PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown voted team MVP

tony hipchest
12-29-2011, 12:31 PM
WOW! teammates voted him over roethlisberger, ike taylor, and even mike wallace. It is fitting considering his all purpose yards.

gilbert got the ROTY honors.

Fire Arians
12-29-2011, 01:04 PM
That was a surprise, I would have personally voted starks, but brown does deserve a lot of credit. Kudos

SteelCityMom
12-29-2011, 01:31 PM
It makes sense I suppose. I've heard many times that there isn't anybody on the team with a better work ethic than him (coming from teammates and coaches).

Great for him though...what an honor from his team.

Whodis
12-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Wow... over Suisham? Antonio deserved it and is having a great year!

StainlessStill
12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
There was not ONE play Brown didn't make. I think his only fault, ever was dropping one ball and falling on Batch's interception. Other than that, Brown has simply been flawless in his work ethic on the field and making some impressive, clutch plays for our offense and Special Teams. Dude is special.

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Not bad for a guy who doesn't know the playbook. Talk about leadership. :chuckle:

PhantomJB93
12-29-2011, 02:44 PM
I mean, I'd vote him most improved player maybe, but then there's William Gay, IDK about team MVP.

For MVP, I would have gone:

1. Starks (I dont care what anybody says, he turned the entire offense, not just the line, from abysmal to deadly almost overnight)
2. Ben
3. Ike Taylor
4. Mike Wallace
5. William Gay

and then maybe Brown.

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
1a. Brett Keisel
1b. Ike Taylor

SteelCityMom
12-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey, we have to remember...these are not fan votes. These are teammates votes. Who the hell are we to disagree with who the team thinks is MVP? They know better than any of us.

GMU Steeler
12-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Well earned. He's had a great sophomore year. Love what the guy does for us not just in the passing game but special teams as well. Not too shabby for a sixth rounder.

mikegrimey
12-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Awesome for this young guy to get this accolade on a team full of veterans and superstars.

BengalDestroyer
12-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Congratulations to Antonio, much deserved.

tony hipchest
12-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Not bad for a guy who doesn't know the playbook. Talk about leadership. :chuckle:funny you should mention that, although kind of ironically sad that a lame attempt at a joke makes you look even sillier.

heres what antonio brown's mentor (and leader of the young wr corps) had to say today-

“He is still learning. There are still some things he does in games that he still needs to work on.” -- Hines Ward on Antonio Brown.

brown just needs to keep grinding like he has been since being called out earlier in the season and not think he has arrived with this personal accolade and award.

the bar has just been set higher for himself and theres no reason he cant be everything that was expected of santonio (which was basically be a boarderline HOFer in the mold of isaac bruce or torry holt).

SteelCityMom
12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
I feel like Antonio is already above Santonio in talent and work ethic. I know the team recognizes that as well (obviously).

I'm so glad to have this young man on our team. And as was mentioned, what a steal for a 6th round pick. Having Ward as a mentor certainly can't hurt either. I'm truly glad that he's getting the accolades he deserves from the team. He really is a special talent.

MasterOfPuppets
12-29-2011, 04:10 PM
1. Starks (I dont care what anybody says, he turned the entire offense, not just the line, from abysmal to deadly almost overnight)

:toofunny: ...de...de...deadly ??? :rofl:

dude we're the other black and gold team not the one with the record setting passer...:toofunny:

20th in the league in points scored and we are now ..."DEADLY" :rofl:

steeltheone
12-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Take Ike off the Defense we lose atleast 2 more games....Brown did have a great season!

Pentheon
12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Cant argue with that, hes havin a great year...doing everything for us.

harrison'samonster
12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
I feel like Antonio is already above Santonio in talent and work ethic.

I absolutely agree with this.

I don't think this team has had any one player who is an obvious MVP, but I think Ike has been the one player at the top of his game throughout the year.

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 05:02 PM
funny you should mention that, although kind of ironically sad that a lame attempt at a joke makes you look even sillier.

heres what antonio brown's mentor (and leader of the young wr corps) had to say today-

“He is still learning. There are still some things he does in games that he still needs to work on.” -- Hines Ward on Antonio Brown.

brown just needs to keep grinding like he has been since being called out earlier in the season and not think he has arrived with this personal accolade and award.

the bar has just been set higher for himself and theres no reason he cant be everything that was expected of santonio (which was basically be a boarderline HOFer in the mold of isaac bruce or torry holt).

