PDA

View Full Version : Seeing & Hearing great things from Ike

Haiku_Dirtt
06-24-2006, 02:02 PM
http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-24/1151130189226690.xml&coll=1

All the contract whispers from the Ike Camp kinda turned me off a few months ago. I went to the "Ike's a cronic self-promoter" card especially with the number of guys who were ahead of him on the 'negotiation list' - probably more discredit to his punk-a** agent.

The Drew Rosen-punks of the world can all go to (fill in your favorite). SNAKE OIL

But Ike's true colors are shining brightly.

This year is flying by but for some reason the NFL seaon is taking forever to arrive.

nicesteel4life
06-24-2006, 02:52 PM
IKE is awesome!!!! He has always (so far) been very very friendly and giving to his fans.
He doesn't even realize what he does for a special girl in my hometown. She has cancer and is only 14 years old. Her name is Taylor, so of course that is her #1 Player. I had a AWESOME 11x14 autographed photo of him that I got his rookie year. When he still signed his full name (they usually all shorten them as time goes on). Anyway I had it framed and put over her hospital bed. Gosh she looks at it everyday as she fights her disease. I have tried to write to him, with no luck as so far. Would love for him to go see her while she was in Pittsburgh for a treatment. But I truly feel that if he knew, he would. So glad he is a Steeler and so glad he makes a special girl smile without even knowing.
STEELER NATION RULES!!!!

SteelShooter
06-24-2006, 03:43 PM
IKE is awesome!!!! He has always (so far) been very very friendly and giving to his fans.
He doesn't even realize what he does for a special girl in my hometown. She has cancer and is only 14 years old. Her name is Taylor, so of course that is her #1 Player. I had a AWESOME 11x14 autographed photo of him that I got his rookie year. When he still signed his full name (they usually all shorten them as time goes on). Anyway I had it framed and put over her hospital bed. Gosh she looks at it everyday as she fights her disease. I have tried to write to him, with no luck as so far. Would love for him to go see her while she was in Pittsburgh for a treatment. But I truly feel that if he knew, he would. So glad he is a Steeler and so glad he makes a special girl smile without even knowing.
STEELER NATION RULES!!!!

NiceSteel,

Very touching, what you have done. My hat is off to you.

I agree, "I like Ike!" And his continued grooming of Bryant McFadden will be a credit to his legacy as well. Bryant is a SERIOUS up-and-coming defender I truly believe. His play during the playoffs this past year were superb! ...as well as Ike's.

Keep trying to get in touch with him for this brave little girl........it will be worth the effort in the end. Karms sends positive reps your way.........

BigDude66687
06-24-2006, 03:55 PM
nice job finding that article

Steelers gotta resign Ike, him and Polamalu are gonna be a great combo if they stay together for the next 5-10 years baring signifiant injuries

try sending an email to the front office namely the publicity people, im sure they would to try to get Ike to go to her Bed

tony hipchest
06-24-2006, 05:56 PM
ike will be great and needs to be extended before this season. i gotta give props to alan faneca. he is a star in his own right and regarded by many as the best guard in the game. for hin to take the time to assist a fellow young team mate is pretty cool. just another example of the team unity and commaraderie that exists with the steelers cause faneca and ike have got to be as much of oposites that you could find on the steelers.

props too for rookie safety smith getting in on the act. sure beats partying and slapping women around. too bad stories like this dont get more media attention.

Livinginthe past
06-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Just out of interest, we all know that the Steelers have a similar attitude to the Patriots when it comes to potential FA's - they will only pay them what they are worth and not a penny more.

My question is, if Ike doesn't re-sign who would likely be bidding for his services and would there be any teams he wouldnt play for?

I'll go ahead and throw the Redskins out there - they will bid for just about any FA and will more than likely offer more than the Steelers would.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
06-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Just out of interest, we all know that the Steelers have a similar attitude to the Patriots when it comes to potential FA's - they will only pay them what they are worth and not a penny more.

My question is, if Ike doesn't re-sign who would likely be bidding for his services and would there be any teams he wouldnt play for?

I'll go ahead and throw the Redskins out there - they will bid for just about any FA and will more than likely offer more than the Steelers would.

NM

Hell, I think Dan Snyder would over pay for a teams water boy. So yea the Skins would be a team going after Ike and giving him a ton of money to sign. I also could see maybe a team like the Bucs or one of the New York teams going after Ike.

DIESELMAN
06-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Nice article.....Says a lot for Ike, Alan and Ryan to give up their time like that. Good role models.....

HometownGal
06-24-2006, 08:41 PM
What a great article. Kudos to Ike, Alan and every other professional athlete out there (including Mel Blount) who gives of themselves to make the world a little better place for our youth. These guys may be tough as nails on the outside, but on the inside - they have hearts of pure gold. :smile:

Thanks for the link Haiku!

clevestinks
06-24-2006, 10:01 PM
STEELER NATION RULES!!!!
I agee he always seems to be all smiles and more than happy to sign for fans

83-Steelers-43
06-24-2006, 10:07 PM
All in time with this kid. While shy he has an excellent attitude. Anybody watch the local Comcast Steeler section bio on the kid? Good stuff. IMO, he's only going to get better. After witnessing Chad Scott and Dwayne Washington, this kid is a blessing.