

Hines86Ward
06-28-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't think that DT is our first priority....

Black@Gold Forever32
06-28-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't think that DT is our first priority....

I agree I don't DT is a big need for us. Big Casey was just resigned last year. Chris Hoke is very nice backup. We also have a kid in Eric Taylor who has been on our practice squad the last few years that can play DT.

I think RB is a big need heading into next year. Willie Parker is just fine as the starter. But Duce might not be with the team next year. Verron Haynes is good and Cedric Humes is really an unknown. Steelers can never have enough RB's.

SteelCzar76
06-29-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm with Hines and my homey Black and Gold with this one. I don't think Dt is a priority at all for us barring freak injuries to both Hamp and Hoke. Orien Harris was drafted with the thought of using him as a succesor to Aaron or to be Hokes backup. I think our needs are,..

1) Stud Power Rb: Honestly,.. even if Duce has a big year and we win another title,..how much does he really have left in the tank to be truely effective for even two more seasons.

2) Stud Center: To me Jeff's highly underated,...but time marches on and he's got bad Knee's.

3) Stud Linebacker: Peezy is the Truth,...but if we win another title and or he has a Big season he might go for the money at this point in his career and walk. James has a lot mileage. And not to hate,....but i don't think ANY of the other linebackers on our roster has the even the ABILITY to be Dominant. Though most of them are very solid players.

Bottom Line,..our identity is our running game, our Linebacking corps and our physicality on both sides of the ball. Of course a team must be COMPLETE to GREAT. But you have to maintain your core ideals and persona first. Players and coaches come and go, but if you have a SYSTEM that remains that is tried and true,...you'll always be competitive.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"

Oh yeah Hipchest,..that was a low blow on Santonio. LOL !

kmsteelerwr15
06-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey I know this is impossible, but I'd love to see Adrian Peterson in black and gold. The problem is we will not be in a postion to get him and of course he will ask for too much money.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-30-2006, 08:46 AM
John Sullivan C Notre Dame
Patrick Willis ILB Mississippi
Quentin Moses OLB Georgia (Playing DE as of now)
Michael Bush RB Louisville
Doug Free OT Northern Illinois
LaRon Landry S LSU (JUST IN CASE)

Hines86Ward
06-30-2006, 09:11 AM
I think we should get either a DE or MLB

lilyoder6
06-30-2006, 10:36 AM
u know i think we should try to get adrian peterson from the sooners.. he is a big back and is hella good. chukky okobi is only 28, casey will be around for a while. so i say we should get paul posluszny. (penn state gonna be top 5 this year)

BigDude66687
07-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Pauls gonna be gone realll early, we have no chance at him

we drafted Phillips. he's solid he'll be around for a whiel pushing chucky,

I'd love peterson but he'll be gone early as well >..<

I wish we'd draft blades he's gonna be stud him and Session who could be a porter like player on this lvl cause he's physical and fast just needs to get at not being out of position

bigtim3645
07-28-2006, 12:49 PM
realistically, getting peterson or posluzny is highly improbable... (barring injury or poor performance) blades is a good option considering the fact that the steelers should never be at a loss for physical linebackers and if by some miracle michael bush just happens to fall in the lap of the steelers, he is a must have....Kyle Young might also be a very good fit with an aging jeff hartings and despite chukky okobi being only 28, the senior center out of fresno state is a great lineman who could possible step in full time right after bing drafted, allowing the steelers to have a strong starting offensive line, but also a very solid group of young o-linemen who potentially could step in any time a starter goes down...

reelsteel
09-26-2006, 11:30 AM
did u see that guy from michigan state? he is like 260 and this guy is a beast

Dylan
11-15-2006, 09:50 PM
I agreee with you on Poz. he has great instincts to the ball and is a leader. he would make an immediate impact. and former steeler jack ham said he is won of the best lbs to come out of psy. he came out of psu and he was great. just think what poz could do.

Elvis
11-19-2006, 07:59 AM
My wish list is like this
1. DB
2. OT
3. OG
4. DE
5. DB
6. WR/KR
7. OG
Right now I just believe that our Defensive backfield just needs alot of help and I think that our OT's need support and and some new starter at ROT and someone to play LT that is a natural cause Smith isnt a natural at LT he was alot better at RT. Simmons at OG needs to be replaced and whether it be Keomateau or someone else it needs to be addressed. DE is also a needy spot on our defense. Aaron Smith isnt getting any younger and it would be nice for a change to have some pass rushing skills at this position. I think that Holmes is gonna be fine at WR but we still need to replace Randel El.

ShutDown24
11-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Everyones been saying we need a real power back to spell willie and use in goal line formations, I have our guy. He is a sophmore so wouldnt be available until atleast 2008 but he would fit perfectly. Im sure some of you have seen him,

Jorvorski Lane, RB, Texas A&M - He is 6'0 280 lbs and tons of power with quick feet. Reminds me a lot of Bettis....

Prosdo
11-27-2006, 02:30 PM
My list of what I think we need is

RB, LB, O-Line

Running Back I would love to see Michael Bush
For LB I really like HB Blades and Paul Posluszny