"Theres still some things he needs to work on" - Hines Ward claims as he observes Antonio Brown on the bench.

The one who looks pretty silly is the one who claims Hines Ward should be in our starting lineup across from Mike Wallace. :chuckle:

skinart82
12-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey, we have to remember...these are not fan votes. These are teammates votes. Who the hell are we to disagree with who the team thinks is MVP? They know better than any of us.

This

tony hipchest
12-29-2011, 05:29 PM
The one who looks pretty silly is the one who claims Hines Ward should be in our starting lineup across from Mike Wallace. :chuckle:

why u mad? is it because brown was only in the starting lineup across from wallace 3 times this season? :sofunny: ZING!

this team coulda survived w/o brown, just like they did sanders. i seriously doubt they get to 11-4 w/o big ben.

but as stated before, its hard to argue browns all purpose yardage mark. plus the emergence of brown (which didnt happen overnight as some would suggest) helped deflate mike wallace's asking price which in and of itself lends value.

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
why u mad? is it because brown was only in the starting lineup across from wallace 3 times this season? :sofunny: ZING!

this team coulda survived w/o brown, just like they did sanders. i seriously doubt they get to 11-4 w/o big ben.

but as stated before, its hard to argue browns all purpose yardage mark. plus the emergence of brown (which didnt happen overnight as some would suggest) helped deflate mike wallace's asking price which in and of itself lends value.

Hmm...not sure where you got that from. Nearly every game I watched, Brown was the #2 receiver.

And I'm not as high on Sanders as I was on Brown.

steeltheone
12-29-2011, 06:45 PM
I want to see how the wideouts do in the post season...That will show how far they have come! Great job AB!

MasterOfPuppets
12-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Hmm...not sure where you got that from. Nearly every game I watched, Brown was the #2 receiver.

And I'm not as high on Sanders as I was on Brown.
gs means games started

http://www.nfl.com/player/antoniobrown/2508061/gamelogs

harrison'samonster
12-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I want to see how the wideouts do in the post season...That will show how far they have come! Great job AB!

that will be the real test. I'd like to see them make some big plays in the red zone as well. Living closer to Cleveland, I only see a handful of Steelers games a year, but from what I've seen and heard, our offense has really struggled finishing drives.

MACH1
12-29-2011, 08:04 PM
I vote thad gibson. He's a monster.

:toofunny:

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
gs means games started

http://www.nfl.com/player/antoniobrown/2508061/gamelogs

According to nfl.com:
Games started
Ward: 8 games (which is false. he may have been listed as the starter but definitely wasn't.)
Brown: 3 games
Sanders: 0 games
Cotchery: 0 games

So we had 4 games with a mysterious #2 receiver. It must have been Steve McClendon.

QCbeauBlak
12-29-2011, 08:26 PM
AB spent a lot of time this last off-season with Ochocinco believe it or not, training in Miami. I was very worried because I saw tweets about it all summer. But you could tell from the very first Preseason game that Antonio Brown was going to have a break out year. I love his story and seems to be extremely down to earth. Also remember that he has a brother (who plays for pitt) and two small children here that he is watching after. I think that has him very grounded and I do expect nothing but his continued growth!!

btw, I didn't want to do it too early last off season, but this year, I am definitely getting a number 84 alternate jersey!! He is steeler material and sets a great example even for players older and more experienced then him. Congrats AB!

Atlanta Dan
12-29-2011, 08:39 PM

Because who better knows the cliques and smoldering resentments for imagined sllghts than those in the locker room?

Antonio Brown over #7? - right:noidea:

Team MVP vote is like someone winning homecoming queen as payback for someone else not winning

Add the NFL to the list of adult enterprises that recreate the environment of high school only with more $$$

Bayz101
12-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Brown deserves it, he's made plenty of HUGE third down conversions for us. Got to give credit to Ben though, he get's the ball to him.

Bayz101
12-29-2011, 08:41 PM

:chuckle:

I'm voting John Clay, he averages 10.0 yards a carry! :rofl:

SteelCityMom
12-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Because who better knows the cliques and smoldering resentments for imagined sllghts than those in the locker room?

Antonio Brown over #7? - right:noidea:

Team MVP vote is like someone winning homecoming queen as payback for someone else not winning

Add the NFL to the list of adult enterprises that recreate the environment of high school only with more $$$

Then why do you bother watching if that's how you feel?

