PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger probable for Sunday

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 08:19 PM
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and safety Troy Polamalu each attended a full practice Friday and are listed as probable for the regular-season finale in Cleveland on Sunday.

Roethlisberger practiced all week after missing last Saturday's 27-0 win over the St. Louis Rams because of a high ankle sprain. The injury occurred three weeks ago in a home win against the Browns, but he played the following Monday in San Francisco and threw three interceptions in a 20-3 loss.

Polamalu (knee) did not practice until Friday but is expected to start Sunday. Center Maurkice Pouncey missed the past two games with a high ankle sprain but said he's going to play.

Linebacker James Harrison (neck) and wide receivers Mike Wallace (ankle) and Emmanuel Sanders (foot) are listed as probable.

LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) is doubtful after not practicing Friday, and Jason Worilds likely will make his seventh start at outside linebacker.

The playoff-bound Steelers need a win and a Baltimore loss at Cincinnati to win the AFC North and earn a first-round bye.

Post 1,000!

:tt02:

FanSince72
12-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Jamison Hensley wrote on ESPN online that:
"If Roethlisberger does play, the Steelers had better call 75 percent run plays.
Head coach Mike Tomlin and the Steelers would never live down this decision if the quarterback hurts his ankle further by playing in the regular-season finale."

Forget "living it down".

If Ben gets hurt even more, Tomlin should look into witness protection.

Bayz101
12-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Jamison Hensley wrote on ESPN online that:
"If Roethlisberger does play, the Steelers had better call 75 percent run plays.
Head coach Mike Tomlin and the Steelers would never live down this decision if the quarterback hurts his ankle further by playing in the regular-season finale."

Forget "living it down".

If Ben gets hurt even more, Tomlin should look into witness protection.

People already lighting a fire under Tomlin's ass and the game hasn't even been played. I agree with Tomlin's decision to play Ben, and I agreed with the very same decision against the Niners. Ben needs to get prepared for the playoffs. A little play to knock of the rust is a good thing.

FanSince72
12-31-2011, 12:05 AM
People already lighting a fire under Tomlin's ass and the game hasn't even been played. I agree with Tomlin's decision to play Ben, and I agreed with the very same decision against the Niners. Ben needs to get prepared for the playoffs. A little play to knock of the rust is a good thing.

Sorry, no sale.

Ben doesn't need the reps.
He's been in the league for seven seasons, been to the playoffs almost every year and been to three Super Bowls and he was only out for one game, so how much rust can there be?

But if Ben plays in a game that Charlie Batch should easily be able to handle and someone rolls up on that ankle again --- he's done for the playoffs.

Then what?

Bayz101
12-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Sorry, no sale.

Ben doesn't need the reps.
He's been in the league for seven seasons, been to the playoffs almost every year and been to three Super Bowls and he was only out for one game, so how much rust can there be?

But if Ben plays in a game that Charlie Batch should easily be able to handle and someone rolls up on that ankle again --- he's done for the playoffs.

Then what?

I think he needs to get at least a little game time in this one, or we'll be spending the entire first half of our first playoff game getting Ben in sync with the constantly changing offense.

BlaZeQuietly
12-31-2011, 02:25 AM
I think they should start Batch, play conservative, and if the Ravens game is close then put in Ben and unleash his fury.

Rick5895
12-31-2011, 05:17 AM
Either treat this like pre-season game 4 and play him 10-15 snaps or start Batch and if we need a win and are struggling then bring in Ben.
Problem is we're not privy to the injury information (only the reports that are released) and it could very well be Ben is healed to the point he can play his usual game.