PDA

View Full Version : Chances of a first round bye

BlaZeQuietly
12-31-2011, 12:46 AM
A lot of people seem to think the Bengles are going to beat the Ravens this weekend.
This kind of feels like the Ravens Chargers game game to me, Ravens on the road, playing a hot team, we all know the Ravens aren't that great on the road. It will be interesting to see how well Dalton performs under extreme pressure, I think he'll do good. As far as the Steelers Browns game goes, I know the Browns would love to spoil it for the Steelers, but they just don't have what it takes, they don't score enough points.
The only thing that worries me is that the Bengles have not beat a playoff caliber team.

What are your thoughts on all of this?

tony hipchest
12-31-2011, 12:57 AM
the bungles would love to spoil it for the steelers and are dumb and inexperienced enough to do so.

then again, the ravens think they already have earned the division. they act like a freshman in HS dating the lead cheerleader, so it just seems like premature gatorade bathjaculation and a HUGE letdown for them.

its a tough one. expecting joe flacco to choke worse than a rookie isnt really asking too much.

i expect it to be alot like watching a "rock-paper-scissors" tournament between flacco, sanchez, and romo.

:hunch:

cubanstogie
12-31-2011, 01:01 AM
I am not optimistic about this game. I see the Ravens' D shutting Dalton down. Flacco will play just bad enough to keep the game interesting but Rice and the D will be the difference. God I hope I am wrong though. Cincy has to get a special teams TD or a pic six to win it.

BlaZeQuietly
12-31-2011, 01:15 AM
then again, the ravens think they already have earned the division. they act like a freshman in HS dating the lead cheerleader,

LMFAO I LOVE THAT COMPARISON. Reminds me of my self in highschool, wow was I ever in for a rude awakening. lol:chuckle:

Bayz101
12-31-2011, 02:37 AM
LMFAO I LOVE THAT COMPARISON. Reminds me of my self in highschool, wow was I ever in for a rude awakening. lol:chuckle:

:rofl:

jjpro11
12-31-2011, 04:17 AM
i really don't know what to expect.. hopefully things go our way. i can't wait for Sunday to see what unfolds. i'll have the Steelers game on TV and have the Bengals game streaming on the laptop.

ricardisimo
12-31-2011, 05:10 AM
I still say that the #1 seed is not too much of a stretch, and if it happens I'll be gloating and calling myself a genius. Marvin Lewis is given lemons every year, and most years he makes lemonade. That's what one should expect from a Cowher disciple. I think he knows what he's doing, and I don't think it's a coincidence that he's 6-2 (or thereabouts) at home against the Ravens. I think he will pull this off and get his team into the playoffs.

The Bills have already beaten the Patriots once this year, and I think that they (like the Ravens in our division) were designed to beat one team and one team only: the Patriots. So they could conceivably do it again. Chan Gailey (another Cowher alumnus) is underrated, and is playing for pride right now. It's 50/50, what can I tell you. Not impossible.

The Browns should be in the bag, although the fact that Ben is starting makes me worried. I think we are a better coached team when Ben is not playing. When Tomlin and (specifically) Arians know that their hands are tied they seem to do the right thing. Last week was the right thing. We'll see what happens this week.

What I'd like to see, other than the Bills and Bengals winning, and us spanking the Browns yet again, is Rashard breaking 1000 yards rushing and Ward getting his receptions.

DanRooney
12-31-2011, 05:14 AM
The Bengals always play the Ravens tough. The last time they should have won and they were without AJ Green. Hopefully we catch a break...

Rick5895
12-31-2011, 05:19 AM
I fully expect that the Ratbirds will lay an egg. The Bungles are in a win and in position for the playoffs, I expect we will at least have the #2 seed.

finesward
12-31-2011, 07:35 AM
The Bengals always play the Ravens tough. The last time they should have won and they were without AJ Green. Hopefully we catch a break...

this and balt will be without boldin this time around. i'm hoping for the bengals to pull one out at home and make it in the playoffs.

steelfury02
12-31-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm so mentally exhausted with this year's team and knowing we've already made the playoffs, I just want to get out of Cleveland with everyone healthy and a win. Regardless of what Ravens/Cincy game means - we just need to go into playoffs with 2 Ws in a row.

I can't take the thought of Cincy winning, and then us having a mental Hershey squirt in Cleveland - I will take an Xmas present and launch it like a overly-spoiled only child.

I always go back to the conversation that Steelers fanbase is the equivalent to Yankees fanbase - we expect so much every season that when we don't come home with a Lombardi you have one depressed/peeved fan base - whereas 80% of the other fanbases would die to win just one huge game. If we win the division and get a bye or whatever that is great - but if we don't - I won't be shocked/ticked off either - we've had a couple chances slip away so I say so be it - it is what it is - we still made the playoffs and have a good shot of winning at least the first game.