I don't see it as a popularity contest. I see it as the players voting who they feel has worked the hardest and deserved it most. Like I said, I've been reading quotes from players and coaches all year long that this young man works harder than anyone else in practice and on gameday. Who the hell am I (or anyone else) to argue with that.

Your response just sounds bitter, IMO. And the homecoming queen of my school wasn't the prettiest or most popular. She was someone who got along with everyone no matter what, and she was well rounded. I don't know which homecoming queen pissed you off, but I'm sorry she did.

Bayz101
12-29-2011, 08:51 PM

I don't see it as a popularity contest. I see it as the players voting who they feel has worked the hardest and deserved it most. Like I said, I've been reading quotes from players and coaches all year long that this young man works harder than anyone else in practice and on gameday. Who the hell am I (or anyone else) to argue with that.

Your response just sounds bitter, IMO. And the homecoming queen of my school wasn't the prettiest or most popular. She was someone who got along with everyone no matter what, and she was well rounded. I don't know which homecoming queen pissed you off, but I'm sorry she did.

There's always a critic :chuckle:

Brown earned Team-MVP. He's made plenty of big catches this year, and he HAS to be in the top ten of Third down conversion catches. The team obviously thinks so.

Atlanta Dan
12-29-2011, 08:58 PM

I watch the games and enjoy the games tremendously - if Roger Gooodell has not driven me away the outcome of the vote for team MVP cdertainly won't

It is voting for popularity contests such as the Pro Bowl, team MVP and the weekly "power rankings" (which would matter if the NFL operated like the BCS) that are nonsensical

My point was that these votes for what is a trivia question are not necessarily based on merit

But Ed.B. of the P-G says it better than me

Good morning,

The Steelers will announce their MVP today. Who should it be?

To me, it's a no-brainer that Ben Roethlisberger should wn it. You think this team would be headed for 12-4 if he weren't their quarterback?

If a quarterback plays well, he should always be the team MVP, it's the nature of the position. But only one quarterback has been chosen as the team's MVP since 2002 and that was Roethlisberger in 2009, a year in which they did not even make the playoffs.

Quarterbacks have won the team's MVP award only five times since the award was first issued to wide receiver Roy Jefferson in 1969. Terry Bradshaw won it twice in 1978 and 1978, Neil O'Donnell in 1995 and Kordell Stewart in 2001.

So even though it says here that Roethlisberger should be the hands-down winner, he may not.

Coaches also have been known to manipulate what is supposed to be a players' vote, or at least the results. Bill Cowher was infamous or it. Twice under Cowher there were "ties" for the team MVP, each time splitting the award between an offensive and defensive player.

Whether Mike Tomlin also does so has been open to conjecture.

Troy Polamalu won it last season and there were few arguments that he did not deserve it. He was, after all, the NFL defensive player of the year.

Polamalu will be a candidate this year. So too will Mike Wallace, Brett Keisel and Ike Taylor. The players could vote for Taylor in a show of support for a cornerback they feel is shafted for the lack of attention he gets in the Pro Bowl vote and varioius other awards. All are worthy candidates.

But Roethlisberger has been their most valuable player. Not only has he again performed at high levels, he has done so through a variety of injuries -- a foot sprain in which required a metal plate in his shoe, a broken right thumb and now the high ankle sprain. That he has been able to pass for 3,856 yards, second most in team history, and complete 63.6 percent of his passes and put up another decent passer rating of 91.5 through all of that shows his worth to this team.

He should be the easy pick for MVP.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114112-ed-ben-easily-steelers-mvp

I guess he also is bitter:noidea::chuckle:

:drink:

Bayz101
12-29-2011, 09:04 PM
I watch the games and enjoy the games tremendously

It is voting for popularity contests such as the Pro Bowl, team MVP and the weekly "power rankings" (which would matter if the NFL operated like the BCS) that are nonsensical

My point was that these votes for what is a trivia question are not necessarily based on merit

Good morning,

To me, it's a no-brainer that Ben Roethlisberger should wn it. You think this team would be headed for 12-4 if he weren't their quarterback?

If a quarterback plays well, he should always be the team MVP, it's the nature of the position. But only one quarterback has been chosen as the team's MVP since 2002 and that was Roethlisberger in 2009, a year in which they did not even make the playoffs.

Quarterbacks have won the team's MVP award only five times since the award was first issued to wide receiver Roy Jefferson in 1969. Terry Bradshaw won it twice in 1978 and 1978, Neil O'Donnell in 1995 and Kordell Stewart in 2001.

So even though it says here that Roethlisberger should be the hands-down winner, he may not.

Coaches also have been known to manipulate what is supposed to be a players' vote, or at least the results. Bill Cowher was infamous or it. Twice under Cowher there were "ties" for the team MVP, each time splitting the award between an offensive and defensive player.

Troy Polamalu won it last season and there were few arguments that he did not deserve it. He was, after all, the NFL defensive player of the year.

Polamalu will be a candidate this year. So too will Mike Wallace, Brett Keisel and Ike Taylor. The players could vote for Taylor in a show of support for a cornerback they feel is shafted for the lack of attention he gets in the Pro Bowl vote and varioius other awards. All are worthy candidates.

But Roethlisberger has been their most valuable player. Not only has he again performed at high levels, he has done so through a variety of injuries -- a foot sprain in which required a metal plate in his shoe, a broken right thumb and now the high ankle sprain. That he has been able to pass for 3,856 yards, second most in team history, and complete 63.6 percent of his passes and put up another decent passer rating of 91.5 through all of that shows his worth to this team.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114112-ed-ben-easily-steelers-mvp

I truly think Ben is a more humble individual then he was in '08. He's grown up a lot and he's really make some clutch throws. But I think Brown deserves that team MVP just as much because he's made a LOT of clutch third down catches. One man throws the ball to a receiver, and that receiver makes the catch.

If it we're me, it'd be both Ben & Brown and team MVP. I recall two MVP's selected once?

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 09:06 PM

If we had your vote, Hines Ward wouldn't be on the bench being the NFL's 'biggest cheerleader.'

:sofunny:

harrison'samonster
12-29-2011, 09:07 PM
you know who's fans don't have arguments over who their team MVP is? I'm guessing the Ram's fans. They all know it's Steven Jackson.

It's ok if we disagree on who the MVP of the year has been. We are fans of a team that has a lot of talented players who contribute to wins.

xbroughneck
12-29-2011, 09:20 PM
According to nfl.com:
Games started
Ward: 8 games (which is false. he may have been listed as the starter but definitely wasn't.)
Brown: 3 games
Sanders: 0 games
Cotchery: 0 games

So we had 4 games with a mysterious #2 receiver. It must have been Steve McClendon.

I know for a fact that in the past two games the televised broadcast showed Hines Wards picture as a starter even though Antonio and Wallace were the two "outside" receivers in both games.

Good job Mr. Brown.

SteelCityMom
12-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I watch the games and enjoy the games tremendously - if Roger Gooodell has not driven me away the outcome of the vote for team MVP cdertainly won't

Good morning,

Sorry, but Ed B's opinion on the matter doesn't matter as much to me as the majority of the teams. He can have his opinion, just like you...but unfortunately for you and him, those aren't the opinions that matter.

If you did a fan vote, I'm sure there would be a multitude of answers...all debatable. But this is the TEAMS vote. The whole team, not just a "clique".

I wonder who Ben voted for. :chuckle:

And like I said twice already...the vote is based on merit. I'm not going to waste my time looking for every single quote, but I've heard nothing but accolades for Brown the entire year. From everything I've read and heard, he's the hardest working player on the team. You can argue with that all you want, but I'll go with what the players and coaches say, not you or Ed B. :drink:

SteelCityMom
12-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Oh, and just because...

Va7Bj5Pe_Y4

DanRooney
12-29-2011, 09:42 PM
I know for a fact that in the past two games the televised broadcast showed Hines Wards picture as a starter even though Antonio and Wallace were the two "outside" receivers in both games.

Good job Mr. Brown.

^this.

stb_steeler
12-29-2011, 10:34 PM
There was not ONE play Brown didn't make. I think his only fault, ever was dropping one ball and falling on Batch's interception. Other than that, Brown has simply been flawless in his work ethic on the field and making some impressive, clutch plays for our offense and Special Teams. Dude is special.

Just hope we can hang onto him for awhile.....

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Oh, and just because...

Va7Bj5Pe_Y4

:rofl:

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Just hope we can hang onto him for awhile.....