More than anything - I want to see #7 for a lot of vets so they/and the fans can move on lol

Boomer
12-31-2011, 08:30 AM
How sweet would it be for our Steelers to take the division away from the crack head ratbirds! Maybe it would shut up some of their idiot fans who seem to have an obsession with all things Steelers. Win the division and them trounce them in the playoffs. The we'll see how many gatorade baths their stupid coach gets. :tt04: :tt02:

steelfury02
12-31-2011, 08:38 AM
it would be nice but things haven't gone our way this year versus them and we haven't taken advantage when they slipped up against other teams so it is what it is

I love how other teams love to rub dirt in our faces when they beat us - especially the Rats - if we make it farther than them I'd love to see one of our Steelers say something publicly about their "little brother" lol

- They are the tiny guy on the pee wee squad whose father is one of the coaches. They are put in a good position to succeed in practice and then come game day they are over matched but then make up for it with their loud mouth and flashyness in practice again - all for the sake of being able to thump their chest and say "look at me" - all talk and the team actually loses because of the idiots put in charge and the favorites being played instead of the best players

- Then, you make it to varsity, and they have all the excuses / injuries / reasons why they aren't getting the playing time they deserve and the former coach / now parent in the stands is the guy constantly coming up to the varsity coach complaining that said kid doesn't play enough - when everyone knows him and his kid are just sore lol

EDIT: I realize I just went on a personal rant - but to summarize, the Ravens and their fans are big mouth jerks who really haven't done anything valid since over a decade ago.

rich4eagle
12-31-2011, 05:33 PM
All the milkcoast aside starting with the lead thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes inteed the Bengals have a good chance of winning tomorrow

ETL
12-31-2011, 08:10 PM
if the Bengals do what EVERY FREAKING TEAM PLAYING THE RAVENS SHOULD DO... that is shut down Ray Rice and make Joe Flacco try to beat you - then they should have a good chance to win.

Twentyvalve
12-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Exactly. I don't get it Ray Rice is 80% of their game. Dick can't figure out how to shut him down with our D?

Despite being a Raven, I think Ray Rice is great player, and I would think he would be quite an asset to the Steelers. Regardless, I hope the Bengals shut him down and make Flacco throw - after all, he has a crappy completion rate. I say let that decide the game.

Oh yeah, every single time I have watched a Ravens game the very first play is a handoff to Rice with a run to the inside left. I bet that happens tomorrow too.

if the Bengals do what EVERY FREAKING TEAM PLAYING THE RAVENS SHOULD DO... that is shut down Ray Rice and make Joe Flacco try to beat you - then they should have a good chance to win.

PeRK82
01-01-2012, 12:01 AM
I am not optimistic about this game. I see the Ravens' D shutting Dalton down. Flacco will play just bad enough to keep the game interesting but Rice and the D will be the difference. God I hope I am wrong though. Cincy has to get a special teams TD or a pic six to win it.

Where do you people get this from, you all act like Flacco is Mark Sanchez. The guy has dramatically improved from week 1, The only thing worrying me is Cam Cameron keeping the Bengals in the game, he always finds a way. Cameron needs to let Flacco loose, if that happens, all Hell will break out.

PeRK82
01-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Exactly. I don't get it Ray Rice is 80% of their game. Dick can't figure out how to shut him down with our D?

Despite being a Raven, I think Ray Rice is great player, and I would think he would be quite an asset to the Steelers. Regardless, I hope the Bengals shut him down and make Flacco throw - after all, he has a crappy completion rate. I say let that decide the game.

Oh yeah, every single time I have watched a Ravens game the very first play is a handoff to Rice with a run to the inside left. I bet that happens tomorrow too.

I hope they shut him down too, so they will let Flacco throw, His crappy completion percentage if from WRers dropping deep balls that arnt easy to catch but honetly they should have been caught, let alone the interm. passes that have been dropped by everyone, from Boldin to Rice.

Like your prediction for the first play of the game, but that just shows you how GREAT our O.C is, id take you O.C over Cam anyday.

cubanstogie
01-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Where do you people get this from, you all act like Flacco is Mark Sanchez. The guy has dramatically improved from week 1, The only thing worrying me is Cam Cameron keeping the Bengals in the game, he always finds a way. Cameron needs to let Flacco loose, if that happens, all Hell will break out.

The only games I have seen Flacco play really well have been the 2 against us. I would say he is a little better than Sanchez, not much. He doesn't seem to have a leaders mentality or killer instinct and has a couple of bonehead plays every game. Without Ray Rice Flacco is worse than Diryt Sanchez. So yes I say he keeps the Bungles in the game. I do think your D will win the game eventually though.

IowaSteeler927
01-01-2012, 04:19 AM
I wouldn't just write the Browns off. Seneca Wallace worries me. Colt McCoy isn't nearly as mobile as Wallace nor as experienced. Wallace will be the x-factor for the Brownies. If he plays well they have a shot, if not then the Steelers dominate with defense.

As for Flacco he's a game manager. He lives off the success of Ray Rice. When they try to put the game on Flacco's shoulders he generally doesn't show up. When Ray Rice is running the ball well the Ravens are able to throw the ball. I don't see Flacco winning the game for them this week with his security blanket Boldin listed as doubtful and likely not playing against the Bengals.