I don't think he'll be as hard to hang onto as Wallace, and he's put up more of an effort in his play than Wallace in my opinion. I think Wallace knows what he's worth.

MACH1
12-30-2011, 01:38 AM
If we had your vote, Hines Ward wouldn't be on the bench being the NFL's 'biggest cheerleader.'

:sofunny:

And the only reason he will be in the HOF is because of his padded stats.

tony hipchest
12-30-2011, 01:42 AM

he bagged my groceries today. real nice kid and well deserving of the MVG (Most Valuable Grocer) award.

And the only reason he will be in the HOF is because of his padded stats.

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 03:12 AM
he bagged my groceries today. real nice kid and well deserving of the MVG (Most Valuable Grocer) award.

What's funny is I never said Gibson was going to be a superstar or anything of the like. Just that it'd be nice to keep him since Worilds looked less than spectacular in the preseason. I did say Heyward is going to be a stud, so you can hold me to that as long as you want. Though our backup NT seems entrenched to push the 1st rounder off the roster :chuckle:

But you guys did say that Hines Ward should still be the starter on this team because of leadership and blocking and that Antonio Brown wasn't ready to start because he 'didn't know the playbook.' Funny how he becomes clueless to team MVP in 10 weeks :sofunny:

ricardisimo
12-30-2011, 03:22 AM
What's funny is I never said Gibson was going to be a superstar or anything of the like. Just that it'd be nice to keep him since Worilds looked less than spectacular in the preseason. I did say Heyward is going to be a stud, so you can hold me to that as long as you want. Though our backup NT seems entrenched to push the 1st rounder off the roster :chuckle:

But you guys did say that Hines Ward should still be the starter on this team because of leadership and blocking and that Antonio Brown wasn't ready to start because he 'didn't know the playbook.' Funny how he becomes clueless to team MVP in 10 weeks :sofunny:
What's this "you guys" business? You (and others) were calling for Ward to be cut, and in that same tone of voice as those calling for Kemo to be cut, as if we were the Oakland Raiders, and as if there were no salary cap repercussions to such an idiotic move.

And whether or not "us guys" were calling for Ward to start is moot, since Ward has, in fact, been listed as the starter for most of the games this year. Just those idiot Rooneys, I guess, hindering their team's development and success. :noidea:

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 03:28 AM

I'm not really up-to-date on this Gibson argument. But I watched Gibson at Ohio State and he was impressive. It would of been cool to see him get some plays under his belt with us, but it just didn't happen. As for Hines; coming into this season, he was a starter. He brought in some good yardage as a starter, but Brown and Wallace brought in better numbers.

Take a look at our receiving core. It's great. Coming into this season using the knowledge in which we acquired of this group, Hines was the veteran leader of the pack. Sure, he may not be the number one guy, or maybe four for the matter. But from listening to the young guns, I think there's no doubt he's the leader.

finesward
12-30-2011, 08:29 AM

Can't speak for anyone else, but I said Hines should start the season as the starter, and that I'd be surprised if sanders and/or brown hadn't passed him by the end of the season. You wanted him cut to open a roster spot for your man crush thad. Which one of us accurately predicted what would happen?

theplatypus
12-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by xbroughneck

^this.

I guess the stat lines on NFL.com are fake then.

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 02:03 PM
What's this "you guys" business? You (and others) were calling for Ward to be cut, and in that same tone of voice as those calling for Kemo to be cut, as if we were the Oakland Raiders, and as if there were no salary cap repercussions to such an idiotic move.

And whether or not "us guys" were calling for Ward to start is moot, since Ward has, in fact, been listed as the starter for most of the games this year. Just those idiot Rooneys, I guess, hindering their team's development and success. :noidea:

Show me a post where I said Ward should be cut during the year. I said Ward should be demoted #4 or #5 receiver on this team at the beginning of the season and apparently that was too much for some posters to cope with. A few months later, that's exactly what happened :chuckle:. But he should retire after season or take a significant paycut; which I'm sure he won't do.

When I say 'you guys,' I'm specifically referring to hipchest and mach.

Darkstorm05
12-30-2011, 02:17 PM
I would have picked Brown hands down, as well. Ike and Keisel runners up. Ben and Gay have cost us games this year, and Wallace has slacked big time sorry to say it, but to me MVP requires consistent "Above and beyond" play. While others have had their great points(Ben has come through plenty of times, Wallace turned in a few phenomenal games), but Brown has been exceeding expectations every step of the way.

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2011, 02:18 PM

i seen a thad gibson bagger fathead on ebay ...:sofunny:

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 04:44 PM

And I seen a fat Thad Gibson filling bags at goodwill....Coincidence??

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 07:12 PM

I seen our #1 receiver Hines Ward on the bench. The same receiver that's 'better than Calvin Johnson.' :sofunny:

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 07:16 PM
I seen our #1 receiver Hines Ward on the bench. The same receiver that's 'better than Calvin Johnson.' :sofunny:

Which one is it? Johnson or Fitzgerald? I'm losing track...

tony hipchest
12-30-2011, 07:18 PM

:confused: did you just crack a funny?

1ytCEuuW2_A

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Which one is it? Johnson or Fitzgerald? I'm losing track...

You tell me. All of you guys agreed with possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 07:20 PM
:confused: did you just crack a funny?

1ytCEuuW2_A

Nope just laughing at you :chuckle:

we all know "you cant run no smack!"

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 07:22 PM
You tell me. All of you guys agreed with possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'm almost positive that you we're the one who said that. Maybe it wasn't, but I swear it was a Ben avatar :banging:

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 07:25 PM
There's a couple of people on here with the same Ben avatar...

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 07:28 PM
There's a couple of people on here with the same Ben avatar...

Yeah, just a couple :chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-30-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm almost positive that you we're the one who said that. Maybe it wasn't, but I swear it was a Ben avatar :banging:no, he's the one who said desean jackson was better than mike wallace.

he just repeats the fitzgerald/calvin stuff so much, it seems like he said it and actually believes it was said.

ricardisimo
12-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Moving along... I think we're all in agreement that it is high praise indeed to have a team full of elite players - Pro Bowlers and several future Hall-of-Famers - vote you the team's MVP. Kudos to Brown.

I still want to call him Downtownio (although, truth be told, he hasn't had quite enough super-long plays to justify that handle, not yet anyways.)

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 07:32 PM
no, he's the one who said desean jackson was better than mike wallace.

he just repeats the fitzgerald/calvin stuff so much, it seems like he said it and actually believes it was said.

There's just so much to keep up with, my mind is warped :chuckle:

DanRooney
12-30-2011, 07:32 PM
no, he's the one who said desean jackson was better than mike wallace.

Making stuff up as usual hipchest? I never said DeSean Jackson was better than Wallace. I was actually arguing with that guy as well when he kept calling him a one-trick pony.

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Moving along... I think we're all in agreement that it is high praise indeed to have a team full of elite players - Pro Bowlers and several future Hall-of-Famers - vote you the team's MVP. Kudos to Brown.

I still want to call him Downtownio (although, truth be told, he hasn't had quite enough super-long plays to justify that handle.)

Yeah I always called him "Downtown" Antonio Brown, even last year. Wallace is the bigger deep threat of course due to his speed, but Brown proved he can make the deep catches, and maybe even put on the boost, as well? That catch against the Browns was impressive, and the finesse was even better.

tony hipchest
12-30-2011, 07:46 PM
... I never said DeSean Jackson was better than Wallace. I was actually arguing with that guy as well when he kept calling him a one-trick pony.

:jerkit:

i agree. it is kind of a bore and pretty senseless why my thread marking antonio brown's achievement was crashed with snide remarks in the first place.

i guess some people just cant be happy enough with celebrating a great young (or old) players accomplishments and future (or past) potential.

so moving along...

where is dodens grave? i really want to see him demand that SCMom produce evidence in print that antonio brown is one of the hardest workers in the locker room. :scratchchin:

otherwise her claim is meaningless. :stirthepot:

ricardisimo
12-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Tone... :chuckle:

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 08:11 PM
:jerkit:

i agree. it is kind of a bore and pretty senseless why my thread marking antonio brown's achievement was crashed with snide remarks in the first place.

i guess some people just cant be happy enough with celebrating a great young (or old) players accomplishments and future (or past) potential.

so moving along...

where is dodens grave? i really want to see him demand that SCMom produce evidence in print that antonio brown is one of the hardest workers in the locker room. :scratchchin:

otherwise her claim is meaningless. :stirthepot:

Have to purchase insider information to give Dodens his jollies :chuckle: